[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

College basketball thread
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
3/26/2016  12:08 AM
That Syracuse game was unbelievable. Can't wait until Sunday. My son turned 20 today. He was born the day after Cuse beat Mississippi State when they had John Wallace. I still remember timing my wife's contractions and watching Cuse. The Knicks played the Magic on that Sunday and I believe it was one of those epic Ewing/Shaq battles.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/26/2016  9:34 AM
CrushAlot wrote:That Syracuse game was unbelievable. Can't wait until Sunday. My son turned 20 today. He was born the day after Cuse beat Mississippi State when they had John Wallace. I still remember timing my wife's contractions and watching Cuse. The Knicks played the Magic on that Sunday and I believe it was one of those epic Ewing/Shaq battles.

My girlfriend is a big SU fan, I didn't think she was going to make it through the game last night. Exciting game, but I still don't know how they won. Gonzaga seemed like the significantly better rebounding team. Most of the boards SU grabbed were met with a sigh of relief. Orange didn't shoot exceptionally well and had too many blown layups, but damn, credit to them hanging around and doing just enough. Boeheim was praising Gbinije at the end, but it felt like Cooney made the big plays when they were needed.

Sabonis on Gonzaga looked great though!

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/27/2016  8:09 PM
Richardson prob made himself some money today. Great game by him.
¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
USA
3/27/2016  8:30 PM
crzymdups wrote:Richardson prob made himself some money today. Great game by him.
That was an amazing game. I didn't think they had a chance being down double digits for 2/3 of the game.
crzymdups
USA
3/27/2016  9:08 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Richardson prob made himself some money today. Great game by him.
That was an amazing game. I didn't think they had a chance being down double digits for 2/3 of the game.

Part of me wouldn't mind if Melo stumped for the Knicks to get a pick to draft him. Seems like the exact kind of player we need. I don't know if he'll enter this draft though. Maybe next year?

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
USA
3/27/2016  9:14 PM
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Part of me wouldn't mind if Melo stumped for the Knicks to get a pick to draft him. Seems like the exact kind of player we need. I don't know if he'll enter this draft though. Maybe next year?

He would be a nice addition. I do think the Knicks have a shot at Gbinige if they acquire a second round pick.
crzymdups
USA
3/27/2016  9:17 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

He would be a nice addition. I do think the Knicks have a shot at Gbinige if they acquire a second round pick.

Yeah, weren't they interested in him last summer? I feel like he may even be available as an undrafted FA. Unless he has a really huge final four.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
USA
3/27/2016  9:18 PM
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Yeah, weren't they interested in him last summer? I feel like he may even be available as an undrafted FA. Unless he has a really huge final four.

I am not sure. Was he going to declare for the draft last year?
crzymdups
USA
3/27/2016  9:21 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I am not sure. Was he going to declare for the draft last year?

I remember hearing his name in connection to draft workouts? Was he in the draft and pulled out? Maybe I'm making that up. But he'd be a nice piece to try to get on our summer league squad.

Draft Express has him ranked 60th in the prospects in this draft, so he's right on the edge.

¿ △ ?
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

3/27/2016  10:18 PM
GBinije is way better than 60th. hes an excellent 3 and d wing. borderline 1st rd
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/2/2016  11:58 AM
Boy Ben Simmons is getting ripped apart in the media. The kid is 19 and has Good form-- why can't he devlop a J while working as a player who can play all 5 positions. He's to good of a rebounder bal handler and passed to be anywhere near a bust
RIP Crushalot😞
callmened

4/2/2016  12:01 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Boy Ben Simmons is getting ripped apart in the media. The kid is 19 and has Good form-- why can't he devlop a J while working as a player who can play all 5 positions. He's to good of a rebounder bal handler and passed to be anywhere near a bust

agreed. he's being categorized as a BAD kid simply cuz his team didnt win, he sulked and didnt like going to classes. sounds like me when i was 19. with that said hes still an intriguing talent who can run a team at the PG position. his jumper is AWFUL, BOY is it AWFUL. i doubt he can ever improve that - looks broken. but i still think he can be a decent player - like Giannis at PG on the bucks

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
BRIGGS
4/2/2016  7:41 PM
Villanova is just a rugged physical team will compete with anyone
RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/2/2016  11:21 PM
callmened wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Boy Ben Simmons is getting ripped apart in the media. The kid is 19 and has Good form-- why can't he devlop a J while working as a player who can play all 5 positions. He's to good of a rebounder bal handler and passed to be anywhere near a bust

agreed. he's being categorized as a BAD kid simply cuz his team didnt win, he sulked and didnt like going to classes. sounds like me when i was 19. with that said hes still an intriguing talent who can run a team at the PG position. his jumper is AWFUL, BOY is it AWFUL. i doubt he can ever improve that - looks broken. but i still think he can be a decent player - like Giannis at PG on the bucks

The problem is that he was being touted by some as a generational talent, but as the season went on his flaws, both on and off the court, were exposed.

The attitude issues on the court and in school are character red flags, and given what we've seen with Russell and OK4, does anyone really believe that teams won't be looking at this aspect of a player more closely than usual?

He seems like a player who has to control the ball to be at the top of his game...are any teams going to give him LeBron type control over their offense?

There are at least 10 players from the KP draft I would have taken over him if he had been in that draft.

And yup...that shot looks pretty broken, and the fact that he didn't fix it with all the ball he was playing before LSU tells you a lot about him, IMO.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
callmened

4/4/2016  10:16 PM
this is the kid i was talking about ...Marquese Chriss - 6-9 SF

callmened

4/4/2016  11:37 PM
WHAT A FREAKING BASKETBALL GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/4/2016  11:52 PM
callmened wrote:WHAT A FREAKING BASKETBALL GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That ending was simply ridiculous.

Rooting for the Big East team, but I thought that the game would go into overtime after the Paige shot, and figured that Villanova would fade.

The 3 pt shooting by NC was a real anomaly...don't know if you can call it "lucky," but it was hardly consistent with their season averages. If they shoot their yearly %average of 32%, this game would have been a blowout.

Villanova with only 6 assists on their 28 baskets...pretty amazing, but they got one of those assists when it counted.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
4/4/2016  11:58 PM
Jenkins has a sweet stroke but at 6'6" he may be a tweener
callmened

4/5/2016  12:00 AM
a tweener...in Siberia lol
BRIGGS
4/17/2016  10:49 PM
Another guy from Mich State who should have a run in the NBA is Matt Costello--hes a darn replica of David Lee with better defense.
RIP Crushalot😞
College basketball thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy