fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:last night's beat down had very little to do with Eli. He's a hell of a player. The Giants have a talent problem. They are simply a very middle of the road at best. They are pretty well coached, but simply dont have the horses. They are very weak at the LOS. You cant win if you are. Plain and simple. As for Eli's performance ask Tom Brady what happens when you get pressured every time you drop back. You can talk quick drops, and quick patterns until your blue in the face, if your losing the LOS battle its a very tough to win games. If you TO the ball also your cooked. Giants have huge holes up front. When those get fixed we can talk about coaching. Funny... Coughlin outcoached Belichick twice. Eli has outplayed Farve, Garcia, Romo, Rogers, Ryan head to head in playoff games and won two titles but they stink the rest of the time.

Giants have drafted very poorly and had some bad injury breaks as well over the last 5+ years. Eli and Coughlin are not the problem. Reese needs to go if anyone.

Hopefully we can build this thing up right. Flowers was a good pick. So was Collins. They need a ton more. Losing JPP really hurts. No impact players on defense. Two on offense. After Eli and OBJ nobody scares you. Share Vereen is the next best player and he's a very poor man's Tiki Barber at best.

I thought Reese's drafts were phenomenal...wow..
2014 looks good. Odell is obviously a star and Richburg (last night's beatdown aside) looks like a rotation player at least.
2013 is there one standout player? Pugh is average. Hankins is OK. Moore is OK. No impact players
2012 David Wilson injured (not the GM's fault). Randle has been solid but inconsistent. Hosley is a backup rotation guy. No impact players
2011 Prince is never healthy, but he's good. Not elite by any standards. Marvin Austin at #2?, no impact players.
2010 JPP is great, after that its Linval Joseph #2 and gets worse after that.
2009 Nicks was a good pick and an impact player. Sintim did squat, and nothing after that.

I will pass on grading this year's draft as its too early. Prior 6 years and 6 drafts the impact players have been JPP, Odell, Nicks and Prince. Im sorry, but that stinks over all. Clint Sintim, Linval Joseph, Marvin Austin, Randle, Hankins and Richburg are the #2 picks and that is a terrible showing as well.

He drafted a few good players but his body of work is terrible. phenomenal? I have no idea what your watching. For a team that uses the draft to build their team he's been very bad. Terrible. Also can you name one big FA? Dwanye Harris and Vareen have been pretty good, before this year his FA signings have been pretty bad also. Again... body of work stinks, and its reflected in the record.

Unless you subscribe to Coughlin has forgotten how to coach and we are losing because of Eli's brainfarts.

If we hire a new coach but Reese stays I will puke.

The beatdown came from the right side Newhouse and Schwatz..Newhouse was brought in by the OC from GB..
D Line is missing their 2 best pass rushers in JPP and Ayers
The fact that the center and left side are all picks is saying something...
Collins and Flowers are good..Kinard is ok..Andre Williams is soft..
He also picked Bardshaw and Boss
Kenny Phillips, Terrell Thomas, Manningham, Arron Ross, Steve Smith, Michael Johnson got hurt but was good...

Reece was 08, so Boss and Bradshaw were Acorsi.

Yes.. some guys got hurt, but thats why every pick is important. We waste our #2 pick it seems every year, and his body of work since taking over is not good. Ayers is good. Who are the pro-bowl players he's drafted?

You cant magically coach marginal talent to playoff wins. You can win some games, but go back and reflect.. we won SBs with guys like Eli, Tuck, Strahan, Osi, Nicks, Plaxico, Jacobs, Bradshaw, Snee, OHara... now we have Eli and Odell and if they dont win the game for us it was bad coaching.

Address the massive drop in roster talent and lack of impact players and I will be happy to put Eli's play and the coaches under the microscope.

Reese drafted Bradshaw and Boss and also Victor Cruz...

Eli, Odell, Cruz, JPP, Ayers, Donnell, Beason, Vareen, Jennings, Prince, TE with leg infection, Randell, James Jones was cut and now blowing it up in GB....Fact it we should have won two games that we lost because of play calling and sideline decisions..You can't escape that..Sure better personnel will win more games but every team can say that..If you are ahead with minutes less and you mismanage the clock, you can't blame the GM...
Victor Cruz was a walk on, pretty sure Bradsaw and Boss were Acorsi in 2007.

Simple question.. is the talent on a par with the teams that won SBs? I dont see it as such no, not even close, and Reese as a lot of high picks that have yielded nothing. How many of his top 3 picks from the last 4 years are in the rotation?

I have seen this coach and QB win superbowls. Does that excuse their every mistake? Of course not. I have my complaints about both Eli and TC. They have also shown they can win.

Every team can also say "if we dont make mistakes we win."

How many mistakes did Philly make? We lost because they were better. The guys you named are fine. That is not a SB caliber team. Its average NFL.

If you want to blame the coaches or Eli thats fine. They have made mistakes. This is not a great team being poorly coached. This is an average team at best. What you see is what you get. No coach calls a perfect game or has perfect clock management. I will live with Eli's bad plays because his body of work says something much more.

What does Reece's body of work say? This team is poorly built. I see that as #1 problem. There is a lack of overall talent, and a huge lack of playmakers. If Eli and Beckham dont beat you nobody else is

Reese was the GM in 2007...He drafted Bradshaw, Boss, Steve Smith and Aaron Ross that year...

If Stahan, Tuck, Nicks and Pierce were out and injured, the Superbowl team would look pretty ****ty too and void of talent...

You can make a mistake, but how do u call not running the clock to 2 sec on each play a mistake...Also telling your team not to score, a mistake??..

I didnt say it wasnt. That is a mistake.

What I am saying is the Giants are mediocre, and they arent mediocre because of Eli's clock management or TC's play calling. They are mediocre because the talent has dropped significantly over the recent years. Eli and TC have shown they can outplay and outcoach the best in the games. They have a pair of rings to show for that.

What has Reece done since being hired that gives you such great confidence in his ability to build a team?

He has been utterly average. For every good pick I can name 2 that were terrible.

Injuries are part of the NFL.

Whats your stance? You want Reece here but Eli and TC gone? Tell me... All I have heard from you is praise on Reece's drafts, depsite the defense getting worse every year, poor FA signings and really one bigtime player drafted since he took over in Odell. Everything else has been either utterly average or poor.

No, I don't want Eli gone at all..I like Eli, but he makes poor decisions under stressful situations...I want to limit those decisions..So I want a Head Coach who can involve himself in those decision making, heck I'll even keep McAdoo...But your HC have to know when two guys in your head set is talking about not scoring a TD as a strategy, he has to speak up...

Here is my push back against the Giant players are mediocre...This is the best secondary we have had since I can't even remember...Giants spend their money on pass rush, QB, receivers and O-Line some what...They patch together their LB, RB and secondary..It's been their philosophy since Ernie Arccosi...Having a good secondary is a plus...The problem now is their two best pass rushers are down..No secondary corps in the NFL can defend WRs without a pass rush..Not in today's NFL...Our best defensive player who is worth 100 mil blew off his fingers with fireworks..Amazing..Ayers can't get on the field...Hankins and Jenkins can do the job up the middle..We have zero pass rushers...So from a coaching stand point you can't make mistakes managing the clock to put the defense back on the field in critical situations especially in two minute drills against Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, etc...It's not rocket science...We need a coach who can see the big picture and have the stones to intervene when stupid plays are being called...Bill Cowher...

well I agree the secondary is very good. Not elite but a very solid unit. The best in decades? Ill bite. Its backed up by the worst DLine we have had in decades also and the line backers are still warm bodies. Beason has good moments but as group they are average at best. If JPP was healthy and playing his best ball maybe, but there is no depth and nobody that scares you in the least after him.

Again though... your saying the coaches need to be perfect because the talent on the field is subpar. That's been the story for about 4-5 years now.

Hey.. maybe I am just being impatient with Reece, but there are a LOT of dud zero impact picks and total failure to replace any of the studs on the LOS.

I like Eli, but he makes poor decisions under stressful situations...
and that is why pass rushers are so coveted. Did you not watch the last 2 giant SBs? Tom Brady is one of the best QBs EVER, and we rendered him average and our on guy outplayed him. Bottom line is pressure ruins even the best QBs. The only exception is QBs who are also elite runners but they don't stay on the field, so pick your poison.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/20/2015  10:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2015  10:24 PM
Sack em all including Reece for all I care but yes Eli is irreplaceable because if with all the bonehead rookie mistakes he is still the one of the best QB's in the league when you factor in being a key contributor to 2 Super Bowls. We may not see another winning QB for another 20years once Eli is gone. Look at the Giants after Phil Sims and the Jets of course.

Patriots are the one team that consistently drafts well and even they've had some duds.
Green Bay plenty of duds
Denver NoShow Moreno? duds
So on and so forth

Reece drafting Tuck, Osi, Kiwi, Nicks, Randle, finding Cruz, JPP, Prince, Odell, Collins & Flowers is pretty damn good. Signing Rolle, Plaxico pretty good. A ton of dud signings as well. O

One constant is he really sucks at drafting O-Line. He usually overlooks a clear cut 10yr cornerstone lineman or over reaches for a stiff. Hopefully he finally hit with Flowers

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
10/20/2015  10:27 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Sack every line including Reece for all I care but yes Eli is irreplaceable because if with all the bonehead rookie mistakes he is still the one of the best QB's in the league when you factor in being a key contributor to 2 Super Bowls. We may not see another winning QB for another 20years once Eli is gone. Look at the Giants after Phil Sims and the Jets of course.

Patriots are the one team that consistently drafts well and even they've had some duds.
Green Bay plenty of duds
So on and so forth

Reece drafting Tuck, Osi, Kiwi, Nicks, Randle, finding Cruz, JPP, Prince, Odell, Collins & Flowers is pretty damn good. Signing Rolle, Plaxico pretty good. A ton of dud signings as well. O

One constant is he really sucks at drafting O-Line. He usually overlooks a clear cut 10yr cornerstone lineman or over reaches for a stiff. Hopefully he finally hit with Flowers

this is reese's flaw... his offensive linemen are not up to snuff.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/21/2015  10:23 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Sack em all including Reece for all I care but yes Eli is irreplaceable because if with all the bonehead rookie mistakes he is still the one of the best QB's in the league when you factor in being a key contributor to 2 Super Bowls. We may not see another winning QB for another 20years once Eli is gone. Look at the Giants after Phil Sims and the Jets of course.

Green Bay plenty of duds
So on and so forth

the best of the bunch you listed in Tuck, Osi and Plax were all Acorsi, not Reece. Kiwi was a first round pick who hung around a long time but was never a very high impact guy.

We went from having pro bowl caliber guys on the LOS to it being a weakness.

Flowers does look promising, but there are a LOT of warm bodies on this roster.

Eli has his dumb moments but anyone who doesnt look at his body of work and see he's a top QB in the league doesnt know the game. You can win SBs with this QB. He's a leader. He can win you games. He's clutch... if people want to focus on his negatives I dont know what to tell you.

holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

10/21/2015  10:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/21/2015  10:43 AM
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Sack em all including Reece for all I care but yes Eli is irreplaceable because if with all the bonehead rookie mistakes he is still the one of the best QB's in the league when you factor in being a key contributor to 2 Super Bowls. We may not see another winning QB for another 20years once Eli is gone. Look at the Giants after Phil Sims and the Jets of course.

Green Bay plenty of duds
So on and so forth

the best of the bunch you listed in Tuck, Osi and Plax were all Acorsi, not Reece. Kiwi was a first round pick who hung around a long time but was never a very high impact guy.

Eli has his dumb moments but anyone who doesnt look at his body of work and see he's a top QB in the league doesnt know the game. You can win SBs with this QB. He's a leader. He can win you games. He's clutch... if people want to focus on his negatives I dont know what to tell you.

Eli is not a leader by any stretch of the imagination...

gunsnewing
USA
10/21/2015  1:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/21/2015  1:50 PM
You are right Fish. It was so long ago I forgot. There are worst GM's than Reece though. Look at Miami, Buffalo, Oakland, St. Louis, Cleveland, Jackson, Tampa etc

Those guys all paid a part in the 2 Super Bowl wins and will always be held in high regard here. Sometimes it's time to move on and start fresh. It's inevitable anyway. What it is 4yrs missing the playoffs if they don't make it this year and Tom is 70. They will let him retire gracefully after the year tho batting another super bowl. This Coughlin/Mcadoo thing is not working. If the players like Mcadoo he will take the reigns but if I was a betting man he's a goner too. The players took the hit for Mcadoo not prepping Eli and the team of all the possibilities before the inexplicable delay of game. Yea Eli should've know after being in the league all these years but so should the coaches. I mean they don't work for free right?

fishmike
USA
10/21/2015  2:41 PM
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Green Bay plenty of duds
So on and so forth

then your clueless. Im sorry... but if you dont think Eli is a leader on that team, and has been a leader for many years including the SB seasons you really have been under a rock. Unless you know more than guys like Strahan, Osi, Snee, probowl caliber players who all talk about his leadership and have spent years playing with him... Seriously Eli isnt a leader? Please. Stop.. just stop.
fishmike
USA
10/21/2015  2:47 PM
gunsnewing wrote:You are right Fish. It was so long ago I forgot. There are worst GM's than Reece though. Look at Miami, Buffalo, Oakland, St. Louis, Cleveland, Jackson, Tampa etc

Those guys all paid a part in the 2 Super Bowl wins and will always be held in high regard here. Sometimes it's time to move on and start fresh. It's inevitable anyway. What it is 4yrs missing the playoffs if they don't make it this year and Tom is 70. They will let him retire gracefully after the year tho batting another super bowl. This Coughlin/Mcadoo thing is not working. If the players like Mcadoo he will take the reigns but if I was a betting man he's a goner too. The players took the hit for Mcadoo not prepping Eli and the team of all the possibilities before the inexplicable delay of game. Yea Eli should've know after being in the league all these years but so should the coaches. I mean they don't work for free right?

no thats fair... Reece isnt garbage. He's average. Agree... and the Giants are average. Im not a Reece hater, he just hasnt been that good. This is a team I expect a lot from. A top organization who's goal is to win SBs and field and elite team. Reece has not executed on that.

My beef on this whole thread is simply the team is mediocre. Its not fair to expect the QB and coach to be flawless to guide a mediocre team to a great season. It can happen and does, and it goes the other way as well. I thought Fassell took some mediocre teams on great runs, and had a couple really bad seasons with similar talented rosters.

Coughlin and Eli arent perfect, they are both plenty flawed. They have also shown they can hang with the very best in the business and beat them. Twice. Nothing means more in prosports than titles... and holfresh is saying Eli isnt a leader... SMH

gunsnewing
USA
10/21/2015  9:41 PM
I agree l. I think Tom is a great coach. Those guys didn't win 2 Superbowls by accident. However I think we can all agree that if the Giants have another disappointing year that it's would be time to move on. No one should be up in arms if that's what Mara decides. Like you said. It's about competing for Superbowls here. Every offseason they make the moves they feel are necessary to be in the mix but for whatever reason, too many injuries, lack of talent and depth, carelessness etc they keep missing out on the playoffs. End up a mediocre middle of the road team. Mostly mediocre 1st round draft picks. Mediocre draft position. Sounds a lot like the Yankees but not nearly as bad. At least we don't have a team made up of $25mil 40yr olds & DH's. They haven't made the playoffs Nevermind coming close to reaching their goals
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
10/21/2015  9:43 PM
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Green Bay plenty of duds
So on and so forth

then your clueless. Im sorry... but if you dont think Eli is a leader on that team, and has been a leader for many years including the SB seasons you really have been under a rock. Unless you know more than guys like Strahan, Osi, Snee, probowl caliber players who all talk about his leadership and have spent years playing with him... Seriously Eli isnt a leader? Please. Stop.. just stop.

at least he is consistent in conveying his values..

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
holfresh

10/22/2015  12:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2015  12:52 AM
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Green Bay plenty of duds
So on and so forth

Thats your leader of the Suberbowl team...

"I think everybody gets mixed up that a leader can only be on defense or offense but there is a leader for the team," Strahan said. "It is about who is going to step up and take the bulls by the horns and be the go-to guy that everybody can count on and the guy that when they have problems they can go to. You got to have that guy. I think they definitely miss that."

http://www.giants.com/videos/videos/Leadership-of-Michael-Strahan/01e237a9-e322-46c6-ad61-12906132e2ad

Brandon Jacobs was another leader..
"I think my ability to lead this team has been absolutely terrible. I have to pick myself up as the leader of this football team and take more responsibility on myself," Jacobs said following Big Blue's 31-24 victory over the Cowboys. "Vocally I felt like I wasn't where I was supposed to be, and guys weren't responding to me because I wasn't really trying that hard.

"I came into today's game, into this week, being more of a vocal leader and getting guys up on the offense and the defense ... the first half I did my best to keep our defense and our offense in it even though we were down 10-0. And we all came back."

Do I really need to pull up Tiki Barber's quote??

Everyone doesn't have to be a leader to be a good player or teammate..I don't get the need to make people seem like leaders who aren't...
blkexec
Member: #748
10/22/2015  1:29 AM
No DL...

No OL...

No WINS...

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
fishmike
USA
10/22/2015  8:59 AM
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Green Bay plenty of duds
So on and so forth

Thats your leader of the Suberbowl team...

"I think everybody gets mixed up that a leader can only be on defense or offense but there is a leader for the team," Strahan said. "It is about who is going to step up and take the bulls by the horns and be the go-to guy that everybody can count on and the guy that when they have problems they can go to. You got to have that guy. I think they definitely miss that."

http://www.giants.com/videos/videos/Leadership-of-Michael-Strahan/01e237a9-e322-46c6-ad61-12906132e2ad

Brandon Jacobs was another leader..
"I think my ability to lead this team has been absolutely terrible. I have to pick myself up as the leader of this football team and take more responsibility on myself," Jacobs said following Big Blue's 31-24 victory over the Cowboys. "Vocally I felt like I wasn't where I was supposed to be, and guys weren't responding to me because I wasn't really trying that hard.

"I came into today's game, into this week, being more of a vocal leader and getting guys up on the offense and the defense ... the first half I did my best to keep our defense and our offense in it even though we were down 10-0. And we all came back."

Do I really need to pull up Tiki Barber's quote??

Everyone doesn't have to be a leader to be a good player or teammate..I don't get the need to make people seem like leaders who aren't...
good job pulling up quotes from 10 years ago. Case closed.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/22/2015  1:39 PM
if we enter the playoffs as a wildcard, we are assured a superbowl win right?
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/22/2015  1:39 PM
if we enter the playoffs as a wildcard, we are assured a superbowl win right?
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
mreinman
Member: #3189

11/1/2015  2:01 PM
manning just made one of those wtf plays ... so wierd
so here is what phil is thinking ....
holfresh

11/1/2015  2:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/1/2015  2:04 PM
mreinman wrote:manning just made one of those wtf plays ... so wierd

Just said to myself..Another wtf Eli moment..Play before that, he ran out of the pocket with no immediate pressure on him..

holfresh

11/1/2015  2:25 PM
CD Wade for the Giants just got burnt for 3 TDs in the first half..Is that a record?
mreinman
Member: #3189

11/1/2015  2:27 PM
need to score here
so here is what phil is thinking ....
gunsnewing
USA
11/1/2015  2:29 PM
awful but we are still in it. Saints defense is also notorious for collapsing especially under Rob Ryan
OT: Eli Manning is bipolar

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy