[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If we kept Scvheyd Larkin and Aldrich
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/14/2016  2:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2016  2:35 PM
and did not have Admundson and Seraphin--wed be 28-13 right now.

I wonder when its opt out time if guys like Affalo D Will are gone the same way?

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
1/14/2016  2:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2016  2:45 PM
You think Larkin would crack the rotation with both Galloway and Grant here? Schved would probably have to battle both Calderon and Affalo for minutes. Aldrich, I'll give you that. He's a better backup center than Seraphin for sure.

I don't think keeping those players would positively impact this team. This team is basically playing .500 ball! That's a great improvement over last year's debacle.

Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

1/14/2016  2:53 PM
BRIGGS wrote:and did not have Admundson and Seraphin--wed be 28-13 right now.

I wonder when its opt out time if guys like Affalo D Will are gone the same way?

So is this trolling or do you really not understand NBA basketball to this degree?

BRIGGS
1/14/2016  2:56 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:You think Larkin would crack the rotation with both Galloway and Grant here? Schved would probably have to battle both Calderon and Affalo for minutes. Aldrich, I'll give you that. He's a better backup center than Seraphin for sure.

I don't think keeping those players would positively impact this team. This team is basically playing .500 ball! That's a great improvement over last year's debacle.

I give the Knicks a lot of credit for improving the team--they deserve credit. It wont be a one year wonder because we have Porzingis Melo and Lopez.
It wouldve been nice is Scvyhed was in battle with Affalo and Calderon for minutes
Larkin is probably better than both Galloway and Grant and both players together wouldve given us that extra quality "back up strength" at both guard positions that we do not have--that wouldve also allowed Grant to come along at pace. Aldrich is nearly as good as Lopez or at worst just a few seeds behind him when give PT. The +- of teams come down many times to back up players. Their loss(quality back up strength) is our team weakness

And lets be reasonable--we are 19-20 because we have a 7-3 20 yo that not many if any thought would breakout this fast. Without KP this is a 12 win team as is.

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

1/14/2016  2:57 PM
Shved is talented but has bones made out of paper.

Larkin didnt fit. we bitched about him last yr; im not gonna change now that he had a few good games

Aldrich - i think we fine at center

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
BRIGGS
1/14/2016  2:58 PM
Knickoftime wrote:

So is this trolling or do you really not understand NBA basketball to this degree?

I think I have it down a bit--Im trying

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
1/14/2016  3:02 PM
Knickoftime wrote:

Also for whoever in Knick management wanted to do anything BUT pick Porzingis--thats the only reason they still have a job. If we had Trey Lyles they d all be fired. At the end of the day Phil Jackson made the Porzingis pick and his buddy was th reason why--I have a feeling that the "others" were not on board and are just lucky.

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

1/14/2016  3:03 PM

Oh my goodness. Why are you allowed to make threads??
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/14/2016  3:17 PM
Holy crap, if we had Scvheyd Larkin and Aldrich we'd be the top cede in the Eastern Conference!!! Damn, another opportunity missed
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/14/2016  3:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2016  3:21 PM
Briggs watches a game and transposes what he see's to the knicks in the way he feels at the moment.

Larkin played good last nite so he would have been as such with the knicks. Etc, etc.

smackeddog
Member: #883
1/14/2016  3:49 PM

Can anyone play this game? There's no way to prove or disprove any claim.

Everyone knows if we'd kept Bargs and signed Eddy Curry instead of Afflalo and KP we'd be 39-2 right now

H1AND1
Member: #5648

1/14/2016  3:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2016  3:53 PM
Yes we'd be Golden State East with Schved, Larkin, and Aldrich. Three players who are balling out of their minds right now.

Back to reality...No way. Schved is a career 35% shooter and a prototypical "Not Very Good Chucker Who Puts Up Numbers on a Bad Team" while he was here. Anyone can get hot for ~17 games. Aldrich is a career 12th man who is a couple inches taller an a few BB IQ points lower than Amundson, and Larkin is 5'5" with no elite skills to make up for that fact besides being fast. Sorry id say you're way off here.

All three of those dudes are scrubs.

Knickoftime

1/14/2016  3:52 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Also for whoever in Knick management wanted to do anything BUT pick Porzingis--thats the only reason they still have a job. If we had Trey Lyles they d all be fired. At the end of the day Phil Jackson made the Porzingis pick and his buddy was th reason why--I have a feeling that the "others" were not on board and are just lucky.

We're lucky Phil Jackson did was he was hired to do?

That's a curious definition of luck.

Knickoftime

1/14/2016  3:53 PM
Shved.

Shved.

Shved.

Let's stop trying to spell it like we have relatives in Minsk.

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
1/14/2016  3:54 PM
I don't really agree with 28-13. Aldrich really woudn'y play or really contribute anything. We would have Calderone, afflao, Galloway, Schved, grant and Larkin. We aren't playing 6 guards. Schved would have helped as a backup PG but hurt Grants development. Too many PG's. We really needed another SG that can score. Slightly better but hopefully Grant can keep developing and really help in the 2nd half. At this point would like to get another SG ( Fredette?) and put Sasha at the end of the bench-- he looks shot.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Knickoftime

1/14/2016  3:55 PM
BRIGGS wrote:And lets be reasonable...

Yes, let's.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/14/2016  4:40 PM
Yeah, I'm not feeling this. I would've liked to sign Shved over Seraphin - but really that's about it.

Fisher has basically said out loud a few times that if he knew KP was gonna be ready to play real minutes at center so soon, they might not have signed Seraphin over Shved.

I think the Knicks came in thinking KP would play 15-20mpg this year. The fact that he is well over 30 minutes these days and playing like the clear cut second best player in the draft, some nights the best, has probably saved many jobs - including maybe Fisher's.

If KP was a dud or wasn't ready and couldn't be a starter... what would our record be? 11-30? (and for the Melo haters, I think our record would be just as bad if not worse if we didn't have Melo and did have KP - they need each other. It's a team, but are intrinsic to any success we have)

¿ △ ?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/14/2016  4:44 PM

Scvhed Larkin and Aldrich do not add wins to a team, they sit at the end of the bench and come in during scrub time.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
1/14/2016  4:48 PM
crzymdups wrote:Yeah, I'm not feeling this. I would've liked to sign Shved over Seraphin - but really that's about it.

Fisher has basically said out loud a few times that if he knew KP was gonna be ready to play real minutes at center so soon, they might not have signed Seraphin over Shved.

I think the Knicks came in thinking KP would play 15-20mpg this year. The fact that he is well over 30 minutes these days and playing like the clear cut second best player in the draft, some nights the best, has probably saved many jobs - including maybe Fisher's.

If KP was a dud or wasn't ready and couldn't be a starter... what would our record be? 11-30? (and for the Melo haters, I think our record would be just as bad if not worse if we didn't have Melo and did have KP - they need each other. It's a team, but are intrinsic to any success we have)

There is no such thing as Melo haters. There are "real fans" that want their franchise player to play to the best of their ability night in and night out.

Before this season, he's "dogged it". Bad body language, ball hogging, lazy D, feuds with teammates(Lin and THJR), tuning out the coach(D'Antoni and Woodson), etc..

There's no real hate you speak of. Just truth, that homers put blinders on and don't want to see.

It took Melo 13 seasons to finally play the way we know he's capable. Better late than never I guess.

Knickoftime

1/14/2016  5:20 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Yeah, I'm not feeling this. I would've liked to sign Shved over Seraphin - but really that's about it.

There is no such thing as Melo haters. There are "real fans" that want their franchise player to play to the best of their ability night in and night out.

Before this season, he's "dogged it". Bad body language, ball hogging, lazy D, feuds with teammates(Lin and THJR), tuning out the coach(D'Antoni and Woodson), etc..

There's no real hate you speak of. Just truth, that homers put blinders on and don't want to see.

It took Melo 13 seasons to finally play the way we know he's capable. Better late than never I guess.

Hour or so ago you advocated trading him to finally move on.

if it quacks like a Melo-hater...

If we kept Scvheyd Larkin and Aldrich

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy