11/27/2015  10:05 PM
Melo was the turkey tonight.
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
11/27/2015  10:07 PM
dk7th wrote:the knicks were in good shape until afflalo rotated back in the first time with 6 minutes left in the second q. then kp6 got called for a terrible foul on an alleged moving screen with 3:15 left in the 2nd quarter. the knicks slowly imploded from that point forward.

afflalo was the catalyst for the knicks unraveling and then a TERRIBLE call on kp6 by the refs on a moving pick call.

Afflalo has been rough the past few games. Galloway, too.

Several fouls on KP and Lopez seemed bogus.

Heat got a LOT of home-cooking in Miami earlier this week, it is frustrating that we NEVER seem to get home-cooking at MSG. Maybe because the league office is in NYC they want to seem impartial? But we definitely do not get the benefit of the doubt calls at home the way other teams do. Really annoying.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/27/2015  10:07 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Knicks offense continually doesn't get a shot til like 5-6 seconds remain on the shot clock. They take waaaaaay too long to find the shots they want. And frankly it often seems like they settle for a shot they don't want rather than get a shot they do.

I know the Heat's defense is very good, but this is a problem they've had against other teams, too.

Exactly what happens when you have a slow PG like Calderon.

Happens with Grant, too.

This is a coaching thing! Fish has to get them pushing the pace and not going straight into the Post up every time down. There is so much more to the offense and they are too predictable.

Run some drag screens and PnR to loosen up the D and create some lanes to the hoop. Get MELO working off some screens rather than just Post up every damn time!!!

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/27/2015  10:08 PM
Porzingis is our most important guy. He didnt have his best night BUT when he isnt on the court we dont look good at all
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/27/2015  10:08 PM
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Wow. That sucked. I hate the heat. A split would have been nice.

The Heat are just much better than us right now. They have their eyes on the Cavs this year, we're just a gnat for them to swat away.

They are. Spoelestra is a really good coach. The Heat might be the second best team in the east. Also, they lost LBJ but they ave added a lot of talent.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/27/2015  10:10 PM
Fisher has no clue as to when to sub and call time out. I'm screaming at the tv like the guy yelling for Apollo Creed to get out of the corner for a time out. Guy is clueless. How many time is going to let the game out of hand before stopping the bleeding.
StarksEwing1

11/27/2015  10:10 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Wow. That sucked. I hate the heat. A split would have been nice.

The Heat are just much better than us right now. They have their eyes on the Cavs this year, we're just a gnat for them to swat away.

They are. Spoelestra is a really good coach. The Heat might be the second best team in the east. Also, they lost LBJ but they ave added a lot of talent.
plus they have deng who is a good defender and shooter who was out tonight
WP76
Member: #4508

11/27/2015  10:12 PM
As other posters have said, one our major problems is that Fisher is in his second year of on-the-job training at the expense of won/loss record. It's getting old and made worse by the fact that any improvement in Fisher's coaching skills over time are, so far, marginal at best.
nixluva
USA
11/27/2015  10:12 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Knicks have to be clicking on all cylinders to beat the Heat. They were FAR from that the last 2 games with them. They have players who know what to do and a coach that has a firm grip on what he's doing too. Knicks are just getting started so we still need a LOT more of everything.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/27/2015  10:13 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

To be honest, we played the Heat twice and the Cavs twice so far and I've come away far more impressed by the Heat. Wouldn't be shocked to see the Heat knock off the Cavs this year.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
USA
crzymdups wrote:
dk7th wrote:the knicks were in good shape until afflalo rotated back in the first time with 6 minutes left in the second q. then kp6 got called for a terrible foul on an alleged moving screen with 3:15 left in the 2nd quarter. the knicks slowly imploded from that point forward.

afflalo was the catalyst for the knicks unraveling and then a TERRIBLE call on kp6 by the refs on a moving pick call.

Heat got a LOT of home-cooking in Miami earlier this week, it is frustrating that we NEVER seem to get home-cooking at MSG. Maybe because the league office is in NYC they want to seem impartial? But we definitely do not get the benefit of the doubt calls at home the way other teams do. Really annoying.

I agree about the calls. I know I am not objective but I never feel like the Knicks have any kind of home court advantage with officiating. I also think the whistles are swallowed a lot when Melo draws contact. No issue with it if it is the same for everybody but it isn't.
StarksEwing1

WP76 wrote:As other posters have said, one our major problems is that Fisher is in his second year of on-the-job training at the expense of won/loss record. It's getting old and made worse by the fact that any improvement in Fisher's coaching skills over time are, so far, marginal at best.
yeah he was too inexperienced. Most coaches start as assistants first...he didnt and he probably should have
StarksEwing1

11/27/2015  10:15 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I agree about the calls. I know I am not objective but I never feel like the Knicks have any kind of home court advantage with officiating. I also think the whistles are swallowed a lot when Melo draws contact. No issue with it if it is the same for everybody but it isn't.
i think melo needs to do a better job getting calls too. When he fakes he gets defenders off their feet and usually gets those calls
nixluva
USA
11/27/2015  10:15 PM
WP76 wrote:As other posters have said, one our major problems is that Fisher is in his second year of on-the-job training at the expense of won/loss record. It's getting old and made worse by the fact that any improvement in Fisher's coaching skills over time are, so far, marginal at best.

We're gonna have to deal with this in addition to players having ups and downs too. It's all part of the process IMO! They will grow together as a team.

Phil will have to help as GM and as a helper to Fish as a coach.

StarksEwing1

11/27/2015  10:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/27/2015  10:18 PM
nixluva wrote:

We're gonna have to deal with this in addition to players having ups and downs too. It's all part of the process IMO! They will grow together as a team.

i wish phil could be on the bench. He is far better as a coach obviously
nixluva
USA
11/27/2015  10:19 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yeah he was too inexperienced. Most coaches start as assistants first...he didnt and he probably should have

It's a moot point! Phil KNEW Fish was raw but he wanted that! He likes his talent and is willing to live with some early struggles. Pat Riley dealt with Sporlstra's early struggles cuz he liked his talent.

CrushAlot
USA
11/27/2015  10:19 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

i think melo needs to do a better job getting calls too. When he fakes he gets defenders off their feet and usually gets those calls

I disagree. The guy gets mauled out there. But we have discussed this before and know that are opinions on this are different.
StarksEwing1

11/27/2015  10:20 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

It's a moot point! Phil KNEW Fish was raw but he wanted that! He likes his talent and is willing to live with some early struggles. Pat Riley dealt with Sporlstra's early struggles cuz he liked his talent.

it isnt a moot point. I think fish CAN be a good head coach someday but he still looks too green right now.
nixluva
USA
11/27/2015  10:22 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

i wish phil could be on the bench. He is far better as a coach obviously

Phil is letting Fish learn on the job and really it's not a bad move. This team isn't gonna win a title this year no matter who coaches. This is a long term project. Grow a little this year and next! I agree with the concept. Tho it's tough to go thru the growing pains.

StarksEwing1

11/27/2015  10:22 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I disagree. The guy gets mauled out there. But we have discussed this before and know that are opinions on this are different.
i dont disagree with you BUT there are times where melo makes it tougher for himself to get calls.
Black Friday against Miami

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy