Author Thread
Knicks1969
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5915

11/29/2015  2:17 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
knickscity wrote:Bosh really hasnt played well in either game. This team doesnt defend and the offense is awful. Thats on top of a cast of players featuring some that wouldnt be on better teams.

We don't defend..dude please do your research before you post. The knicks are 9th in opp points, 3rd in opp fg%, and 2nd in defending the 3 ball. Our defense is the number one reason were not in the bottom of the standings.

Here's the TOP 5 reasons the offense has had brutal stretches

1) The coaching staff does a piss poor job at at stressing the importance of running and quicken the pace(especially when your playing from behind() Every time down court they give the defense a chance to set up, double team, and they make their job even easier by taking long mid range or off balance shots.

2) The rotation is something i never ever ever ever ever seen before, players coming in for 3 mins here 2 minutes there, no particular set time of the game. You remember the game where dwill hit back to back treys to give us a 16 point lead, then he got yanked for admundson. I could list a bunch of other head scratching substitutions

3)Are we putting the players in the right position to be successful, does galloway get enough screens, (considering he's one the best 3 point shooters in the league) why isn't calderon playing the 2g knowing he's one of the best spot up shooters in the league, plus he doesnt even penetrate so why is he soly playing pg, dwill is a scorer who plays mostly off instincts, and plays really well in a uptempo pace, affalo rarely ever gets a good screen, he has to create for himself almost every time he touches the ball, unless he's camped out at the base line 3. Grant, the best penetrator on the team, yet the paint is always crowded, because guys look lost in the triangle like they don't know exactly where they should be.

4)Kp, Affalo, Melo, why the hell would you substitute all 3, if wade was out, bosh was in, you don't take out your best scorers at the same time

5) PLAYING ADMUNDSON AND SASHA FOR THE HELL OF IT. THEY DONT BRING SHT TO THE GAME BESIDE A PLAY OR 2

PLEASE TELL ME HOW IS THIS ON THE PLAYERS???????????????????

AMEN......dude you are by far one of the few around here who get it. We have the talents and for once in a very long time we have the opportunity to shock the league, but I don't believe we have the right guy at the helm to guide us. I would feel better if fisher showed that he knows our strength, but that is not the case. If dude can find the temerity to play a lineup of Grant,Galloway, Lance or Lou, KO, and SERAPHIN, that enough proves to me that he has no clue about floor balance.

that is where you guys lose credibility.

Even if you are right about fisher, you are very wrong in how you way overestimate our talent.

Prove us wrong. For once in a very long time we have a well balanced roster. We have shooters: Carmelo, Galloway, KP, Jose, Afflalo. Midrange players: Carmelo, KP, Aflalo. Post players: Carmelo, SERAPHIN, RoLo, even KO. Defenders: Gallo, Grant, KP, Afflalo, RoLo, etc.

A good coach would know that whoever we go with at PG must have the foot speed to stay with opposing players on Defense and must be able to run a fast break. I don't care how good a veteran Jose is, he is much more of a negative when he is on the floor then positive. He put our frontline in foul trouble, because they often have to try to make up for his mistakes. He should be the SG with the second unit and given the green light to shoot at will; this is what all good coaches would see fit.

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
AUTOADVERT
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/29/2015  2:22 PM
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:Some of you guys are more delusional than I thought. The Knicks are average on defense. if we were truly elite at defense our defensive rating would be higher. The Knicks foul, they dont defend, which is why we lead the league in free throws for the opponent. Everyone drives on the guards. Whats better than a three....2 points at the rim + the foul Thats why the defense statistically looks decent, but certainly not elite. We have the worst guards in the entire league, you really think guys like Calderon and Sasha are defending the 3 well? i really cant believe what I read.

knicks are 17th in the league in giving up shots from 0-3 feet. Not terrible. Knicks are allowing their opponents the 8th lowest FG% at 0-3.

Basically, our front line is doing a fabulous job covering up for our guards.

They're fouling, not defending.
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

11/29/2015  2:29 PM
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:Some of you guys are more delusional than I thought. The Knicks are average on defense. if we were truly elite at defense our defensive rating would be higher. The Knicks foul, they dont defend, which is why we lead the league in free throws for the opponent. Everyone drives on the guards. Whats better than a three....2 points at the rim + the foul Thats why the defense statistically looks decent, but certainly not elite. We have the worst guards in the entire league, you really think guys like Calderon and Sasha are defending the 3 well? i really cant believe what I read.

knicks are 17th in the league in giving up shots from 0-3 feet. Not terrible. Knicks are allowing their opponents the 8th lowest FG% at 0-3.

they are but its about how many points they are giving up. They are giving up 97 points per. Thats good.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Knicks1969

11/29/2015  2:32 PM
Our defense is good, and it has nothing to do with Fisher. We have two way players all over the court this year and we have front court players who can block shots. We probably could be better if Calderon was not the starting PG.
mreinman

11/29/2015  2:34 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:Our defense is good, and it has nothing to do with Fisher. We have two way players all over the court this year and we have front court players who can block shots. We probably could be better if Calderon was not the starting PG.

of course it has to do with fisher!

You are so lopsided in your logic. We all can see issues with Fisher but your arguments are terrible!

knickscity
USA
11/29/2015  2:34 PM
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:

they are but its about how many points they are giving up. They are giving up 97 points per. Thats good.

Thats due to pace. 97 points at a snails pace is not good. Knicks are currently 1-5 in games 10 points or more. part of a bad offense is your defense. We dont get easy scores whether fast breaks or free throws. I see folks complaining about the fast breaks, but how do you start a break usually by steals or forcing turnover. The Knicks are near the bottom in both.
Knicks1969

11/29/2015  2:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2015  3:05 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:Our defense is good, and it has nothing to do with Fisher. We have two way players all over the court this year and we have front court players who can block shots. We probably could be better if Calderon was not the starting PG.

You are so lopsided in your logic. We all can see issues with Fisher but your arguments are terrible!

Dude please. If it has something to do with fisher, why were we so terrible last season defensively? The sign of a good coach is one that can maximize the potentials of marginal players. We are better defensively, because of RoLo, KP, Afflalo, KO, Grant, Gallo, and Lance; not because of Fisher.

We are also better because Phil challenged Carmelo to be a better all around player

mreinman

11/29/2015  2:57 PM
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Thats due to pace. 97 points at a snails pace is not good. Knicks are currently 1-5 in games 10 points or more. part of a bad offense is your defense. We dont get easy scores whether fast breaks or free throws. I see folks complaining about the fast breaks, but how do you start a break usually by steals or forcing turnover. The Knicks are near the bottom in both.

thats true. Their pace is really awful. Old school awful

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/29/2015  3:41 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Dude please. If it has something to do with fisher, why were we so terrible last season defensively? The sign of a good coach is one that can maximize the potentials of marginal players. We are better defensively, because of RoLo, KP, Afflalo, KO, Grant, Gallo, and Lance; not because of Fisher.

We are also better because Phil challenged Carmelo to be a better all around player

Of course having defensive talent makes the most difference but you're showing ignorance if you don't recognize what the coaching has to do with it as well. The players don't come up with the defensive schemes and assignments. There's more to it than just rolling the ball out and the players just figuring it out on D!

knickscity
USA
11/29/2015  4:08 PM
As hard as I am on the team, their defense certainly is better than last year. It's average imo. up from awful. the talent isnt average though, ot's still subpar.
Knicks1969

11/29/2015  4:09 PM
nixluva wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Of course having defensive talent makes the most difference but you're showing ignorance if you don't recognize what the coaching has to do with it as well. The players don't come up with the defensive schemes and assignments. There's more to it than just rolling the ball out and the players just figuring it out on D!

What scheme are you referring to? Please advise. I see nothing different than what we had last season. We still give up a lot of threes from the perimeter; specifically early on, but it improved when Afflalo got healthy. Our front court is no longer consist of dumb defenders in Amare and others, so we are Seeing the improvement

knickscity
USA
11/29/2015  4:12 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

What scheme are you referring to? Please advise. I see nothing different than what we had last season. We still give up a lot of threes from the perimeter; specifically early on, but it improved when Afflalo got healthy. Our front court is no longer consist of dumb defenders in Amare and others, so we are Seeing the improvement

The front court stays in foul trouble, that isnt defense...it's fouling...lol. The guards arent defending well either but they do try. teams are shooting less threes because they can get to the rim at will. Why stop at the three point line when there is a red carpet to the rim? they know they'll either score or head to the line, usually both.
mreinman

11/29/2015  4:17 PM
knickscity wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

The front court stays in foul trouble, that isnt defense...it's fouling...lol. The guards arent defending well either but they do try. teams are shooting less threes because they can get to the rim at will. Why stop at the three point line when there is a red carpet to the rim? they know they'll either score or head to the line, usually both.

They don't get to the rim at will, we have a good interior defense. Rolo and Kp defend the rim really really well.

knicks1248
Member: #582
11/29/2015  4:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2015  4:31 PM
knickscity wrote:As hard as I am on the team, their defense certainly is better than last year. It's average imo. up from awful. the talent isnt average though, ot's still subpar.

Dude were in the tot 10 in every defensive category, were are a very good defensive team .

HERE's the stupid **** that tells me fisher is a jack ass (sometimes), in our wins we primarily play 10 guys, with the 11th seeing a few min. in all of our loses we play the entire bench.

So let me see, im going to play the entire bench knowing we haven't won a game doing it, and then blame it on we're not talented enough..BULL SHT.

Then when a reporter ask fisher, why dwill received a DNP, he answers "it wasn't he's time to play" dumb fck, your team didn't even score 80 points, and he's on of your better scorers. Ohhh your concerned about his defense, you held your opponent tp 42% shooting, do you really think defense was a problem...

ES
nixluva
USA
11/29/2015  4:31 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

The Knicks defensive scheme has been better than people think. It's of course greatly impacted by having RoLo and KP. The perimeter D has been great as well. Despite what people think. The team D is actually very good.

2015-16 REGULAR SEASON PLAYER 3 POINTERS
Team GP G FREQ DFGM DFGA DFG% FG% Diff%
Golden State Warriors 17 17 24.0% 6.4 21.1 30.1 34.4 -4.4
New York Knicks 17 17 26.0% 6.4 21.4 30.0 34.0 -4.0
Miami Heat 15 15 26.3% 7.0 22.3 31.3 34.5 -3.1
Chicago Bulls 14 14 25.5% 7.7 23.2 33.2 35.8 -2.6
Minnesota Timberwolves 15 15 30.7% 8.2 26.1 31.5 34.1 -2.6

2015-16 REGULAR SEASON PLAYER OVERALL
Chicago Bulls 14 14 100.0% 37.4 91.0 41.1 44.7 -3.7
Miami Heat 15 15 100.0% 34.3 84.9 40.3 43.6 -3.3
New York Knicks 17 17 100.0% 34.5 82.2 42.0 44.6 -2.6
Golden State Warriors 17 17 100.0% 37.1 87.9 42.1 44.4 -2.3
San Antonio Spurs 17 17 100.0% 35.1 83.0 42.2 43.8 -1.6

This team's problems are almost all on the offensive end.

mreinman

11/29/2015  4:36 PM
nixluva wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

The Knicks defensive scheme has been better than people think. It's of course greatly impacted by having RoLo and KP. The perimeter D has been great as well. Despite what people think. The team D is actually very good.

2015-16 REGULAR SEASON PLAYER 3 POINTERS
Golden State Warriors 17 17 24.0% 6.4 21.1 30.1 34.4 -4.4
New York Knicks 17 17 26.0% 6.4 21.4 30.0 34.0 -4.0
Miami Heat 15 15 26.3% 7.0 22.3 31.3 34.5 -3.1
Chicago Bulls 14 14 25.5% 7.7 23.2 33.2 35.8 -2.6
Minnesota Timberwolves 15 15 30.7% 8.2 26.1 31.5 34.1 -2.6

2015-16 REGULAR SEASON PLAYER OVERALL
Chicago Bulls 14 14 100.0% 37.4 91.0 41.1 44.7 -3.7
Miami Heat 15 15 100.0% 34.3 84.9 40.3 43.6 -3.3
New York Knicks 17 17 100.0% 34.5 82.2 42.0 44.6 -2.6
Golden State Warriors 17 17 100.0% 37.1 87.9 42.1 44.4 -2.3
San Antonio Spurs 17 17 100.0% 35.1 83.0 42.2 43.8 -1.6

This team's problems are almost all on the offensive end.

I agree. The main problem is that our guards can't break down defenses.

knickscity
USA
11/29/2015  4:41 PM
Pace, people. Pace. 96-97 is a ton of points to give up being the slowest team in the league, with a supposed defense leading all categories. The team is middle of the pack defensively at best. We give up alot of open threes, shots in general, teams have been missing. The Pace affects the offense and skews the defensive numbers.
nixluva
USA
11/29/2015  4:51 PM
knickscity wrote:Pace, people. Pace. 96-97 is a ton of points to give up being the slowest team in the league, with a supposed defense leading all categories. The team is middle of the pack defensively at best. We give up alot of open threes, shots in general, teams have been missing. The Pace affects the offense and skews the defensive numbers.

Don't know what you're saying here. Knicks have a good defense. The issues are mostly about offense. We simply MUST get more from G&G, Afflalo and DWill. When these players are aggressive and creating scoring opps for themselves and others this team is much better. These are the players that help push the pace and create easy baskets. When they slump it's a huge problem.

knickscity
USA
11/29/2015  6:01 PM
nixluva wrote:
knickscity wrote:Pace, people. Pace. 96-97 is a ton of points to give up being the slowest team in the league, with a supposed defense leading all categories. The team is middle of the pack defensively at best. We give up alot of open threes, shots in general, teams have been missing. The Pace affects the offense and skews the defensive numbers.

Don't know what you're saying here. Knicks have a good defense. The issues are mostly about offense. We simply MUST get more from G&G, Afflalo and DWill. When these players are aggressive and creating scoring opps for themselves and others this team is much better. These are the players that help push the pace and create easy baskets. When they slump it's a huge problem.

All of our guys need to score better, thats a given. The offense is weak, very weak. but this notion that the Knicks playing great defense is a myth. They are playing decent defense, roughly middle of the pack. The team won 4 in row without Grant providing anything much on offense and Williams was barely in the lineup.
clyderules
Member: #6156

11/29/2015  6:24 PM
nixluva wrote:

He's saying that because we use 20 or more seconds of the clock on almost every offensive possession that our opponents get less scoring opportunities and therefore their point totals will be limited by this fact regardless of how well we play defense.

30 win team tops

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy