Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/28/2015  12:06 AM
nixluva wrote:
Panos wrote:
nixluva wrote:This is year one of our rebuild so I see no reason to panic or despair over this team losing to better teams!!! Our schedule has been BRUTAL!! Just look at the team's we've played and it's chock full of playoff teams. Gotta expect this team isn't going to function perfectly.

Hopefully they win the games they should win and in the end they have a good year. 8-9 isn't horrible given our schedule IMO.

Every year is year one of the rebuild since 2001.

You really gonna post some dumb ish like this given the Knicks just changed most of their roster and drafted 2 first round players? If this is all you're gonna add you should just stay silent!

Nixluva, your optimism can be contagious but this time you are wrong. This team is built to win games you can't say this is a rebuilding team a rebuilding team is tWolves the Sixers, the Pelicans. The Knicks may have a few young players but that doesn't constitute rebuilding. Having a coach who is in the second year of coaching with no prior experience is not rebuilding that is just not smart he is killing this team with his coaching.

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
11/28/2015  12:16 AM
Vmart wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Panos wrote:
nixluva wrote:This is year one of our rebuild so I see no reason to panic or despair over this team losing to better teams!!! Our schedule has been BRUTAL!! Just look at the team's we've played and it's chock full of playoff teams. Gotta expect this team isn't going to function perfectly.

Hopefully they win the games they should win and in the end they have a good year. 8-9 isn't horrible given our schedule IMO.

You really gonna post some dumb ish like this given the Knicks just changed most of their roster and drafted 2 first round players? If this is all you're gonna add you should just stay silent!

Nixluva, your optimism can be contagious but this time you are wrong. This team is built to win games you can't say this is a rebuilding team a rebuilding team is tWolves the Sixers, the Pelicans. The Knicks may have a few young players but that doesn't constitute rebuilding. Having a coach who is in the second year of coaching with no prior experience is not rebuilding that is just not smart he is killing this team with his coaching.

Who said this team isn't expected to win games??? The team was rebuilt this summer and it's not an old team. This is a team that has a lot of developing players in the mix. It depends on those players in order to win! You can't just ignore the fact that we need KP, Gallo and Jerian to play well. Not to mention other young role players.

Despite the 3 game losing streak this team has had a pretty good season so far. They would be a playoff team in the West right now. There's a long way to go.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/28/2015  12:28 AM
Vmart wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Panos wrote:

The twolves average team age is older than the Knicks. The Knicks have brought in 13 new players since the start of the 2014 offseason. They brought in 8 new players this year. If turning over an entire roster and getting a lot younger isn't a rebuild please explain to me what one is.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Vmart
USA
11/28/2015  12:32 AM
nixluva wrote:
Vmart wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Panos wrote:

Who said this team isn't expected to win games??? The team was rebuilt this summer and it's not an old team. This is a team that has a lot of developing players in the mix. It depends on those players in order to win! You can't just ignore the fact that we need KP, Gallo and Jerian to play well. Not to mention other young role players.

Despite the 3 game losing streak this team has had a pretty good season so far. They would be a playoff team in the West right now. There's a long way to go.

Last year Steve Kerr implemented his system over the summer. I get the Knicks don't have a Curry or Thompson. Other than that I have very mild expectation of the Knicks. But you have to be blind not to see the mistakes made by Fisher. You can see also that Melo is aging in dog years the man has absolutely very little separation from defenders nothing easy everything much to hard earned. But that's a discussion for another time.

You can't continue to make excuses for a coach that is bringing his talent level down to his coaching ability.

Vmart
USA
11/28/2015  12:34 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Panos wrote:

The twolves average team age is older than the Knicks. The Knicks have brought in 13 new players since the start of the 2014 offseason. They brought in 8 new players this year. If turning over an entire roster and getting a lot younger isn't a rebuild please explain to me what one is.

Adding Garnett makes them older.

Knicks1969
Member: #5915

11/28/2015  12:38 AM
crzymdups wrote:Relax, guys. The Heat are just a better team than the Knicks.

Better all around. Coaches, players, front office, city, weather

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/28/2015  12:39 AM
Vmart wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Vmart wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Panos wrote:

Last year Steve Kerr implemented his system over the summer. I get the Knicks don't have a Curry or Thompson. Other than that I have very mild expectation of the Knicks. But you have to be blind not to see the mistakes made by Fisher. You can see also that Melo is aging in dog years the man has absolutely very little separation from defenders nothing easy everything much to hard earned. But that's a discussion for another time.

You can't continue to make excuses for a coach that is bringing his talent level down to his coaching ability.

We have Weak guard play right now! If you aren't getting a lot from the guard spots you can't win in this league. It's not just about coaching. Gallo and Jerian are not consistent producers at guard. Afflalo is still getting his game back, if he has another level left, we don't know and that leaves Jose! This is our big weakness right now. Until our guards can play better we won't be able to win games. It's that simple.

I'm sure Phil sees all this and is likely looking at what he can do to improve the situation. We just have to be patient.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/28/2015  12:46 AM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Panos wrote:

Adding Garnett makes them older.

He also makes them better. He still averages 8 and 8. Garnett would be a great addition for the Knicks at this point.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Vmart
USA
11/28/2015  12:55 AM
nixluva wrote:
Vmart wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Vmart wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Panos wrote:

We have Weak guard play right now! If you aren't getting a lot from the guard spots you can't win in this league. It's not just about coaching. Gallo and Jerian are not consistent producers at guard. Afflalo is still getting his game back, if he has another level left, we don't know and that leaves Jose! This is our big weakness right now. Until our guards can play better we won't be able to win games. It's that simple.

I'm sure Phil sees all this and is likely looking at what he can do to improve the situation. We just have to be patient.

Nix, the Guard play is ok but the real problem here is rotation. I do think that Gallo should start and Grant needs to shoot more a lot more if he is eventually going to take over the team. Let's face it the fast breaks happen when those two are in the game. Calderon is more suited to come of the bench and shoot when open. But right now he isn't the problem the true problem occurs when Thomas, KO and Seraphin are in the game with Grant and Gallo. This is when all the disasters start to happen. Fisher has to learn to have two scorers in at all times. He needs to mix and match.

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
11/28/2015  1:00 AM
they'll win 29 games at a minimum, most likely 34-35 games, and reach 41 wins if all goes well.

there are a number of factors to this but the goal is learning how to play as a unit.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/28/2015  1:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/28/2015  1:13 AM
The same adage that applied to the Knicks only a few games ago also applies now.

You're never as bad as you think you are when things are going poorly, or as good as you think you are when things are going well.

Melo and Aflalo both need a game off at some point...seems obvious to me that neither of them is at full capacity, and both seem to fade at certain points in games.

The Aflalo hamstring injury is unfortunate and you wonder how long it will take to heal.

Anthony's present recovery process is something I don't feel comfortable delving into because it's a result of previous actions (or inaction) which proved divisive around here when discussed in the past. All I will say is that there are those among us who are totally clueless about the vagaries of the recovery process.

The foul issues really hampered us today, Green played well above his head, and Bosh played better than he did the last game.

Our bench was better this game, which is a positive thing...and we saw some positive things from Grant, Williams, and others, to some degree or another

Galloway continues to go through a physical slump since the Houston game, and this surprises me. Definitely seems to be affecting his shot, and I don't feel he's been as good on his perimeter D as he was early on.

I'm just not ready to accept the possibility of a 30 win season at this point because there are enough areas on the team where I expect to see improvement.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/28/2015  3:01 AM
dk7th wrote:they'll win 29 games at a minimum, most likely 34-35 games, and reach 41 wins if all goes well.

there are a number of factors to this but the goal is learning how to play as a unit.

play as unit...lol, please don't make me laugh, how the hell you suppose to learn how to play as a unit when you throw a different line up out there every game and play guys 4 minutes.

ES
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
11/28/2015  3:21 AM
Miami is a very solid team and a terrible match-up for us.
We can hope they lose Whiteside to us, or someone, in the off season.

I won't use this game as a judge of our offense, but it does need help. Glad the bench at least picked things up.
We need more from Melo if we are to compete against the Miami's. I mean a rookie basically shut him down. A very good rookie, but Melo needs to step things up.
We can't depend on KP. AA and Lopez also need to step things up. No excuses here.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/28/2015  7:12 AM
They were only projected to win around 30. I think the fast start after 14 games threw us fans off. Right now, based on scoring differential, their expected W-L is 7-10, meaning luck and other random factors gave us 1 extra win. Their simple rating (which takes into account schedule difficulty and scoring differential) has them ranked 20th out of 30 teams.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/28/2015  7:14 AM
Vmart wrote:Melo needs to go. He has become an easy guard for opposing teams. Brings very little to the table bad shooting poor ball handling no movement without the ball. I don't hate Melo he is what he is good player but no superstar. Down side of career. Time is now to strike a deal. Dolan has his ticket seller in KP. Phil needs to can Fisher not coaching material first choice was the correct one.

I agree. It's not that he's a bad player but it makes more sense for us to build long-term. If we followed that up with getting someone younger or a decent pick for Afflalo, that would be good.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

11/28/2015  8:45 AM
BRIGGS wrote:We will have to extended losing streaks in between .45 ball. So if we are making decisions this needs to be brought into reality no matter what anyone sees through rose colored glasses

Yeah i think we need to make sure we don't get too excited when we win 3/4 games in a row and realize that we're still a team with a lot to learn and it will take time for us to really start playing as a unit and when we lose 3/4 games in a row it can bring us back down to reality. We'll get better as the season goes on but we'll go through losing streaks like this for at least the first half of the year.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

11/28/2015  8:49 AM
Vmart wrote:

I'm not sure they are better just better coached. How do you start your top guys all on the bench in the 4th quarter.

Better coached?? Hahaha i think Spoelstra is absolutely not a great coach and gets by with great players and that showed last year when he had a stacked team even without Bosh and they were horrible. They're a better team with a star player at every starting position with D-Wade, G.Dragic, C.Bosh, L.Deng, H.Whiteside and a heck of a bench and that's why they're so good.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/28/2015  8:50 AM
Vmart wrote:

I'm not sure they are better just better coached. How do you start your top guys all on the bench in the 4th quarter.

They have wade, bosh, Dragic, and whiteside. They are a much better team. They have a great starting 5 and a solid bench too.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/28/2015  8:50 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Vmart wrote:Melo needs to go. He has become an easy guard for opposing teams. Brings very little to the table bad shooting poor ball handling no movement without the ball. I don't hate Melo he is what he is good player but no superstar. Down side of career. Time is now to strike a deal. Dolan has his ticket seller in KP. Phil needs to can Fisher not coaching material first choice was the correct one.

I agree. It's not that he's a bad player but it makes more sense for us to build long-term. If we followed that up with getting someone younger or a decent pick for Afflalo, that would be good.

Don't think Anthony is going anywhere, and at this point he has little value, anyway, and if you feel we should move him when he's playing better, there is a good chance that when he's playing better the team will be playing better.

Put out some change of pace lineups where KP is at the 5, and Anthony at the 4. If Lance was giving you more efficient minutes you could play him at the 3.

I think KP has shown he can survive at the 5, and maybe even thrive. Does not have to move around as much.

Early's seeming lack of development is a killer for me- if he had taken the next step he would have been a nice fit at 3 in a smaller lineup. Maybe you try Williams at the 3 if he can keep it together defensively. They are both good at cutting to the basket.

Gallo's early decline is still an enigma to me, but you need him clicking for the team to be playing at an optimum level.

Still early in the season and not time to press the panic button, IMO.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/28/2015  8:52 AM

It's not happening. Let it go. And making porzingis the featured guy right now is very bad for his development.

30 win team tops

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy