[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Black Friday against Miami
Author Thread
herkyJerky
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6155
USA
11/27/2015  10:29 PM
Not sure if anyone mentioned this interesting statistic. Miami Heat commits 0 fouls in the 3rd quarter. Amazing. With all the annoying ticky tack fouls called tonight, the Heat manage to commit 0 fouls throughout an entire quarter. Damn they are GOOD!
If it ain't broke, don't break it. - Charles 'The REAL Sir Charles' Oakley.
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/27/2015  10:30 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WP76 wrote:As other posters have said, one our major problems is that Fisher is in his second year of on-the-job training at the expense of won/loss record. It's getting old and made worse by the fact that any improvement in Fisher's coaching skills over time are, so far, marginal at best.
yeah he was too inexperienced. Most coaches start as assistants first...he didnt and he probably should have

It's a moot point! Phil KNEW Fish was raw but he wanted that! He likes his talent and is willing to live with some early struggles. Pat Riley dealt with Sporlstra's early struggles cuz he liked his talent.

it isnt a moot point. I think fish CAN be a good head coach someday but he still looks too green right now.

It's moot because there is no D League we can send Fish too. He's gonna have to learn on the job. Fish is gonna grow at the same time as our players! This is how Phil wanted it and there's no denying that. Phil KNEW Fish was raw and said he wanted to groom him.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/27/2015  10:33 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WP76 wrote:As other posters have said, one our major problems is that Fisher is in his second year of on-the-job training at the expense of won/loss record. It's getting old and made worse by the fact that any improvement in Fisher's coaching skills over time are, so far, marginal at best.
yeah he was too inexperienced. Most coaches start as assistants first...he didnt and he probably should have

It's a moot point! Phil KNEW Fish was raw but he wanted that! He likes his talent and is willing to live with some early struggles. Pat Riley dealt with Sporlstra's early struggles cuz he liked his talent.

it isnt a moot point. I think fish CAN be a good head coach someday but he still looks too green right now.

It's moot because there is no D League we can send Fish too. He's gonna have to learn on the job. Fish is gonna grow at the same time as our players! This is how Phil wanted it and there's no denying that. Phil KNEW Fish was raw and said he wanted to groom him.

you seem to know phil pretty well
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/27/2015  10:39 PM
herkyJerky wrote:Not sure if anyone mentioned this interesting statistic. Miami Heat commits 0 fouls in the 3rd quarter. Amazing. With all the annoying ticky tack fouls called tonight, the Heat manage to commit 0 fouls throughout an entire quarter. Damn they are GOOD!

I don't know if there's been a single game all year where we've gotten the benefit of the calls.

¿ △ ?
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/27/2015  10:41 PM
Phil wanted Kerr to coach the Knicks. Fisher was just an option that Phil had to make.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/27/2015  10:42 PM
crzymdups wrote:
herkyJerky wrote:Not sure if anyone mentioned this interesting statistic. Miami Heat commits 0 fouls in the 3rd quarter. Amazing. With all the annoying ticky tack fouls called tonight, the Heat manage to commit 0 fouls throughout an entire quarter. Damn they are GOOD!

I don't know if there's been a single game all year where we've gotten the benefit of the calls.

I agree. That s ridiculous. Especially for a team that plays d like the heat.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
crzymdups
USA
11/27/2015  10:45 PM
On the bright side, Knicks have games against the Sixers and Nets in the coming week.
¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/27/2015  10:47 PM
crzymdups wrote:On the bright side, Knicks have games against the Sixers and Nets in the coming week.
I have finally gotten a chance to watch the Sixers. They fight and are scrappy. That could be a trap game.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
crzymdups
USA
11/27/2015  10:47 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:On the bright side, Knicks have games against the Sixers and Nets in the coming week.
I have finally gotten a chance to watch the Sixers. They fight and are scrappy. That could be a trap game.

It would be the Knickiest thing of all-time if we give them their first win of the season. Sigh. That'll probably be what happens.

¿ △ ?
StarksEwing1

11/27/2015  11:00 PM
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

It would be the Knickiest thing of all-time if we give them their first win of the season. Sigh. That'll probably be what happens.

i wouldnt be shocked
clyderules
Member: #6156

11/27/2015  11:05 PM
Jerian looked good tonight and that's important for our future. If Jerian and KP turn out as solid or better performers this will be a good season.
StarksEwing1

11/27/2015  11:08 PM
clyderules wrote:Jerian looked good tonight and that's important for our future. If Jerian and KP turn out as solid or better performers this will be a good season.
agreed. Both rookies are my favorites. Obviously kp has bigger upside but grant will be solid
clyderules

11/27/2015  11:28 PM
Grant can be very good. Especially if the shot comes.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/28/2015  2:06 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

We're gonna have to deal with this in addition to players having ups and downs too. It's all part of the process IMO! They will grow together as a team.

Phil will have to help as GM and as a helper to Fish as a coach.

i wish phil could be on the bench. He is far better as a coach obviously

Phil wouldn't coach this roster in 100 years - he knows it's crap.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/28/2015  4:55 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

We're gonna have to deal with this in addition to players having ups and downs too. It's all part of the process IMO! They will grow together as a team.

Phil will have to help as GM and as a helper to Fish as a coach.

i wish phil could be on the bench. He is far better as a coach obviously

Phil wouldn't coach this roster in 100 years - he knows it's crap.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/28/2015  4:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/28/2015  7:40 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I agree. That s ridiculous. Especially for a team that plays d like the heat.

Pretty sure that D Wade conducted a refs only meeting to go over when the Heat was going to make their run and how the refs should call things.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/28/2015  5:09 PM
Hard to believe that Afflalo's been playing 30 mpg for almost three weeks and he still hasn't gotten a steal!
clyderules

11/28/2015  8:43 PM
We need a consistent 3 pt shooter not for AA to be a post up player like Seraphin.
mreinman
Member: #3189

11/28/2015  11:21 PM
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Wow. That sucked. I hate the heat. A split would have been nice.

The Heat are just much better than us right now. They have their eyes on the Cavs this year, we're just a gnat for them to swat away.

They are. Spoelestra is a really good coach. The Heat might be the second best team in the east. Also, they lost LBJ but they ave added a lot of talent.

To be honest, we played the Heat twice and the Cavs twice so far and I've come away far more impressed by the Heat. Wouldn't be shocked to see the Heat knock off the Cavs this year.

it does not work that way. You need to also watch them against other teams. How they have both played us really has not bearing on how they will play head to head.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
mreinman
Member: #3189

11/28/2015  11:22 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:Hard to believe that Afflalo's been playing 30 mpg for almost three weeks and he still hasn't gotten a steal!

how about his assists? How can you be such a bad passer at guard?

his shot which has been good in his career has looked absolutely terrible.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Black Friday against Miami

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy