[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2015-16 Other NBA games and League things.......
Author Thread
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

10/14/2015  1:24 PM
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:Mudiay 16 and 9 after three quarters against GS..

who gives a rats azz about points. 5-13 is that that hot, right? FG%?

9 assists is nice though.

Ur crazy..Did u see the game?..I saw the second half..Curry and Thompson couldn't stay in front of him..The easy set up of mates...Best player on the Nuggets tonight..Announcers was saying Chris Paul took him to school but he held his own against Curry and Thompson who were switching on him..Dude is 19..

So you are saying that he had a good game despite going 5-13? Sure ... that is very possible but bragging about 16 points on 5-13 just ain't that good.

you can just say that you thought that he had a good game overall because of how he affected it outside of the stat sheet in regards to points.

And the fact that he is 19 is great. KP is 19 so that is great too. I am sure they both have room to grow.

If the draft were held today, how many teams do you think would pick Mudiay over KP?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

10/14/2015  3:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/14/2015  3:39 PM
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Ur crazy..Did u see the game?..I saw the second half..Curry and Thompson couldn't stay in front of him..The easy set up of mates...Best player on the Nuggets tonight..Announcers was saying Chris Paul took him to school but he held his own against Curry and Thompson who were switching on him..Dude is 19..

So you are saying that he had a good game despite going 5-13? Sure ... that is very possible but bragging about 16 points on 5-13 just ain't that good.

you can just say that you thought that he had a good game overall because of how he affected it outside of the stat sheet in regards to points.

And the fact that he is 19 is great. KP is 19 so that is great too. I am sure they both have room to grow.

If the draft were held today, how many teams do you think would pick Mudiay over KP?

All except us and maybe Philly...Here goes some Mudiay goodness for u from last nights game...Dude will win rookie of the year..

holfresh

10/14/2015  3:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/14/2015  3:07 PM
Gotta show Hezonja some love for this pass last night...
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
10/14/2015  3:57 PM
Holfresh - I like Mudiay. If we had picked him, he was one of the few I would have been happy with, though in the triangle would not have been his strong suite.

The problem I have if we picked Mudiay, is who would Phil have taken instead of Grant? Not in hindsight seeing guys do well in pre season. Who were we eying?

I think KP and Grant was just an insane hall.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
holfresh

10/14/2015  5:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/14/2015  5:23 PM
earthmansurfer wrote:Holfresh - I like Mudiay. If we had picked him, he was one of the few I would have been happy with, though in the triangle would not have been his strong suite.

The problem I have if we picked Mudiay, is who would Phil have taken instead of Grant? Not in hindsight seeing guys do well in pre season. Who were we eying?

My view of the whole current situation is a little in-dept..I think it's a mistake that Phil is implementing his style of play from the GM box..The players won't buy in...I said this at the beginning of last year before the season even started..I would have preferred if Fish came up with his own strategy..I think it's the entire reason we weren't successful last year..So he bought in "character guys" who will supposedly buy in and not question Fish's authority on the subject matter..I'm thinking that is why Fish wants Phil around more.. It's a difficult task for a new head coach.. No other team does this in the NBA by the way..If Phil was coaching, then by all means let's run the triangle..But for me, talent trumps system... You bring in the best talent and run a system off that talent in the vision of your coach..Player will then play for the coach..We have a situation where players are playing for the GM..So what happens on a 4 game road trip late in February when Phil isn't around...Supposedly this group of character guys will give the extra effort with prodding thru a proxy??..OK..I hope so...I don't think we can bring in the necessary talent and compete at a high level with the current structure.

As for KP and Grant...I'm in the camp that KP needs to develop a post up game...That's when 7'3" matters...I'm not sure why the excitement for a 7'3" three point shooter..Interior players effective when you can score at will down low...So he shoots the 3 at 36 or 40%...So?..If he can score in the post at will, game changer...

Grant isn't a bad pickup, He is ahead of most rooks because he is 23 with 4 years in school while most played one year...That will even out by the end of the year...But I'm looking at him as Charlie Ward, hopefully slightly better..

I think Mudiay is a special talent like JKidd...He see the floor better than most already...He is playing beyond his years in the preseason...That would have been my pick for sure...

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/14/2015  5:22 PM
holfresh wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:Holfresh - I like Mudiay. If we had picked him, he was one of the few I would have been happy with, though in the triangle would not have been his strong suite.

My view of the whole current situation is a little in-dept..I think it's a mistake that Phil is implementing his style of play from the GM box..The players won't buy in...I said this at the beginning of last year before the season even started..I would have preferred if Fish came up with his own strategy..I think it's the entire reason we weren't successful last year..So he bought in "character guys" who will supposedly buy in and not question Fish's authority on the subject matter..I'm thinking that is why Fish wants Phil around more.. It's a difficult task for a new head coach.. No other team does this in the NBA by the way..If Phil was coaching, then by all means let's run the triangle..But for me, talent trumps system... You bring in the best talent and run a system off that talent in the vision of your coach..Player will then play for the coach..We have a situation where players are playing for the GM..So what happens on a 4 game road trip late in February when Phil isn't around...Supposedly this group of character guys will give the extra effort with prodding thru a proxy??..OK..I hope so...I don't think we can bring in the necessary talent and compete at a high level with the current structure.

As for KP and Grant...I'm in the camp that KP needs to develop a post up game...That's when 7'3" matters...I'm not sure why the excitement for a 7'3" three point shooter..Interior players effective when you can score at will down low...So he shoots the 3 at 36 or 40%...So?..If he can score in the post at will, game changer...

Grant isn't a bad pickup, He is ahead of most rooks because he is 23 with 4 years in school while most played one year...That will even out by the end of the year...But I'm looking at him as Charlie Ward, hopefully slightly better..

I call BS big time on that train of thought. It's exactly what the Spurs do. From GM to head coach to players to assistants, everyone is on the same page and in agreement what to do.

And by the way, the players look like they are proving you wrong again and again. Watch it grow to prove you wrong even more as the season goes on.

And Charlie Ward and Grant should not be compared, one is much better than the other.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
holfresh

10/14/2015  5:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/14/2015  5:24 PM
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:

I call BS big time on that train of thought. It's exactly what the Spurs do. From GM to head coach to players to assistants, everyone is on the same page and in agreement what to do.

BS..POP implement style of play..Not Buford...Everyone is on the same page because POP say so...

martin
USA
10/14/2015  5:32 PM
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:

BS..POP implement style of play..Not Buford...Everyone is on the same page because POP say so...

You understand that Pop was the GM before Buford, right? Hand picked replacement. Pop is pulling the strings everywhere.

The bigger point is that everyone is on the same page, and so are the Knicks. From top to bottom, as it should be when an organization has a good ship. Phil wanted to run a system, Fish wanted to run same system, and he does.

holfresh

10/14/2015  5:52 PM
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:

You understand that Pop was the GM before Buford, right? Hand picked replacement. Pop is pulling the strings everywhere.

The bigger point is that everyone is on the same page, and so are the Knicks. From top to bottom, as it should be when an organization has a good ship. Phil wanted to run a system, Fish wanted to run same system, and he does.

I'm not sure if you are missing the point or trying to steer it in another direction..My point is that the head coach has to implement style of play which currently happens in SA but not in NY..

So what happened to the Knicks last year when they went 5-36 before Phil cleaned house??..Wasn't everyone on the same page then too??..Why the huge underperformance?

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

10/14/2015  6:04 PM
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:

All except us and maybe Philly...Here goes some Mudiay goodness for u from last nights game...Dude will win rookie of the year..

that jump shot just looks terrible!

His passing is really great for his age though the league may start treating him like MCW if he can't fix that ugly shot.

I think that Faried will win the MVP this season.

I would take KP over him in a heart beat but perhaps he won't be as good next year (but nobody should expect KP to be good in year 1).

so here is what phil is thinking ....
martin
USA
10/14/2015  6:07 PM
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:

I'm not sure if you are missing the point or trying to steer it in another direction..My point is that the head coach has to implement style of play which currently happens in SA but not in NY..

So what happened to the Knicks last year when they went 5-36 before Phil cleaned house??..Wasn't everyone on the same page then too??..Why the huge underperformance?

Dude you can't answer that for yourself? You're not even trying man

holfresh

10/14/2015  6:13 PM
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:

What are you talking about??..Players didn't buy in is the point and it's what I have been saying since you don't want to answer..Clearly my point...

martin
USA
10/14/2015  6:20 PM
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:

What are you talking about??..Players didn't buy in is the point and it's what I have been saying since you don't want to answer..Clearly my point...

JR, Shump, Larkin, Dalembart, Amare, JSmith, THJr. Didn't buy in or low IQ and couldn't figure it out? Also a mix of low defense, low offense players.

By the end of the year the players were buying in and hustling, but low talent continued the losses.

We have a system and everyone is buying in from top to bottom, as it should be.

holfresh

10/14/2015  6:27 PM
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:

JR, Shump, Larkin, Dalembart, Amare, JSmith, THJr. Didn't buy in or low IQ and couldn't figure it out? Also a mix of low defense, low offense players.

By the end of the year the players were buying in and hustling, but low talent continued the losses.

They bought in at the end of the year because they were fighting for their NBA lives..It was their NBA contract lives at stake..Phil rewarded them by bringing them back..

martin
USA
10/14/2015  6:56 PM
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:

They bought in at the end of the year because they were fighting for their NBA lives..It was their NBA contract lives at stake..Phil rewarded them by bringing them back..

Players can't buy in because it's a contract year AND because they got it? Shump and JR and Larkin and Dalembart and Amare were also fighting for their contract lives.

Do you take a moment before you post stuff?

holfresh

10/14/2015  7:29 PM
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Players can't buy in because it's a contract year AND because they got it? Shump and JR and Larkin and Dalembart and Amare were also fighting for their contract lives.

Do you take a moment before you post stuff?

What did they get??..they were barely running the triangle at the end of the year..

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/14/2015  8:53 PM
smackeddog wrote:Ndour has not looked good for the mass this preseason, wonder if he'll pick it up or if the summer league games with us were an illusion.
His numbers don't look good at all but he is playing the second most minutes per game for them (24.6). I read a Mavs blog speculating about guys on the bubble that might make the team a couple of days ago. The writer really like Ndour but said the he thought Jeremy Evans had locked up a spot and that Dalembert might get a spot over Ndour. The writer also speculated that Ndour could be more valuable to the team then keeping Dalembert. I will have to watch the Mavs play before the preseason is over. I think they guaranteed Ndour $500,000 of his contract.
http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Dallas-Mavericks/6/Stats/2016/Averages/All/points/All/desc/1/Preseason
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/14/2015  8:58 PM
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Wow. Thanks for posting that. Denver got a really good player. Mudiay or Okafor get the roy in my opinion. Mudiay is going to be very good for a very long time.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/15/2015  9:55 AM
Milwaukee potential is very high but the bench is not super deep.

Parker and the Greek both have huge upside! They will give Bulls a run for the money!

earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
10/15/2015  1:09 PM
holfresh wrote:

I think Mudiay is a special talent like JKidd...He see the floor better than most already...He is playing beyond his years in the preseason...That would have been my pick for sure...

As another said, seems to work for the Spurs and I'd also add that Derek has already said we are not strictly bound to the system. (And we have seen as much.)

I think we all agree with KP developing an inside game, but you don't want too much of that happening too soon. He is a bit thin to be doing it night in and night out imo.
The excitement of a 7'3" 3 point shooter is multi fold: 1- He can shoot over most anyone 2- He has an incredibly good shot.
I just wonder how you can't see that?

Re Grant, how can you say that he is good because he is a senior? What about all the other seniors not being drafted? To say he isn't a bad pickup when he is the best athlete I've seen in a NY Knicks uniform since I can't remember how long, might be the best, is perhaps the biggest understatement made yet about him. (Marbury was great, but more of a physical athlete) He passes already like a man with eyes on the back of his head. No look passes are getting commonplace. Don't discount the guy because he came out a senior. He may not amount to what Mudiay does, but maybe Mudiay never becomes the shooter Grant does. We don't know.

I am just seeing a trend in your posts and I don't want to be negative, but you don't seem to really have a whole lot of positivity in your posts. That is ok, well, last year as we really sucked. But in general, you seem sort of down, I don't get it.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
2015-16 Other NBA games and League things.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy