[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2015-16 Other NBA games and League things.......
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/28/2015  11:58 PM
The rockets are keeping the twin towers line up for tomorrow.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

11/29/2015  12:05 AM
Russell playing a really nice game tonight despite Kobe trying to tank the game.
so here is what phil is thinking ....
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/29/2015  11:19 AM
Posted this in the OK4 fight thread, too.

philly.com
SOURCES: Okafor stopped for driving 108 MPH
Keith Pompey, The Philadelphia Inquirer

Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2015, 9:53 AM

MEMPHIS – On the court, Jahlil Okafor had arguably the best start of any of Eastern Conference rookie.

However, his experiences off the court have been far from stellar.

Four sources independently confirmed to The Inquirer the 76ers center was pulled over on the Ben Franklin Bridge around three weeks ago for 108 miles per hour. Anything over 40 m.p.h. is considered reckless driving.

This news come days after it was revealed that Okafor had been involved with two altercations while leaving nightclubs.

The 6-foot-11, 265-pounder had a gun pointed at his head on Oct. 4 near Second and Walnut Street in Philadelphia. Then there was Thursday's early morning fight outside of Storyville Nightclub in south Boston hours after Wednesday night’s loss to the Boston Celtics at TD Garden.

Follow and contact Inquirer 76ers beat writer Keith Pompey on Twitter @PompeyOnSixers and on Instagram at PompeyOnSixers

Keith Pompey, The Philadelphia Inquirer

Kid clearly has problems...they need to do something to help him get back on track ASAP.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/29/2015  11:43 AM
mreinman wrote:Russell playing a really nice game tonight despite Kobe trying to tank the game.

Maybe Kobe is trying to make the final part of his legacy giving the Lakers Ben Simmons?

¿ △ ?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/29/2015  11:48 AM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:Russell playing a really nice game tonight despite Kobe trying to tank the game.

Maybe Kobe is trying to make the final part of his legacy giving the Lakers Ben Simmons?

How ironic would it be if Russell improves enough during the year to cause LA to miss that 1-3 protected zone?

Worst thing for them is to move up from tanking-bad to late-lottery losers.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
crzymdups
USA
11/29/2015  11:59 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

How ironic would it be if Russell improves enough during the year to cause LA to miss that 1-3 protected zone?

I think Russell is too good and too smart not to eventually adjust to the speed of the NBA. They have roster issues - once Kobe is gone and they hand the keys to Russell, I think he'll be fine.

Though this season they are such a mess I think they might get that top three pick. Kobe's terrible play combined with Scott's terrible coaching basically makes it a lock. Maybe that's the plan for LA after all?

¿ △ ?
mreinman

11/29/2015  12:19 PM
crzymdups wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I think Russell is too good and too smart not to eventually adjust to the speed of the NBA. They have roster issues - once Kobe is gone and they hand the keys to Russell, I think he'll be fine.

Though this season they are such a mess I think they might get that top three pick. Kobe's terrible play combined with Scott's terrible coaching basically makes it a lock. Maybe that's the plan for LA after all?

I watched the whole game last night and have watch russell a number of times this season. He is a really good player who has incredible court vision and a really sweet stroke.

He is on the worst team for a guy like him since every single player has a shoot first mentality since they know that if they give up the ball they will never get it back.

Scott is tanking but at the same time, he is teaching his kids how to play horrific basketball. Russell is much smarter than scott and knows better so he will be ok.

Brett Brown is teaching the correct brand of basketball. Smart offense, efficient shooting, ball movement, defense, they just don't have talent.

mreinman

11/29/2015  8:46 PM
Philly loses in memphis but was up with 5 minutes left and again led for a lot of the game. Ok4 was terrible and really made stupid selfish plays down the stretch.

Brett Brown is a good coach and this team is competing their azzes off.

sidsanders
Member: #2426

11/29/2015  10:53 PM
kobe says he is retiring at the end of the season, proceeds to shoot 15 shots in the 1st half... 2-15.

scott is shocked he is retiring? if he isnt throwing a party to see him leave...

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
crzymdups
USA
11/29/2015  10:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2015  10:57 PM
sidsanders wrote:kobe says he is retiring at the end of the season, proceeds to shoot 15 shots in the 1st half... 2-15.

scott is shocked he is retiring? if he isnt throwing a party to see him leave...

Just came in here to post pretty much the same thing. Maybe Kobe doesn't realize he didn't actually retire yet?

¿ △ ?
mreinman

11/29/2015  11:02 PM
crzymdups wrote:
sidsanders wrote:kobe says he is retiring at the end of the season, proceeds to shoot 15 shots in the 1st half... 2-15.

Just came in here to post pretty much the same thing. Maybe Kobe doesn't realize he didn't actually retire yet?

diks are just gonna be diks. He is now a scorer. Scorers do this.

crzymdups
USA
11/29/2015  11:22 PM
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

huh? he's shooting 31% this year and 19% from three. On 17 shots a game. Is that somehow efficient?

I love Kobe - but there's no way you can defend his play this year. It's sad to see. I sort of think the pseudo retirement announcement this year was made so that he would start getting a pass for his terrible play. He's a great great player. But he's clearly trying to do things his body cannot accomodate anymore. If you can argue otherwise with your efficiency stats, I would be deeply fascinated to read.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
11/29/2015  11:24 PM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

huh? he's shooting 31% this year and 19% from three. On 17 shots a game. Is that somehow efficient?

I love Kobe - but there's no way you can defend his play this year. It's sad to see. I sort of think the pseudo retirement announcement this year was made so that he would start getting a pass for his terrible play. He's a great great player. But he's clearly trying to do things his body cannot accomodate anymore. If you can argue otherwise with your efficiency stats, I would be deeply fascinated to read.

or to put it another way

¿ △ ?
mreinman

11/29/2015  11:24 PM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

no argument. Kobe's play is an utter joke and puts a big wart on the end of his career.

magicTs
Member: #5564

11/29/2015  11:25 PM
Kobe currently 2-17. Should just retire now.
crzymdups
USA
11/29/2015  11:32 PM
I hated Kobe at first, but grew to respect and then really enjoy watching him play. He matured so much as a player over his career.

But this season is rough as hell. It's not just that he doesn't have it anymore - he looks so so terrible that it is actively sad. I want him to be able to go out on a high note, but I don't know if it is possible for his body anymore. He had some big injuries the past few years and I don't think he can recover at his age.

I do think he should hang it up rather than gut out another SIXTY SEVEN GAMES at this deeply inferior level. Can you guys honestly imagine another 67 games of this from Kobe? It just pains me to think about it. Time is cruel. It doesn't mean you can defy it.

¿ △ ?
mreinman

11/29/2015  11:37 PM
crzymdups wrote:I hated Kobe at first, but grew to respect and then really enjoy watching him play. He matured so much as a player over his career.

But this season is rough as hell. It's not just that he doesn't have it anymore - he looks so so terrible that it is actively sad. I want him to be able to go out on a high note, but I don't know if it is possible for his body anymore. He had some big injuries the past few years and I don't think he can recover at his age.

I do think he should hang it up rather than gut out another SIXTY SEVEN GAMES at this deeply inferior level. Can you guys honestly imagine another 67 games of this from Kobe? It just pains me to think about it. Time is cruel. It doesn't mean you can defy it.

how about last year? He has been terrible for a few years now. He just needs to get his shots even though he can't shoot. Its not sad, its pathetic and disgusting.

crzymdups
USA
11/29/2015  11:42 PM
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:I hated Kobe at first, but grew to respect and then really enjoy watching him play. He matured so much as a player over his career.

how about last year? He has been terrible for a few years now. He just needs to get his shots even though he can't shoot. Its not sad, its pathetic and disgusting.

He barely played last year due to the injury. It was sad then, too.

I thought this Q&A with Kupchak about the announcement was pretty good:

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles-lakers/post/_/id/42249/kupchak-qa-on-kobe-surprised-by-timing-of-announcement

¿ △ ?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/30/2015  11:59 AM
Scott will lose his excuse when Kobe retires.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/30/2015  3:46 PM
No fun allowed for JR!!!

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/11/29/cleveland-cavaliers-ban-hoverboards-jr-smith

2015-16 Other NBA games and League things.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy