[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Another One The Knicks Let Get Away -- Bargnani
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/30/2015  4:29 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:Better than Andrea's awesome dunking ability (evidenced by that video up top) is his stellar team D. Can't teach that ability and awareness.

Just pure grit and determination by Bargs here. Maybe the most gifted defense I've ever seen in my life.

Kind of day im having, i needed this laugh..thanks chuck

ES
AUTOADVERT
knickscity
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4241
USA
9/30/2015  5:02 PM
blkexec wrote:Bargnani is just the latest punching bag for frustrated Knick fans. He's one of many talented players that couldn't handle the stress of playing under the bright lights of MSG. Just like most ex knick players, they always play better when they leave.

I'm glad he's gone, but you know this is exactly what's gonna happen.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/30/2015  6:59 PM
Bargs is a good value on a vet minimum deal but the Knicks needed to move on. He is playing for his next contract. It didn't seem to matter much last year but maybe it makes more of a difference this year.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

9/30/2015  8:22 PM
After being able to see him play the few times he was actually healthy, I can honestly say that the only thing related to him which I am upset about letting get away is the #1 pick we gave up to get him.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

9/30/2015  9:06 PM
FireWoodson wrote:From Coach Thibodeau to Zebo the NBA is flooded with greats that the Knicks let get away. Well, add another to that long list - Andrea Bargnani.
Report from Nets camp yesterday is that during their five on five scrimmage the ex-Knick was highly productive in the offense department including going baseline for a dunk.

What the hell is wrong with our organization? JR, Shump, Amare, Chandler, Bargnani....we have these great pieces and we just let them get away.
But we still hold on to Pete Sampras as our point guard! Hooray!
Bargnani already playing great and making us look like the joke of all NBA organizations. This is messed up.

Yawn yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

9/30/2015  9:08 PM
FireWoodson wrote:I was actually at that Knicks/Sixers game in which Bargnani went down like a Malaysian airliner and I have to tell you that every fan in the Garden was hushed and worried sick when we saw it. Believe me, us Knick fans at the Garden that night all turned to each other and said, "Man, with no Bargnani we're only going to win 17 games next year." We were right. Exactly right.

You can laugh, but the loss of a big man is always dreadful consequences for a team. How'd the Lakers do without Gasol last year? How are the Magic doing without Dwight Howard? Bargs already is killing it in Nets training camp. Baseline dunk! Bargnani is now another name on a long list of "the ones that got away."

Alright.......why didn't anyone mention we were doing a comedy day today on here??

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
9/30/2015  9:49 PM
FireWoodson wrote:
Nalod wrote:even if successful as a Net im not gonna lament on him being a "Great one that got away".

Then what kind of fan are you? I'm a true Knick fan. I want every single Knick that we let go to go on and have an Andy Rautins career.

this is what happened when you were banned from here the first time. you've had an andy rautins posting career since.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
holfresh
Member: #1081

9/30/2015  10:08 PM
nyk4ever wrote:
FireWoodson wrote:
Nalod wrote:even if successful as a Net im not gonna lament on him being a "Great one that got away".

Then what kind of fan are you? I'm a true Knick fan. I want every single Knick that we let go to go on and have an Andy Rautins career.

this is what happened when you were banned from here the first time. you've had an andy rautins posting career since.

I'm curious..Who is he, Crossdresser?

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
10/1/2015  5:23 AM
I know all the reasons not to like Bargnani but he can score and would have fit the triangle well. Once the Knicks lost Ndour and Shved, then Bargs made sense. The Knicks have bangers and defense in OQuinn and Lopez who will play lots of minutes. Having a veteran who can put the ball in the hole would have helped and I would have chosen Bargnani rather than Seraphim.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/1/2015  8:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/1/2015  9:05 AM
FireWoodson wrote:

"Then what kind of fan are you?" Im an adult!
What you don't get is for every "One" that got away is usually an opportunity or a counter move. Zbo was an awful fit in NY if you don't remember.

Go to that moment in time without knowing the future and look a the parameters of the decision at that exact moment without the benefit of hindsight. Not easy to do, but while fans get to look back and be critical more times that not there are short windows of time to make decisions and you don't know how the rest of the pieces will fall.

Same for Bargnani. While I can't pretend to be in phils head Im just going on what I read and it seems like he made a decision based on his practice habits seen first hand and decided to let him walk. One has to think there are better players at the position that can be procured. KP is first in line. SO maybe he sees carrying him as an obstacle to KP's minutes, or perhaps it was Barg's himself that decided that if the money is not there, playing time can be found elsewhere. I think he was headed out west until HE called BKN and said he wanted to stay in NY and would play for vet min.

Ex Knicks failure of success have not bearing on the team. What kind of fan am I? Focused on who is here, no who is gone.

I am long on record that if you change the decision making process you end up with better results. I would hope we can stop paying top dollar for players who don't pan out here. Eddy, Jerome James, Crawford, Bargnani, Zebo, and of course AMARE!!!. What they do after is interesting, but not relevant. Zbo obviously matured in Memphis and he got to pair with Marc Gasol who is now a solid all-star and top 5 center in the game. Who in the knicks has been as good as he was? Chemistry has a lot to do with it. They have also been together now a number of years. Knicks since Z-bo has gone has had 4 coaching changes? 3 gm changes? Three presidents?

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
10/1/2015  9:22 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:Better than Andrea's awesome dunking ability (evidenced by that video up top) is his stellar team D. Can't teach that ability and awareness.

Just pure grit and determination by Bargs here. Maybe the most gifted defense I've ever seen in my life.

Kind of day im having, i needed this laugh..thanks chuck

My pleasure knicks1248! My favorite gif is the nod of approval from Melo on that defensive stand.

Brooklyn got a gem over there...

FireWoodson
Member: #5899

10/1/2015  12:16 PM
Nalod wrote:What kind of fan am I? Focused on who is here, not who is gone.

"Those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

You always have to assess your past moves and focus on the ones you let get away. That's how you learn. The Boston Red Sox let a guy named Babe Ruth get away. They looked back at that, learned from it, and because of the lessons learned from the Ruth debacle they did not let David Ortiz go and have won two World Series.

Now can you imagine how great we would be if we still had Zebo, Nene, Jamal Crawford, Tyson Chandler, Wilson Chandler, Shump, JR, Lin, Jordan Hill.... Man, that's a hell of a team. Hell of a lot better than Melo, Pete Sampras, and Stymie.

Nalod
USA
10/1/2015  12:28 PM
FireWoodson wrote:

You always have to assess your past moves and focus on the ones you let get away. That's how you learn. The Boston Red Sox let a guy named Babe Ruth get away. They looked back at that, learned from it, and because of the lessons learned from the Ruth debacle they did not let David Ortiz go and have won two World Series.

Now can you imagine how great we would be if we still had Zebo, Nene, Jamal Crawford, Tyson Chandler, Wilson Chandler, Shump, JR, Lin, Jordan Hill.... Man, that's a hell of a team. Hell of a lot better than Melo, Pete Sampras, and Stymie.

I don't have time to look at the contracts and the time line of them vs. the cap. That team would also have its own draft picks and net effect would change the order. For example how does Tyson come here if we don't buy out Billings?? Do we sign JR if we did not deplete the roster at the time JR was returning from China after he needed to get paid after the strike?
YOu went from Babe Ruth to Ortiz? Wow!!!!!

Without being offensive, lets just say your looking at it very simplistically and drawing your own conclusion. You forgot Gallo btw!!!

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/1/2015  12:33 PM
Nalod wrote:
FireWoodson wrote:

I don't have time to look at the contracts and the time line of them vs. the cap. That team would also have its own draft picks and net effect would change the order. For example how does Tyson come here if we don't buy out Billings?? Do we sign JR if we did not deplete the roster at the time JR was returning from China after he needed to get paid after the strike?

Without being offensive, lets just say your looking at it very simplistically and drawing your own conclusion. You forgot Gallo btw!!!

Why are you trying to inject realism into a pretty hilarious Twilight Zone type posting riff?
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/1/2015  12:44 PM
Bargs has talent but it was best that we moved on. There's more to it than just having talent. The guys we've added have more heart and desire for the game. That's important too. It just made sense not to have the doubts that Bargs brings in terms of his health. It seems Phil was frustrated and I don't blame him. I have been a big supporter of Bargs talent. Bargs should've had a much better career so far based on his talent!! It's a new day and I can fully understand Phil wanting to make this team reflect his mentality on the game. He wants passion and heart. Bargs has talent but he doesn't have the Passion and Heart that Phil wants to see. Bargs had his chance here. No hard feelings, but it's best to move on.
Nalod
USA
10/1/2015  12:56 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Nalod wrote:
FireWoodson wrote:

Why are you trying to inject realism into a pretty hilarious Twilight Zone type posting riff?

Your right, I should be fueling it!

Babe Ruth batting behind Carl Yazstremski would have been amazing!
Fred Lynn leading off, Dom Diamaggio and Ortiz wold be crazy.
Do you think if Louis Tiant had a better Rookie season they would not have sold Ruth?

RicanHavok
Member: #4274
USA
10/1/2015  2:07 PM
Troll much?
H1AND1
Member: #5648

10/1/2015  2:42 PM
FireWoodson wrote: JR, Shump, Amare, Chandler, Bargnani....we have these great pieces and we just let them get away.

LOL. Can I get your dealer's number? He has some good shiz apparently.

I never ever, EVER thought I'd live to see the day when I'd see a post pining for Bargs.

BARGS! BARGS!

HAHAHAHAHA!

grillco
Member: #3202

10/1/2015  2:57 PM
I'm sure this has been covered, but humor me...

Let's say he's really found himself (for the first time). In doing so let's see how long this new found realization of his potential lasts AND remember that getting dumped by the Knicks (or any team) is often a HUGE motivator for a player.

Do you think Zach's game elevated just because of the new team? Nope. A massive part of the equation was that he was let go by the Knicks under the very loudly pretense of not being a piece that would contribute to their future. Talk about lighting a fire.

With Bargs, he's got the added incentive as he's now playing for the crosstown rivals. He's going to play against the Knicks at least four times face-to-face and EVERY day in the standings. But again, will he maintain anything to the actual season? Will it last through the season? Will any potential elevated and consistent AND healthy play actually help the Nets be a better team? We'll have to wait and see, but I don't recommend holding your breath.

holfresh
Member: #1081

10/1/2015  3:28 PM
grillco wrote:I'm sure this has been covered, but humor me...

Let's say he's really found himself (for the first time). In doing so let's see how long this new found realization of his potential lasts AND remember that getting dumped by the Knicks (or any team) is often a HUGE motivator for a player.

Do you think Zach's game elevated just because of the new team? Nope. A massive part of the equation was that he was let go by the Knicks under the very loudly pretense of not being a piece that would contribute to their future. Talk about lighting a fire.

With Bargs, he's got the added incentive as he's now playing for the crosstown rivals. He's going to play against the Knicks at least four times face-to-face and EVERY day in the standings. But again, will he maintain anything to the actual season? Will it last through the season? Will any potential elevated and consistent AND healthy play actually help the Nets be a better team? We'll have to wait and see, but I don't recommend holding your breath.

Zach always had game..Zach was a stud before he got here and after..They wanted to clear space for Bron and MDA was about pick and roll players at PF..Now what would have been interesting is MDA preaching P&R to Bron..

Another One The Knicks Let Get Away -- Bargnani

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy