[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

College basketball thread
Author Thread
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

4/17/2016  11:04 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Another guy from Mich State who should have a run in the NBA is Matt Costello--hes a darn replica of David Lee with better defense.

stop it! no hes not and you KNOW it. lol david lee...coming out of florida was a GREAT athlete (won slam dunk contest in HS). costello cant jump 2 inches off the floor and hes super slow. lol. STOP IT! lol

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/17/2016  11:59 PM
callmened wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Another guy from Mich State who should have a run in the NBA is Matt Costello--hes a darn replica of David Lee with better defense.

stop it! no hes not and you KNOW it. lol david lee...coming out of florida was a GREAT athlete (won slam dunk contest in HS). costello cant jump 2 inches off the floor and hes super slow. lol. STOP IT! lol

David Lee was no NBA high flyer. He was bouncy smart strong and skilled. I dont see much difference coming out of college. Im not saying hes an NBA David Lee--that would be hard but he reminds me of David Lee coming out of school--under played under rated.

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened

4/18/2016  12:13 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
callmened wrote:

David Lee was no NBA high flyer. He was bouncy smart strong and skilled. I dont see much difference coming out of college. Im not saying hes an NBA David Lee--that would be hard but he reminds me of David Lee coming out of school--under played under rated.

costello was not the athlete david lee was coming into the pros...david lee was a 4 yr starter at florida and put up decent numbers. costello was a role player who improved his senior yr. lee had some post game, costello has absolutely none. if this were the 90s were 6-9 250 big men were more valuable then id say MAYBE he gets a shot. but nowadays 6-9 PFs are expected to stretch the court with 3s, switch onto guarding wings...this kid CANNOT do that and i highly doubt he makes it in the NBA to play significant mins

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
BRIGGS
4/18/2016  10:43 AM
BRIGGS wrote:5-12 Jamal Murray G Buddy Hield G Denzell Valentine G

13-21 Grayson Allen Kay Felder G G Derrick Jones G

22-30 F Ben Bentil Deandre Bembrey G Bryn Forbes C A J Hammons

31-60 Malcolm Brogdan Isiaih Miles Michael Gbinje

5-12 no change
13-21 Allen is out
22-30 no change
31-60 no chnage

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
4/20/2016  3:03 PM
Nigel Hayes coming out. Has some dray green to him
RIP Crushalot😞
callmened

4/20/2016  3:20 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Nigel Hayes coming out. Has some dray green to him

agreed

WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

4/20/2016  4:17 PM
callmened wrote:

agreed

Has no agent, so he can test the waters and go back to school if the workout feedback he gets is not good enough.

6'8" with shoes, but measured out with an f'n 7'3.5" wingspan!

3pt shooting went down to about 30% this year, but was almost 40% last year.

I'd be interested in buying a #2 to get him. Played for a good coach with an unselfish team. Wonder if he's quick enough to play at the 3?

Still remember him pushing around WCS in the tournament last year.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
4/20/2016  6:42 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
callmened wrote:

agreed

Has no agent, so he can test the waters and go back to school if the workout feedback he gets is not good enough.

I'd be interested in buying a #2 to get him. Played for a good coach with an unselfish team. Wonder if he's quick enough to play at the 3?

Good player (and highly intelligent if you dont know his story) but I see two guys from the other team Id rather have

RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/20/2016  7:05 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
callmened wrote:

agreed

Good player (and highly intelligent if you dont know his story) but I see two guys from the other team Id rather have

All depends on availability, of course...and Phil's ability to get us some kind of pick.

Have to admit that I haven't spent much time looking at players because we are out of the draft at this time, and I'm not going to put in a major effort- other than looking at DXpress/DNet to check on how they have players ordered.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
4/21/2016  1:15 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
callmened wrote:

agreed

All depends on availability, of course...and Phil's ability to get us some kind of pick.

Have to admit that I haven't spent much time looking at players because we are out of the draft at this time, and I'm not going to put in a major effort- other than looking at DXpress/DNet to check on how they have players ordered.

I like guys like Seth Curry Valentine and Forbes because they are essential to spreading the floor and getting guys like KP Lopez maybe even Carmelo will simply get easier shots Curry and Valentine especially valentine are passers--so then we put pressure at 27 feet but with passers it makes everyone a threat. Guys like Mccaw Jones are defensive guys6-7 athletic Mccaw is probably more for this type of team because h can hit the three and hes a passer. You get diversity Im not big on Galloway and Early. Galloway is so mechanic and undersized Early hes 25 now hes much much older than guys coming out. Hes got to show something you want a guy playing NBA basket ball at 25 that should be close to prime. He doesnt even shine in the NBDL

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened

4/26/2016  10:52 AM
sleeper prospect ivan rabb returning to Cal.

wow and WHY????????

BRIGGS
5/4/2016  1:22 AM
I'm leaning toward moving Hield to pick#1 and at worse 2 no way would I pick Simmons over him. I want to see what Ingram looks like on ore draft workouts. I don't think he's the next kg but he's the only guy beside hield I would consider
RIP Crushalot😞
wh4t
Member: #6039
USA
5/13/2016  6:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/13/2016  6:58 AM
wh4t wrote:I wonder if phil kept an eye on Isaiah Whitehead. He's very slept on and could possibly slip to the 2nd round.

edit: never mind, he probably doesn't fit in phil's eyes. I think Isa could be a steal though.

combo guard
height w/o shoes 6' 3.25' height with shoes 6' 4.5'' standing reach 8' 4'' weight 210 wingspan 6' 8.75''

https://www.sny.tv/college-recruiting/news/seton-halls-isaiah-whitehead-100-percent-gone-with-first-round-guarantee/177765580

Isaiah Whitehead hasn't formally signed with an agent, but the Seton Hall sophomore guard says he's "100 percent" gone if he gets a promise to be chosen in the first round of next month's NBA Draft.

"Oh yeah, 100 percent," Whitehead said Thursday at the NBA Draft Combine after going for 13 points on 6-for-8 shooting with 5 assists, 3 rebounds and no turnovers in a 109-69 victory. "You can't give up opportunities like that. I mean, when they tell you it's time to go, you just gotta go."

He added to SNY.tv: "And anybody at Seton Hall would have to agree with me. When they tell you that you're a first-round pick, you can't turn that down."

The Brooklyn native is currently projected as the No. 65 best prospect in 2016 by DraftExpress.com, and as the No. 35 pick in 2017, but he's hoping to impress here at the Combine.

BRIGGS
5/15/2016  12:40 PM
BRIGGS wrote:#1 Ben Simmons F
#2 Branden Ingram F G
#3 Kris Dunn PG
#4 Grayson Allen 6-5 G
#5 Michael Gbingie PG/ G
#6 Jakob Poetl C
#7 Denzel Valentine G
#8 Demetrius Jackson PG
#9 Melo Trimble PG
#10 Domantas Sabonis F
11 Jamall Murray PG/G
12 Brice Johnson F
13 A J Hammonds C
14 Daniel Hamilton PG?SG
15 David Walker SG

I moved Gbinjie to #5

Wow beginning of the season I had gbinjie as high as pick # 5. I think during the year he kind of flattened out but sometimes a first judgement is the best. I still have many of the same players in the lottery from 5 months ago

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened

5/15/2016  5:25 PM
gbinije NEVER flattened out. he was consistent all season
BRIGGS
5/15/2016  6:32 PM
callmened wrote:gbinije NEVER flattened out. he was consistent all season

He had 7-8 sub par games right in a row --right after I posted him this high

RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/15/2016  9:17 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
#2 Branden Ingram F G
#3 Kris Dunn PG
#4 Grayson Allen 6-5 G
#5 Michael Gbingie PG/ G
#6 Jakob Poetl C
#7 Denzel Valentine G
#8 Demetrius Jackson PG
#9 Melo Trimble PG
#10 Domantas Sabonis F
11 Jamall Murray PG/G
12 Brice Johnson F
13 A J Hammonds C
14 Daniel Hamilton PG?SG
15 David Walker SG

I moved Gbinjie to #5

Wow beginning of the season I had gbinjie as high as pick # 5. I think during the year he kind of flattened out but sometimes a first judgement is the best. I still have many of the same players in the lottery from 5 months ago

I really like Gbinije. I think he'd be a great pick in the second round.

¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
5/15/2016  10:16 PM
crzymdups wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
#2 Branden Ingram F G
#3 Kris Dunn PG
#4 Grayson Allen 6-5 G
#5 Michael Gbingie PG/ G
#6 Jakob Poetl C
#7 Denzel Valentine G
#8 Demetrius Jackson PG
#9 Melo Trimble PG
#10 Domantas Sabonis F
11 Jamall Murray PG/G
12 Brice Johnson F
13 A J Hammonds C
14 Daniel Hamilton PG?SG
15 David Walker SG

I moved Gbinjie to #5

I really like Gbinije. I think he'd be a great pick in the second round.

I wouldnt go against the pick bu7t I wouldnt use a future #1 for him. Hed have to fall into rd 2. If not there is a lot of beef in rd 2 --much smarter to acquire 2-3 2's with cash and future 2's than give up a 1 pick in a future draft. This is a great sec rd draft--no need to pursue 1's

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened

5/16/2016  10:57 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

ive watched every syracuse game since 1999, he had a very consistent seen and didnt drop off at all. maybe we have two different definitions of drop off

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/56115/michael-gbinije

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/16/2016  12:13 PM
callmened wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

ive watched every syracuse game since 1999, he had a very consistent seen and didnt drop off at all. maybe we have two different definitions of drop off

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/56115/michael-gbinije

Since you watch the cuse can you help me out?

I get that Gbinije had a good career but how much do you credit him being more mature than his counterparts? He is turning 24 next month. Also, I can't remember the last good pro that Syracuse put in the league besides Melo? Does Boeheim develop Pro level players?

College basketball thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy