Author Thread
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

11/29/2015  12:42 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:I'm not sure that our starting lineup is solid. Lopez imo isnt playing like a starter, certainly doesnt play the minutes due to fouls lately, and even though Calderon has improved some, he isnt either. Even Afflao hasnt gotten adjusted yet. This team is quite lucky to be where it is. I wouldnt shuffle the starters up though, unless Galloway is being plugged in in there as he's the only bench player even resembling something starter worthy. what your seeing is a team playing above themselves and now other teams in the league have caught on.

You'll know what this team is in these next four games. Melo has already called today's game a must win. i wouldnt be surprised if the team dropped at least 2 of them.

Lopez though he has had some eh games has definitely played like a starter. Afflalo is not that good of a player.

I get the feeling that you think that Afflalo is a better / more valuable player than lopez.

Id like to hear Fisher's reasoning for keeping Lopez on the bench in crunch time, most nights. If he was costing them games, if he was a lousy defender, wasnt grabbing off. boards, Id understand. This started pretty early in the season, way too soon for it to be about his play.

Calderon and Sasha stunk on ice for most of this season and they have a longer leash. Fisher is pulling him as soon as he gets 2 fouls, but he sits on the bench in the 4th. If he isnt going to play in crunch time, why worry about fouls? He put him in last game late in the 4th (for a change) when we were down by 20. Makes no sense. Really want to hear the reasoning behind these moves from Fisher. Too cute by half seems to be his philosophy.

The forth quarter has been such a struggle as far as scoring, that I understand it somewhat, but the rest of the rotation is so all-over-the-place that by the 4th quarter the shts becomes comedy. We have had a 16 different line up to close a game.

Lopez is the only one on the team who can actually set a real pick and he is also much much smarter than the bench boneheads so of course, we are much better with him out there both defensively and offensively.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/29/2015  12:49 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:I'm not sure that our starting lineup is solid. Lopez imo isnt playing like a starter, certainly doesnt play the minutes due to fouls lately, and even though Calderon has improved some, he isnt either. Even Afflao hasnt gotten adjusted yet. This team is quite lucky to be where it is. I wouldnt shuffle the starters up though, unless Galloway is being plugged in in there as he's the only bench player even resembling something starter worthy. what your seeing is a team playing above themselves and now other teams in the league have caught on.

You'll know what this team is in these next four games. Melo has already called today's game a must win. i wouldnt be surprised if the team dropped at least 2 of them.

Lopez though he has had some eh games has definitely played like a starter. Afflalo is not that good of a player.

I get the feeling that you think that Afflalo is a better / more valuable player than lopez.

Id like to hear Fisher's reasoning for keeping Lopez on the bench in crunch time, most nights. If he was costing them games, if he was a lousy defender, wasnt grabbing off. boards, Id understand. This started pretty early in the season, way too soon for it to be about his play.

Calderon and Sasha stunk on ice for most of this season and they have a longer leash. Fisher is pulling him as soon as he gets 2 fouls, but he sits on the bench in the 4th. If he isnt going to play in crunch time, why worry about fouls? He put him in last game late in the 4th (for a change) when we were down by 20. Makes no sense. Really want to hear the reasoning behind these moves from Fisher. Too cute by half seems to be his philosophy.

The forth quarter has been such a struggle as far as scoring, that I understand it somewhat, but the rest of the rotation is so all-over-the-place that by the 4th quarter the shts becomes comedy. We have had a 16 different line up to close a game.

Sure Lopez isnt a scorer, but he makes stops, boxes out, gives us second chances. Id rather see Lopez in the paint in crunch time than Seraphin. That front line of Seraphin and Thomas is brutal to watch.

If the alternative to Lopez in crunch time was showing to be the right move, I wouldnt have a problem with it. But I see us losing because we cant make stops, or get enough second chance buckets. The player who was providing it, historically one of the best in the league in those depts, is on the bench when it matters, makes no sense.

How can we get better?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy