[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Giving Walton's success, should Phil give him a look????
Author Thread
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

11/29/2015  10:53 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
nixluva wrote:Fish is dealing with A LOT more issues to pull together with a brand new roster and young players mixed in. With an absolute brutal schedule he has this team one game under which is no small feat. It amazes me how the same guys who didn't really think we had playoff talent are now so sure that Fish is what's holding us back. Oh if only we had Luke Walton this would all be so much better. GTFOH!!!

Okay. That's fair. But do you agree that this would be a better Knicks team tomorrow if Steve Kerr were coach (?)

Kerr was able to take over a team with a deep pool of talent that was already a playoff team. He literally had EVERYTHING he needed to win. Great guards! Versatile and athletic forwards and a rim protecting C. It's soooo much easier to coach a team like that. Kerr was smart enough to know what he wanted to do with that kind of talent and he did an excellent job of coming up with just the perfect style of play.

Here in NY Kerr would not be so fortunate and his choices would've been more limited and out of necessity different from what he was able to do with GS. The 2 rosters couldn't be any more different.

yeah ... all that and he is probably also a much better coach which is why Phil wanted him so badly. Fisher was probably a very distant second.

Let's say Kerr is better at this point, which I believe he is! In terms of going from a good coach to an average coach, how many games difference do you think it actually makes? IMO a great coach verses a good coach would likely only add 5-10 games at best. I don't consider Kerr a great coach but rather a good coach. I consider Fish is average at this point in his career. IMO at most Kerr makes only a 3-6 game difference on an entire season based on his coaching skills over Fish.

Dude, you are hilarious. Fisher is not a coach my man. When your resume only shows 26 wins and 84 losses, you are not a coach. The philly coach is a better coach then Fisher; which does not say much

while you may end up being right. Your arguments are just bloody terrible.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
Knicks1969
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5915

11/29/2015  11:02 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
nixluva wrote:Fish is dealing with A LOT more issues to pull together with a brand new roster and young players mixed in. With an absolute brutal schedule he has this team one game under which is no small feat. It amazes me how the same guys who didn't really think we had playoff talent are now so sure that Fish is what's holding us back. Oh if only we had Luke Walton this would all be so much better. GTFOH!!!

Okay. That's fair. But do you agree that this would be a better Knicks team tomorrow if Steve Kerr were coach (?)

Kerr was able to take over a team with a deep pool of talent that was already a playoff team. He literally had EVERYTHING he needed to win. Great guards! Versatile and athletic forwards and a rim protecting C. It's soooo much easier to coach a team like that. Kerr was smart enough to know what he wanted to do with that kind of talent and he did an excellent job of coming up with just the perfect style of play.

Here in NY Kerr would not be so fortunate and his choices would've been more limited and out of necessity different from what he was able to do with GS. The 2 rosters couldn't be any more different.

yeah ... all that and he is probably also a much better coach which is why Phil wanted him so badly. Fisher was probably a very distant second.

Let's say Kerr is better at this point, which I believe he is! In terms of going from a good coach to an average coach, how many games difference do you think it actually makes? IMO a great coach verses a good coach would likely only add 5-10 games at best. I don't consider Kerr a great coach but rather a good coach. I consider Fish is average at this point in his career. IMO at most Kerr makes only a 3-6 game difference on an entire season based on his coaching skills over Fish.

Dude, you are hilarious. Fisher is not a coach my man. When your resume only shows 26 wins and 84 losses, you are not a coach. The philly coach is a better coach then Fisher; which does not say much

Fisher lost so many games for the Knicks, it is impossible for me to view this dude as a coach. Your coach is not supposed to put you in position to lose. When that is the case, it is time to sever the relationship

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/29/2015  11:22 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

Fisher lost so many games for the Knicks, it is impossible for me to view this dude as a coach. Your coach is not supposed to put you in position to lose. When that is the case, it is time to sever the relationship

mreinman is right. You are not making a basketball argument. This team has personnel issues. It's not just coaching. If you were to break down Fisher's options and really were honest you would see that it's also about the players not doing the right things or just not being good enough. Most of the team issues aren't solved by just magically drawing up some play or lineup.

We need a better option than Jose but Jerian isn't quite ready yet. Tonight we saw some very good things from this team but too many turnovers which is a player thing.

Knicks1969

11/29/2015  11:30 PM
nixluva wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

mreinman is right. You are not making a basketball argument. This team has personnel issues. It's not just coaching. If you were to break down Fisher's options and really were honest you would see that it's also about the players not doing the right things or just not being good enough. Most of the team issues aren't solved by just magically drawing up some play or lineup.

We need a better option than Jose but Jerian isn't quite ready yet. Tonight we saw some very good things from this team but too many turnovers which is a player thing.

Instead of looking for a new face, we are to try our best option for now. Move Calderon to the play the 6th or 7th man of the bench and use him for what he is(a slow footed/savy shooter). He is not a PG, and we must all understand that. The problem is, we don't have a coach intelligent enough to realize that. The dude is so inept, he even finds it within his heart to have Calderon on the floor for a defensive assignment when we all know the dude is horrendous in that department.

nixluva
USA
11/29/2015  11:37 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

Instead of looking for a new face, we are to try our best option for now. Move Calderon to the play the 6th or 7th man of the bench and use him for what he is(a slow footed/savy shooter). He is not a PG, and we must all understand that. The problem is, we don't have a coach intelligent enough to realize that. The dude is so inept, he even finds it within his heart to have Calderon on the floor for a defensive assignment when we all know the dude is horrendous in that department.

You're ignoring that recently our younger guards were not playing well and tho we know eventually they will take over, there's no reason to rush things. Knicks lost tonight mostly due to turnovers and not so much a lack of D from the guard spot. If they take better care of the ball they win this game.

Knicks1969

11/29/2015  11:42 PM
nixluva wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

You're ignoring that recently our younger guards were not playing well and tho we know eventually they will take over, there's no reason to rush things. Knicks lost tonight mostly due to turnovers and not so much a lack of D from the guard spot. If they take better care of the ball they win this game.

Our guards ar struggling mainly because the coach continues to slash their minutes. Players need to know that they will be on the floor for a certain amount of minutes to gain their confidence. Right now, the only dudes who have been getting minutes in a consistent basis are KP and Galloway.

nixluva
USA
11/29/2015  11:58 PM
Fish only cut minutes after our young guards started slumping. In any event as they play better their minutes increase. It really isn't about Fish. This is about players executing better. This isn't something that will necessarily happen right away. Player development is a process and our young players are making progress and will have setbacks but it takes time.
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

11/30/2015  12:01 AM
nixluva wrote:Fish only cut minutes after our young guards started slumping. In any event as they play better their minutes increase. It really isn't about Fish. This is about players executing better. This isn't something that will necessarily happen right away. Player development is a process and our young players are making progress and will have setbacks but it takes time.

our shot selection is not all on fish but he should take a lot of the blame. We are taking very inefficient shots.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Giving Walton's success, should Phil give him a look????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy