[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Giving Walton's success, should Phil give him a look????
Author Thread
Knicks1969
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5915

11/28/2015  6:32 PM
I am not very happy with fisher and you all must know that by now. He is a nice guy, but I simply don't think the dude can coach.

Walton is a pupil of Phil, and I believe this dude has shown that he has what it takes to be a leader of men. If things continue to unrival, should Phil consider acquiring Walton to coach the triangle??? This dude is not a neophyte, because he paid his dues when he was no longer able to play.

The sign of a good coach is a dude that can make ingame decisions and maintain success

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/28/2015  6:36 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:I am not very happy with fisher and you all must know that by now. He is a nice guy, but I simply don't think the dude can coach.

Walton is a pupil of Phil, and I believe this dude has shown that he has what it takes to be a leader of men. If things continue to unrival, should Phil consider acquiring Walton to coach the triangle??? This dude is not a neophyte, because he paid his dues when he was no longer able to play.

The sign of a good coach is a dude that can make ingame decisions and maintain success

He was rumored to be a candidate after the Knicks missed out on Kerr. He also was a guy Phil wanted as an assistant but Kerr beat him to it. At this point I think Luke is with the Warriors for awhile. However, to discount the job he is doing as some in the media do is stupid in my opinion. I also have never thought Alvin Gentry is a good head coach. He seems like a great assistant but he has not had a lot of success as the head guy. It will be interesting to see what happens with Luke. I think he stays on the West Coast if he can. Maybe he replaces Byron Scott.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knicks1969

11/28/2015  6:40 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:I am not very happy with fisher and you all must know that by now. He is a nice guy, but I simply don't think the dude can coach.

He was rumored to be a candidate after the Knicks missed out on Kerr. He also was a guy Phil wanted as an assistant but Kerr beat him to it. At this point I think Luke is with the Warriors for awhile. However, to discount the job he is doing as some in the media do is stupid in my opinion. I also have never thought Alvin Gentry is a good head coach. He seems like a great assistant but he has not had a lot of success as the head guy. It will be interesting to see what happens with Luke. I think he stays on the West Coast if he can. Maybe he replaces Byron Scott.

That would be a great move by the Lakers if you ask me. I pray that Phil gets to him first. That dude is Phil. Check out his background, they both appear to have similar career path. He is doing an Excellent job managing the talents in Kerr's absence and that is to be respected.

Knicks1969

11/29/2015  1:28 PM
The team that hires this dude to coach will be successful for a very long time. The dude has the pedigree, played and coached one of the best in the business. One can't say that he did not pay his dues, because he sat on the bench for a couple of years as an assistant.
CrushAlot
USA
11/29/2015  1:30 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:The team that hires this dude to coach will be successful for a very long time. The dude has the pedigree, played and coached one of the best in the business. One can't say that he did not pay his dues, because he sat on the bench for a couple of years as an assistant.

If Phil wanted Walton after this season I think he would make Fisher an executive.
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

11/29/2015  1:30 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:The team that hires this dude to coach will be successful for a very long time. The dude has the pedigree, played and coached one of the best in the business. One can't say that he did not pay his dues, because he sat on the bench for a couple of years as an assistant.

one year as an assistant?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/29/2015  1:41 PM
GS has wonderful ball movement. All we would need is 6 new great players to implement
RIP Crushalot😞
CrushAlot
USA
11/29/2015  1:44 PM
mreinman wrote:

I thought it was more. Was he an assistant in the d league the year before r was he still playing?
mreinman

11/29/2015  1:48 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I thought it was more. Was he an assistant in the d league the year before r was he still playing?

not sure ... just asking.

You can coach GS and know what it takes to do it right. Then you go and coach Melo and he is just not that type of player that will ever just move the ball the way it should move. Granted he is still a good player but not sure that a guy like Walton can bring what he learned in GS to a team that is lead by a Melo/Kobe type of player.

Knicks1969

11/29/2015  1:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2015  1:49 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

If Phil wanted Walton after this season I think he would make Fisher an executive.

From the time this dude was hired I said he was best suited to be a front office person. I don't know what Phil saw in dude. He never coached before, nor ever showed that he was a floor manager when he played

Knicks1969

11/29/2015  1:54 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:

You can coach GS and know what it takes to do it right. Then you go and coach Melo and he is just not that type of player that will ever just move the ball the way it should move. Granted he is still a good player but not sure that a guy like Walton can bring what he learned in GS to a team that is lead by a Melo/Kobe type of player.

What is it that gave fisher the qualification ??

mreinman

11/29/2015  1:58 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:

not sure that one needs to be an assistant coach first. If he is qualified? Not sure yet.

Knicks1969

11/29/2015  2:27 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:

not sure that one needs to be an assistant coach first. If he is qualified? Not sure yet.

Kidd is and was qualified. He played the game at a very high level, and was always the coach when he was on the floor. Same can be said for Marc Jackson. Ask yourself this question: how many assist does fisher have when he was playing the PG position? Take your answer and compare it to Kidd and Jackson.

Fisher is and may never be qualified to be a coach. He may be a good motivator, but Xs and Os are not his things. Look how long it has taken him to figure out a rotation!

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/29/2015  3:30 PM
This is so F'n tiresome! The Warriors team is at peak performance level. Once a team gets there it doesn't take much from the coach to keep them humming along. To think this is indicative of how Walton would coach a team with much less talent and chemistry is ludicrous!!!

Fish is dealing with A LOT more issues to pull together with a brand new roster and young players mixed in. With an absolute brutal schedule he has this team one game under which is no small feat. It amazes me how the same guys who didn't really think we had playoff talent are now so sure that Fish is what's holding us back. Oh if only we had Luke Walton this would all be so much better. GTFOH!!!

Malcolm
Member: #6131

11/29/2015  5:29 PM
nixluva wrote:Fish is dealing with A LOT more issues to pull together with a brand new roster and young players mixed in. With an absolute brutal schedule he has this team one game under which is no small feat. It amazes me how the same guys who didn't really think we had playoff talent are now so sure that Fish is what's holding us back. Oh if only we had Luke Walton this would all be so much better. GTFOH!!!

Okay. That's fair. But do you agree that this would be a better Knicks team tomorrow if Steve Kerr were coach (?)

nixluva
USA
11/29/2015  5:49 PM
Malcolm wrote:
nixluva wrote:Fish is dealing with A LOT more issues to pull together with a brand new roster and young players mixed in. With an absolute brutal schedule he has this team one game under which is no small feat. It amazes me how the same guys who didn't really think we had playoff talent are now so sure that Fish is what's holding us back. Oh if only we had Luke Walton this would all be so much better. GTFOH!!!

Okay. That's fair. But do you agree that this would be a better Knicks team tomorrow if Steve Kerr were coach (?)

Kerr was able to take over a team with a deep pool of talent that was already a playoff team. He literally had EVERYTHING he needed to win. Great guards! Versatile and athletic forwards and a rim protecting C. It's soooo much easier to coach a team like that. Kerr was smart enough to know what he wanted to do with that kind of talent and he did an excellent job of coming up with just the perfect style of play.

Here in NY Kerr would not be so fortunate and his choices would've been more limited and out of necessity different from what he was able to do with GS. The 2 rosters couldn't be any more different.

mreinman

11/29/2015  6:15 PM
nixluva wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

Kerr was able to take over a team with a deep pool of talent that was already a playoff team. He literally had EVERYTHING he needed to win. Great guards! Versatile and athletic forwards and a rim protecting C. It's soooo much easier to coach a team like that. Kerr was smart enough to know what he wanted to do with that kind of talent and he did an excellent job of coming up with just the perfect style of play.

Here in NY Kerr would not be so fortunate and his choices would've been more limited and out of necessity different from what he was able to do with GS. The 2 rosters couldn't be any more different.

yeah ... all that and he is probably also a much better coach which is why Phil wanted him so badly. Fisher was probably a very distant second.

nixluva
USA
11/29/2015  7:02 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

yeah ... all that and he is probably also a much better coach which is why Phil wanted him so badly. Fisher was probably a very distant second.

Let's say Kerr is better at this point, which I believe he is! In terms of going from a good coach to an average coach, how many games difference do you think it actually makes? IMO a great coach verses a good coach would likely only add 5-10 games at best. I don't consider Kerr a great coach but rather a good coach. I consider Fish is average at this point in his career. IMO at most Kerr makes only a 3-6 game difference on an entire season based on his coaching skills over Fish.

mreinman

11/29/2015  7:20 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

Let's say Kerr is better at this point, which I believe he is! In terms of going from a good coach to an average coach, how many games difference do you think it actually makes? IMO a great coach verses a good coach would likely only add 5-10 games at best. I don't consider Kerr a great coach but rather a good coach. I consider Fish is average at this point in his career. IMO at most Kerr makes only a 3-6 game difference on an entire season based on his coaching skills over Fish.

It depends. 3-6 is fair if you assume that the knicks will not continue this dive.

If kerr would somehow get Melo to play more of a Dray type of game, we could be much better.

Knicks1969

11/29/2015  10:44 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

Dude, you are hilarious. Fisher is not a coach my man. When your resume only shows 26 wins and 84 losses, you are not a coach. The philly coach is a better coach then Fisher; which does not say much

Giving Walton's success, should Phil give him a look????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy