[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Another One The Knicks Let Get Away -- Bargnani
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

10/1/2015  4:20 PM
holfresh wrote:
grillco wrote:I'm sure this has been covered, but humor me...

Let's say he's really found himself (for the first time). In doing so let's see how long this new found realization of his potential lasts AND remember that getting dumped by the Knicks (or any team) is often a HUGE motivator for a player.

Do you think Zach's game elevated just because of the new team? Nope. A massive part of the equation was that he was let go by the Knicks under the very loudly pretense of not being a piece that would contribute to their future. Talk about lighting a fire.

With Bargs, he's got the added incentive as he's now playing for the crosstown rivals. He's going to play against the Knicks at least four times face-to-face and EVERY day in the standings. But again, will he maintain anything to the actual season? Will it last through the season? Will any potential elevated and consistent AND healthy play actually help the Nets be a better team? We'll have to wait and see, but I don't recommend holding your breath.

Zach always had game..Zach was a stud before he got here and after..They wanted to clear space for Bron and MDA was about pick and roll players at PF..Now what would have been interesting is MDA preaching P&R to Bron..

As long as James played the Steve Nash role, I expect he could have adapted, and he is a good enough passer so that MDA might have been able to create a modified system for him.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
10/1/2015  4:43 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:
grillco wrote:I'm sure this has been covered, but humor me...

Let's say he's really found himself (for the first time). In doing so let's see how long this new found realization of his potential lasts AND remember that getting dumped by the Knicks (or any team) is often a HUGE motivator for a player.

Do you think Zach's game elevated just because of the new team? Nope. A massive part of the equation was that he was let go by the Knicks under the very loudly pretense of not being a piece that would contribute to their future. Talk about lighting a fire.

With Bargs, he's got the added incentive as he's now playing for the crosstown rivals. He's going to play against the Knicks at least four times face-to-face and EVERY day in the standings. But again, will he maintain anything to the actual season? Will it last through the season? Will any potential elevated and consistent AND healthy play actually help the Nets be a better team? We'll have to wait and see, but I don't recommend holding your breath.

Zach always had game..Zach was a stud before he got here and after..They wanted to clear space for Bron and MDA was about pick and roll players at PF..Now what would have been interesting is MDA preaching P&R to Bron..

As long as James played the Steve Nash role, I expect he could have adapted, and he is a good enough passer so that MDA might have been able to create a modified system for him.

Do you even need a system with Lebron handling the rock?

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

10/2/2015  5:01 AM
knicks1248 wrote:bargiani can ball, thats never been the issue, he cant stay fckng healthy more the a few wks

NO!!! It has nothing to do with health ... don't know why people keep saying / thinking this. He was horrible when he was healthy.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/2/2015  9:18 AM
how the hell is this 3 pages
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
ChuckBuck
USA
10/2/2015  9:22 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:how the hell is this 3 pages

Quiet! Don't you dare talk about his airness. That's blasphemy.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/2/2015  10:12 AM
Bargs... Babe Ruth... yea, I can see it.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/2/2015  10:15 AM
The curse of Bargnani lol
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/2/2015  10:52 AM
Bargnani could never stay healthy and cannot play defense. Let's please move on. Bargnani would have only taken minutes away from KP, who needs to get at least 12 minutes a game this year.
Trust the Process
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/2/2015  11:04 AM
TheGame wrote:Bargnani could never stay healthy and cannot play defense. Let's please move on. Bargnani would have only taken minutes away from KP, who needs to get at least 12 minutes a game this year.

Phil and the knicks have moved on.
Firewoodson is making sure we don't repeat the sins of the past!!!

FireWoodson
Member: #5899

10/2/2015  11:14 AM
Don't want to be rude, but the opinions of you people here are, I'll be polite, worthless. I'll take a professional basketball player's opinion of Bargnani over your opinions any day of the week. Just yesterday Barry Larkin's kid said this about Bargnani:
"A.B. is a great player."

Sorry, folks, but you Bargnani haters and analyzers of his game just don't know a damn thing. "A.B. is a great player." And that's coming from a person who, get this, is an actual NBA player. What NBA team are you on?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/2/2015  11:32 AM
Shane is a teammate of Bargs on Brooklyn.
Did he call a press conference to make the announcement, or was he asked a question?
Lets not dilute the discussion because AB IS great player given he is in the NBA and has the talent. The intangible question is not his talent but ability to stay on the floor.
NBA has the top 1% in the world and AB is very very talented.
But Shane said it because he was asked, and is a teammate, and in the big context he is a great player. As is every NBA player as well.
QUestion is really "is he a great NBA player". The answer is no. If a knick would he have found minutes? I don't think so.
He is on a team that needs him and if healthy he will do great. But we have KP and knicks have choosen to develop him instead. If we were more of a "Win now" team, like Brooklyn who I think has to tread water until they can get some picks and more cap space its a good signing.
ChuckBuck
USA
10/2/2015  11:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/2/2015  11:54 AM
Thank God we got the legendary Shane Larkin's comments on the god Bargnani!

I don't know what it is about that dude with tiny hands, but I trust him.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

10/2/2015  12:43 PM
FireWoodson wrote:From Coach Thibodeau to Zebo the NBA is flooded with greats that the Knicks let get away. Well, add another to that long list - Andrea Bargnani.
Report from Nets camp yesterday is that during their five on five scrimmage the ex-Knick was highly productive in the offense department including going baseline for a dunk.

What the hell is wrong with our organization? JR, Shump, Amare, Chandler, Bargnani....we have these great pieces and we just let them get away.
But we still hold on to Pete Sampras as our point guard! Hooray!
Bargnani already playing great and making us look like the joke of all NBA organizations. This is messed up.

Another gem of stupidity from FW. Are you literally trying to outdo yourself in that department?

Dude, get a grip.

fishmike
USA
10/2/2015  12:48 PM
FireWoodson wrote:Don't want to be rude, but the opinions of you people here are, I'll be polite, worthless. I'll take a professional basketball player's opinion of Bargnani over your opinions any day of the week. Just yesterday Barry Larkin's kid said this about Bargnani:
"A.B. is a great player."

Sorry, folks, but you Bargnani haters and analyzers of his game just don't know a damn thing. "A.B. is a great player." And that's coming from a person who, get this, is an actual NBA player. What NBA team are you on?

I for one agree. Its obvious Bargs is a great player.

Except he doesnt win you games.
Except he cant stay on the court.
Except he takes bad shots.
Except he doesnt put any effort into rebounding. (His quote was "its basketball, not rebound ball")
Except he doesnt defend anyone

Do you have eyes? Do you need a 3rd string PG fighting for an NBA roster spot to validate this?

FireWoodson
Member: #5899

10/2/2015  1:02 PM
fishmike wrote:
Do you need a 3rd string PG fighting for an NBA roster spot to validate this?

The father of that "3rd string PG fighting for an NBA roster spot" is a 12 time MLB All Star and MLB Hall Of Famer. That's validation enough, don't you think?

ChuckBuck
USA
10/2/2015  1:08 PM
FireWoodson wrote:
fishmike wrote:

The father of that "3rd string PG fighting for an NBA roster spot" is a 12 time MLB All Star and MLB Hall Of Famer. That's validation enough, don't you think?

Truer logic has never been spoken.

Bravo for sticking with your guns. The son of Barry is proof enough!

fishmike
USA
10/2/2015  1:13 PM
FireWoodson wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I really cant tell if your serious or not
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
10/2/2015  2:57 PM
Frankly with or without Gallo that team won't fly. And yes the perspective is very simplistic. Maybe we'll add Melo to that list and then try to figure out your cap! Half of those players were let go as a bad fits or strategic like trading Wikson Galo Mosgov plus to secure Melo. I regret Zebo but few others.
ChuckBuck
USA
10/5/2015  1:43 PM
ARGH, the god Bargnani is injured again.

http://nypost.com/2015/10/05/youll-never-believe-it-nets-andrea-bargnani-is-hurt-again/

Going to miss his next level athleticism on the Knicks...

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/5/2015  2:10 PM
Look Bargs has talent. He's just got health issues and a strangely aloof personality. He's got holes in his game that make it hard for his teams to play winning ball. He has his strengths and what you want to do is minimize is weaknesses. In the end he had his shot here and Phil was obviously tired of Bargs "Tease" act. He isn't reliable enough in any facet of his game. I have no issues with Bargs and wish him well. It's not unimaginable that he might have a good season in Bklyn. Doesn't matter to me anymore since he's no longer on the team. Don't know why we should spend anymore time worrying about players that are no longer on the team. It's strange pastime of some Knicks Fans.
Another One The Knicks Let Get Away -- Bargnani

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy