Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/29/2015  11:05 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Beverley was a difference maker for them. Nothing on offense, but he is pretty tenacious on D.

Very lucky bounce off the rim on that Thornton 3 near the end of regulation time, and there was that one shot that Ariza took which went in and was pure luck.

Not much you can do, sometimes.

They continue to miss KP when we are coming down the court. Pretty sure he was in the lane with nobody within 6 feet of him twice and nobody seemed to see him.

He actually tries to get early position at times, and our ball handlers don't seem to understand the benefit of dumping it in when he has some space.

I agree about Beverly. He really sets the tone when he is on the floor. Also, are there two less like able stars than Harden/Howard.

yeah ... melo and tyson.

Sorry but Harden n Howard are at the very top of the list. Not even close.

who cares ... I can def see why howard would be hated because he sucks and why harden would be hated because he is so much better than what we have and he is also acting like a bit of a prick.

Harden is very hateable. He is also a top 5 player in the league. I remember the year that Houston lost in the playoffs a couple of years ago. Knicks fans were so damn excited and ready to pounce on him. Then last year he comes back and is practically a co-mvp and leads a sh1tty team all the way to a tough series against one of the best TEAMS that has played in a really long time.

Hate away. Just don't be blind by it. I may be starting to hate him too with the kardashian crap and getting coach fired.

I think, 'just don't be blind by ate', is great advice to follow when evaluating players
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/29/2015  11:05 PM
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:Melo sits and our defense looks like sh1t!

We shot 58% though.

yeah ... tough call. Bring him back and we hold other teams to fewer points or keep in on the bench and get great ball movement.

Ball movement look similar. Probably more Iso than normal. It just looks different when Afflalo goes 13-19 or so and Seraphin has a good shooting game.

yeah ... was (mostly) kidding. Our stupid offense from the 1800's looked as awful as usual. We just hit a bunch of terribly inefficient shots.

right, Afflalo's lucky 13-19fg for 31 steampunk points as opposed to Harden's super efficient 10-28fg for 26 future points.

LMAO again!

I am not defending hardens terrible shooting tonight. I don't do that. Terrible is terrible. He did other things to help his team at least.

if afflalo can end the season in the vicinity of hardens efficiency then we may get to the playoffs.

Maybe if the refs start letting Afflalo travel at will and allowing other Knicks to start throwing opposing players around on moving screens so Afflalo can get future assists. Then we've got a shot.

¿ △ ?
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

11/29/2015  11:06 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Beverley was a difference maker for them. Nothing on offense, but he is pretty tenacious on D.

Very lucky bounce off the rim on that Thornton 3 near the end of regulation time, and there was that one shot that Ariza took which went in and was pure luck.

Not much you can do, sometimes.

They continue to miss KP when we are coming down the court. Pretty sure he was in the lane with nobody within 6 feet of him twice and nobody seemed to see him.

He actually tries to get early position at times, and our ball handlers don't seem to understand the benefit of dumping it in when he has some space.

I agree about Beverly. He really sets the tone when he is on the floor. Also, are there two less like able stars than Harden/Howard.

yeah ... melo and tyson.

Sorry but Harden n Howard are at the very top of the list. Not even close.

who cares ... I can def see why howard would be hated because he sucks and why harden would be hated because he is so much better than what we have and he is also acting like a bit of a prick.

Harden is very hateable. He is also a top 5 player in the league. I remember the year that Houston lost in the playoffs a couple of years ago. Knicks fans were so damn excited and ready to pounce on him. Then last year he comes back and is practically a co-mvp and leads a sh1tty team all the way to a tough series against one of the best TEAMS that has played in a really long time.

Hate away. Just don't be blind by it. I may be starting to hate him too with the kardashian crap and getting coach fired.

I think, 'just don't be blind by ate', is great advice to follow when evaluating players

it is. You can hate a guy and still see their true value. If you have a hard time with it then stats can be helpful too.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/29/2015  11:06 PM
If they don't get bailed out by Thornton hitting a bunch of shots this is a Knick win. It was one of those games where you get killed by a guy that normally doesn't do ish. Knicks got beat off a few tough scramble plays where Thornton was left open.

I'm actually encouraged by how the bench played. If Phil can add just a little more help and these young guys can step it up this team should be in good shape.

mreinman

11/29/2015  11:07 PM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:Melo sits and our defense looks like sh1t!

We shot 58% though.

yeah ... tough call. Bring him back and we hold other teams to fewer points or keep in on the bench and get great ball movement.

Ball movement look similar. Probably more Iso than normal. It just looks different when Afflalo goes 13-19 or so and Seraphin has a good shooting game.

yeah ... was (mostly) kidding. Our stupid offense from the 1800's looked as awful as usual. We just hit a bunch of terribly inefficient shots.

right, Afflalo's lucky 13-19fg for 31 steampunk points as opposed to Harden's super efficient 10-28fg for 26 future points.

LMAO again!

I am not defending hardens terrible shooting tonight. I don't do that. Terrible is terrible. He did other things to help his team at least.

if afflalo can end the season in the vicinity of hardens efficiency then we may get to the playoffs.

Maybe if the refs start letting Afflalo travel at will and allowing other Knicks to start throwing opposing players around on moving screens so Afflalo can get future assists. Then we've got a shot.

maybe afflalo can learn from the best

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/29/2015  11:09 PM
One thing that Been said that I thought was interesting was that the coaching staff loves how hard Seraphin has been working to improve on d. It might be why he is getting a lot more minutes than KOQ.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
mreinman

11/29/2015  11:09 PM
nixluva wrote:If they don't get bailed out by Thornton hitting a bunch of shots this is a Knick win. It was one of those games where you get killed by a guy that normally doesn't do ish. Knicks got beat off a few tough scramble plays where Thornton was left open.

I'm actually encouraged by how the bench played. If Phil can add just a little more help and these young guys can step it up this team should be in good shape.

and harden is not going to shoot 10-28 and 0-7 from three and shoot 6-10 from the FT line every night. They could have actually been blown out badly tonight.

Our offense is just terrible and not gonna win that many games.

mreinman

11/29/2015  11:11 PM
CrushAlot wrote:One thing that Been said that I thought was interesting was that the coaching staff loves how hard Seraphin has been working to improve on d. It might be why he is getting a lot more minutes than KOQ.

true. His offense looked lucky and butt ugly but his defense was quite impressive. KOQ sucks and besides having a beard has no valuable qualities.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/29/2015  11:28 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:One thing that Been said that I thought was interesting was that the coaching staff loves how hard Seraphin has been working to improve on d. It might be why he is getting a lot more minutes than KOQ.

true. His offense looked lucky and butt ugly but his defense was quite impressive. KOQ sucks and besides having a beard has no valuable qualities.

I am not sure I trust this staff eyes. Like Bargs or old Snare they'll have a good game every once in a while. Funny that a 5 to game is considered good.

mreinman

11/29/2015  11:31 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I am not sure I trust this staff eyes. Like Bargs or old Snare they'll have a good game every once in a while. Funny that a 5 to game is considered good.

is it the staff or fisher? very strange stuff out there. I wish that we can ditch this stupid triangle and just be a regular team running a currently modern offense with a regular non triangular coach.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/29/2015  11:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2015  11:36 PM
Seraphin at times looked fantastic tonight. At times tried to do way too much and turned the ball over. Bringing the ball up on the fast break is something he should NEVER do. And he needs to get better at identifying when to pass out of the post when a double or triple team is coming. But he showed some very promising things tonight. 14pts 7rebs 4blks 4ast (for a guy we all thought did not pass much, had a beautiful alley oop to KP at one point)... 5tos is terrible, but I was impressed by Seraphin tonight more than I was upset at some sloppy play.
¿ △ ?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/30/2015  12:40 AM
mreinman wrote:

Might seem "lucky" because we have not seen a lot of him. Those high arch midrange jumpers were frequently nothing but net shots...that type of shot is not lucky.

We also know that he has a pretty good hook shot when he is in his groove.

Just don't see luck here...more of a confidence thing and shot selection.

Seraphin also made some nice passes.

Still had mental lapses, and 5 turnovers, but he has a fearlessness that is appealing.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
mreinman

11/30/2015  12:43 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Might seem "lucky" because we have not seen a lot of him. Those high arch midrange jumpers were frequently nothing but net shots...that type of shot is not lucky.

We also know that he has a pretty good hook shot when he is in his groove.

Just don't see luck here...more of a confidence thing and shot selection.

Seraphin also made some nice passes.

Still had mental lapses, and 5 turnovers, but he has a fearlessness that is appealing.

I guess that if he hits them consistently this season I will no longer be able to say that they were lucky. Now, many of the shots he takes that are going in seem like shots that wont go in on a consistent basis

clyderules
Member: #6156

11/30/2015  1:34 AM
Would like to see Seraphin turn into a Diaw. He has great tools as a basketball player.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/30/2015  8:06 AM
clyderules wrote:Have you ever seen Fish draw up a play that looked good?

It seems like it takes him forever to think of something. The other team is on the court and he is still drawing his dots and arrows.

Grant should be on the court more. He gets easy baskets and defends well.

THe screen was a foul.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/30/2015  8:10 AM
Oh and Howard is such a punk. He is an absolutely horrible basketball player. The only plays he makes are because he is built like a monster.
WaltLongmire

11/30/2015  8:19 AM
clyderules wrote:Would like to see Seraphin turn into a Diaw. He has great tools as a basketball player.

He has a long way to go in terms of consistency. A very frustrating player to root for, and I expect that Wizard fans experienced the same thing while he was with them.

The skills are there, and he plays with an attitude that is nice to have on your side when it does't go overboard.

Will be interesting to see if he can minimize the bad while expanding on the good things he can do on the court.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

11/30/2015  8:28 AM
NYDiva wrote:Was at the game and I'm just...bummed.

Tough for a fan actually at the game, when you have those high moments that get you pumped up and then have to sit through it all as your team falls apart and finds a way to lose a game that you feel it deserved to win.

ccch
Member: #3876

11/30/2015  11:14 AM
Derek has to get his Stuff togeather...his substitutions are giving games away and making the ones we win really hard.

Everybody will have their own personal idea on who they would play, when, and how much, but the stuff going on seems kind of amateur. i.e. 11 guys played and BTW, Early played when he hasn't played in a long time.

It reminds me of the good old days back in High School. We had a pretty good team but always found a way to lose because of our coach. The sound bites going on back then were " if we could handcuff the coach to the back of the bus and let the kids go play on their own, they'd win more games."

Starting to get some flashback with Derek. I hope he learns fast...unfortunately great players don't always make good coaches.

Knicks Vs. The Beard and The Rockets Gamethread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy