Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

11/29/2015  10:40 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
anrst wrote:Good thing Fischer sat grant when it mattered

Grant is going to be playing a lot more if his shot is falling. Looks much more confident on offense the past 2 games.

Calderon's issue is usually D...if he is not shooting well or protecting the ball he probably has no place on the court, unfortunately.

38 minutes for him- a bit of a stretch at this point in his career.

Those 11+ minutes sure makes me think that Fisher is going to give him minutes.

Hopefully there will be a gradual changing of the guard (no pun intended). Grant will get his time if he deserves it.

Did seem to me that he should have played more minutes tonight.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/29/2015  10:40 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
JesseDark wrote:Real head scratcher this loss, up 14 i the 4th.

Why are you all surprised???? This is typical a fisher coach team has looked since this dude has been our coach.

It's not Fisher! It's the lack of a lead guard that can break down a D and create for others. Late in games teams will increase ball pressure and that's when team's best ball handlers and creators are most important. Teams expose our weakness at guard late in games. It's that simple.

WaltLongmire

11/29/2015  10:44 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Beverley was a difference maker for them. Nothing on offense, but he is pretty tenacious on D.

Very lucky bounce off the rim on that Thornton 3 near the end of regulation time, and there was that one shot that Ariza took which went in and was pure luck.

Not much you can do, sometimes.

They continue to miss KP when we are coming down the court. Pretty sure he was in the lane with nobody within 6 feet of him twice and nobody seemed to see him.

He actually tries to get early position at times, and our ball handlers don't seem to understand the benefit of dumping it in when he has some space.

I agree about Beverly. He really sets the tone when he is on the floor. Also, are there two less like able stars than Harden/Howard.

Not a fan of either guy.

They have their moments, though.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
skoonix
Member: #5909

What an ugly loss. To have shot the ball so well and to see so many different players rise to he occasion, only to lose is maddening! I personally feel that Derek Fisher is not ready to head coach and should have learned as an assistant for a few years. He just seems in over his head.
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
Anyone care to explain why KP never shot the ball from the 4 min mark all the way through OT?
WaltLongmire

11/29/2015  10:45 PM
nixluva wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
JesseDark wrote:Real head scratcher this loss, up 14 i the 4th.

Why are you all surprised???? This is typical a fisher coach team has looked since this dude has been our coach.

It's not Fisher! It's the lack of a lead guard that can break down a D and create for others. Late in games teams will increase ball pressure and that's when team's best ball handlers and creators are most important. Teams expose our weakness at guard late in games. It's that simple.

A thing Grant will help change, at some point this season.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
WaltLongmire wrote:Beverley was a difference maker for them. Nothing on offense, but he is pretty tenacious on D.

Very lucky bounce off the rim on that Thornton 3 near the end of regulation time, and there was that one shot that Ariza took which went in and was pure luck.

They continue to miss KP when we are coming down the court. Pretty sure he was in the lane with nobody within 6 feet of him twice and nobody seemed to see him.

He actually tries to get early position at times, and our ball handlers don't seem to understand the benefit of dumping it in when he has some space.

Yeah - saw them miss KP a bunch of times. Sigh.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
USA
WaltLongmire wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Grant is going to be playing a lot more if his shot is falling. Looks much more confident on offense the past 2 games.

Calderon's issue is usually D...if he is not shooting well or protecting the ball he probably has no place on the court, unfortunately.

Hopefully there will be a gradual changing of the guard (no pun intended). Grant will get his time if he deserves it.

Jerian is getting better. I don't think they feel he's quite ready yet to take on more of a lead role. Jose may not be optimal but we can't just force it with Jerian. I hope he can continue to make progress as he has started to show. We really need him to develop into our lead guard.

crzymdups
USA
11/29/2015  10:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2015  10:49 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Grant was 3-3fg with 7pts 2ast 1to in 11 minutes tonight. Calderon was 2-7fg with 7pts 4ast 5tos in 38min. Galloway was 2-9fg 4pts 3tos in 26min.

I think Grant should've gotten some of Calderon and/or Galloway's minutes down the stretch. He was key to them rebuilding their lead in the late third after Houston cut it down to start the second half. And Calderon and Galloway looked tired and were making bad decisions and backbreaking turnovers.

¿ △ ?
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

11/29/2015  10:50 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:Melo sits and our defense looks like sh1t!

We shot 58% though.

yeah ... tough call. Bring him back and we hold other teams to fewer points or keep in on the bench and get great ball movement.

Ball movement look similar. Probably more Iso than normal. It just looks different when Afflalo goes 13-19 or so and Seraphin has a good shooting game.

yeah ... was (mostly) kidding. Our stupid offense from the 1800's looked as awful as usual. We just hit a bunch of terribly inefficient shots.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
mreinman

11/29/2015  10:51 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I agree about Beverly. He really sets the tone when he is on the floor. Also, are there two less like able stars than Harden/Howard.

yeah ... melo and tyson.

nixluva
USA
11/29/2015  10:51 PM
skoonix wrote:What an ugly loss. To have shot the ball so well and to see so many different players rise to he occasion, only to lose is maddening! I personally feel that Derek Fisher is not ready to head coach and should have learned as an assistant for a few years. He just seems in over his head.

It's not just Fish. It's real easy to point to the coach but he isn't the one turning it over and missing open teammates. At some point the players have to be responsible. When they're on the court it's up to the players to execute and make plays.

No one fears our guards!!! That means teams play very aggressive since they aren't worried about getting beat. That means a lot of our plays get disrupted due to the aggressive D.

mreinman

11/29/2015  10:52 PM
crzymdups wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Grant was 3-3fg with 7pts 2ast 1to in 11 minutes tonight. Calderon was 2-7fg with 7pts 4ast 5tos in 38min. Galloway was 2-9fg 4pts 3tos in 26min.

I think Grant should've gotten some of Calderon and/or Galloway's minutes down the stretch. He was key to them rebuilding their lead in the late third after Houston cut it down to start the second half. And Calderon and Galloway looked tired and were making bad decisions and backbreaking turnovers.

yes. Seems like fisher always make the opposite decision of the correct one these days.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/29/2015  10:53 PM
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:

We shot 58% though.

yeah ... tough call. Bring him back and we hold other teams to fewer points or keep in on the bench and get great ball movement.

Now we are blaming Melo for how the bench/role players performance?

The difference between today and the last three matches is that the bench players finally stepped up. Lets HOPE Seraphin, Thomas and Williams can give us the similar stat lines against Philly.

nixluva
USA
11/29/2015  10:53 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

yeah ... melo and tyson.

Sorry but Harden n Howard are at the very top of the list. Not even close.

crzymdups
USA
11/29/2015  10:54 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:

We shot 58% though.

Ball movement look similar. Probably more Iso than normal. It just looks different when Afflalo goes 13-19 or so and Seraphin has a good shooting game.

yeah ... was (mostly) kidding. Our stupid offense from the 1800's looked as awful as usual. We just hit a bunch of terribly inefficient shots.

right, Afflalo's lucky 13-19fg for 31 steampunk points as opposed to Harden's super efficient 10-28fg for 26 future points.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
USA
11/29/2015  10:54 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:

We shot 58% though.

Now we are blaming Melo for how the bench/role players performance?

The difference between today and the last three matches is that the bench players finally stepped up. Lets HOPE Seraphin, Thomas and Williams can give us the similar stat lines against Philly.

The teams role players were VERY good tonight. If they bring that the rest of the year the Knicks will be in great shape.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/29/2015  10:56 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:

Glad you pointed this out. People see what they want to see when they watch a sporting event...especially when consistently looking for the negative.

mreinman

11/29/2015  10:59 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

yeah ... melo and tyson.

Sorry but Harden n Howard are at the very top of the list. Not even close.

who cares ... I can def see why howard would be hated because he sucks and why harden would be hated because he is so much better than what we have and he is also acting like a bit of a prick.

Harden is very hateable. He is also a top 5 player in the league. I remember the year that Houston lost in the playoffs a couple of years ago. Knicks fans were so damn excited and ready to pounce on him. Then last year he comes back and is practically a co-mvp and leads a sh1tty team all the way to a tough series against one of the best TEAMS that has played in a really long time.

Hate away. Just don't be blind by it. I may be starting to hate him too with the kardashian crap and getting coach fired.

mreinman

11/29/2015  11:01 PM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:

We shot 58% though.

right, Afflalo's lucky 13-19fg for 31 steampunk points as opposed to Harden's super efficient 10-28fg for 26 future points.

LMAO again!

I am not defending hardens terrible shooting tonight. I don't do that. Terrible is terrible. He did other things to help his team at least.

if afflalo can end the season in the vicinity of hardens efficiency then we may get to the playoffs.

Knicks Vs. The Beard and The Rockets Gamethread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy