Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/9/2015  9:17 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Nice to see Williams taking it to the rim, want to see more of that.

Seems to be able to do it at will.

So far so good for a guy I was not too happy getting.

Maybe Phil knew something I did not.

The price tag was his biggest drawback considering his production vs where he was picked in the draft. I doubt we would have cared much otherwise.

Yeah, we bid against ourselves for D-Will. He's scoring well tonight, but I'd still like to see him be more aggressive on the defensive backboard .

I agree.

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/9/2015  9:18 PM
Maybe now those who were Down on this team can see what the rest of us were seeing in terms of potential? I'm not as crazy as some may have thought 😜
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/9/2015  9:19 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Nice to see Williams taking it to the rim, want to see more of that.

The price tag was his biggest drawback considering his production vs where he was picked in the draft. I doubt we would have cared much otherwise.

Yeah, we bid against ourselves for D-Will. He's scoring well tonight, but I'd still like to see him be more aggressive on the defensive backboard .
He looks good and he is talented. If he puts it together the Knicks got a steal
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/9/2015  9:22 PM
Atkins looks small out there .
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
OldFan
Member: #446
10/9/2015  9:24 PM
This team only has one star - but plenty of guys who look like they deserve playing time. So far, there are 11 guys I think deserve playing time, it will be interesting to see the rotation Fish settles on.
nixluva
USA
10/9/2015  9:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

This is a perfect system for him. It fits his strengths to a Tee. He's a great off ball mover and he can slash and drive, run the floor and score over the top. The guy should be able to thrive in this style. This is exactly what I expect from him if he dedicates himself to playing with energy every night.

CrushAlot
USA
10/9/2015  9:25 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Atkins looks small out there .

He does. I think the Knicks either keep Thanasis or sign a guy cut from another team. I think Atkins, Saunders, and Trice are playing at the county center.
nixluva
USA
10/9/2015  9:27 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Atkins looks small out there .

He does. I think the Knicks either keep Thanasis or sign a guy cut from another team. I think Atkins, Saunders, and Trice are playing at the county center.

This roster is deep and there's no room at the inn. Say a LOT about the roster Phil has put together.

GustavBahler

10/9/2015  9:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/9/2015  9:28 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

All depends on his motor. If Williams can keep this up throughout the season then yes, it will be a steal. I know some folks want him to start but I believe we should keep Williams and O'Quinn on the bench. If they can keep this up they would give the Knicks a real punch off the bench.

Clean
Member: #743
10/9/2015  9:28 PM
I like this Knicks team. We have some important pieces that were missing for many years. We have some players who can and will drive to the hoop. We have some good passers. We have good defenders and we have good shooters. I don't know how many games we will win but this is a team I can watch every game.
GustavBahler

10/9/2015  9:32 PM
Clean wrote:I like this Knicks team. We have some important pieces that were missing for many years. We have some players who can and will drive to the hoop. We have some good passers. We have good defenders and we have good shooters. I don't know how many games we will win but this is a team I can watch every game.

Yeah watchable, that would be a big improvement.

nixluva
USA
10/9/2015  9:35 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Clean wrote:I like this Knicks team. We have some important pieces that were missing for many years. We have some players who can and will drive to the hoop. We have some good passers. We have good defenders and we have good shooters. I don't know how many games we will win but this is a team I can watch every game.

This team is more than just watchable IMO. I've been saying this team has the kind of talent that should allow them to be a playoff team if they give full effort. It's a deep team in terms of quality players. It's a hard working team that has a tough disposition and not the same soft team we saw last year. That's going to go a long way to being competitive on most nights. The team is much smarter too. If Melo stays healthy this is a playoff team IMO.

CrushAlot
USA
10/9/2015  9:47 PM
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

This team is more than just watchable IMO. I've been saying this team has the kind of talent that should allow them to be a playoff team if they give full effort. It's a deep team in terms of quality players. It's a hard working team that has a tough disposition and not the same soft team we saw last year. That's going to go a long way to being competitive on most nights. The team is much smarter too. If Melo stays healthy this is a playoff team IMO.

I agree. I think about guys that were just capable in the past that had big roles (I.e. cope, shawne, kmart, Novak etc.) and I think guys like O'quinn, Williams, Seraphin, and Vujacic are huge upgrades. And the Knicks have some talented first and second year guys like gallo, grant, Porzingis, and Eary. I think Early is looking a lot more like a future rotation player.
GustavBahler

10/9/2015  9:49 PM
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I made a passing comment about the team being unwatchable in the past, dont try to turn that into my playoff prediction for the Knicks because I have said that they have the talent to get there. You are making it hard for me to continue responding to your posts. This superfan stuff is wearing thin.

CrushAlot
USA
10/9/2015  9:55 PM
Melo on Porzingis, ' he's Kristaps man, one thing he doesn't lack is confidence. '. Believe it!!!
holfresh
Member: #1081

10/9/2015  9:56 PM
Good win..Think we need to concentrate on defense tho..I can't get too high on this game but we did beat Washington..We spent more money on our bench players than Washington so we finished better..Going to be interesting seeing the rotation..
nixluva
USA
10/9/2015  9:59 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I made a passing comment about the team being unwatchable in the past, dont try to turn that into my playoff prediction for the Knicks because I have said that they have the talent to get there. You are making it hard for me to continue responding to your posts. This superfan stuff is wearing thin.

I didn't F'n attack you or say something nasty to you!!! I made a statement. You don't have to like me. I'm just stating what I felt and I'm not a mind reader!!! Perhaps you missed all the negative ISH that has been spewed around here all summer. So forgive me for seeing a somewhat negative statement and responding. Just being "watchable" isn't a ringing endorsement. Would you consider that a complement if someone said that about you? If you like the team great. I'm just stating what i've been saying all summer so you should be used to it by now. No harm. No foul.
GustavBahler

10/9/2015  10:13 PM
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I didn't F'n attack you or say something nasty to you!!! I made a statement. You don't have to like me. I'm just stating what I felt and I'm not a mind reader!!! Perhaps you missed all the negative ISH that has been spewed around here all summer. So forgive me for seeing a somewhat negative statement and responding. Just being "watchable" isn't a ringing endorsement. Would you consider that a complement if someone said that about you? If you like the team great. I'm just stating what i've been saying all summer so you should be used to it by now. No harm. No foul.

No you didnt attack me. You annoyed me. You annoyed me because you used my comment to suggest that I did not believe the Knicks could make the playoffs. Ive seen too much of what Ive written showing up in your posts verbatim for you not to know what Ive been writing about the Knicks chances this year.

nixluva
USA
10/9/2015  10:24 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

No you didnt attack me. You annoyed me. You annoyed me because you used my comment to suggest that I did not believe the Knicks could make the playoffs. Ive seen too much of what Ive written showing up in your posts verbatim for you not to know what Ive been writing about the Knicks chances this year.

Look it's over. I wasn't killing you. What I wrote was SUPER TAME and not a personal attack. Your taking it personal and being annoyed isn't my responsibility. I just responded to the statement you made which wasn't a positive sounding statement in any way. I wasn't thinking about your past statements at the time. I don't necessarily have a mental rolodex for everyone on the forum. In any event it wasn't a big deal what I wrote. I kept it about the Knicks and not you.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/9/2015  10:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/9/2015  10:35 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

All depends on his motor. If Williams can keep this up throughout the season then yes, it will be a steal. I know some folks want him to start but I believe we should keep Williams and O'Quinn on the bench. If they can keep this up they would give the Knicks a real punch off the bench.

I'm taking applications for apoligies from those who doubted him and brushed off my optimism in regard ls to the singing of DW. Take a number and get in line Mreinman. Picking up right where he left off last year

Game Thread: NYK vs WAS

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy