[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

College basketball thread
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/15/2015  7:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/15/2015  7:47 PM
TPercy wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Im kind of on the Marcus Paige bandwagon for the Knicks. He has the things in his game that we dont have from the PG. Hes got incredible body control he controls the dribble hes got a beautiful shot--hes a very nice passer good driver. Hes going to be discounted. I dont know how much we can get into the draft???
but if players stay down so to speak because of senioritis Id be interested in Gbinjie David Walker Valentine Paige and Adams(all seniors) Can we pick up a late 1 early 2 again? well have to see.

From what I have seen from Paige he looks like a really great shooter and passer. His defense is a bit shaky don't you think?

His athleticism and how that translates into the NBA is questionable though...

Hes got awesome body control. I like the form on his shot I like the way he sees the floor--he might be better in the NBA than he is in college. The only thing you can question is the body weight. We need to rebuild the guard corp.

If we were able to get Tyler Johnson Paige and Walker(lets say 2 2's) I think thats a doable goal.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

12/15/2015  8:13 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
TPercy wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Im kind of on the Marcus Paige bandwagon for the Knicks. He has the things in his game that we dont have from the PG. Hes got incredible body control he controls the dribble hes got a beautiful shot--hes a very nice passer good driver. Hes going to be discounted. I dont know how much we can get into the draft???
but if players stay down so to speak because of senioritis Id be interested in Gbinjie David Walker Valentine Paige and Adams(all seniors) Can we pick up a late 1 early 2 again? well have to see.

From what I have seen from Paige he looks like a really great shooter and passer. His defense is a bit shaky don't you think?

His athleticism and how that translates into the NBA is questionable though...

Hes got awesome body control. I like the form on his shot I like the way he sees the floor--he might be better in the NBA than he is in college. The only thing you can question is the body weight. We need to rebuild the guard corp.

If we were able to get Tyler Johnson Paige and Walker(lets say 2 2's) I think thats a doable goal.

His form is very nice, body control is a fair statement as well.
He will need to get stronger and maybe a little quicker if he wants to hold his own in the NBA
The Future is Bright!
callmened
Member: #4234

12/15/2015  11:57 PM
for what its worth, (because i now realize that this is BRIGGS thread, therefore others might not care what i think. lol)

- i think paige is that typical nice NCAA player who might be a back up player in the pros. he does several things well - but doesnt have NBA ability (quicks, defense, strength or shooting). in the PERFECT situation i can see him being a back up at best.

- the best pro prospect on that (underachieving) UNC team is justin jackson - a 6-7 string bean who can do it all. all he needs to do is add 20 lbs, fill out and he can be a long time NBA player

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
TPercy

12/16/2015  12:14 AM
callmened wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Im going to start my 2016 draft board now with my top 15. Ive locked Ben Simmons as the number 1 pick for the season

#1 Ben Simmons F
#2 Grayson Allen G
#3 Kris Dunn PG
#4 Branden Ingram F G
#5 Denzel Valentine G
#6 Jakob Poetl C
#7 Henry Ellenson PF
#8 Demetrius Jackson PG
#9 Melo Trimble PG
#10 Domantas Sabonis F
11 Jamal Murray G
12 Michael Gbingie G
13 A J Hammonds C
14 Daniel Hamilton G
15 Caris Lavert G

wheres dragan bender - the croatian big man playing in israel - on this list? to me hes a top 5 pick. also i think jamal murray is WAY too low on your list BRIGGS. all of this is way too early since they havent started conference play. looks like its gonna be a weak draft though. but ill list my top 10. in my opinion, heres the top 10 that i have seen:

1. ben simmons - lefty 6-10 PG who cant shoot
2. Branden Ingram - 6-10 KD wannabe clone
3. Jamal Murray - 6-4 PG tank
4. Dragan Bender - 7-1 KP clone
5. Jaylen Brown - athletic SF from Cal
6. Kris Dunn - nice 6-4 athlete playmaker
7. Skal Labassiere - horrible season so far but scouts will drool at his potential
8. D. Sabonis - do it all big man
9. J. Poetl - huge big man with skills
10. D. Jackson - ultra quick PG

You take Ingram that high?
From what I have seen(I know it is just the beginning of the season)He looks slow to be a 3 in the NBA;however, I think his height, lengeth, and quickness(for a 4) would make him a decent player on the offensive end.

Another thing that bothers me is why he is such a bad FT shooter?

The Future is Bright!
callmened

12/16/2015  12:21 AM
TPercy wrote:You take Ingram that high?
From what I have seen(I know it is just the beginning of the season)He looks slow to be a 3 in the NBA;however, I think his height, lengeth, and quickness(for a 4) would make him a decent player on the offensive end.

Another thing that bothers me is why he is such a bad FT shooter?

i would draft who ever based on need. but its not up to me. these NBA scouts are drooling at his potential. he has alot of upside so i can see him being a very high pick

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
BRIGGS
12/16/2015  7:50 AM
callmened wrote:for what its worth, (because i now realize that this is BRIGGS thread, therefore others might not care what i think. lol)

- i think paige is that typical nice NCAA player who might be a back up player in the pros. he does several things well - but doesnt have NBA ability (quicks, defense, strength or shooting). in the PERFECT situation i can see him being a back up at best.

- the best pro prospect on that (underachieving) UNC team is justin jackson - a 6-7 string bean who can do it all. all he needs to do is add 20 lbs, fill out and he can be a long time NBA player

Im just trying to be realistic with where we could potentially draft. Im suspecting mid 40's down so anyone I name is probably someone i think has a chance to be a mid to late 2nd rounder. Im looking at 40-80 meaning guys who I think will be able to hit 3's at 40% or close and 80% from the FT line and each has to have certain characteristics that make an NBA player.

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened

12/16/2015  12:19 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
callmened wrote:for what its worth, (because i now realize that this is BRIGGS thread, therefore others might not care what i think. lol)

Im just trying to be realistic with where we could potentially draft. Im suspecting mid 40's down so anyone I name is probably someone i think has a chance to be a mid to late 2nd rounder. Im looking at 40-80 meaning guys who I think will be able to hit 3's at 40% or close and 80% from the FT line and each has to have certain characteristics that make an NBA player.

no i hear you. from the knicks perspective yeah paige is probably a 2nd rounder. i just doubt he'll be an impact player on the next level.

i guess when i think of NBA prospects, i think of the overall nba and lottery teams. i think this yr will be a weak draft

TPercy

12/16/2015  8:32 PM
Marcus Paige has looked terrible on defense
The Future is Bright!
TPercy

12/16/2015  8:35 PM
WOw Justin Jackson looks like he has a very nice all round game tonight
The Future is Bright!
BRIGGS
12/18/2015  10:08 AM
#1 Ben Simmons F
#2 Branden Ingram F G
#3 Kris Dunn PG
#4 Grayson Allen 6-5 G
#5 Michael Gbingie PG/ G
#6 Jakob Poetl C
#7 Denzel Valentine G
#8 Demetrius Jackson PG
#9 Melo Trimble PG
#10 Domantas Sabonis F
11 Jamall Murray PG/G
12 Brice Johnson F
13 A J Hammonds C
14 Daniel Hamilton PG?SG
15 David Walker SG

I moved Gbinjie to #5

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened

12/18/2015  11:12 AM
just out of curiousity BRIGGS, why do you have grayson allen so high? same with Gbinije?

to me they are nice college players who might be role players at the next level. but yes they are some of the top NCAA players ive seen this yr.

yikes, this is a very WEAK WEAK draft

BRIGGS, have you seen dragan bender play yet? or buddy heild of oklahoma?

BRIGGS
12/18/2015  1:05 PM
callmened wrote:just out of curiousity BRIGGS, why do you have grayson allen so high? same with Gbinije?

to me they are nice college players who might be role players at the next level. but yes they are some of the top NCAA players ive seen this yr.

yikes, this is a very WEAK WEAK draft

BRIGGS, have you seen dragan bender play yet? or buddy heild of oklahoma?

Lot of things to like about both players.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
12/19/2015  1:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/19/2015  1:09 PM
When we have our pick in 2017, assuming its in the mid first round, tyler lydon from syracuse is a great option. I doubt he comes out this season but maybe after his soph year. Hes an ideal stretch 4 for the nba game and could eventually be a good fit next to KP when he someday moves to the center. Lydon is 6'9 and can shoot and block shots and mix it up. He will become a solid defender when he fills out.
callmened

12/19/2015  2:21 PM
Knixkik wrote:When we have our pick in 2017, assuming its in the mid first round, tyler lydon from syracuse is a great option. I doubt he comes out this season but maybe after his soph year. Hes an ideal stretch 4 for the nba game and could eventually be a good fit next to KP when he someday moves to the center. Lydon is 6'9 and can shoot and block shots and mix it up. He will become a solid defender when he fills out.

as a syracuse fan, ill believe it when i see it. lol. lets have the kid survive thru ACC conference play before we annoint him an NBA player. so far, the cuse has played a weak cupcake schedule (and isnt doing so well). yes Lydon is a nice surprise, yes, he can shoot. yes he has good height but he's still slow, weak and hidden in that 2-3 zone defense

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
12/20/2015  10:48 AM
callmened wrote:
Knixkik wrote:When we have our pick in 2017, assuming its in the mid first round, tyler lydon from syracuse is a great option. I doubt he comes out this season but maybe after his soph year. Hes an ideal stretch 4 for the nba game and could eventually be a good fit next to KP when he someday moves to the center. Lydon is 6'9 and can shoot and block shots and mix it up. He will become a solid defender when he fills out.

as a syracuse fan, ill believe it when i see it. lol. lets have the kid survive thru ACC conference play before we annoint him an NBA player. so far, the cuse has played a weak cupcake schedule (and isnt doing so well). yes Lydon is a nice surprise, yes, he can shoot. yes he has good height but he's still slow, weak and hidden in that 2-3 zone defense

I agree, he's got a long ways to go. But just as an early projection, I think he's the type of player who will be sought after in today's game if he develops properly.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/20/2015  11:34 AM
You might want to consider moving Sabonis's kid up your boards. 36 and 16 against Tennessee, wow.
BRIGGS
12/22/2015  8:52 PM
GustavBahler wrote:You might want to consider moving Sabonis's kid up your boards. 36 and 16 against Tennessee, wow.

Ive pushed him to #3. His defense is good not great but every thing else is great. He is really skilled. Actually KP should watch how he plays on offense.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
12/23/2015  9:24 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Im going to start my 2016 draft board now with my top 15. Ive locked Ben Simmons as the number 1 pick for the season Updated

#1 Ben Simmons F
#2 Branden Ingram F G
#3 Domantas Sabonis PF
#4 Kris Dunn PG
#5 Michael Gbingie PG/ G
#6 Jamall Murray PG/G
#7 Grayson Allen 6-5 G
#8 Demetrius Jackson PG
#9 Melo Trimble PG
#10 A J Hammonds C
11 Jakob Poetll C
12 Brice Johnson F
13 Denzell Valentine
14 Buddy Hield SG
15 Daniel Hamilton PG?SG

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened

12/23/2015  9:51 AM
is anyone watching buddy hield at oklahoma? lol i feel like im the only one who cares.

PS - Skal Labassiere has shown that he needs a lot of work and has struggled. but i still expect him to be a lottery pick simply based on potential

BRIGGS
12/25/2015  9:51 PM
Draft overall is poor. Best senior laden draft in 25 years. Could see as many as 4 seniors in top 15 and team like the Knicks can sit back and grab 2-3 undrafted players that could be just as good as a late 1
RIP Crushalot😞
College basketball thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy