[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Time for an 11 men rotation
Author Thread
Knicks1969
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5915

11/28/2015  12:26 AM
anrst wrote:Hahn is obviously holding back on ripping Fischer on the post game for his lineups... he wants to, cmon alan. you can do it.

Another 12 men outing by fisher. We were right there, once again, fisher got outclassed and Carmelo found the perfect time to stop scoring the ball. Instead of riding Lance and KO, the neophyte decides to try to go big, specifically while the destroyer (Whiteside) is in the paint causing havoc. Dumb coaching once again by a dumb coach.

There you have iT

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/28/2015  7:27 AM
I agree Fisher has some really odd substitution patterns. I feel he's trying to show his players he believes in them. I can't go off the deep end yet. Let's see what December brings. By Christmas we could really start to figure out what's really wrong with this situation or things will fix itself....or better/worse, Phil will fix it.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knicks1969

11/28/2015  3:55 PM
EnySpree wrote:I agree Fisher has some really odd substitution patterns. I feel he's trying to show his players he believes in them. I can't go off the deep end yet. Let's see what December brings. By Christmas we could really start to figure out what's really wrong with this situation or things will fix itself....or better/worse, Phil will fix it.

Fisher looked this terrible last year too. How long will it take for folks around here to finally figure that he is not suited to be a coach? If we did not have talent on the roster, it would be one thing, but we do.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/28/2015  4:21 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I agree Fisher has some really odd substitution patterns. I feel he's trying to show his players he believes in them. I can't go off the deep end yet. Let's see what December brings. By Christmas we could really start to figure out what's really wrong with this situation or things will fix itself....or better/worse, Phil will fix it.

Fisher looked this terrible last year too. How long will it take for folks around here to finally figure that he is not suited to be a coach? If we did not have talent on the roster, it would be one thing, but we do.

The problem is the coaching is making the players look suspect, and then you here people say we're just not talented enough.

It's like a system that puts shaq on the perimeter shooting long jumpers and 3's,then declaring shaq sucks, and it has nothing to do with the coach or the system.

ES
Knicks1969

11/28/2015  5:27 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:

The problem is the coaching is making the players look suspect, and then you here people say we're just not talented enough.

It's like a system that puts shaq on the perimeter shooting long jumpers and 3's,then declaring shaq sucks, and it has nothing to do with the coach or the system.

I couldn't agree with you more. No good coach or coaches would never find it ok to have: Grant, Galloway, Lance, SERAPHIN, and KO on the court at the same time. Out of that group, how do you expect to manufacture points? It is simply not a coincidence why we can't ever sustain a lead. We had a formula that was working nicely with: Grant, Galloway, Williams, Lance and KO. That group had three guys who were very athletic and could go get their own shots and three guys who could help spread the floor. The one tweak Fisher needed to make was to just add one of the starters with four of those guys to obtain maximum output. That dumb dude chose to destroy the vital chemistry. SERAPHIN, Sasha and Lou really have no business being on the court.

Knicks1969

11/28/2015  6:57 PM
Can someone please explain the statement below by Fisher regarding a set rotation:

Coach Derek Fisher hinted at shortening his use of a 12- and 13-man rotation heading into the weekend, but still used 11 players for the majority of the game, with Lou Amundson making a five-minute appearance at the end of the blowout. Sasha Vujacic did not play.

“It’s different than a year ago, so I like doing it this way more than how I felt last year,” Fisher said before the game. “I think it’s an advantage because it creates an environment where every guy will make sure he’s ready when his number’s called because so far guys have seen that each night it could be a different guy whose number is called.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/28/2015  7:56 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:Can someone please explain the statement below by Fisher regarding a set rotation:

Coach Derek Fisher hinted at shortening his use of a 12- and 13-man rotation heading into the weekend, but still used 11 players for the majority of the game, with Lou Amundson making a five-minute appearance at the end of the blowout. Sasha Vujacic did not play.

“It’s different than a year ago, so I like doing it this way more than how I felt last year,” Fisher said before the game. “I think it’s an advantage because it creates an environment where every guy will make sure he’s ready when his number’s called because so far guys have seen that each night it could be a different guy whose number is called.

Changing things up once in a while is a good thing, keep players on their toes. Problem is Fisher is discounting the importance of continuity. Players need to know their roles, Fisher seems to be saying that there are no defined roles on this team. For someone who hasn't shown a great deal as a coach, this Xbox approach isn't a good long term plan.

I want to hear Phil's opinion of these musical lineups. If it starts working, more power to Fisher, but he better figure it out soon. I get that we aren't contending this year, but that doesnt mean this team shouldn't be trying to anyway

Knicks1969

11/28/2015  8:42 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:Can someone please explain the statement below by Fisher regarding a set rotation:

Changing things up once in a while is a good thing, keep players on their toes. Problem is Fisher is discounting the importance of continuity. Players need to know their roles, Fisher seems to be saying that there are no defined roles on this team. For someone who hasn't shown a great deal as a coach, this Xbox approach isn't a good long term plan.

I want to hear Phil's opinion of these musical lineups. If it starts working, more power to Fisher, but he better figure it out soon. I get that we aren't contending this year, but that doesnt mean this team shouldn't be trying to anyway

I don't know what gives this dude the temerity to think and act as he is right now. He is an unproven dude who won just 17 games out of 82, instead of using the formula that has proven to work, he thinks he can come and do things differently. Phil needs to swallow his pride and dictate to this dude what he needs to do, because he is clueless

Knicks1969

11/28/2015  9:05 PM
“Playing 10 guys is hard for me to get enough minutes for players to get a rhythm,’’ Clifford said. “If I play nine, it’s a whole different world.’’
Knicks1969

11/28/2015  9:19 PM
I swear Berman come to this sight to find ideas to write about. Which of you is Berman??
Knicks1969

11/29/2015  10:49 PM
I am so surprised fisher found it within his heart to abstain from using more then 11 players tonight. I know he had the itch to play Lou or Sasha; I wonder if Phil finally had the talk with him.
mreinman
Member: #3189

11/29/2015  11:05 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:I am so surprised fisher found it within his heart to abstain from using more then 11 players tonight. I know he had the itch to play Lou or Sasha; I wonder if Phil finally had the talk with him.

maybe phil told him to play them in the first place? Fisher is not the one who signed them.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Knicks1969

11/29/2015  11:18 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:I am so surprised fisher found it within his heart to abstain from using more then 11 players tonight. I know he had the itch to play Lou or Sasha; I wonder if Phil finally had the talk with him.

maybe phil told him to play them in the first place? Fisher is not the one who signed them.

I doubt Phil would ever ask fisher to run a 13 men rotation; that would contradict his philosophy. Phil has never used a 13 men rotation when he coached

mreinman

11/29/2015  11:21 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I doubt Phil would ever ask fisher to run a 13 men rotation; that would contradict his philosophy. Phil has never used a 13 men rotation when he coached

you sure about that?

Knicks1969

11/29/2015  11:33 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

you sure about that?

Have you ever listened to Fisher's post game interviews? You should know that the dude has a Napoleon's mentality.

Knicks1969

11/30/2015  6:51 AM
Here is a startling stat that you all need to chew on

Caldron: 37 minutes of play; scored only 7 points (2 for 7); 7 boards and 4 assists

The young Grant: 11 minutes of play, 7 points (3for 3) and had 2 boards to go along

Now, I want the Fisher lovers to please provide me a viable explanation for those numbers.

A good coach would know that the young Grant needs to play a good 15 minutes each game to really learn the speed of the game. As I have often said, Calderon at this juncture of his career Is worthless if he is not shooting the ball at least 15 times. He only scored 7 points, but he gave away a total amount of 32 points to the opposing PGs last night. Out of those 37 minutes, his assignment was to guard Beverly, Terry, and Thorthon

clyderules
Member: #6156

11/30/2015  9:19 AM
Is anybody except Barnes' ex a true Fisher lover?
Knicks1969

11/30/2015  10:10 AM
clyderules wrote:Is anybody except Barnes' ex a true Fisher lover?

Some around here tend to be a little sensitive when this dude gets criticized

mreinman

11/30/2015  10:11 AM
Knicks1969 wrote:

not really. nobody is invested in fisher.

Knicks1969

11/30/2015  10:14 AM
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:

not really. nobody is invested in fisher.

Maybe not you mreinman

Time for an 11 men rotation

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy