[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Matt Barnes attacks Knicks coach Fisher for dating ex-wife..
Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

10/8/2015  10:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2015  10:28 AM
Barnes and Fisher played together with the Los Angeles Lakers from 2010 to 2012 and were said by one former teammate to be "very close" at the time.

Just saying..At the very least, Fisher should have said something about his relationship to Barnes...
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

10/8/2015  10:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2015  10:28 AM
definitely (looks like he) violated guy code but lets see how it plays out. We only have very little to go on right now.
so here is what phil is thinking ....
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
10/8/2015  10:28 AM
holfresh wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
holfresh wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
holfresh wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
holfresh wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
holfresh wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:holfresh... If I posted pics of Shaq and Kobe arm and arm and together does that make them best buds also?

Barnes is a scumbag. Sorry, zero sympathy. If this guy was working on his marriage or trying to make things right I might bite. No.. he's trying to let everyone know how cool is he is for boinking Rhianna. Sorry dude, when you publicly diss your wife all bets are off. She can date whoever she pleases. When your new to single what do you do? Look for people you know. This is normal stuff. Barnes has only Barnes to blame. Nobody else. If she wasnt dating Fisher it would have been someone else.

Barnes is a scumbag based on games you have watched???...Come on..If you going to tap an ex-teammate's wife in his house then expect this type of thing..It's a scumbag move by Fisher to be honest...

scumbag is tweeting about banging Rhianna when your married with kids. Do you really need to dig deep to see that Barnes is not a good guy and not a good husband?

So holfresh... Barnes has 6 year old kids and he's making it known that he's chasing tail and being a dirtbag, but the guy who his ex-wife is dating is the bad guy? You will have to really spell that one out for me man. Sorry. Not buying. At worst Fisher shows poor judgement for being in a situatio that could escalate the way it did.

Holfesh.. how much time need to pass before she's allowed to date?

In any case I dont view this as a distraction to the team or fisher or anyone else. Just like this thread people and tabloids run with 8% of the story and thats enough to 100% sold in their convictions and statements. Sorry, this is a non issue

Maybe u just don't see it..U can't date mate's wives or soon to be ex-wife..Fisher knew he was treading on unsure grounds..Barnes didn't know...Come on, you are a guy..U are paying for the house that you mate is tapping your wife in with you two kids room close by...You kids have to see mom with the dude you used to play ball with...

Dude, there was 10 people having a bonfire in the backyard roasting marshmallows and singing kumbaya or whatevs, Fish and Slut among them. A soiree. Doubt Fish was slamming her in front of 8 peeps and with Barnes kids in the playroom.

Barnes already allegedy banged like 2 or 3 chicks man since the separation. Both in the wrong. Not a black and white issue.

Whose backyard?

By law Gloria Govan's.

No..If they are not divorced then there has been no settlement..Barnes house...

LOL, you know this is in Cali right? What's the Eddie Murphy joke about half?

She already placed a restraining order on Barnes bum ass.

Yeah, it's a community property state..It's still Barnes house...

Dude, they're getting a divorce. I know you want them to make up and be lovey dovey again, but it's not happening. They won't be on Basketball Wives season 33. It's her house now.

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/78387/20150406/matt-barnes-wife-gloria-govan-opens-up-about-divorce-its-just-kinda-life-video.htm

Getting a divorce doesn't mean it's her house...

50% of a house is a pretty significant share. I'd say she owns or worst case co-owns.

They got married in 2012..He has been in LA since 2010, if he bought the house before they were married, it's not community property...

Look at some of these headlines:

Knicks Coach Derek Fisher Had Altercation With Matt Barnes at Gloria Govan's House: AP

“Derek was in Gloria’s back yard with about 10 people having a bonfire on ​​Saturday,” said a source cited by the New York Post. “Derek’s separated from his wife and there’s a relationship with [Gloria].

New York Knicks coach Derek Fisher and Memphis Grizzlies forward Matt Barnes were involved in a physical altercation Saturday night in Los Angeles during a party at the home of Barnes' ex-wife, sources confirmed to ESPN.com on Wednesday.

I don't know, holfresh. Maybe sit this one out.

holfresh

10/8/2015  10:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2015  10:30 AM
At the very least, Fisher should have said something about his relationship to Barnes..It's a dirt bag move not saying anything...
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
10/8/2015  10:35 AM
Fisher is lame. He was in way over his head last year anyway. I honestly will take any excuse to cut ties with him, because my sense is that he is not head coaching material.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/8/2015  10:49 AM
VDesai wrote:Fisher is lame. He was in way over his head last year anyway. I honestly will take any excuse to cut ties with him, because my sense is that he is not head coaching material.

It's lame too use this as some kind of backdoor way to get rid of a guy you don't like. What kind of coach Fisher is will be determined this year. My guess is that you will have to deal with him being here for a long while. I don't see this team being bad enough for him to be fired. Seems to me that once they get the Rotation figures out and the team develops real chemistry on both ends, they're gonna be pretty good. If he limits the minutes for Jose and Sasha I don't see any way this team won't be very competitive.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/8/2015  10:51 AM
Knicks lose a game:

Media: So Melo, another tough loss, how you feeling?
Melo: our defense needs work. We let some easy baskets!
Media: how do you correct it?
Melo: Man, we (Snif) just kind of have to concentrate!
Media: I saw KP missed a switch, is the rookie just hitting a wall?
Melo: No, well, He kinda upset that coach is dating a women separated form another man!
Media: Oh, they have been dating for a few months.
Melo: we didn't know it. but once Barnes drove for 95 miles, that can take 3 hours in traffic, we all got concerned.
Media: Knicks take on Cleveland next, how will you prepare for it?
Melo: Huh? oh, yeah, I thought I smelled Derek with a new cologne, so maybe we'll practice our defense tomorrow before.
Media: How is the knee?
Melo: What? Sorry man, you know, we just thinking about Derek and his barnfire last month. So they dated for a while before it? But if TMZ don't tell us then is that true?
Media: OK, you want to talk about La La and Maino?
Melo: damn man, you bringing that up now? Really? I mean Derek is just weeks from his awful violent attack and your so insensitive to take the attention from him?
Media: What do you want to talk about?
Melo: Sorry man, until Derek and Gloria get their peace I might just go on a hunger strike or somththing!
Gotta go man, Derek needs us!
Media: So it is a distraction?
Melo: we have dedicated our season and love for this man in his time of emotional need and we are unified in this! This team is coming together BECAUSE of this awful violation by matt barnes!
Distraction? no, its bringing us together as one!!! We are assembling an all star line of of R&B singers and Hip hop to produce a song for Derek and raise money for the "Govan Go barnfire foundation" to support Hollywood children whose parents are public display hounds. It helps pay for private school, window tint and make sure they have phones with unlimited data! These kids are under intense social scrutiny and don't have the same problems as other children! We getting Rihanna, Madonna, Stevie Wonder, Ray Donovan, Chris Brown, Corey Feldman, Todd Bridges, Jaden Smith, and others!!!

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
10/8/2015  11:13 AM
you can't defend how stupid this was by fischer.

You think Gregg Popovich takes the first weekend off to sit around a bonfire with a player's wife? Pat Riley? Doc Rivers? Phil Jackson?

Imagine if Carmelo Anthony, after the fifth day of training camp, informed his superiors that he would be traveling to Los Angeles to visit his child only to end up at the home of the estranged wife of a current NBA player that results in a physical altercation with the player. And on top of that, misses the very next practice.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/isola-derek-fisher-held-accountable-article-1.2389496?utm_content=buffercb61b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

holfresh

10/8/2015  11:16 AM
Sources told The Post that Barnes became incensed when his 6-year-old twin sons, Carter and Isaiah, called to tell him that Fisher was at the house.

Following the dustup, Barnes, 35, texted a pal that he had not only assaulted Fisher, 41, but also took revenge on Govan, one source said.

“I kicked his ass from the back yard to the front room, and spit in her face,” the text read, according to the source.

A source close to Fisher confirmed the fight, but insisted it wasn’t as one-sided as Barnes claimed.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/8/2015  11:24 AM
anrst wrote:you can't defend how stupid this was by fischer.

You think Gregg Popovich takes the first weekend off to sit around a bonfire with a player's wife? Pat Riley? Doc Rivers? Phil Jackson?

Imagine if Carmelo Anthony, after the fifth day of training camp, informed his superiors that he would be traveling to Los Angeles to visit his child only to end up at the home of the estranged wife of a current NBA player that results in a physical altercation with the player. And on top of that, misses the very next practice.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/isola-derek-fisher-held-accountable-article-1.2389496?utm_content=buffercb61b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

Very, very judgemental. Guy goes and visits his kids then at nite goes on a date. Scandelous. Im sure he also took a private MSG jet. Who cares. It was his scheduled time off and I would imagine in his contract.

The only reason we know any of this is Govan is a reality TV personality and I would imagine it was all done in the name of publicity. Phil got tight with the owners daughter. In some circles that's not cool.
Pop, maybe he been cheating on his wife for years, we don't know. Its not in the media.

Every day these guys have issues and distractions with a thing called LIFE. They were all big personalities on campus and have issues. Girlfriends, wifes, guns, speeding tix, money problems, friends in trouble, etc etc. They are professional which means they are also coached and taught to leave it behind. Some can better than others. I doubt Geran or KP are really distracted by it. If asked by media how is it a distraction?

Amare had to play after his brother died. That's a distraction. Marbury after his father died. That's an distraction. Personal tragic events are distracting. Fish had an altercation with an ex-husband. Nobody got hurt, no body got arrested. "Dating" can meant lots of women. Barnes and Fish don't have to work together.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/8/2015  11:35 AM
I ready this whole thread as Fishmike banging Gloria. And when it first happened, Fishmike would be the one to call the NYPost and report it himself.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
holfresh

10/8/2015  12:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2015  12:07 PM

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
10/8/2015  12:19 PM
Kids, the word of the day is estranged.

Fish is a scumbag for eskimo broing dude's ex, no doubt. That said, he'd been banging the "Estranged Wife" for a few months already.

Moral of the story. Never trust a guy with a neck tattoo or involved in a Reality TV Show!

Dude act all crazy, but couldn't put out a cigarette butt. If he couldn't make Kobe flinch, I'm sure Derek was like "Go ahead. Hit me a couple times, get it out of your system."

At least Chris Childs gave Kobe the 2 piece and a biscuit!

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/8/2015  12:22 PM
holfresh wrote:At the very least, Fisher should have said something about his relationship to Barnes..It's a dirt bag move not saying anything...

Barnes doesn't own her- no man owns a woman because he's been involved with her. I get him getting jealous (we've all been there), but at the end of the day their relationship is over, and I've always thought its BS when someone breaks up with someone but thinks they have a right to kick up a stink when they start seeing some else.

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/8/2015  12:25 PM
holfresh wrote:
Sources told The Post that Barnes became incensed when his 6-year-old twin sons, Carter and Isaiah, called to tell him that Fisher was at the house.

Following the dustup, Barnes, 35, texted a pal that he had not only assaulted Fisher, 41, but also took revenge on Govan, one source said.

“I kicked his ass from the back yard to the front room, and spit in her face,” the text read, according to the source.

A source close to Fisher confirmed the fight, but insisted it wasn’t as one-sided as Barnes claimed.

Really, Fisher is the bad guy in this? What Barnes did is basically abuse- he physically assaulted his ex and tried to intimidate her by beating her new partner. This comes under controlling behaviour and is a very serious issue a lot of women face.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

10/8/2015  12:27 PM
what if we find out that Fisher and Barnes were really good friends and Fisher is actually hooked up with her, does this not break the guy code?
so here is what phil is thinking ....
holfresh

10/8/2015  12:27 PM
smackeddog wrote:
holfresh wrote:At the very least, Fisher should have said something about his relationship to Barnes..It's a dirt bag move not saying anything...

Barnes doesn't own her- no man owns a woman because he's been involved with her. I get him getting jealous (we've all been there), but at the end of the day their relationship is over, and I've always thought its BS when someone breaks up with someone but thinks they have a right to kick up a stink when they start seeing some else.

So if you were planning on tapping your boy's wife in his house, you wouldn't try to give him a head's up?

holfresh

10/8/2015  12:28 PM
mreinman wrote:what if we find out that Fisher and Barnes were really good friends and Fisher is actually hooked up with her, does this not break the guy code?

Barnes has to be thinking how long has this gone on..

VDesai
USA
10/8/2015  12:29 PM
nixluva wrote:
VDesai wrote:Fisher is lame. He was in way over his head last year anyway. I honestly will take any excuse to cut ties with him, because my sense is that he is not head coaching material.

It's lame too use this as some kind of backdoor way to get rid of a guy you don't like. What kind of coach Fisher is will be determined this year. My guess is that you will have to deal with him being here for a long while. I don't see this team being bad enough for him to be fired. Seems to me that once they get the Rotation figures out and the team develops real chemistry on both ends, they're gonna be pretty good. If he limits the minutes for Jose and Sasha I don't see any way this team won't be very competitive.

Its lame for a head coach to be involved in something like this with an ex-teammate. Fisher's lacking in experience and leadership - he may get there eventually, but its annoying that he's learning on the job with our team and I don't think its worth the trouble to wait for him to get better at his job. We have a young team and we need strong leaders here.

VDesai
USA
10/8/2015  12:32 PM
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:what if we find out that Fisher and Barnes were really good friends and Fisher is actually hooked up with her, does this not break the guy code?

Barnes has to be thinking how long has this gone on..

Seems like both had recent breakups, so one can only infer. Look assuming things is dangerous, but the bottom line here is Soap Operas are not for head coaches.

Matt Barnes attacks Knicks coach Fisher for dating ex-wife..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy