martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/4/2015  1:56 PM
dk7th wrote:
martin wrote:
dk7th wrote:okay i corrected it in my post but hwre it is again:

http://www.nba.com/knicks/video/teams/knicks/2015/09/28/dropbox_nyk_melopt2_092815_MSG_RAd__103410.mp4-32809

again, it's not merely what he says but how he says what he says.

you came to your conclusions before you heard him say it.

Melo: "For me it doesn't matter, it doesn't really matter, the 3 or 4, the way that the game is going now, those are the same 2 positions, So it doesn't really matter for me at this point."

yes i came to my conclusion before i saw the video. but after listening to him and watching him for years-- and studying him for years-- the video only confirmed what i already knew/know about him. he's an easy read.

your quote is him removing his foot from his mouth, martin. he has a history of putting his foot in his mouth, although at least he was quicker this time in realizing his gaffe. apparently i am not the only one:

http://www.postingandtoasting.com/2015/9/28/9408817/carmelo-anthony-im-pretty-sure-ill-be-at-the-4-this-season

although he is not studying melo's body language or facial expressions-- it is axiomatic that this study is the most basic and natural human activity-- he is calling attention to the fact that "melo being melo" is not a good thing sometimes.. or more than sometimes. his "i want to test free agency" comes to mind.

You and Joe Flynn made the same mistake: reacting to a tweet without full context of quote as well has having zero interest to finding the quote or understanding what was being asked and answered, and having the balls to admit that you may have either made a mistake or just spoken too soon or something like that.

And then you have multiplied it by stating quite emphatically, despite those exact words to the contrary, that you have already come to a predetermined conclusion, whatever the case and whatever the context, about Melo. It's called being biased. And not very smart. Eyes closed to anything new or relevant. So in fact, any comment from you about Melo is very much tainted, and this by your very own statement as to such.

Man the **** up.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
10/4/2015  2:28 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
dk7th wrote:

This means a front line of Lopez, KP, Melo. Guess that means Melo's expectations of playing the 4 spot are not going to be met as much as he wants..

Let me put this characterization to rest. The quote and exchange about this very topic was brought during media day with Melo, check out the video on MSG or nba.com

A reporter asked if Melo expects to play the 4 (some time this season). He answered yes, he'd probably see some time at the 4. Also said he expects Fisher to set the lineups and figure out where he wanted Melo to play and that he didn't really care if it was the 3 or 4.

There was ZERO insinuation, as you have characterized it, that Melo expects, demands, only wants to, etc. regarding what position he plays.

Also, dk7th, if you watch the video, please let me know what kind of shape you think Melo is in at this point.

I don't even think Melo wants to play the 4...Paul George is upset he was asked to play the 4..Just more drama for no appearent reason..

There is no drama, what drama? Only you thinks there is drama...for no apparent reason

Well I was referring to the hissie fit both guns and dk7th pitched when Melo said he will see time at the 4 this season..But if I'm interrupting some male bonding of sorts, please excuse my intrusion..

according to the tweet, this is straight from the horse's mouth:

speaking of mouth.. this is just another example of melo's chronic foot in mouth disorder. as i have said, why can't he just shut the **** up for once and let his bosses make the decisions?

The bolded is a bit harsh especially since Martin explained the context of the quote. It is all right here in Martin's explanation :
The quote and exchange about this very topic was brought during media day with Melo, check out the video on MSG or nba.com

A reporter asked if Melo expects to play the 4 (some time this season). He answered yes, he'd probably see some time at the 4. Also said he expects Fisher to set the lineups and figure out where he wanted Melo to play and that he didn't really care if it was the 3 or 4.

This is exactly right. dk7th, you continue to prove that you aren't really interested in getting to the bottom of things and just criticize or otherwise take Melo out of context for the hell of it. Go watch the video and see how Melo is just answering a blah question with a blah answer, and not really in line with your Melodrame atmosphere. So perhaps you can take your own advice and shut the **** up for once?

Also, please explain to us all how you can tell if a player is in good shape, supreme shape or elite shape. What's the difference between supreme and elite and how can you tell the difference? I'm still waiting on that one. Use detailed examples, not some smokescreen about some articles regarding someone else making a guess at what a player weighs, that has nothing to do with anything. I want your direct observations and how you came to those conclusions (repeatedly). Don't back down from this, you have patted yourself on the back for being a super smart guy, so show us your stuff.

well obviously i disagree with you. i am always interested in getting to the bottom of things. when it comes to melo, it isn't my fault that he says stupid and damaging things, seemingly always at the wrong time. i also am interested in studying people, which is innate in all of us. you are either disinterested in studying melo, or are coming to a different conclusion. either is fine by me... we'll just have to agree to disagree.

as to my "proving" or "citing" evidence of melo's weight gain, that is a pretty tall order. here's a couple of links and please note the dates so you can infer:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24656387/photo-knicks-carmelo-anthony-looks-like-hes-lost-a-lot-of-weight april 2014

playoffs against heat, ie april 2012

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1159352-players-that-need-to-shed-some-weight/page/7 april 2012

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/4/2015  2:48 PM
We're about to start a new season with a better squad and Melo has been GREAT with his teammates this summer! It just seems wrong to be going back years and beating a dead horse at this point. Yes Melo hasn't always done or said the right things but clearly has so far this off season and Training Camp. Team is in great spirits.
dk7th
USA
10/4/2015  3:04 PM
nixluva wrote:We're about to start a new season with a better squad and Melo has been GREAT with his teammates this summer! It just seems wrong to be going back years and beating a dead horse at this point. Yes Melo hasn't always done or said the right things but clearly has so far this off season and Training Camp. Team is in great spirits.

look not everything he does is stupid or wrong or bad. for instance, from the same page of videos:

http://www.nba.com/knicks/video/teams/knicks/2015/10/01/1443732874815-151001_Melo-HD-720p.mov-37647 here he seems to have matured a bit, which in fact i admire. and the puerto rico thing was great of him.

does that nullify his alleged comments about the 2-15 draft, for which he had to do some spin control? or saying he wanted to test free agency at around this time before the 37-win season? or that he insisted on playing in the all-star game after the season was lost and he could have had surgery and rehab much earlier?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/4/2015  3:27 PM
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:We're about to start a new season with a better squad and Melo has been GREAT with his teammates this summer! It just seems wrong to be going back years and beating a dead horse at this point. Yes Melo hasn't always done or said the right things but clearly has so far this off season and Training Camp. Team is in great spirits.

look not everything he does is stupid or wrong or bad. for instance, from the same page of videos:

http://www.nba.com/knicks/video/teams/knicks/2015/10/01/1443732874815-151001_Melo-HD-720p.mov-37647 here he seems to have matured a bit, which in fact i admire. and the puerto rico thing was great of him.

does that nullify his alleged comments about the 2-15 draft, for which he had to do some spin control? or saying he wanted to test free agency at around this time before the 37-win season? or that he insisted on playing in the all-star game after the season was lost and he could have had surgery and rehab much earlier?

He said he didn't say it and there is no proof that he did. Stephen A. even recanted on his position on this. He also spent the summer working out with Kristaps and was at the workouts before the draft when the Knicks worked him out. There isn't even a smoking gun here.
Also, regarding the Herring tweet, it seems like this guy gets things wrong sometimes. Remember when he said that Melo was taking 80%? of his contract up front and there was a huge media reaction only to find out that he was doing what Bron, Bosh, Wade etc. do with money that was being paid out for that season. Some good advice was given by others here that hopefully you won't ignore. Find out the context of statements before you start trashing guys.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/4/2015  3:28 PM
dk7th wrote:

Not sure I'm understanding your point. What is the impact on this roster or season from the things you listed from the past? It would seem to me that there is ZERO IMPACT on this current roster or season coming from any of those things you mentioned. It's really not important at all if we're talking about this team's success for this season or the future. Explain to us how it matters in any way.

dk7th
USA
10/4/2015  3:46 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:

He said he didn't say it and there is no proof that he did. Stephen A. even recanted on his position on this. He also spent the summer working out with Kristaps and was at the workouts before the draft when the Knicks worked him out. There isn't even a smoking gun here.
Also, regarding the Herring tweet, it seems like this guy gets things wrong sometimes. Remember when he said that Melo was taking 80%? of his contract up front and there was a huge media reaction only to find out that he was doing what Bron, Bosh, Wade etc. do with money that was being paid out for that season. Some good advice was given by others here that hopefully you won't ignore. Find out the context of statements before you start trashing guys.

seems like your issue is with melo's entourage of blabbermouths, herring and smith. they are the ones that cause the problems for melo, at least that is what you are implying. alternatively, these alleged comments may not being pulled out of their collective azzes but may have some source in reality.

at any rate, if you have issues with them then i suggest you and others quit citing them in your posts. as you know i never cite herring or smith directly because i do not respect them: they are hacks of the first order. i don't deal in rumors directly but only through what you and others foolishly bring to the forum. i try to stick to what melo actually says and does, like hosting puerto rico, saying he wants to test free agency before the 2013-14 season, referring to lin's contract as "ridiculous," etc. etc. etc.

CrushAlot
USA
10/4/2015  3:59 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:

seems like your issue is with melo's entourage of blabbermouths, herring and smith. they are the ones that cause the problems for melo, at least that is what you are implying. alternatively, these alleged comments may not being pulled out of their collective azzes but may have some source in reality.

at any rate, if you have issues with them then i suggest you and others quit citing them in your posts. as you know i never cite herring or smith directly because i do not respect them: they are hacks of the first order. i don't deal in rumors directly but only through what you and others foolishly bring to the forum. i try to stick to what melo actually says and does, like hosting puerto rico, saying he wants to test free agency before the 2013-14 season, referring to lin's contract as "ridiculous," etc. etc. etc.

I don't know anything about Melo's entourage but I am pretty sure Herring and Smith aren't in it. Also, you cited Herring in this thread and then trashed Melo without knowing the context. Also, someone, Ned?, is friends with Herring and I believe said Herring doesn't even like the Knicks.

In regards to context, if you watched the summer league game where they asked Melo about Lin's contract in the Team USA locker room you wouldn't bring it up because you would have seen/heard it in context. Connect the dots and it seems like context should come before assumptions and bashing of guys.

martin
USA
10/4/2015  4:05 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:

This is ****ing hilarious (and your foot is going further down your own throat BTW). You cited Herring in this very thread. If you don't like him, don't cite him.

martin
USA
10/4/2015  4:06 PM
dk7th wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
dk7th wrote:

This means a front line of Lopez, KP, Melo. Guess that means Melo's expectations of playing the 4 spot are not going to be met as much as he wants..

Let me put this characterization to rest. The quote and exchange about this very topic was brought during media day with Melo, check out the video on MSG or nba.com

There was ZERO insinuation, as you have characterized it, that Melo expects, demands, only wants to, etc. regarding what position he plays.

Also, dk7th, if you watch the video, please let me know what kind of shape you think Melo is in at this point.

I don't even think Melo wants to play the 4...Paul George is upset he was asked to play the 4..Just more drama for no appearent reason..

There is no drama, what drama? Only you thinks there is drama...for no apparent reason

Well I was referring to the hissie fit both guns and dk7th pitched when Melo said he will see time at the 4 this season..But if I'm interrupting some male bonding of sorts, please excuse my intrusion..

according to the tweet, this is straight from the horse's mouth:

speaking of mouth.. this is just another example of melo's chronic foot in mouth disorder. as i have said, why can't he just shut the **** up for once and let his bosses make the decisions?

The bolded is a bit harsh especially since Martin explained the context of the quote. It is all right here in Martin's explanation :
The quote and exchange about this very topic was brought during media day with Melo, check out the video on MSG or nba.com

This is exactly right. dk7th, you continue to prove that you aren't really interested in getting to the bottom of things and just criticize or otherwise take Melo out of context for the hell of it. Go watch the video and see how Melo is just answering a blah question with a blah answer, and not really in line with your Melodrame atmosphere. So perhaps you can take your own advice and shut the **** up for once?

Also, please explain to us all how you can tell if a player is in good shape, supreme shape or elite shape. What's the difference between supreme and elite and how can you tell the difference? I'm still waiting on that one. Use detailed examples, not some smokescreen about some articles regarding someone else making a guess at what a player weighs, that has nothing to do with anything. I want your direct observations and how you came to those conclusions (repeatedly). Don't back down from this, you have patted yourself on the back for being a super smart guy, so show us your stuff.

well obviously i disagree with you. i am always interested in getting to the bottom of things. when it comes to melo, it isn't my fault that he says stupid and damaging things, seemingly always at the wrong time. i also am interested in studying people, which is innate in all of us. you are either disinterested in studying melo, or are coming to a different conclusion. either is fine by me... we'll just have to agree to disagree.

as to my "proving" or "citing" evidence of melo's weight gain, that is a pretty tall order. here's a couple of links and please note the dates so you can infer:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24656387/photo-knicks-carmelo-anthony-looks-like-hes-lost-a-lot-of-weight april 2014

playoffs against heat, ie april 2012

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1159352-players-that-need-to-shed-some-weight/page/7 april 2012

oh look, Melo's cheeks are puffy! Yay

He wears a flap jacket to protect ribs! He must be fat!

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/4/2015  4:13 PM
Herring is definitely not in Melo's entourage. He goes after Melo a lot
dk7th
USA
10/4/2015  4:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:

I don't know anything about Melo's entourage but I am pretty sure Herring and Smith aren't in it. Also, you cited Herring in this thread and then trashed Melo without knowing the context. Also, someone, Ned?, is friends with Herring and I believe said Herring doesn't even like the Knicks.

In regards to context, if you watched the summer league game where they asked Melo about Lin's contract in the Team USA locker room you wouldn't bring it up because you would have seen/heard it in context. Connect the dots and it seems like context should come before assumptions and bashing of guys.

i didn't say that herring and smith were members of melo's entourage, i merely listed them as the second and third parties with whom you should have issues. you misread the sentence even though the syntax and punctuation were pretty clear. why?

i cited begley to open the thread, and then martin cited the video. herring tweeted to the world before the video was shared with the general public, i believe. not my problem that herring tweeted what he did-- seems like he wants to stir up controversy, which is the sign of a hack. hence, it seems that your issue is with herring, whose tweet was the first thing that was introduced to this forum days ago. since he is a hack, i suggest you not cite him.

CrushAlot
USA
10/4/2015  4:32 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:

i didn't say that herring and smith were members of melo's entourage, i merely listed them as the second and third parties with whom you should have issues. you misread the sentence even though the syntax and punctuation were pretty clear. why?

i cited begley to open the thread, and then martin cited the video. herring tweeted to the world before the video was shared with the general public, i believe. not my problem that herring tweeted what he did-- seems like he wants to stir up controversy, which is the sign of a hack. hence, it seems that your issue is with herring, whose tweet was the first thing that was introduced to this forum days ago. since he is a hack, i suggest you not cite him.

This is about you taking things out of context to trash Melo. Nice try though
dk7th
USA
10/4/2015  4:33 PM
martin wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:

This is ****ing hilarious (and your foot is going further down your own throat BTW). You cited Herring in this very thread. If you don't like him, don't cite him.

i'm glad you find this amusing. that said, your issue is with herring for tweeting a half truth, stirring up controversy for no reason other than he is a hack. and yet, it is clear to me from watching the video that melo realizes his gaffe and tries to cover it with the second statement, a quote that herring could have tweeted but did not for obvious reasons...

CrushAlot
USA
10/4/2015  4:36 PM
dk7th wrote:
martin wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:

i'm glad you find this amusing. that said, your issue is with herring for tweeting a half truth, stirring up controversy for no reason other than he is a hack. and yet, it is clear to me from watching the video that melo realizes his gaffe and tries to cover it with the second statement, a quote that herring could have tweeted but did not for obvious reasons...

The context of the quote was explained to you by Martin. You posted the tweet after Martin's explanation and then trashed Melo.
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/4/2015  5:18 PM
This has got to be the #1 reason for considering KP to start

So, what's Melo like?

"He's a great passer," Porzingis said.

Come again?

"Yeah," he replied. "Just for me playing with him . . . We play 5-on-5 and he always finds me. He just finds me. You know, he draws so much attention and he always finds me when I'm open."

ES
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
10/4/2015  5:23 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Herring is definitely not in Melo's entourage. He goes after Melo a lot

Herring is from Chicago, he's an admitted Bulls fan. he covers the Knicks because it's his job. I'd rather reads his work than the homers like Hahn that are afraid to speak anything other than circle jerks about the Knicks.
dk7th
USA
10/4/2015  5:36 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:

This is about you taking things out of context to trash Melo. Nice try though

no.

it's about herring tweeting half-truths, and herring taking things out of context. not my fault that tweets come out before videos.

having seen the video and heard and seen melo directly, i stand by what he said: he said something stupid, and then tried to recover after realizing his gaffe. that's not "trashing" it's "observing."

nice try though.

dk7th
USA
10/4/2015  5:39 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
martin wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:

The context of the quote was explained to you by Martin. You posted the tweet after Martin's explanation and then trashed Melo.

please don't try to bolster your opinion by clinging to martin's skirts. it's not a good look. i have explained myself several times. if you don't like hearing opinions different from your own then don't participate in a forum.

Begley: Fisher considering KP as a starter

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy