[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Good game for us
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/29/2015  11:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2015  11:06 PM
Yes we were dominated by Patrick Beverley and Marcus Thorton the last 6 minutes. Yes our coach flopped with adjustments the last 6 minutes but overall I needed to see change and we got that. I know there is a bunch of people who love Carmelo and he's a really good player but just not for this team. The ball movement and efficiency went straight up. Also I think it's become obvious that seraphin should play a much bigger role as should Derrick Williams. Carmelo is a guy who demands 20 shots and u have no clue whether he will hit 6 shots or 12 on top of which ball movement stagnates We should've won horrible loss but good things taken from the game
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
11/29/2015  11:14 PM
Another way to look at things is that the rest of the Knicks players should play like this all the time, regardless of MELO playing or not. Nothing is stopping them from playing this way but themselves. It's a mental thing. They see MELO and think they have to force things to get MELO the ball all the time rather than just play!!!

Also MELO needs to look to play more in the flow rather than mostly looking to post up. There's no reason MELO can't catch and shoot off curl plays etc. It would keep the Ball n Player movement going and the pace would be faster. Fisher needs to address this.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/29/2015  11:14 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Yes we were dominated by Patrick Beverley and Marcus Thorton the last 6 minutes. Yes our coach flopped with adjustments the last 6 minutes but overall I needed to see change and we got that. I know there is a bunch of people who love Carmelo and he's a really good player but just not for this team. The ball movement and efficiency went straight up. Also I think it's become obvious that seraphin should play a much bigger role as should Derrick Williams. Carmelo is a guy who demands 20 shots and u have no clue whether he will hit 6 shots or 12 on top of which ball movement stagnates We should've won horrible loss but good things taken from the game

I kinda agree - Melo is a great talent, but we're a better team when he is not out there and our guys can just play team ball.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

11/29/2015  11:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2015  11:19 PM
of course we are a much better team with Melo. We also need much more out of melo and need him to be more of a facilitator and less of a "scorer".

if he does not want to embrace this role then perhaps we should move him while his value is high so that we can stockpile some assets.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
callmened
Member: #4234

11/29/2015  11:18 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I know there is a bunch of people who love Carmelo and he's a really good player but just not for this team. The ball movement and efficiency went straight up. Carmelo is a guy who demands 20 shots and u have no clue whether he will hit 6 shots or 12 on top of which ball movement stagnates We should've won horrible loss but good things taken from the game

i agree 100%.

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/29/2015  11:18 PM
One thing about Melo - Afflalo was hitting a LOT of shots tonight from Melo's spots on the floor. Afflalo was 13-19fg - too bad his shots came from Melo's pet spots. One reason I sort of feel like Afflalo should lead the bench unit and be the offensive focal point when Melo rests.
¿ △ ?
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

11/29/2015  11:25 PM
Insane...this year, Carmelo has moved the ball very efficiently. The problem is the slow footed back court that always want to slow the tempo, and forced the entire team to settle in the half court. Tweek the lineup by replacing Calderon as our PG. use him purely as a catch and shoot SG/SF, our flow will be better/quicker, and we won't have to worry abou ISO Melo
Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
mreinman

11/29/2015  11:29 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:Insane...this year, Carmelo has moved the ball very efficiently. The problem is the slow footed back court that always want to slow the tempo, and forced the entire team to settle in the half court. Tweek the lineup by replacing Calderon as our PG. use him purely as a catch and shoot SG/SF, our flow will be better/quicker, and we won't have to worry abou ISO Melo

who is gonna bring up the ball and break the press to get into the triangle? The only one who can do that is melo and he has to be willing to facilitate. He has not really been so much more of a willing passer than before. Eye test candy for fans that are desperate to see improvement.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/29/2015  11:30 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:Insane...this year, Carmelo has moved the ball very efficiently. The problem is the slow footed back court that always want to slow the tempo, and forced the entire team to settle in the half court. Tweek the lineup by replacing Calderon as our PG. use him purely as a catch and shoot SG/SF, our flow will be better/quicker, and we won't have to worry abou ISO Melo

This is the plan but they don't want to rush it. The Knicks aren't about to panic and rush changes at this point. We all know a change is inevitable but I believe they want to let their young players develop at their pace. This isn't just about this season only.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/29/2015  11:33 PM
mreinman wrote:

who is gonna bring up the ball and break the press to get into the triangle? The only one who can do that is melo and he has to be willing to facilitate. He has not really been so much more of a willing passer than before. Eye test candy for fans that are desperate to see improvement.

Well he has the same ast% as last year on less usg so it's not exactly eye candy.

mreinman

11/29/2015  11:35 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Well he has the same ast% as last year on less usg so it's not exactly eye candy.

not exactly but getting less and less candy of late.

Knicks1969

11/29/2015  11:38 PM
I would love for Carmelo to be more of a ball handler in this system, but he is TO prone. He is not the ball handler Lebron is. The one dude who could truly star in the triangle is Paul George
mreinman

11/29/2015  11:39 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:I would love for Carmelo to be more of a ball handler in this system, but he is TO prone. He is not the ball handler Lebron is. The one dude who could truly star in the triangle is Paul George

then I say that we trade Jose for PG.

Knicks1969

11/29/2015  11:43 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:I would love for Carmelo to be more of a ball handler in this system, but he is TO prone. He is not the ball handler Lebron is. The one dude who could truly star in the triangle is Paul George

then I say that we trade Jose for PG.

Abahahahahaha

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
11/29/2015  11:44 PM
nixluva wrote:Another way to look at things is that the rest of the Knicks players should play like this all the time, regardless of MELO playing or not. Nothing is stopping them from playing this way but themselves. It's a mental thing. They see MELO and think they have to force things to get MELO the ball all the time rather than just play!!!

Also MELO needs to look to play more in the flow rather than mostly looking to post up. There's no reason MELO can't catch and shoot off curl plays etc. It would keep the Ball n Player movement going and the pace would be faster. Fisher needs to address this.

Melo has to be willing to play the part also. If Melo is doing his thing and the others are trying another basically your playing 4 on 5. We all know the Melo doesn't fit this team, he a good player but this team needs a slasher and Melo no longer is a slasher and player that moves without the ball. I said this before but Watching Melo play is like watching a woman in labor. He has to work much to hard to get his points nothing comes easy there is no flow. The simplicity in score is just not there.

crzymdups
USA
11/29/2015  11:45 PM

Knicks have been one of the best teams in the league in terms of turnovers every single year since Carmelo got here.

He's not a great ball handler and not really ever going to be a point forward, but calling him turnover prone is not accurate.

It's so weird that people always want Melo to be something he's not and then hold him to that standard. Melo is not going to be Lebron. Most players in the history of basketball are not going to be Lebron.

¿ △ ?
mreinman

11/29/2015  11:47 PM
crzymdups wrote:

Knicks have been one of the best teams in the league in terms of turnovers every single year since Carmelo got here.

He's not a great ball handler and not really ever going to be a point forward, but calling him turnover prone is not accurate.

It's so weird that people always want Melo to be something he's not and then hold him to that standard. Melo is not going to be Lebron. Most players in the history of basketball are not going to be Lebron.

I will be happy with paul pierce or james harden.

crzymdups
USA
11/29/2015  11:54 PM
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

So you don't want Melo to be something he's not, you just want him to be something he's not? Gotcha.

¿ △ ?
mreinman

11/29/2015  11:56 PM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

So you don't want Melo to be something he's not, you just want him to be something he's not? Gotcha.

I want him to be what he can be. A better passer that take fewer contested low efficient shots. Why is he not that?

clyderules
Member: #6156

11/30/2015  1:27 AM
The most encouraging thing for me out of this game besides KP again was the play of Grant. He's looked better the last two games and hit some outside shots with no hesitation. Of course Fisher rewarded him by sitting him back on the bench for crunch time even though Jose faded badly due to obvious fatigue. If we can get a decent all around PG out of Grant by the end of this season it will be a wildly successful one.
Good game for us

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy