A little imagination.....Rubio
Author Thread
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
9/5/2015  12:04 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:Look at his numbers and what magic fans have said before you say anything. You haven't seen him play so I kindly ask you to stfu until then.

I have seen him play more than the highlight video you prob beating off to....

have never seen him play. you're telling me you've seen an entire magic game in the last two seasons?!? you'd be lying.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

9/5/2015  12:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/5/2015  12:13 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:Look at his numbers and what magic fans have said before you say anything. You haven't seen him play so I kindly ask you to stfu until then.

have never seen him play. you're telling me you've seen an entire magic game in the last two seasons?!? you'd be lying.

I have seen Magic games but no in it's entirety..I wasn't tuning in to see him to be honest...More to see Oladipo and Payton..Eariler to see Afflalo..I saw more Affalo games than the other two..But I know for sure you never saw him...That is a guarantee...

Posters on every board question whether you see the Knicks games you comment on...Making comments on things you have never seen isn't new to you...Remember your imfamous thread.."Elepahant in the room, Why isn't Carmelo guarding LeBron"????...Every poster said he was guarding LeBron????

DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

9/5/2015  12:14 PM
Nalod wrote:Kids got a contract for 14mil a year for next 4 years.
Big guard with spotty shot. Can he fix it and get better? Im not talking about youtube practice or article how he is working 28 hours a day taking 20,000 shots so we dont' really know if he is fixing it or not.

Superior ball handle skills, court vision and decent defender. Minny might be in dump mode if they can't get a good deal for him.
Kid has starphuch marketability.

Calderon contract gets you half way there. We have any trade exemptions?

Can "Phish" rehabilitate this kid so he stays healthy? Shoot better? Zen?
Can Grant be even better than Rubio sooner than later?

http://hoopshype.com/storyline/ricky-rubio-trade/

No Rubio
take the money$ ?

Normally a skill like Rubio is no brainer.. I get that part

Knickerbockers cannot take on a guy like Rubio whom spent his career on IL
And continues to best be in street clothes suits all the time for his NBA job.

Nope nope nope nope no
He ain't getting healthy here in NYC.,
Though DJ agrees he is a nice thought or aftermath thoughts

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/5/2015  12:20 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

You haven't? Don't you watch them when they play the Knicks?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dk7th
USA
9/5/2015  12:30 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

I have seen Magic games but no in it's entirety..I wasn't tuning in to see him to be honest...More to see Oladipo and Payton..Eariler to see Afflalo..I saw more Affalo games then the other two..But I know for sure you never saw him...That is a guarantee...

i just said as much. don't matter, tho.. i am using the numbers from basketballreference to make an assessment, and it has worked for me just fine. if i'm wrong about him i'll man up and admit as much. and if you're wrong...?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
dk7th
USA
9/5/2015  12:32 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

don't remember watching the magic. i don't waste my time watching bad teams... i got plenty of that from the knicks the last two years.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/5/2015  12:48 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

don't remember watching the magic. i don't waste my time watching bad teams... i got plenty of that from the knicks the last two years.

I would wait and see this guy then before predicting what type of player he is. I like O'Quinn. I also follow him a bit because I am in a couple of fantasy basketball leagues and he is a big guy that can hit the three a little. Depending on how points are for the league that can be valuable.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dk7th
USA
10/8/2015  9:09 AM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

I have seen Magic games but no in it's entirety..I wasn't tuning in to see him to be honest...More to see Oladipo and Payton..Eariler to see Afflalo..I saw more Affalo games then the other two..But I know for sure you never saw him...That is a guarantee...

i just said as much. don't matter, tho.. i am using the numbers from basketballreference to make an assessment, and it has worked for me just fine. if i'm wrong about him i'll man up and admit as much. and if you're wrong...?

ok so we all saw o'quinn play last night. somebody has some manning up to do....

holfresh

10/8/2015  9:14 AM
dk7th wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

ok so we all saw o'quinn play last night. somebody has some manning up to do....

So his story as a Knick is now written playing against a Brazilian club team??..Listen I hope he does well here in NY..But you can see the defensive limitations..He did well rebounding and shooting..But he is slow of foot and lacks reaction time like most of our bigs..We will struggle defensively..But enjoy the debut, I did...

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
10/8/2015  9:16 AM
Pretty slow of foot and molasses reaction time displayed here:

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/8/2015  10:09 AM
Dude is bigger than Oak.......
dk7th
USA
10/8/2015  11:10 AM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

So his story as a Knick is now written playing against a Brazilian club team??..Listen I hope he does well here in NY..But you can see the defensive limitations..He did well rebounding and shooting..But he is slow of foot and lacks reaction time like most of our bigs..We will struggle defensively..But enjoy the debut, I did...

where there's smoke there's fire. i said he would be good for the knicks, and frankly the level of competition was good enough to make an assessment on o'quinn. you yourself said he should start: "Fish needs to start O'Quinn and Gallo for better defense and rebounding.."

i also stressed that o'quinn was a good passer, like diaw. he made two TERRIFIC playmaking passes last night. one from the elbow to a cutter and one off the dribble in traffic. he sees the floor well.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/8/2015  11:40 AM
Hopefully O'Quinn sheds a few pounds...he could easily lose 15 with no impact on his power game.

Guy just looked like a baller. Feel more confident in his decision making than Seraphin.

Both he and the Frenchman are slow of foot, though, but at this point I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt because it is so early in the season.

One thing for me is that if we are going to be hurt a bit because of team speed, it is imperative that we take advantage of opponents on the boards and punish them in the paint.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
holfresh

10/8/2015  11:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2015  11:44 AM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

where there's smoke there's fire. i said he would be good for the knicks, and frankly the level of competition was good enough to make an assessment on o'quinn. you yourself said he should start: "Fish needs to start O'Quinn and Gallo for better defense and rebounding.."

i also stressed that o'quinn was a good passer, like diaw. he made two TERRIFIC playmaking passes last night. one from the elbow to a cutter and one off the dribble in traffic. he sees the floor well.

O'Quinn is not a good defender by any means but he is a better option than KP is right now..O"Quinn is slow footed like Seraphin and didn't help on guys who lost their man..At least both have some offense to bring to the table...O'Quinn is a bench player, let's not get it twisted but right now KP is lost out there..He was bumping in Melo on offensive sets and sometimes just standing still...KP doesn't rebound at all..So by no means it's an endorsement...
dk7th
USA
10/9/2015  8:28 AM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

O'Quinn is not a good defender by any means but he is a better option than KP is right now..O"Quinn is slow footed like Seraphin and didn't help on guys who lost their man..At least both have some offense to bring to the table...O'Quinn is a bench player, let's not get it twisted but right now KP is lost out there..He was bumping in Melo on offensive sets and sometimes just standing still...KP doesn't rebound at all..So by no means it's an endorsement...

firstly, his advanced numbers, DBPM or defensive box plus/minus show that o'quinn is an above-average defender, ie a good defender. secondly, i don't think you can make an assessment on the knicks defensively, and against a team that put up 43 three-pointers. i was surprised at kp starting and playing that many minutes, and so far as kp bumping into melo, i think they call that "setting a pick."

regardless, my starting lineup remains the same: lopez, o'quinn, melo, afflalo, either grant or galloway.

no i do NOT want to see calderon out there.

holfresh

10/9/2015  9:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/9/2015  9:28 AM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

firstly, his advanced numbers, DBPM or defensive box plus/minus show that o'quinn is an above-average defender, ie a good defender. secondly, i don't think you can make an assessment on the knicks defensively, and against a team that put up 43 three-pointers. i was surprised at kp starting and playing that many minutes, and so far as kp bumping into melo, i think they call that "setting a pick."

regardless, my starting lineup remains the same: lopez, o'quinn, melo, afflalo, either grant or galloway.

What did his advanced numbers say when he was benched and racking up dnp for not playing defense in Orlando..

dk7th
USA
10/9/2015  11:24 AM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

What did his advanced numbers say when he was benched and racking up dnp for not playing defense in Orlando..

i am not going to return to that debate with you. you see him as a starter which is your admitting you were wrong about him, wringing endorsement or no. he made some terrific passes, diaw-like.

holfresh

10/9/2015  11:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/9/2015  11:28 AM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

i am not going to return to that debate with you. you see him as a starter which is your admitting you were wrong about him, wringing endorsement or no. he made some terrific passes, diaw-like.

Weren't you in a hessie fit over KP starting and being the focus of the offense? Changed your mind?

A little imagination.....Rubio

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy