[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

College basketball thread
Author Thread
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

11/20/2015  5:05 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Awesome idea. "Briggs's College Basketball Thread".

i bet you i know as much or if not more college basketball than BRIGGS. lol

but since he has longer tenure here on this site - ill kindly defer to BRIGGS (but add my two cents)

to me the best prospects are:
1. skal Labessiere
2. dragon bender
3. Jamal Murray
4. Jaylen Brown
5. Ben Simmons

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
AUTOADVERT
TPercy
Member: #5748

11/20/2015  6:40 PM
Melo Trimble anyone?????
The Future is Bright!
TPercy
Member: #5748

11/20/2015  8:07 PM
Starting to take that back he isn't looking so great so far tonight
The Future is Bright!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/21/2015  2:35 PM
="callmened"]

but since he has longer tenure here on this site - ill kindly defer to BRIGGS (but add my two cents)

1. skal Labessiere
2. dragon bender
3. Jamal Murray
4. Jaylen Brown
5. Ben Simmons

It's way to early today top 10 but I'd put Simmons as lock #1 and Grayson Allen in the top 10 I posted about Allen last year and now he's showing it big time. There is too much to determine this early

RIP Crushalot😞
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

11/21/2015  6:00 PM
Not having our pick really sucks. Hopefully phil can work some magic like he did with the hardaway trade
BRIGGS
11/22/2015  12:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/23/2015  12:15 AM
I'm going to add derrick Jones Jr and Jakob Poeltl to my top 10 list so far I have Simmons Allen and Jones. I kind of figured both Allen and Poeltl would be super high draft picks last year--I had them as rd 1 picks and they are a year older--both really good players.

So far in my top 10 Id have Simmons(lock #1) Grayson Allen (top 3- 5) Poeltl(top 3-7) Sabonis's son 7-12 Demetrius Jackson top 8 - 10 and Derrick Jones (10-13)

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
11/22/2015  8:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/23/2015  12:07 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
callmened wrote:

1. skal Labessiere
2. dragon bender
3. Jamal Murray
4. Jaylen Brown
5. Ben Simmons

RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/22/2015  11:21 PM
callmened wrote:

1. skal Labessiere
2. dragon bender
3. Jamal Murray
4. Jaylen Brown
5. Ben Simmons

Thanks for the compliment, but Briggs follows college bball a lot more closely than I do, not even close.

As for this thread, Briggs, you might want to consider stickying some of your favorite top picks, sleeper picks, on the first page of this thread, you can always change the lists. Makes it easier for posters who follow your reports to track the players you're scouting. Its your thread.

callmened

11/23/2015  11:38 AM
it wouldnt surprise me if simmons is taken #1. hes gonna put up GREAT numbers since LSU is only playing cupcakes this yr (before conference play). hes an intruiging prospect with a rare combination of skills. but main concern is that he sucks at shooting.

im not sold on grayson allen yet. against a medicore georgetown team he looked great...but against a kentucky team full of pros he looked lost (6 pts)

i have love d. jackson at notre dame and the big boys down at purdue (three pro prospects over 6-10)

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
callmened

11/23/2015  12:59 PM
also the only duke player who has a chance of making the lottery is Ingram - and so far he sucks. 6-10 string bean with a rep for shooting. in the KD mold.
BRIGGS
11/24/2015  9:26 AM
Looking for what we need with the hope we can find a round #2 pick I would love the Knicks to follow Rodney Purvis of Uconn. He reminds me a lot of Bradley Beal but he's actually more athletic. Hes been a lock down defender and a great passer this year so far. He might be the strongest guard physically in the draft yet he is a high skill player. Hes NBA all the way--will be a steal.

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened

11/24/2015  2:35 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I'm going to add derrick Jones Jr and Jakob Poeltl to my top 10 list"

derrick jones jr just had one great high light dunk. hes a 9th man on a mediocre UNLV team. hes no where close to a draft pick let alone lottery draft pick. the lottery pick i like on UNLV is mr. zimmerman (7fter with 3pt range). Poeltlhas some game too, im surprised he didnt go pro last yr

BRIGGS
11/26/2015  9:03 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I'm going to add derrick Jones Jr and Jakob Poeltl to my top 10 list so far I have Simmons Allen and Jones. I kind of figured both Allen and Poeltl would be super high draft picks last year--I had them as rd 1 picks and they are a year older--both really good players.

So far in my top 10 Id have Simmons(lock #1) Grayson Allen (top 3- 5) Poeltl(top 3-7) Sabonis's son 7-12 Demetrius Jackson top 8 - 10 and Derrick Jones (10-13)

I'm going to add Carl Lavert from MIchigan into th top 10
RIP Crushalot😞
callmened

11/27/2015  3:37 PM
a couple thoughts on Syracuse (my fav NCAA team) so far...

- theyre simply gonna rely on 3pt shooting this year.. for better or for worse

- Cooney is an excellent shooter who got into the bad habit of forcing shots (since theyre were fewer options last yr). as a result, he had bad shooting %s. This yr, he has the help but is still forcing shots

- Gbinije has turned into a solid player and will do well at PG. hes not a natural PG but he doesnt make mistakes. K. Joseph was supposed to play PG but he continues to struggle. Gbinije is their best overall player

- Lydon has been their (surprise) 2nd best player. This freshmen is a pick and pop big is a huge spark off the bench

- Down low D. Coleman is a bust but he looks to finally be healthy (and thinner). Roberson gives them offensive rebounds and mid range shooting.

- Malachi Richardson is an excellent shooter and athlete. Likely a one and done kid who needs 3 yrs of college.

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/28/2015  2:15 AM
callmened wrote:a couple thoughts on Syracuse (my fav NCAA team) so far...

- Cooney is an excellent shooter who got into the bad habit of forcing shots (since theyre were fewer options last yr). as a result, he had bad shooting %s. This yr, he has the help but is still forcing shots

- Gbinije has turned into a solid player and will do well at PG. hes not a natural PG but he doesnt make mistakes. K. Joseph was supposed to play PG but he continues to struggle. Gbinije is their best overall player

- Lydon has been their (surprise) 2nd best player. This freshmen is a pick and pop big is a huge spark off the bench

- Down low D. Coleman is a bust but he looks to finally be healthy (and thinner). Roberson gives them offensive rebounds and mid range shooting.

- Malachi Richardson is an excellent shooter and athlete. Likely a one and done kid who needs 3 yrs of college.

My Dad is a huge Cuse fan. I was able to watch the game with him on Thanksgiving. He loves Gbinigie and always tells me the same story about him when we get to catch a game together. It is the same thing with Cooney. He is thrilled with Lydon and knows all about him. Looking forward to hearing the same stories again the next time I see him and I am really glad Cuse won again today. They have to be ranked now.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
11/29/2015  12:14 PM
I'm throwing in Denzel Valentine into the lottery. He might be a senior but he has great size for a 2 and probably knows how to play the game better than anyone else in cbb. I like that he is consistently shooting over 40% from 3 going back 40 games and he's just great at EVERY intangible to the game. Passing rebounding defense. He's just good
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
11/29/2015  12:19 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
callmened wrote:a couple thoughts on Syracuse (my fav NCAA team) so far...

- Cooney is an excellent shooter who got into the bad habit of forcing shots (since theyre were fewer options last yr). as a result, he had bad shooting %s. This he has the help but is still forcing shots

My Dad is a huge Cuse fan. I was able to watch the game with him on Thanksgiving. He loves Gbinigie and always tells me the same story about him when we get to catch a game together. It is the same thing with Cooney. He is thrilled with Lydon and knows all about him. Looking forward to hearing the same stories again the next time I see him and I am really glad Cuse won again today. They have to be ranked now.

Gbinjie reminds me of a poor man's Scottie pippen . he's going to really rise upon the draft

RIP Crushalot😞
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/29/2015  2:44 PM
I haven't read every post in this thread so pardon if someone has mentioned him already, but a guy who really intrigues me is Buddy Heild @ Oklahoma. Really good two way player reminds me of Jimmy Butler. Heild isn't a freshman so he may be a little overlooked but dude is the truth...I'm watching him now on ESPN 2 vs Wisconsin....
BRIGGS
11/29/2015  4:01 PM
Uptown wrote:I haven't read every post in this thread so pardon if someone has mentioned him already, but a guy who really intrigues me is Buddy Heild @ Oklahoma. Really good two way player reminds me of Jimmy Butler. Heild isn't a freshman so he may be a little overlooked but dude is the truth...I'm watching him now on ESPN 2 vs Wisconsin....

Yeah gbinjie Dunn Valentine and hield are going to buck the trend as seniors will move up into rd 1 and all may go lottery. I always try to learn and if you look at the nba right now you look at guys who are athletic play hard good size shoot 40%++ from 3 rebound and play d. Gary Payton hasn't shot the ball well but he's been incredible everywhere else however I'd stick to the players who can shoot the 3

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened

11/29/2015  6:21 PM
Uptown wrote:I haven't read every post in this thread so pardon if someone has mentioned him already, but a guy who really intrigues me is Buddy Heild @ Oklahoma. Really good two way player reminds me of Jimmy Butler. Heild isn't a freshman so he may be a little overlooked but dude is the truth...I'm watching him now on ESPN 2 vs Wisconsin....

yeah i mentioned buddy heild. love him as a prospect. like a more well rounded jodie meeks

College basketball thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy