USA
10/9/2015  8:07 PM
MELO, ROLO and KP looking good tonight.
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/9/2015  8:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/9/2015  8:10 PM
Ball movement is better. Grant needs to work on his lateral movement on D. He does a great job of keeping his dribble and finds teammates almost effortlessly. Its only preseason but the sooner Grant gets to run the first team the better.

I agree that Williams looks better than expected. Melo's stroke looks really good. Porzingis isn't forcing the issue, hasnt had too many good looks or plays run for him. Looks more comfortable out there though.

Not feelin' Lance Thomas. O'Quinn looks better suited coming off the bench.

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
10/9/2015  8:11 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Ball movement is better. Grant needs to work on his lateral movement on D. He does a great job of keepng his dribble and finds teammates almost effortlessly. Its only preseason but the sooner Grant gets to run the first team the better.

I agree that Williams looks better than expected. Melo's stroke looks really good. Porzingis isn't forcing the issue, hasnt had too many good looks or plays run for him. Looks more comfortable out there though.

Agree with all points. Also, Porzingis looks a lot bigger then he did in the summer league.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/9/2015  8:12 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Ball movement is better. Grant needs to work on his lateral movement on D. He does a great job of keeping his dribble and finds teammates almost effortlessly. Its only preseason but the sooner Grant gets to run the first team the better.

Actually thought the second unit was not moving enough at times. A lot of standing around on the perimeter, at times.

Limited use of the Triangle, from what I can see.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

10/9/2015  8:13 PM
nixluva wrote:MELO, ROLO and KP looking good tonight.

Calderon has also looked better...at least his shot.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/9/2015  8:13 PM
This is pretty much what I was expecting to see start to develop. Theirs a long way to go but you can see the signs of a very competitive team brewing. If this team can develop defensive chemistry they can be better than many pundits expected.
nixluva
USA
10/9/2015  8:15 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:

He's doing what he's always done with the exception of last year. Just gotta keep him healthy and not overuse him.
GustavBahler

10/9/2015  8:17 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Ball movement is better. Grant needs to work on his lateral movement on D. He does a great job of keeping his dribble and finds teammates almost effortlessly. Its only preseason but the sooner Grant gets to run the first team the better.

Actually thought the second unit was not moving enough at times. A lot of standing around on the perimeter, at times.

I saw Grant driving and kicking the ball out to guys on the perimeter but they weren't connecting. Overall I thought the ball moved better with less ISOs.

CrushAlot
USA
10/9/2015  8:18 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:

He definitely looks better tonight and hs shooting could really help the team. Casey raved about him as a leader. Hopefully being healthy he can be an asset as a leader also.
WaltLongmire

10/9/2015  8:18 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Ball movement is better. Grant needs to work on his lateral movement on D. He does a great job of keepng his dribble and finds teammates almost effortlessly. Its only preseason but the sooner Grant gets to run the first team the better.

Agree with all points. Also, Porzingis looks a lot bigger then he did in the summer league.

Much more active around the basket. Did a lot of good boxing out. Actually saw him shove Gortat in the back.

Should have dunked on the short shot he missed. Still needs to work on his footwork around the basket.

We are really playing the zone, and he has to have a better idea of how much distance he can leave his opponent when he is protecting down low.

CrushAlot
USA
10/9/2015  8:21 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Much more active around the basket. Did a lot of good boxing out. Actually saw him shove Gortat in the back.

Should have dunked on the short shot he missed. Still needs to work on his footwork around the basket.

We are really playing the zone, and he has to have a better idea of how much distance he can leave his opponent when he is protecting down low.

Yeah but he is so long. When he stepped out for the turnover it didn't look like he was even close to the line.
WaltLongmire

10/9/2015  8:22 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

I saw Grant driving and kicking the ball out to guys on the perimeter but they weren't connecting. Overall I thought the ball moved better with less ISOs.

Very few classic ISOs...this was definitely true.
nixluva
USA
10/9/2015  8:22 PM
I can only imagine how good KP will be when he learns more about playing as a true big man. You can tell it's not something he's had to do a lot up to this point. He can pick up a lot playing with RoLo and KOQ.
WaltLongmire

10/9/2015  8:23 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Yeah but he is so long. When he stepped out for the turnover it didn't look like he was even close to the line.

I'll channel my inner Briggs and say that we might not want to have him operating out there too often.

nixluva
USA
10/9/2015  8:24 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Very few classic ISOs...this was definitely true.

This is closer to how we should've been running the offense. Just constant motion n passing.
CrushAlot
USA
10/9/2015  8:25 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I'll channel my inner Briggs and say that we might not want to have him operating out there too often.

So far he appears more effective from outside in my opinion.
GustavBahler

10/9/2015  8:29 PM
7'3 and can shoot off the dribble
WaltLongmire

10/9/2015  8:30 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

He just made a shot to shut me up...shot fake, drive, short J...slick for a guy his size.
WaltLongmire

10/9/2015  8:32 PM
GustavBahler wrote:7'3 and can shoot off the dribble

Yeah...pretty ridiculous move.

Very Shawn Bradley like.

nixluva
USA
10/9/2015  8:34 PM
maybe now the doubters can relax and start to believe? I don't look so crazy now!
Game Thread: NYK vs WAS

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy