[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Pre-season game thread: October 7th. vs. Paschoalotto/Bauru (Brazil).. Madison Square Garden @ 7:30pm
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/8/2015  5:53 PM
Fact of the matter is no matter how many hours he is is spending lifting heavy weights right now, He is not going to overpower grow men down there this year. His body is still maturing. And he shouldn't be pushing himself too hard in the weight room to jack up too much in a short period of time he is going to get hurt
AUTOADVERT
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

10/8/2015  5:55 PM
I guess we should make him Aldridge Jr and have him post up only to get pushed into mid range after mid range after mid range.
gunsnewing
USA
10/8/2015  5:56 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:I guess we should make him Aldridge Jr and have him post up only to get pushed into mid range after mid range after mid range.

Yup great example yellow

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

10/8/2015  5:58 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:I guess we should make him Aldridge Jr and have him post up only to get pushed into mid range after mid range after mid range.

perhaps you should watch more 70's basketball to appreciate that mid range shot.

Clueless! If anyone watches KP right now they would see that he really does not have the strength to hold post position anyway. So for now, maybe they should just leave him on the bench instead of having him jack up 40 footers.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

10/8/2015  6:08 PM
mreinman wrote:

perhaps you should watch more 70's basketball to appreciate that mid range shot.

Clueless! If anyone watches KP right now they would see that he really does not have the strength to hold post position anyway. So for now, maybe they should just leave him on the bench instead of having him jack up 40 footers.

MrEinman, were you going gaga over Brazil with their 3 point shooting.

mreinman

10/8/2015  6:10 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

MrEinman, were you going gaga over Brazil with their 3 point shooting.

yes ... and they were killing us with it until that gassed themselves.

However, watching it made me pine for a jason smith 22.

gunsnewing
USA
10/8/2015  7:12 PM
IMO teams went away from post play because players got younger and they were tsking a pounding in the post from grown men. They were going down like flies before the transition
mreinman

10/8/2015  7:47 PM
gunsnewing wrote:IMO teams went away from post play because players got younger and they were tsking a pounding in the post from grown men. They were going down like flies before the transition

don't think so ... I think its the new recognition of how much more efficient a spread offense is without someone clogging the post taking inefficient shots.

Of course if you have a player like shaq then you certainly want him in the post with the ball.

holfresh
Member: #1081

10/8/2015  8:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2015  8:09 PM
I don't think young bigs are trying to be post players anymore..The long ball seem more glamorous..It may have started with KG who played defense, and rebounded but was more of a perimeter type player..He was lauded for it and lots of guys noticed..But any team today would kill for Hakeem, Ewing, Shaquille or another Duncan..KG, Dirk or any other perimeter big was never as effective as any of those guys..
mreinman

10/8/2015  8:12 PM
holfresh wrote:I don't think young bigs are trying to be post players anymore..The long ball seem more glamorous..It may have started with KG who played defense, and rebounded but was more of a perimeter type player..He was lauded for it and lots of guys noticed..But any team today would kill for Hakeem, Ewing, Shaquille or another Duncan..KG, Dirk or any other perimeter big was ever as effective as any of those guys..

yes those guys are great but much more suited for Larry Brown basketball where pace is snail pace. Its a diff game. Nobody is gonna train a ewing if it does not fit well into todays pace.

Ok4 is a throwback and so is Al Jefferson but that really does not work that well anymore.

If Ok4 turns into a shaq type of post player then of course it would be phenomenal. Most post players today look like DHoward which is plain awful and inefficient.

holfresh

10/8/2015  8:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2015  8:17 PM
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:I don't think young bigs are trying to be post players anymore..The long ball seem more glamorous..It may have started with KG who played defense, and rebounded but was more of a perimeter type player..He was lauded for it and lots of guys noticed..But any team today would kill for Hakeem, Ewing, Shaquille or another Duncan..KG, Dirk or any other perimeter big was ever as effective as any of those guys..

yes those guys are great but much more suited for Larry Brown basketball where pace is snail pace. Its a diff game. Nobody is gonna train a ewing if it does not fit well into todays pace.

Ok4 is a throwback and so is Al Jefferson but that really does not work that well anymore.

If Ok4 turns into a shaq type of post player then of course it would be phenomenal. Most post players today look like DHoward which is plain awful and inefficient.

OK4 and Jefferson was never as athletic as those guys..U telling me that Shaquille, Ewing, Hakeem and Duncan wouldn't destroy GS small team last year?..Mosgov was giving fits to some extent..

mreinman

10/8/2015  8:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2015  8:21 PM
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:

OK4 and Jefferson was never as athletic as those guys..U telling me that Shaquille, Ewing, Hakeem and Duncan wouldn't destroy GS small team last year?..Mosgov was giving fits to some extent..

The GS team would have crushed the Knicks (with todays defensive rules). Crushed!

And Shaq was the most dominant player that I've seen in my lifetime.

holfresh

10/8/2015  8:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2015  8:24 PM
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:

The GS team would have crushed the Knicks (with todays defensive rules). Crushed!

That Knick team was taking Jordan to game 7 and u think GS would crush them..I guess GS would crush MJ and Chicago too?

mreinman

10/8/2015  8:24 PM
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:

That ask Knick team was taking Jordan to game 7 and u think GS would crush them..I guess GS would crush MJ and Chicago too?

todays rules. That knicks team lived on hand checks and none of that would fly today.

holfresh

10/8/2015  8:26 PM
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:

That ask Knick team was taking Jordan to game 7 and u think GS would crush them..I guess GS would crush MJ and Chicago too?

todays rules. That knicks team lived on hand checks and none of that would fly today.

GS would never be able to defend the post..Hakeem, Shaquille, Duncan and Ewing will all destroy them down low..
mreinman

10/8/2015  8:32 PM
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:

GS would never be able to defend the post..Hakeem, Shaquille, Duncan and Ewing will all destroy them down low..

Ewing is not in the class of the others on that list. The others were almost unstoppable especially shaq. If those guys played today then teams would have guys assigned and signed just to try to defend them.

I think that A Davis is/will be just as hard to guard as Hakeem and Duncan.

Again ... nobody is designing players to be in an offense that kills pace and scores 90 points.

holfresh

10/8/2015  8:38 PM
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Ewing is not in the class of the others on that list. The others were almost unstoppable especially shaq. If those guys played today then teams would have guys assigned and signed just to try to defend them.

I think that A Davis is/will be just as hard to guard as Hakeem and Duncan.

Again ... nobody is designing players to be in an offense that kills pace and scores 90 points.

Evidence is that Duncan is what 40 and still leads a contender?

holfresh

10/8/2015  8:39 PM
GS won one series and lot of it had to do with other teams injuries and now it can't be stopped..Amazing..
holfresh

10/8/2015  8:51 PM
Today's centers are yesterday's back ups...Herb Williams put up numbers Robin Lopez can't dream of..
mreinman

10/8/2015  11:53 PM
holfresh wrote:Today's centers are yesterday's back ups...Herb Williams put up numbers Robin Lopez can't dream of..

wtf!! to pull a nuxluva

herb williams sucked numbers wise compared to Rolo but then again who the hell knows what ancient stats you lookin at

Pre-season game thread: October 7th. vs. Paschoalotto/Bauru (Brazil).. Madison Square Garden @ 7:30pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy