Member: #582
9/14/2015  4:01 PM
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Finestrg wrote:You know, another pretty good player I see Hernangomez having some similarities with -- Enes Kanter. Imagine if this dude develops into a player close to Kanter, maybe with better defense?? I'll take that..

Tiago Splitter and Varejao jump out at me. He's still a kid though. He seems to have the drive to get better. I follow him all over social media. I like the kid. When Pau and Marc retire he's going to be ready to take their place.

Don't really know either of those players, haven't watched non-Knicks basketball in a long time, but Hernangomez reminds me of an offensive version of Charles Oakley, but perhaps only because he is big and can't really jump. Don't know if Hernangomez has a 15-18" jumpshot but his hands seem really good and it looks like he can finish around the rim. He runs the floor and at least puts in a ton of energy on the defensive end albeit perhaps not as productive on that side of the court. Young kid and I hope he can move his feet on D. Exciting prospect.

I see the Oakley comparison. Moves alot like him. Kid is very fundementally sound. He's not out there jumping out the gym. He's banging. He's not dropping the shoulder or throwing elbows. He's sealing off space with his body. I love that. Very exciting kid.

Knicks will have a decent front court rotation: KP, Lopez, OQuin, Willy. Nothing flashy outside of the KP potential but it's solid. Bigs and PGs and all star talent are the hardest to get; Melo and Grant are the only other 2 long term contracts, so it's a start.

Don't forget Seraphin. That guy is on the cusp of being good too. Knicks are on to something. Love to see how the pieces settle. If everyone plays well what do you do?

I don't expect Seraphin to be Knicks player beyond this year. And if everyone plays well, it's a good problem to have.

It's a good problem to have, but not with a coach like fisher, who will play guys token minutes, and ruin any chance of chemistry.

I'm praying to god this guy doesnt go with a 10 to 14 man rotation

ES
AUTOADVERT
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

9/14/2015  4:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/14/2015  4:20 PM
A more fluid Mitch McGary/poor man's Enes Kanter maybe?

Who knows...Definitely a player I'm looking forward to seeing eventually.

nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
9/14/2015  7:19 PM
Finestrg wrote:A more fluid Mitch McGary/poor man's Enes Kanter maybe?

I like his fire and passion for the game. Some players just give you everything they've got and it makes up for a lack of athletic ability. He just gives me that vide that he's an ALL IN player.

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
9/14/2015  8:13 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Finestrg wrote:You know, another pretty good player I see Hernangomez having some similarities with -- Enes Kanter. Imagine if this dude develops into a player close to Kanter, maybe with better defense?? I'll take that..

Tiago Splitter and Varejao jump out at me. He's still a kid though. He seems to have the drive to get better. I follow him all over social media. I like the kid. When Pau and Marc retire he's going to be ready to take their place.

Don't really know either of those players, haven't watched non-Knicks basketball in a long time, but Hernangomez reminds me of an offensive version of Charles Oakley, but perhaps only because he is big and can't really jump. Don't know if Hernangomez has a 15-18" jumpshot but his hands seem really good and it looks like he can finish around the rim. He runs the floor and at least puts in a ton of energy on the defensive end albeit perhaps not as productive on that side of the court. Young kid and I hope he can move his feet on D. Exciting prospect.

I see the Oakley comparison. Moves alot like him. Kid is very fundementally sound. He's not out there jumping out the gym. He's banging. He's not dropping the shoulder or throwing elbows. He's sealing off space with his body. I love that. Very exciting kid.

Knicks will have a decent front court rotation: KP, Lopez, OQuin, Willy. Nothing flashy outside of the KP potential but it's solid. Bigs and PGs and all star talent are the hardest to get; Melo and Grant are the only other 2 long term contracts, so it's a start.

Don't forget Seraphin. That guy is on the cusp of being good too. Knicks are on to something. Love to see how the pieces settle. If everyone plays well what do you do?

I don't expect Seraphin to be Knicks player beyond this year. And if everyone plays well, it's a good problem to have.

It's a good problem to have, but not with a coach like fisher, who will play guys token minutes, and ruin any chance of chemistry.

I'm praying to god this guy doesnt go with a 10 to 14 man rotation

Playing system basketball should alleviate some of your concern.

Think about it.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Finestrg
Member: #1069

9/14/2015  8:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/14/2015  8:41 PM
nixluva wrote:
Finestrg wrote:A more fluid Mitch McGary/poor man's Enes Kanter maybe?

I like his fire and passion for the game. Some players just give you everything they've got and it makes up for a lack of athletic ability. He just gives me that vide that he's an ALL IN player.

Yeah, I feel good about him too. Not only is he good big man insurance for the 2016/2017 season (there's a chance Seraphin and D-Will won't be Knicks beyond this year), he actually looks like he can play. From what I've seen, the guy looks pretty polished -- he can play in the post and he shows a jumper with some range in a few of his Youtube vids. Very intriguing, no doubt.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
9/15/2015  2:36 PM
Kanter? He reminds me of a different Kentucky big man.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/16/2015  10:26 AM
I like that Hernangomez runs the floor, but I really cant draw too much from that clip. Havent seen much of him, but Im reading comparisons to players who are more about energy than athleticism. If Hernangomez can do the little things like diving for loose balls, taking charges, setting hard picks, that would be a big help going forward.
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
10/9/2015  4:20 AM
double post but...

Anyone catch hernangomez last night against the Celtics? He was only 2-6 in 21 minutes, but had a block and 7 rebounds (4 offensive!). Not terrible, but the rebounds are extremely good.
Also, wonder if Real Madrid has more games against NBA teams coming up?

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
Hernangomez highlights

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy