[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2015-16 Other NBA games and League things.......
Author Thread
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/7/2015  1:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/7/2015  1:28 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Dangelo Russell is already injured. So glad he wasn't there for us to draft. He strikes me as a guy who will be in and out of the lineup. There were major concerns about Stephen Curry's durability but he shoots it so well from the perimeter, might go down as the best shooter of all time l, that he doesn't need to get closer to the basket and take a pounding to score. Mudiay might be a good pro but it's going to take a few years like it did for John Wall to develop a somewhat reliable jumper. I stand by my belief that we drafted the best guy available after Towns. Might even be better and more dynamic & unique than Towns

I'm with you, I keep thinking we lucked into the best pick in the draft. That's got to be some of my orange and blue koolaid talking since we haven't even played a preseason game yet, but after getting a taste of Drago this summer, I'm more excited about this pick than I would have been with Towns or Okafor. Can shoot lights out, nice blocker down low, can handle the ball better than a 7-3 guy should be able to, an absolute basketball junkie. I want to see better rebounding than we saw in SL, but my expectations skyrocketed after the summer.

And I wanted Mudiay at 4...

AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/7/2015  2:00 PM
Yea Matt the rebounding is the aspect from what we've that need a ton of work. Hopefully he improves over time as he learns NBA defensive fundamentals and his body continues to mature physically. He's a hard worker. I don't see Bargnani like rebounding numbers and complete disinterest in playing basketball
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/8/2015  10:24 AM
Jaelen Rose was on ESPN to hawk his new book. Its been 10 years since he retired and I like him. He signed his book to Mike Greenburge (Greenie from Mike and Mike) with "FAB 5". Greenie asked him and he went into a long diatribe on how they changed things as no team ever started 5 freshman, long shorts and black socks. That's kind of it. He is very proud of the that team and to me a false prophecy and one that actually broke the rules. That aside they lost.
He is humble to say the Duke team that beaten UNLV the year before had seniors Grant Hill and laetnner with Bobby Hurley and was a great team. The next year they lost to UNC whom he credits for coming to play but they should have beaten them. Ok, but what he said next kind of got to me:

"But after the game when we went to the club they (UNC) had to wait on line while the "FAB 5" got the velvet ropes lifted and they walked on in"!

To me they were the first to start 5 freshman, and they changed the look with its swagger of long short and black socks but THEY DID NOT WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP!
They were what they were but to keep on harping on what they did seems a bit boisterous as if Long shorts and black socks are some how important?

He had a very nice career and got paid over 100mil which might be more than he should of. Im ok with that, but he has no championship pedigree and I just don't get him.
LIke I said, I like him in his post playing career with his work on TV and his foundation.

earthmansurfer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #858
Germany
10/9/2015  4:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/9/2015  4:19 AM
Anyone catch hernangomez last night against the Celtics? He was only 2-6 in 21 minutes, but had a block and 7 rebounds (4 offensive!). Not terrible, but the rebounds are extremely good.

Also, wonder if Real Madrid has more games against NBA teams coming up?

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/11/2015  1:05 AM
Okafor has a sore knee.
Okafor was held to two points on just 1-of-6 shooting to go with four rebounds, one assist, and four turnovers in 16:56. The 6-foot-11, 268-pounder, who missed his first five shots, didn't play in the fourth quarter. His minutes are being restricted because of a sore knee.
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20151011_Covington_scores_23_in_Sixers_win__Okafor_held_to_two_points.html#eY73keuuZ9Ssl1Ex.99
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/11/2015  11:40 AM
Boston plays its first pre season game vs an NBA team Wednesday. Then plays 6 games in 10 days, then counting the last 3 preseason games play 6 games in a row at home.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
holfresh
Member: #1081

10/13/2015  7:49 PM
Milwaukee is deeeeeeeeepppp!!!
holfresh

10/13/2015  8:07 PM
Rashad Vaughn rookie for Milwaukee is a baller..
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/13/2015  9:25 PM
holfresh wrote:Milwaukee is deeeeeeeeepppp!!!

really? I keep looking at their lineups and they look soft to me. Monroe at C, Carter-Williams and Vasquez in the backcourt? When parker comes back I guess Middleton moves to SG.

Knicks are deep.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
holfresh

10/14/2015  12:39 AM
martin wrote:

really? I keep looking at their lineups and they look soft to me. Monroe at C, Carter-Williams and Vasquez in the backcourt? When parker comes back I guess Middleton moves to SG.

Knicks are deep.

Parker
Greek Freak
Rashard Vaughn rook(17) baller..19 tonight
Monroe
Carter-Will
Middleton
Mayo
Henson
Vasquez
Landry
Copeland
Plumlee
Bayless
martin
USA
10/14/2015  12:51 AM
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:

Knicks are deep.

Parker
Greek Freak
Monroe
Carter-Will
Middleton
Mayo
Henson
Vasquez
Landry
Copeland
Plumlee
Bayless

And?

Landry and Copeland kinda suck, right? Bayless too? I don't really know about Plumlee. Mayo off the bench seems nice. Vasquez nice backup PG, I guess. Henson, OBryantt are OK. Inglis is intriguing.

Knicks bench much better.

holfresh

10/14/2015  12:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/14/2015  12:53 AM
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:

Knicks are deep.

Parker
Greek Freak
Monroe
Carter-Will
Middleton
Mayo
Henson
Vasquez
Landry
Copeland
Plumlee
Bayless

And?

Landry and Copeland kinda suck, right? Bayless too? I don't really know about Plumlee. Mayo off the bench seems nice. Vasquez nice backup PG, I guess. Henson, OBryantt are OK. Inglis is intriguing.

U have to be kidding..Come on dude...I just reeled of 13 guys and your are complaining about two..

martin
USA
10/14/2015  12:54 AM
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:

Knicks are deep.

Parker
Greek Freak
Monroe
Carter-Will
Middleton
Mayo
Henson
Vasquez
Landry
Copeland
Plumlee
Bayless

And?

U have to be kidding..Come on dude...I just reeled of 13 guys and your are complaining about two..

well, instead of just putting out a list of players, why don't you make your case. I either don't know much of their guys or think they are not so hot.

holfresh

10/14/2015  1:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/14/2015  1:02 AM
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:

Knicks are deep.

Parker
Greek Freak
Monroe
Carter-Will
Middleton
Mayo
Henson
Vasquez
Landry
Copeland
Plumlee
Bayless

And?

well, instead of just putting out a list of players, why don't you make your case. I either don't know much of their guys or think they are not so hot.

Really??
C
Parker
Middleton
Monroe
Greek
Carter-Will
Vaughn
Can start on most teams..(6 guys)
Henson
Mayo
Vasquez
Bayless
Landry
Are good backups off the bench
I don't even need to go beyond that..
And it's no knock on the Knicks..
holfresh

10/14/2015  1:04 AM
Mudiay 16 and 9 after three quarters against GS..
martin
USA
10/14/2015  1:07 AM
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:

Knicks are deep.

Parker
Greek Freak
Monroe
Carter-Will
Middleton
Mayo
Henson
Vasquez
Landry
Copeland
Plumlee
Bayless

And?

Really??
C
Parker
Middleton
Monroe
Greek
Carter-Will
Vaughn
Henson
Mayo
Vasquez
Bayless
Landry

? You did it again, you just listed their roster, that's not making the cause that they are deep.

Isn't Landry the guy that played on the Knicks like a thousand years ago? Has he played in the NBA since? Why are you listing him?

And what is Bayless? A PG or a SG, cause he seems to do neither. Does he play D?

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

10/14/2015  1:13 AM
holfresh wrote:Mudiay 16 and 9 after three quarters against GS..

who gives a rats azz about points. 5-13 is that that hot, right? FG%?

9 assists is nice though.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
holfresh

10/14/2015  1:15 AM
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:

Knicks are deep.

Parker
Greek Freak
Monroe
Carter-Will
Middleton
Mayo
Henson
Vasquez
Landry
Copeland
Plumlee
Bayless

And?

Really??
C
Parker
Middleton
Monroe
Greek
Carter-Will
Vaughn
Henson
Mayo
Vasquez
Bayless
Landry

? You did it again, you just listed their roster, that's not making the cause that they are deep.

Isn't Landry the guy that played on the Knicks like a thousand years ago? Has he played in the NBA since? Why are you listing him?

And what is Bayless? A PG or a SG, cause he seems to do neither. Does he play D?

Played for the Knicks??..He is a scrub...Thought it was Carl Landry..Bayless is a combo but can give u good minutes..But both won't be playing tho..Vaughn ate summer league and now eating up preaseason..Vasquez is solid off the bench..Henson is solid as well, shot blocker and good around the rim..Mayo can shoot the three, I'll take him over DWill..
holfresh

10/14/2015  1:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/14/2015  1:20 AM
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:Mudiay 16 and 9 after three quarters against GS..

who gives a rats azz about points. 5-13 is that that hot, right? FG%?

9 assists is nice though.

Ur crazy..Did u see the game?..I saw the second half..Curry and Thompson couldn't stay in front of him..The easy set up of mates...Best player on the Nuggets tonight..Announcers was saying Chris Paul took him to school but he held his own against Curry and Thompson who were switching on him..Dude is 19..

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/14/2015  3:23 AM
Ndour has not looked good for the mass this preseason, wonder if he'll pick it up or if the summer league games with us were an illusion.
2015-16 Other NBA games and League things.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy