[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2015-16 Other NBA games and League things.......
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/24/2015  7:41 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I think the NBA needs to step in in Philly and fire the management. This is outrageous. I understand trying to tank--but theyve gone past their cycle and are just worse than ever. Yes they will have 3 high draft picks--YES they got to draft Okafor and are JUST lucky they didnt get Russell but it was only luck. They have no guards they have no plan and they are an embarrassment to paying fans.
Usually I don't care about bad teams but the fact is while they can do what they want at home, they have 41 road dates to consider and are killing teams who ticket holders likely could care less, or cannot resale them for very much.

The core of taxing teams teams that don't spend makes sense and I doubt the league considered in the age of financial parity a team could suck so bad for so long!!! Given that, they might want to start taxing them and compensatings teams based on games to be played. Example, in division teams whom have 76ers home get more than west coast temas that just have one date per season.

Knicks tanked but had cap space and top 5 pick and are now at least respectable. Philly trading MCW hurt themselves. I get what Hinkie is doing and having Saric and Emiid not playing is understandable but its also bad management.

trading MCW did not hurt themselves. It was smart just like when they traded the can't miss jrue holiday.

I don't like to judge players or a trade if there are injuries. Then again, taking a risk on player who was damaged goods prior to the draft...

Nobody could predict that Holiday would miss large parts of 2 seasons. Holiday was becoming a good player.

Have to be foolish if you don't think he could help Philly if he had never been hurt.

So Hinkie becomes a genius for trading away a guy who has not fulfilled his potential because of injuries, and he is also a genius for drafting Embiid, who was injured TWICE prior to the draft, once after the draft, and has now missed two full seasons?

Lets be consistent.

Also, Philly got fined 3 mil for not disclosing Holiday's injury prior to the trade. That can't be good for business.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
USA
11/24/2015  7:49 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I think the NBA needs to step in in Philly and fire the management. This is outrageous. I understand trying to tank--but theyve gone past their cycle and are just worse than ever. Yes they will have 3 high draft picks--YES they got to draft Okafor and are JUST lucky they didnt get Russell but it was only luck. They have no guards they have no plan and they are an embarrassment to paying fans.
it might be time. Bobby Marks was on the radio the other day and said Philly is 3-4 years away from contending for a playoff spot. He also talked a lot about being worried about Brett Brown and the impact all of the losing would have on his development as a coach. He made a lot of good points.
The whole way of doing business there circumventing the cap annually, continually chasing future assets instead of current players, ignoring team building for on court success isn't fan friendly and isn't a recipe for success at this point.

Hinkie has backed himself into a corner where almost everything is going to depend on how he uses his upcoming draft picks. I can't see any top FAs going there in the near future, and I can't see him overpaying for a second level FA who might consider coming to Philly just for the $$.

He has to pray that Saric is the real deal and comes over sooner, rather than later, and that Embiid recovers so he can be traded for something of value.

Also wonder about Noel's development as a player at this point. Saw the Minny game yesterday, and you don't get a sense that he has a role with so much going through OK4. He can't stretch the floor at all, and has seen his shot blocking decrease as a PF.

Very dysfunctional team, IMO.

Just have to wonder if Philly would be better off entrusting someone else to make the picks in the upcoming draft.

Therein lies the problem with the 76ers' radical brand of rebuilding. Blatantly tanking, threatening not to meet the NBA's minimum salary floor, and hoarding assets is fine, particularly with idea that drafting cheap, young talent is the best path to title contention. However, over two years and a combined 37 wins, the 76ers have little to show for taking this route and seemingly no clear path to title contention.

Philadelphia doesn't figure to be much better this season than they were two years ago when they began this process. The Sixers have collected lottery picks as a means for building a star-studded team from the ground up, and thus far, frankly, haven't drafted well.

http://www.businessinsider.com/philadelphia-76ers-rebuild-is-directionless-2015-6
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

11/24/2015  8:27 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Usually I don't care about bad teams but the fact is while they can do what they want at home, they have 41 road dates to consider and are killing teams who ticket holders likely could care less, or cannot resale them for very much.

The core of taxing teams teams that don't spend makes sense and I doubt the league considered in the age of financial parity a team could suck so bad for so long!!! Given that, they might want to start taxing them and compensatings teams based on games to be played. Example, in division teams whom have 76ers home get more than west coast temas that just have one date per season.

Knicks tanked but had cap space and top 5 pick and are now at least respectable. Philly trading MCW hurt themselves. I get what Hinkie is doing and having Saric and Emiid not playing is understandable but its also bad management.

trading MCW did not hurt themselves. It was smart just like when they traded the can't miss jrue holiday.

I don't like to judge players or a trade if there are injuries. Then again, taking a risk on player who was damaged goods prior to the draft...

Nobody could predict that Holiday would miss large parts of 2 seasons. Holiday was becoming a good player.

Have to be foolish if you don't think he could help Philly if he had never been hurt.

So Hinkie becomes a genius for trading away a guy who has not fulfilled his potential because of injuries, and he is also a genius for drafting Embiid, who was injured TWICE prior to the draft, once after the draft, and has now missed two full seasons?

Lets be consistent.

we are talking about the MCW and Jrue trades. Embiid looks like a bad pick and Noel's play has sounded some alarms.

I don't care to take sides, I myself want args to be fair and consistent.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
CrushAlot
USA
11/24/2015  9:24 PM
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/24/2015  10:36 PM
THJ…10 M…2 3pt shots…1 made…1 assist
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
magicTs
Member: #5564

11/25/2015  2:35 AM
magicTs wrote:Lol wtf. Kobe was 3-15.

https://vine.co/v/e3DMKXP0Hle

1-14 for Kobe tonight and the worst shooting performance of his career!

This season is looking a pretty sad way to end his career. Very Peyton Manningesque currently.

magicTs
Member: #5564

11/25/2015  2:44 AM
magicTs wrote:Looking at the Lakers schedule I can see them start 3-22 in their first 25 games.

0-4 start and 16 out the next 20 on the road!!!

Sitting 2-12 with 9 of the next 11 on the road.

CrushAlot
USA
11/25/2015  9:45 PM
Sixers up by 5 with just over 2 minutes left against the Celtics.
CrushAlot
USA
11/25/2015  9:47 PM
Celts cut it to 80-79
CrushAlot
USA
11/25/2015  9:49 PM
Celts go up by 2
CrushAlot
USA
11/25/2015  9:53 PM
Philly down 2 with the ball and 20 seconds left. OT?
CrushAlot
USA
11/25/2015  9:55 PM
Philly is going to lose again. They got close tonight. Announcers said Covington had 6 steals and 14 rebounds for the Sixers.
WaltLongmire

11/25/2015  10:19 PM
mreinman wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Lets be consistent.

we are talking about the MCW and Jrue trades. Embiid looks like a bad pick and Noel's play has sounded some alarms.

I don't care to take sides, I myself want args to be fair and consistent.

Sounds like Fox News...Fair and Balanced...and we know about them.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

11/25/2015  10:21 PM
Kidd just got kicked out of the Bucks/Kings game for smacking the ball out of the ref's hand.

The Kidd magic that he's shown at times as a coach has not been there so far this year.

WaltLongmire

11/25/2015  10:23 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Philly is going to lose again. They got close tonight. Announcers said Covington had 6 steals and 14 rebounds for the Sixers.

Did not help them in crunch time, though.

As I said on the other thread to you...Philly pretty much forgot about OK4 in the final minutes of the game.

mreinman

11/25/2015  11:05 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Philly is going to lose again. They got close tonight. Announcers said Covington had 6 steals and 14 rebounds for the Sixers.

As I said on the other thread to you...Philly pretty much forgot about OK4 in the final minutes of the game.

smart. don't want to mess with the tank. Philly has been in a ton of games this season. Need them all to end in losses though.

CrushAlot
USA
11/25/2015  11:08 PM
mreinman wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

smart. don't want to mess with the tank. Philly has been in a ton of games this season. Need them all to end in losses though.

Guys are still playing for Brett Brown. It would be nice to see what he would do with a competitive team.
mreinman

11/25/2015  11:10 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Guys are still playing for Brett Brown. It would be nice to see what he would do with a competitive team.

yes but this team is actually competing. They almost beat miami and miami crushed us. It would be nice to see them get a good guard next season.

CrushAlot
USA
11/25/2015  11:33 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

yes but this team is actually competing. They almost beat miami and miami crushed us. It would be nice to see them get a good guard next season.

Wroten and Marshall are both good players and I believe are coming back in December. I think they need more though as you said. If Wroten and Marshall are healthy I wonder if they move Canaan.
WaltLongmire

11/26/2015  11:04 PM
2015-16 Other NBA games and League things.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy