[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Our offensive output will not sustain winning
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/24/2015  2:46 PM
We shot the ball poorly. Our bench is coming back down to earth overall. But we have 1 star who is getting going in Melo, a 20 year old already putting up star numbers, and 2 other very solid starters in Lopez and Afflalo. Our bench will live and die with the performance of Galloway.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/24/2015  3:31 PM
If we dont improve offensively teams will figure it out on the 2nd run around.
RIP Crushalot😞
bigbasketballs
Member: #6167

11/24/2015  3:33 PM
BRIGGS wrote:If we dont improve offensively teams will figure it out on the 2nd run around.

All 30 teams are subject to others teams game planning against their offense.

That's what film study is.

That's a given.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/24/2015  7:26 PM
crzymdups wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:We were 4/24 from 3...

Shooting them with the success rate of our previous games would have given us a chance to win yesterday.

They also had 15 more FTs than we did, and the refs were not exactly fair with us last night.

We also missed a number of easy shots.

Quite maddening to reevaluate the team's potential after each game, and change our respective opinions about this or that player and the coach after each game, too.

Snapshots are nice, but never tell the entire story...you look at the early threads during the season and compare them to now, and you would think that we are a different team, now.

Beginning of the year I was thinking that you would need 40 games to really see where this team was-from my detailed analysis of our season on 11/24/15, I have determined that we have played 15 games.

Would be nice to see some perspective when dealing with the highs and lows during the season, and even during each game, for goodness sake.

That's a fair assessment. KP outpacing all expectations has really changed the way everyone looks at this team after 15 games.

I think now one of the major struggles will be to remember KP is all of 20 years old and we have to be careful with his minutes.

That said, I do think Fisher's challenge now will be to figure out a way to make the bench more productive. Even with the win streak, it became obvious that the bench was often not pulling its weight. In Houston it was terrifying whenever the bench came in and KP went out. Same against Charlotte and OKC where the bench coughed up large leads. It's been an issue even in some of the wins. The bench needs a more reliable and effective offense.

I think the starter's offense, with the return of Afflalo and the resurgence of Calderon, has actually been quite good.

And the overall team defense has been fantastic, obviously.

...And just continue to remember that Melo and Aflalo are not at 100% and I think KP is only touching the things he will be able to do for us later in the year.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/24/2015  8:18 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Shooting them with the success rate of our previous games would have given us a chance to win yesterday.

They also had 15 more FTs than we did, and the refs were not exactly fair with us last night.

Quite maddening to reevaluate the team's potential after each game, and change our respective opinions about this or that player and the coach after each game, too.

Snapshots are nice, but never tell the entire story...you look at the early threads during the season and compare them to now, and you would think that we are a different team, now.

Beginning of the year I was thinking that you would need 40 games to really see where this team was-from my detailed analysis of our season on 11/24/15, I have determined that we have played 15 games.

Would be nice to see some perspective when dealing with the highs and lows during the season, and even during each game, for goodness sake.

That's a fair assessment. KP outpacing all expectations has really changed the way everyone looks at this team after 15 games.

I think now one of the major struggles will be to remember KP is all of 20 years old and we have to be careful with his minutes.

That said, I do think Fisher's challenge now will be to figure out a way to make the bench more productive. Even with the win streak, it became obvious that the bench was often not pulling its weight. In Houston it was terrifying whenever the bench came in and KP went out. Same against Charlotte and OKC where the bench coughed up large leads. It's been an issue even in some of the wins. The bench needs a more reliable and effective offense.

I think the starter's offense, with the return of Afflalo and the resurgence of Calderon, has actually been quite good.

...And just continue to remember that Melo and Aflalo are not at 100% and I think KP is only touching the things he will be able to do for us later in the year.

And, outside of Melo and Jose being on the same roster last year, none of the starts have really played together. OK Melo played with AA and AA with Rolo, but not as a unit and not with the Triangle.

Took Miami Big 3 about 20 games to get it going. Same with Cavs last year.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/24/2015  8:42 PM
martin wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

And, outside of Melo and Jose being on the same roster last year, none of the starts have really played together. OK Melo played with AA and AA with Rolo, but not as a unit and not with the Triangle.

This is huge point. We have to allow some time for this team to fully get acclimated to the system and each other. They still aren't really clicking on all cylinders yet. There are stretches where they shows signs of really getting it as a group but they still have a ways to go.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/24/2015  11:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/24/2015  11:42 PM
martin wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Quite a lot of controversy in Miami early on, if I remember correctly.

I guess you can say that the 3 divas worked things out, although Lebron was the real issue back then, I think.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/25/2015  9:13 AM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:also, our offensive ineptitude is getting masked by our good defense and offensive rebounding.

Definitely agree about the offensive rebounding. It's gotten to the point where I'm initially okay with some of the bad shots we take until we don't get an OReb. If Rolo or KP sucks up the rebound, I'm more okay with the terrible ass shots... sometimes

style of play. I agree. Its why you need to use the eyes. When Melo or anyone else takes the ball to the rim to attack the defense while everyone stands around its terrible. When that same thing happens and Rolo and KP are crashing the boards suddenly things change.

Mia beat us straight up. Good game for them. But there was a stretch when Rolo got a pair of offensive rebounds and putbacks. The radio comment was perfect... Whiteside can either help on defense or box out, he cant do both at the same time.

Its why there is such opportunity with Grant. A lead guard who can get into the paint and finish might make this team elite. We are very big. This to me is the next piece. Ideally it comes from within. I like much of what I have seen from Grant, but Im not sure how long it will take for him to adjust and/or if he's that guy.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
11/25/2015  9:32 PM
Can't score 80-90 a night and won in this league
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
11/28/2015  6:08 PM
Since the first 3 games our offense has moved into a flawed state . We're not athletic and we have 0 consistency. Only our defense has kept us at 8-9 but as the league moves on I see us dead in the water unless we change stuff
RIP Crushalot😞
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

11/28/2015  6:22 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Since the first 3 games our offense has moved into a flawed state . We're not athletic and we have 0 consistency. Only our defense has kept us at 8-9 but as the league moves on I see us dead in the water unless we change stuff

The first three games gave me hope, but I lost it all once KO and Williams were drastically marginalized. I was not very happy with the Calderon and Sasha pairing in th first three games, but I was hopeful once I heard Aflalo Was ready to return.

What pains me is fisher's inability to see the problem. The answers he gives during His interviews are just appalling.

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
mase14
Member: #1622

11/28/2015  6:29 PM
We need to play more uptempo,this offense is painful to watch
BRIGGS
11/28/2015  6:48 PM
mase14 wrote:We need to play more uptempo,this offense is painful to watch

Its all forced and mechanical

RIP Crushalot😞
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/29/2015  8:44 AM
This thread deserves a healthy bump. 100% spot on.
BRIGGS
11/29/2015  10:22 AM
We're 30. Last in the NBA in fg% and were 28 in the league in total offense. We are LUCKY to be 8-9. If I'm a free agent why do I want to play with a boring team with archaic views?
RIP Crushalot😞
Our offensive output will not sustain winning

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy