[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Matt Barnes attacks Knicks coach Fisher for dating ex-wife..
Topic LOCKED
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Posts: 55075
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 2/24/2002
Member: #215
USA
10/9/2015  10:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/9/2015  6:30 PM
They were clearly both wrong.

Barnes for losing his mind and assaulting the gold digging hoe and Fisher when she is no longer his property legally.

Fisher for being stupid and irresponsible and lying to the team about needing to take the day to fly to LA to see his kids.
Now let's say that was his original intention and one thing led to another and he wound up at her house for a gathering. As the head coach of the New York Knicks, who are in a critical phase of trying to build a professional winning culture from scratch. Meaning that we have a lot of young guys who need to be steered in the right direction and shown how to be a pro on and off the court especially playing and living in NY. The coach is the last guy you want to see involved in this kind of scandal. Especially when he is trying to do everything to prove himself as a worthy head coach after a dismal 17win season.

Like it or not the players can say they are cool with it after he spoke to them but make no mistake. They question his commitment to the team now. Like others have said if this was a player who flew cross country to hang out with his ex teammates ex-wife in the middle of training camp when he had all summer to take care of his personal business, that player would get roasted and his teammates and coaches would question his commitment to the team. Then he would be made an example of and disciples by the team. It would be made clear to the team that you are either all in or you are out. Hopefully that player will learn from his mistake and become a better teammate. However, this isn't so simple because this is your head coach. You can't discipline your head coach and leader! Your coach needs to be invested in the team and be all in. The damage is done. How can Fisher discipline his players now when they are late for practice?

Bottom line is he needs to show major improvement in his coaching now. This team needs win more than they lose or least have a team that gives 100% every single night. Because when they struggle and are in the middle of a long losing streak or worst they have another laughingstock year THIS scandal will Be used as further proof that he is not headcoaching material and leader. Which ultimately will led to him being canned. To which he probably wouldn't even blat an eye because not only was he never 100% all in and committed to coaching this team but he walks away with a boatload of money even with a buyout. Some coaches that actually do their time trenches and climb up the ladder with aspirations of becoming headcoaches never get a chance. When they do break through they are ecstatic for beinbt given the chance despite making peanuts. Let's never forget that Fisher did not have to go through the trenches. Phil had Dolan hand him a 5yr $25mil contract right out of the gate which was absurd to begin with. And this is how he repays them? He is the highest paid coach in the league! You have hall of fame coaches making half as much. Not a good look at all but win and all is forgotten

AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Posts: 37827
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/14/2010
Member: #3189

10/9/2015  11:05 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:
Nalod wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:Since we're Knicks fans, this is a Knicks forum, and alot of us have lived or are living in NY....this is 100000000000000000000000% about the man that's coach of the Knicks.

We don't care about Barnes fake tough guy tantrum routines.....we care that Knicks coach Derek Fisher was part of it.

It always takes 2 to tango, in this case 3, but for Knicks concern, it's about Fisher bringing an unnecessary circus to town...

Reminds me of the time Kris Humphries dated Kim Kardashian....he was never able to live that down!

Dated? He married that Skank!

Where is the circus around the team? You think there not a lot of distractions with every team with multimilliare ball players? Dirk was engaged to a felon, DRose being accused of rape, Harden wears the wrong sneakers, Durant a free agent and lord knows what else that don't hit the media but real life stuff!

Jason Kidd had lots of drama in his career and did just fine. Spree was the king of chaos!!! "Great team mate" but sometimes he'd leave Cali and make a few stops on his way to camp in NY. Maybe he make it, maybe he don't.

But coach has a drama ex husband confrontation and some think the knicks are all up in arms about it. Basically, the players really don't freaking care about it. Do you car if one of your co-workers or boss has a girlfriend problem?

I would care more if one of Fish's kids got real sick again, then he'd be distracted. Go Go Gloria is a nice piece, but we talking about a media event, cuz if it was not barnes, it would not be on TV.

"The revolution will not be televised" but it seems everything else is!!!

Sure seems like alot of distraction based on the UltimateKnicks home page!

Hopefully they can get this out of their systems before the season starts like the New York Jets did. Jets had teammates punching out other teammates, teammates getting suspended for weed, teammates doing 143MPH in a Bentley with a 12 year old with weed and automatic weapons while resisting arrest from the cops...

If the Jets can power through drama that bad, maybe the Knicks can too!

LOL!

Yeah ... nobody cares at all

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Nalod
Posts: 54079
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
10/9/2015  1:04 PM
gunsnewing wrote:They were clearly both wrong.

Barnes for losing his mind and assaulting the gold digging hoe and Fisher when she is no longer his property legally.

Fisher for being stupid and irresponsible and lying to the team about needing to take the day to fly to LA to see his kids.
Now let's say that was his original intention and one thing led to another and he wound up at her house for a gathering. As the head coach of the New York Knicks, who are in a critical phase of trying to build a professional winning culture from scratch. Meaning that we have a lot of young guys who need to be steered in the right direction and shown how to be a pro on and off the court especially playing and living in NY. The coach is the last guy you want to see involved in this kind of scandal. Especially when he is trying to do everything to prove himself as a worthybnba head coach after a dismal 17win season. Like it or not the players can say they are cool with it after he spoke to them but make no mistake. They question his commitment to the team now. Like others have said if this was a player who flew cross country to hang out with his ex teammates ex-wife in the middle of training camp when he had all summer to take care of his personal business, that player would get roasted and his teammates and coaches would question his commitment to the team. Then he would be made an example of and disciples by the team. It would be made clear to the team that you are either all in or you are out. Hopefully that player will learn from his mistake and become a better teammate. However, this isn't so simple because this is your head coach. You can't discipline your head coach and leader! Your coach needs to be invested in the team and be all in. The damage is done. How can Fisher discipline his players now when they are late for practice?

Bottom line is he needs to show major improvement in his coaching now. This team needs win more than they lose or least have a team that gives 100% every single night. Because when they struggle and are in the middle of a long losing streak or worst they have another laughingstock year THIS scandal will Be used as further proof that he is not headcoaching material and leader. Which ultimately will led to him being canned. To which he probably wouldn't even blat an eye because not only was he never 100% all in and committed to coaching this team but he walks away with a boatload of money even with a buyout. Some coaches that actually do their time trenches and climb up the ladder with aspirations of becoming headcoaches never get a chance. When they do break through they are ecstatic for beinbt given the chance despite making peanuts. Let's never forget that Fisher did not have to go through the trenches. Phil had Dolan hand him a 5yr $25mil contract right out of the gate which was absurd to begin with. And this is how he repays them? He is the highest paid coach in the league! You have hall of fame coaches making half as much. Not a good look at all

Do you know he did not see his kids AND make the booty call?

I guess it matters that he make that call if they won 40 games last year? Would he be a better coach, or would it have spoken to the talent on the roster?

Anger sells, don't buy!
smackeddog
Posts: 32464
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
10/9/2015  1:17 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
Nalod wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:Since we're Knicks fans, this is a Knicks forum, and alot of us have lived or are living in NY....this is 100000000000000000000000% about the man that's coach of the Knicks.

We don't care about Barnes fake tough guy tantrum routines.....we care that Knicks coach Derek Fisher was part of it.

It always takes 2 to tango, in this case 3, but for Knicks concern, it's about Fisher bringing an unnecessary circus to town...

Reminds me of the time Kris Humphries dated Kim Kardashian....he was never able to live that down!

Dated? He married that Skank!

Where is the circus around the team? You think there not a lot of distractions with every team with multimilliare ball players? Dirk was engaged to a felon, DRose being accused of rape, Harden wears the wrong sneakers, Durant a free agent and lord knows what else that don't hit the media but real life stuff!

Jason Kidd had lots of drama in his career and did just fine. Spree was the king of chaos!!! "Great team mate" but sometimes he'd leave Cali and make a few stops on his way to camp in NY. Maybe he make it, maybe he don't.

But coach has a drama ex husband confrontation and some think the knicks are all up in arms about it. Basically, the players really don't freaking care about it. Do you car if one of your co-workers or boss has a girlfriend problem?

I would care more if one of Fish's kids got real sick again, then he'd be distracted. Go Go Gloria is a nice piece, but we talking about a media event, cuz if it was not barnes, it would not be on TV.

"The revolution will not be televised" but it seems everything else is!!!

Sure seems like alot of distraction based on the UltimateKnicks home page!

Hopefully they can get this out of their systems before the season starts like the New York Jets did. Jets had teammates punching out other teammates, teammates getting suspended for weed, teammates doing 143MPH in a Bentley with a 12 year old with weed and automatic weapons while resisting arrest from the cops...

If the Jets can power through drama that bad, maybe the Knicks can too!

Honestly half of the Knick beat writers should get a job covering Days of Our Lives- they seem much more interested in that kind of **** than actual basketball.

GustavBahler
Posts: 32941
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

10/9/2015  1:26 PM
As others have said, I dont care about Barnes, this is a big distraction going into camp. If this rebuilt roster doesn't play with heart this season, then I hope Fisher is sent packing. Fisher can take his drama to LA where it belongs.
foosballnick
Posts: 20753
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/17/2010
Member: #3148

10/9/2015  1:58 PM
mreinman wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Nalod wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:Since we're Knicks fans, this is a Knicks forum, and alot of us have lived or are living in NY....this is 100000000000000000000000% about the man that's coach of the Knicks.

We don't care about Barnes fake tough guy tantrum routines.....we care that Knicks coach Derek Fisher was part of it.

It always takes 2 to tango, in this case 3, but for Knicks concern, it's about Fisher bringing an unnecessary circus to town...

Reminds me of the time Kris Humphries dated Kim Kardashian....he was never able to live that down!

Dated? He married that Skank!

Where is the circus around the team? You think there not a lot of distractions with every team with multimilliare ball players? Dirk was engaged to a felon, DRose being accused of rape, Harden wears the wrong sneakers, Durant a free agent and lord knows what else that don't hit the media but real life stuff!

Jason Kidd had lots of drama in his career and did just fine. Spree was the king of chaos!!! "Great team mate" but sometimes he'd leave Cali and make a few stops on his way to camp in NY. Maybe he make it, maybe he don't.

But coach has a drama ex husband confrontation and some think the knicks are all up in arms about it. Basically, the players really don't freaking care about it. Do you car if one of your co-workers or boss has a girlfriend problem?

I would care more if one of Fish's kids got real sick again, then he'd be distracted. Go Go Gloria is a nice piece, but we talking about a media event, cuz if it was not barnes, it would not be on TV.

"The revolution will not be televised" but it seems everything else is!!!

Sure seems like alot of distraction based on the UltimateKnicks home page!

Hopefully they can get this out of their systems before the season starts like the New York Jets did. Jets had teammates punching out other teammates, teammates getting suspended for weed, teammates doing 143MPH in a Bentley with a 12 year old with weed and automatic weapons while resisting arrest from the cops...

If the Jets can power through drama that bad, maybe the Knicks can too!

LOL!

Yeah ... nobody cares at all

That's cool. To each his own. You can sit back and sip some cream sherry, flip on TMZ, read the slow news day articles from Berman, Isola or blog writers and get caught up in all the drama like some chic watching a soap opera........while I grab a beer, check my investments, hoop with my kids, set up my team on Draft Kings, catch the game on the tube and check out the stats online.

ChuckBuck
Posts: 28851
Alba Posts: 11
Joined: 1/3/2012
Member: #3806
USA
10/9/2015  2:24 PM
foosballnick wrote:

That's cool. To each his own. You can sit back and sip some cream sherry, flip on TMZ, read the slow news day articles from Berman, Isola or blog writers and get caught up in all the drama like some chic watching a soap opera........while I grab a beer, check my investments, hoop with my kids, set up my team on Draft Kings, catch the game on the tube and check out the stats online.

Who you got on Draft Kings this week? This might be my last week playing with that insider trading hub bub about to burst this bubble!

Nalod
Posts: 54079
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
10/9/2015  4:35 PM
GustavBahler wrote:As others have said, I dont care about Barnes, this is a big distraction going into camp. If this rebuilt roster doesn't play with heart this season, then I hope Fisher is sent packing. Fisher can take his drama to LA where it belongs.

1. Camp already started.
2. are you in camp? you know its a "Big" distraction? Im thinking its a distraction to Fish's kids. Maybe their grades this quarter might slip. Its a distraction.
You think in practice they are doing drills and thinking about Gloria? You think they are going over video from a scrimmage and zoning out cuz they are in the drama of it all?

Or, you don't like fish and think some mystical coach could have done so much better with the roster last year?

Personally I don't care about his personal life and "reported" way he blindsided his wife. I don't care to follow domestic stuff like this this. If the man can't coach I trust Phil will fix it by any means.
Until then Im not going to pretend I know things about the knicks, their coach or president. I players are distracted by personal tragedy, not this.

Anger sells, don't buy!
GustavBahler
Posts: 32941
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

10/9/2015  5:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/9/2015  5:35 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:As others have said, I dont care about Barnes, this is a big distraction going into camp. If this rebuilt roster doesn't play with heart this season, then I hope Fisher is sent packing. Fisher can take his drama to LA where it belongs.

1. Camp already started.
2. are you in camp? you know its a "Big" distraction? Im thinking its a distraction to Fish's kids. Maybe their grades this quarter might slip. Its a distraction.
You think in practice they are doing drills and thinking about Gloria? You think they are going over video from a scrimmage and zoning out cuz they are in the drama of it all?

Or, you don't like fish and think some mystical coach could have done so much better with the roster last year?

Personally I don't care about his personal life and "reported" way he blindsided his wife. I don't care to follow domestic stuff like this this. If the man can't coach I trust Phil will fix it by any means.
Until then Im not going to pretend I know things about the knicks, their coach or president. I players are distracted by personal tragedy, not this.

Right, the head coach gets into a fight with an NBA player, makes news worldwide, and you believe that isnt a distraction for the Knicks? Are you ****ing kidding me?

As for getting a "mythical coach", how about one who can manage better than the worst record in franchise history. Is that too much to ask?

You want to keep defending a man who has shown absolutely nothing as a coach, as a leader, since joining this team, you go right ahead, knock yourself out. Spend another week in this thread talking about how you dont care about this story.

gunsnewing
Posts: 55075
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 2/24/2002
Member: #215
USA
10/9/2015  9:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/9/2015  9:57 PM
You know what? It is possible that this scandal is a blessing. Maybe We get a positive reaction out of Fish. Maybe this propels him to kick it up a notch and really take his job seriously. Maybe he has it in him to prove that he is all in and will do whatever it takes to get this team to win. Sometimes you need a little adversity to help you see the big picture
CrushAlot
Posts: 55242
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
10/9/2015  10:02 PM
gunsnewing wrote:You know what? It is possible that this scandal is a blessing. Maybe We get a positive reaction out of Fish. Maybe this propels him to kick it up a notch and really take his job seriously. Maybe he has it in him to prove that he is all in and will do whatever it takes to get this team to win. Sometimes you need a little adversity to help you see the big picture

I think he always was very serious about his job but I agree that he might be even more focused in on his job.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
gunsnewing
Posts: 55075
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 2/24/2002
Member: #215
USA
10/9/2015  10:13 PM
Yea it's like anything in life. You make mistakes. Let's say you have a drinking problem like C.C. Sabathia and your wife who you love gives you an ultimatum, clean up or I am leaving you. The shock of reality can propel you to do something you never thought was possible and come out of it a better person. Someone who's seen rock bottom and knows things can only go up from here and anything is possible if you really want to achieve it
Nalod
Posts: 54079
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
10/10/2015  1:36 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:As others have said, I dont care about Barnes, this is a big distraction going into camp. If this rebuilt roster doesn't play with heart this season, then I hope Fisher is sent packing. Fisher can take his drama to LA where it belongs.

1. Camp already started.
2. are you in camp? you know its a "Big" distraction? Im thinking its a distraction to Fish's kids. Maybe their grades this quarter might slip. Its a distraction.
You think in practice they are doing drills and thinking about Gloria? You think they are going over video from a scrimmage and zoning out cuz they are in the drama of it all?

Or, you don't like fish and think some mystical coach could have done so much better with the roster last year?

Personally I don't care about his personal life and "reported" way he blindsided his wife. I don't care to follow domestic stuff like this this. If the man can't coach I trust Phil will fix it by any means.
Until then Im not going to pretend I know things about the knicks, their coach or president. I players are distracted by personal tragedy, not this.

Right, the head coach gets into a fight with an NBA player, makes news worldwide, and you believe that isnt a distraction for the Knicks? Are you ****ing kidding me?

As for getting a "mythical coach", how about one who can manage better than the worst record in franchise history. Is that too much to ask?

You want to keep defending a man who has shown absolutely nothing as a coach, as a leader, since joining this team, you go right ahead, knock yourself out. Spend another week in this thread talking about how you dont care about this story.

Nobody got hurt, so where was the fight?
That was last season. Its over. Roster overhauled. Lets see what he can coach going forward.
Has 4 years left on his deal. He is not going anywhere. You sound like we should fire him over this. He was bought in to learn and grow on the job.

Defending logic. 8 coaches in like 15 years is bad enough. Looks like his team quit on him already? it appears the only ones "distracted" are a few knick fans who confuse change with improvement.

17 wins with last years team? Yeah, he gets a pass. Why? He was not the problem.

Anger sells, don't buy!
gunsnewing
Posts: 55075
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 2/24/2002
Member: #215
USA
10/10/2015  1:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/10/2015  1:50 AM
Look tbey ****ed up. It happens. They are human. It's what happens next that matters
DJMUSIC
Posts: 22489
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/30/2007
Member: #1283

11/7/2015  7:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/7/2015  7:41 AM

Well after Knickerbockers 0-3 MSG Home loss season start, Last night 11/6 LOSS to BUCKS
I've seen a freaking ENOUGH of Knick Coach Derek "Low class" Fisher as Knick coach.
Way way too much of coach Fisher private personal business been in media from March through
current date today November 2015.

How can a coach ? ? ? ? focus or plan to build success with that crap.

I don't want this man to finish here as our coach this season & DJ feels stronger than ever know,
this post sums up nicely that the PRO job drama mixed in with person Sh_t does not cut it!
Especially when you're trying to WIN in best city in world NY.

Fisher sloppy divorce, manner he moved out on his prior wife shouldn't been public period, BLAME FISHER.

Derek Fisher likely earns little respect with younger players also with the Matt Barnes "ass kick" drama of October 2015.
How this goes away ? you simply win games you suppose to win. HOME Games vs non-elite teams

We can't win vs Milw. Bucks at our home gym is bad sign, especially with an improved team here.

Maybe Derek didn't get his "ass " Kicked as much as reported in his woman drama.
Perhaps Derek needed more of Ass kicking (though unprofessional) SO he can do Knick coaching job better.

Fisher won't last this season! don't want this man coaching our team & I never did

FISHER/BARNEs FIGHT parody Round 1:


Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
Topic LOCKED
Matt Barnes attacks Knicks coach Fisher for dating ex-wife..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.