AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/5/2015  5:06 PM
And he did...
Now he is were he is.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
10/5/2015  5:19 PM
He indeed made his $124m "bed" and gets to lay in it.

Let's see if he keeps the same tune later in the season.

meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

10/5/2015  6:21 PM
To being traded or to playing defense or both?
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/5/2015  6:34 PM
I think he realizes he is stuck here regardless. Not many will take on that contract AND give up a lot
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/5/2015  6:35 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:I think he realizes he is stuck here regardless. Not many will take on that contract AND give up a lot
Really? I thought it meant he was committed to being in NY.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
10/5/2015  6:56 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I think he realizes he is stuck here regardless. Not many will take on that contract AND give up a lot

nope. he was committed to making as much money as possible. why would steven a smith report that melo was livid about not pursuing aldridge, or was upset over the draft, or tweeted the future is now, etc. etc.?

otherwise he'd be in chicago.

the offseason has sent a clear message: this is not melo's team anymore. the melo era is sliding into oblivion.

it's about the future beyond melo so melo has no choice to suck it up, buy in... or demand a trade. looks like he is doing the former--what you spin as being "committed"-- but if things don't go well this season (he'll have a lot to do with that)-- he could be doing the latter. my hunch is that he'll straddle the fence, which is really what his entire career has been: borderline.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/5/2015  7:36 PM
if it is an emphatic "HELL NO"

Then what was I subjected to watch a piece on his free agency experience? He said it was a tough decision in the ridiculously stupid documentary. HELL NO implies that the thought of abandoning this team never crossed his mind. And his camp released that during the low point of the season and while Melo was taken heat from the same members of the press that wanted him here

knicks1248
Member: #582
10/5/2015  7:41 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:He indeed made his $124m "bed" and gets to lay in it.

LBJ and KD are both headed for 200 mill contract, but you take MELO out and Put LBJ or KD on this roster, and we would still be projected to win 30+ games, only they would be making 7 to 10 mill more per. Then the argument would be they have no official 2nd scorer, not about how overpaid they are.

If (lbj and KD) played on the knicks last season, they both would avg 45 shots ppg, would pppl call them selfish, or chalk it up to terrible support.

The ass hole reporter who asks a player if he's going to request a trade if your team struggles, is about as dumb as dumber can get.

ES
TPercy
Member: #5748

10/5/2015  7:44 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

LBJ and KD are both headed for 200 mill contract, but you take MELO out and Put LBJ or KD on this roster, and we would still be projected to win 30+ games, only they would be making 7 to 10 mill more per. Then the argument would be they have no official 2nd scorer, not about how overpaid they are.

If (lbj and KD) played on the knicks last season, they both would avg 45 shots ppg, would pppl call them selfish, or chalk it up to terrible support.

The ass hole reporter who asks a player if he's going to request a trade if your team struggles, is about as dumb as dumber can get.

Don't ever use Melo and Lebron in the same sentence...
The Future is Bright!
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/5/2015  7:46 PM
gunsnewing wrote:if it is an emphatic "HELL NO"

Then what was I subjected to watch a piece on his free agency experience? He said it was a tough decision in the ridiculously stupid documentary. HELL NO implies that the thought of abandoning this team never crossed his mind. And his camp released that during the low point of the season and while Melo was taken heat from the same members of the press that wanted him here

I think he is saying "Hell NO' to leaving now, may have been a different set of circumstances before.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
USA
10/5/2015  7:56 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

nope. he was committed to making as much money as possible. why would steven a smith report that melo was livid about not pursuing aldridge, or was upset over the draft, or tweeted the future is now, etc. etc.?

the offseason has sent a clear message: this is not melo's team anymore. the melo era is sliding into oblivion.

it's about the future beyond melo so melo has no choice to suck it up, buy in... or demand a trade. looks like he is doing the former--what you spin as being "committed"-- but if things don't go well this season (he'll have a lot to do with that)-- he could be doing the latter. my hunch is that he'll straddle the fence, which is really what his entire career has been: borderline.

Pretty sure if you commit 124 mil to a guy and give him a no trade clause you consider him part of the present and the future. This team of high character team oriented guys is very like able but doesn't win many games without Melo.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/5/2015  7:57 PM
yea he already got his max contract extension
CrushAlot
USA
10/5/2015  8:00 PM
gunsnewing wrote:yea he already got his max contract extension

He gets paid if he stays or goes. I agree with knicks1248. Stupid question.
dk7th
USA
10/5/2015  8:15 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Pretty sure if you commit 124 mil to a guy and give him a no trade clause you consider him part of the present and the future. This team of high character team oriented guys is very like able but doesn't win many games without Melo.

what is this "give him" foolishness? it was a negotiation and you don't know who gets what say in the negotiation. jackson didn't "volunteer" or "want" to "give" melo a no-trade clause. that's ridiculous which means by default it was a dolan condition or requisite. or have you conveniently forgot that jackson, early on, said he expected that melo would take a significant paycut to make it easier to assemble a good team.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/5/2015  8:16 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:if it is an emphatic "HELL NO"

I think he is saying "Hell NO' to leaving now, may have been a different set of circumstances before.

Wow! Logical and unbiased response to a person you are not found of. Cheers!!!!

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/5/2015  8:36 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

what is this "give him" foolishness? it was a negotiation and you don't know who gets what say in the negotiation. jackson didn't "volunteer" or "want" to "give" melo a no-trade clause. that's ridiculous which means by default it was a dolan condition or requisite. or have you conveniently forgot that jackson, early on, said he expected that melo would take a significant paycut to make it easier to assemble a good team.

agreed
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/5/2015  8:45 PM
TPercy wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Don't ever use Melo and Lebron in the same sentence...

What was i thinking, it's like MELO joined 2 other elite players to finally win a title, or that melo held the title for the biggest douche in sports.

ES
CrushAlot
USA
10/5/2015  8:51 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Are you suggesting that PJax wasn't the one that negotiated the deal? If so I think Melo doesn't give anything back. Phil is running things. Dolan doesn't have guys give money back. And yes the organization did give Melo a no trade clause. That isn't something put into every players contract. All contracts are negotiated.
dk7th
USA
10/5/2015  8:54 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Are you suggesting that PJax wasn't the one that negotiated the deal? If so I think Melo doesn't give anything back. Phil is running things. Dolan doesn't have guys give money back. And yes the organization did give Melo a no trade clause. That isn't something put into every players contract. All contracts are negotiated.

please re-write this drunken, listing babble. it makes no sense at all.

Melo: "Hell No"...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy