Video: Jahlil Okafor Gets Into Fight In Boston and Punches a heckler
Author Thread
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
11/29/2015  8:21 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:for some of the resident huckleberries, a trip down memory lane....

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=50871&page=8

Wow. Can't imagine wanting to say I told you so about something like this. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.

no need to go on the offensive with the insults. you and others were wrong and have an opportunity to admit ignorance in these matters.

instead you have taken the low road, once again. what you have manifested here is shameful and unmanly.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/29/2015  8:26 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Wow. Can't imagine wanting to say I told you so about something like this. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.

no need to go on the offensive with the insults. you and others were wrong and have an opportunity to admit ignorance in these matters.

instead you have taken the low road, once again. what you have manifested here is shameful and unmanly.

Wrong? The book is written for a 19yr old already? Also, pretty sure you watched him play one NCAA game where he struggled and You went after him like you do Melo.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dk7th
USA
11/29/2015  8:57 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Wrong? The book is written for a 19yr old already? Also, pretty sure you watched him play one NCAA game where he struggled and You went after him like you do Melo.

he needs mentoring and adult guidance by an actual grown up. one year with coach k isn't enough.

his father obviously has maturity issues himself-- he was a mess and probably still is-- or the son would not be out of control and spiraling down in the face of adversity like he is.

magazine articles often are fluff pieces that hide the unsavory side of things or spin things in such a way that they are a substitute for redemption and personal transformation.

meanwhile... staying out all hours of the night, partying and getting drunk as an underage, driving 108 on a bridge, getting in street fights while drunk and bragging about having money.

he is a troubled kid, and i attribute it to his being exploited his entire life, by both his father and the conveyor belt. that's the book so far. he needs help and i hope he gets it, or he may end up as a footnote.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/30/2015  8:30 AM
dk7th wrote:can anybody explain why the lakers chose russell over okafor? was guard a position of need, and regardless don't you always draft the bigger player all other things being equal?

or did the lakers have some doubts about okafor's character? he is currently ranked towards the bottom of the league in rpm, along with mudiay, by the way.

the more i think about that draft the weirder the lakers choice becomes.

I heard concern over his fit alongside Randall. I also heard he dogged it in his workouts with them. I think porzingis was their pick if Russell wasn't.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/30/2015  9:13 AM
Knixkik wrote:
dk7th wrote:can anybody explain why the lakers chose russell over okafor? was guard a position of need, and regardless don't you always draft the bigger player all other things being equal?

or did the lakers have some doubts about okafor's character? he is currently ranked towards the bottom of the league in rpm, along with mudiay, by the way.

I heard concern over his fit alongside Randall. I also heard he dogged it in his workouts with them. I think porzingis was their pick if Russell wasn't.

Kupchak was upfront on his concern about OK4's D if I remember correctly...

Also have to believe that the GS model and the rise of Curry had some impact on the Lakers' decision to take Russell...we all know that Los Angeles is a trendy town.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/30/2015  9:23 AM
Looks like we dodged a major bullet with this one. Who knew OK4 was a head case? Makes the KP landing so much sweeter.

I mean we all do dumb shyt when we're 19, but still...have your bodyguard or entourage member deck the guy. Guess that 1 year of Duke education didn't do him any good.

Knixkik
USA
11/30/2015  10:16 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Kupchak was upfront on his concern about OK4's D if I remember correctly...

Also have to believe that the GS model and the rise of Curry had some impact on the Lakers' decision to take Russell...we all know that Los Angeles is a trendy town.

Great point. Russell has been regarded as the closest thing to Curry. He may very well be. I think being in LA is hurting his development but luckily for him Kobe is retiring so that should help.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/30/2015  10:31 AM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

because this has become a guards league. A guy like Lillard is much more important to a team than Aldridge.

by that reasoning the sixers or the knicks should have taken mudiay.

They drafted Julius Randle the yr prior. If they draft Ok4 then they would basically be ruining of of there developments. And they wouldn't have gotten enough value out of trading Randle.

On a side note. Since 2000 or 2001, either the first or 2nd pick in the draft has been a bust in every draft. While its clearly waaaaay to early. Towns looks like a hit and Russell looks like he will keep the streak alive. I still got hope for Russell to turn it around. He seemed like a good dude.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
WaltLongmire

11/30/2015  10:47 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

because this has become a guards league. A guy like Lillard is much more important to a team than Aldridge.

They drafted Julius Randle the yr prior. If they draft Ok4 then they would basically be ruining of of there developments. And they wouldn't have gotten enough value out of trading Randle.

On a side note. Since 2000 or 2001, either the first or 2nd pick in the draft has been a bust in every draft. While its clearly waaaaay to early. Towns looks like a hit and Russell looks like he will keep the streak alive. I still got hope for Russell to turn it around. He seemed like a good dude.

Russell is in a tough situation with the make-up of the Lakers. Kobe will be gone next year, and if Russell shows any late season promise they will have to make some other roster changes...too many guys who like to shoot on that team.

MUCH too early to consider Russell, or anyone else, to be bustworthy, as you yourself noted before making a quick turn and saying that Russell will keep the bust "streak" alive.

Snap judgement is a great radio show...http://snapjudgment.org/, but not the way to go when evaluating NBA players.

Maybe Russell never lives up to the hype, but we have a few years before we know what kind of player he really is.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
mreinman
Member: #3189

11/30/2015  10:49 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

you are very wrong about Russell IMHO. I have watched him play a lot and he is good. Hard to tell on that team now.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Knixkik
USA
11/30/2015  12:13 PM
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

you are very wrong about Russell IMHO. I have watched him play a lot and he is good. Hard to tell on that team now.

No doubt Russell is a very good ball player. LA is hurting him badly. I think he will carve out a nice NBA career, but could end up being considered a bust for the 2nd pick by not becoming a star. It all depends on what you consider a bust for the 2nd pick. Is a better version of Jamal Crawford or a worse version of Manu Ginobili a bust? I think he ends up being a very good starting SG regardless, maybe just not the star that Towns and Porzingis have a chance to be.

mreinman

11/30/2015  12:17 PM
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

No doubt Russell is a very good ball player. LA is hurting him badly. I think he will carve out a nice NBA career, but could end up being considered a bust for the 2nd pick by not becoming a star. It all depends on what you consider a bust for the 2nd pick. Is a better version of Jamal Crawford or a worse version of Manu Ginobili a bust? I think he ends up being a very good starting SG regardless, maybe just not the star that Towns and Porzingis have a chance to be.

turning into a jamal would be a def bust.

I think that he will be a future hybrid guard that will be a smart efficient player that unfortunately play defense like james harden

Knixkik
USA
11/30/2015  12:54 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I think that he will be a future hybrid guard that will be a smart efficient player that unfortunately play defense like james harden

Yes most likely, however its not fair to expect he will be as good as Harden.

mreinman

11/30/2015  1:00 PM
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

his chances of being as good as harden is 1 in 1000

WaltLongmire

11/30/2015  1:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/30/2015  1:43 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Can you share with us little folk the statistical formula you used to come up with these odds?

...Or is this just hyperbole...which a true statistics person would almost never use since it illustrates a lack of certitude in the very thing they cling to and validates them?

mreinman

11/30/2015  1:47 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Can you share with us little folk the statistical formula you used to come up with these odds?

...Or is this just hyperbole...which a true statistics person would almost never use since it illustrates a lack of certitude in the very thing they cling to and validates them?

ok 1 in 600

Knixkik
USA
11/30/2015  3:23 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

And since Manu is also a possible future HoF'er, i think a better version of Jamal Crawford is most accurate. Let's not forget he was a 20 ppg guy in his prime and will gets some assists and rebs too. A better/more complete crawford is a top 10 SG in the league.
mreinman

11/30/2015  3:31 PM
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

And since Manu is also a possible future HoF'er, i think a better version of Jamal Crawford is most accurate. Let's not forget he was a 20 ppg guy in his prime and will gets some assists and rebs too. A better/more complete crawford is a top 10 SG in the league.

Ok ... not for me. Don't care for Jamal at all.

Perhaps Russell can be a cross between Rondo and Nick Buckets? Ich!

Russell is not a chucker he is a facilitator.

dk7th
USA
11/30/2015  3:32 PM
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

a slightly better version of crawford still means a journeyman and a loser.

Knixkik
USA
11/30/2015  4:41 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Ok ... not for me. Don't care for Jamal at all.

Perhaps Russell can be a cross between Rondo and Nick Buckets? Ich!

Russell is not a chucker he is a facilitator.

Maybe more of a Goran Dragic then? Play-maker and fringe all-star on a good year. 17 ppg/5 assist/5 rebound kind of player.
Video: Jahlil Okafor Gets Into Fight In Boston and Punches a heckler

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy