[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Calderon is going to kill us
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/9/2015  12:53 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:IDK, phil has a lot of faith in his abilities, and as we all saw, he wouldn't hesitate to get rid of him for a 2nd rounder if it didn't seem to have a positive impact.

I think he's timing is off from not playing that much in the last 12 months, not to mention new teammates I'm willing to give him a thoro look before making any trade, unless someone comes knocking with a "can't miss" trade offer

How do we know Phil has faith I. His abilities now? I'm sure he did when he made the trade but after the way he played last year?

He said so over the summer

ES
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/9/2015  1:07 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:IDK, phil has a lot of faith in his abilities, and as we all saw, he wouldn't hesitate to get rid of him for a 2nd rounder if it didn't seem to have a positive impact.

I think he's timing is off from not playing that much in the last 12 months, not to mention new teammates I'm willing to give him a thoro look before making any trade, unless someone comes knocking with a "can't miss" trade offer

How do we know Phil has faith I. His abilities now? I'm sure he did when he made the trade but after the way he played last year?

Really. That's kinda of scary if he really meant it but I doubt he did

StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

10/9/2015  2:17 PM
Nothing against calderon because he seems like a good guy/leader BUT i hated the move from day one. I felt the same way about the bargnani trade although that was worse. My biggest issue was the contract. If it was a expiring contract it wouldnt be bad but having 16 million tied up in calderon the next two years might cost us a better free agent even with the cap going up. Truthfully i feel grant will be better even as a rookie so that cap hit hurts even more. I just felt it was unecessary and having a good young talent like grant makes it more so
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/9/2015  4:15 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Nothing against calderon because he seems like a good guy/leader BUT i hated the move from day one. I felt the same way about the bargnani trade although that was worse. My biggest issue was the contract. If it was a expiring contract it wouldnt be bad but having 16 million tied up in calderon the next two years might cost us a better free agent even with the cap going up. Truthfully i feel grant will be better even as a rookie so that cap hit hurts even more. I just felt it was unecessary and having a good young talent like grant makes it more so

When the deal was done Jose was coming off very good performances. We had no idea at the time that we'd end up with a PG like Jerian. We all know Jerian is the future and Jose was not brought in to be the final solution at PG. All we need is a solid year from Jose as a backup and he'd be fine. I really don't regret a thing since it led to this current roster, which I like. My desired starting lineup had Jerian in it so hopefully that's what we see and if Jose can give us solid minutes off the bench then it's all good IMO.
knicks1248
10/9/2015  9:45 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

10 points, 7 asst tonight in 21 min, phil meant what he said. He's really a solid fit in this system

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/9/2015  9:49 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

10 points, 7 asst tonight in 21 min, phil meant what he said. He's really a solid fit in this system

Yep. And he is a leader.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/9/2015  10:03 PM
Eh I need to see him do this in the regular season for an extended period of time
nixluva
USA
10/9/2015  10:07 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Yep. And he is a leader.

A healthy Calderon would be huge for this team. It takes pressure off Jerian to have to do more than he is ready for. Now if Jose can play well it makes life easier for our young guards. I like what Sasha is giving us as well. Guys don't have to be great just play solid and it makes a huge difference. I think having RoLo and KP behind him could really help him as well. The more chemistry they can develop the better. They looked more in tune tonight.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/9/2015  10:08 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Eh I need to see him do this in the regular season for an extended period of time

I agree that he needs to show that he is back to the player he was pre- injury. But tonight was a lt better than Wednesday. He seems like the right guy to transition Grant int the starting point for the Knicks.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
USA
10/9/2015  10:18 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Eh I need to see him do this in the regular season for an extended period of time

I agree that he needs to show that he is back to the player he was pre- injury. But tonight was a lt better than Wednesday. He seems like the right guy to transition Grant int the starting point for the Knicks.

Yeah of course it goes without saying that Jose has to do it for longer than one night. I think tho that really his biggest issue was the poor health. When he was feeling good last year he had some good games, but once his leg gave him trouble again it was a real drag on his performance. He just has to play well long enough to let Jerian develop and get the hang of things. He won't have to carry too much of the load with Jerian and Gallo. At his age Jose is gonna have a point in the year where he slows down and hopefully at that point Jerian will be ready.
knicks1248
10/9/2015  10:41 PM
Both pg's can have a major impact if put in the right situation, with the right line up. Sasha and calderon can work well together, and galloway and grant seem like the work well together.

I think giving the experience, you would prefer to start calderone and affalo, it's easier for 2 young guys to come off the bench with energy and a quicker pace. Sasha is a wild card if affalo or galloway are having off night, or you wanna play small ball, he's your sniper, your fill in.

ES
Calderon is going to kill us

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy