A little imagination.....Rubio
Author Thread
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

9/4/2015  9:04 AM
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:
holfresh wrote:Are we still in the business of sizing up players with bad contracts who are always hurt?

We as fans on a websie are in the business of discussing players.

14mil is not an awful contract anymore.

Knicks are in the business of evaluating players that would be enhanced by a system and environment conducive to success.

O'Quinn and Derrik Williams are such type "risks". Their contracts are not as large as Rubio. Someimes players mature and stop getting hurt, and sometimes in the right circumstances they blossom.
Fear not Holfresh, Nalod has no power to sign or make trades and if I did, I would not confer with the faithful here.

Cousins at 14 mil per is good...Rubio at 14 mil per isn't good...There are currently many "risk" players on the roster..We made a "risk" pick...I'm not sure how Rubio fits given the offense we run...He isn't a wing, his true skills of passing wouldn't be frequently used given historically his role would be one of a spot up shooter, which he isn't good at...The wings do a majority of the ball handling..He eats into projected next years cap space increase..Seems like the target next year is Durant...I'll pass...

Ditto. Rubio would be a poor fit for our offense, he's not an elite defender, his contract (while not albatross level) is not justified by his play, and we sure as hell shouldn't give away any future picks to land him. Grant is our guy moving forward. Save the cap for next year. Patience will be its own reward in our new paradigm.

AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
9/4/2015  10:31 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Nalod wrote:
holfresh wrote:Are we still in the business of sizing up players with bad contracts who are always hurt?

Knicks are in the business of evaluating players that would be enhanced by a system and environment conducive to success.

O'Quinn and Derrik Williams are such type "risks". Their contracts are not as large as Rubio. Someimes players mature and stop getting hurt, and sometimes in the right circumstances they blossom.
Fear not Holfresh, Nalod has no power to sign or make trades and if I did, I would not confer with the faithful here.

why is o'quinn a risk? he's a stout defender and a good passer.

He was riding the bench on a lottery team last year..

his numbers suggest he could be similar to boris diaw. diaw would be great in the triangle. again, you prove incapable of grasping context.

Wasn't he hurt for a lot of last year. Also, for some reason Vaughn didn't like him. Knicks gain in my opinion. One of my favorite acquisitions and an early candidate for my favorite Knick next year.

if he can give you 75% of what diaw brings in terms of floor impact that would be a great gain for the knicks.

I like his game. He reminds me of a few guys when I have watched him. I think he will be really good on the Knicks. Seraphin, O'quinn, Rolo and Porzingis is a really nice bigs rotation.

who does he remind you of? his numbers suggest diaw-lite.

Diaw-Like??..What's that, fat, overweight and slow??

do you have any idea how dumb that post is? any at all..

Can't be as dumb as trying to say he is Diaw-Lite..

school is now in session: give me your assessment of o'quinn's game.

As a second-round pick out of tiny Norfolk State, Magic C-PF Kyle O’Quinn was authoring a feel-good underdog story his first two NBA seasons. But reality caught up with him during 2014-15.

O’Quinn took a step back after a solid month of December (8.6 ppg., 4.6 rpg., 52 percent shooting) watching his minutes steadily decrease the second half of the season.

He didn’t play in 15 of the Magic’s final 25 games.

A coaching change affected O’Quinn, who fell behind journeyman Dewayne Dedmon in the rotation.
Interim coach James Borrego turned to the aggressive Dedmon in an attempt to help a porous defense and give Orlando energy.
O'Quinn can pass for a big...Diaw handles the ball..There is a difference..Diaw can play point forward and O'Quin can't, there is a difference..

I know you watch a lot of ball. You really don't like O'Quinn? I think his best position is the 5. Not sure if he should start at the 4 but I think he is a really solid player and a great locker room guy.

you and a few others need to cease assigning numbers to these players, 4 or 5 and whatnot. the triangle offense doesn't require these designations. o'quinn, as with every other "frontcourt" player on the team is destined to be a post player and his numbers suggest he can be an effective passer. as to assigning a number to him as a result of who he is best-suited to guard, this is really irrelevant or an afterthought.

i see a guy who is a younger version of diaw or perhaps turiaf, but a better rebounder than both. that will be a good thing for the knicks.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

9/4/2015  1:58 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Nalod wrote:

why is o'quinn a risk? he's a stout defender and a good passer.

He was riding the bench on a lottery team last year..

his numbers suggest he could be similar to boris diaw. diaw would be great in the triangle. again, you prove incapable of grasping context.

Wasn't he hurt for a lot of last year. Also, for some reason Vaughn didn't like him. Knicks gain in my opinion. One of my favorite acquisitions and an early candidate for my favorite Knick next year.

if he can give you 75% of what diaw brings in terms of floor impact that would be a great gain for the knicks.

I like his game. He reminds me of a few guys when I have watched him. I think he will be really good on the Knicks. Seraphin, O'quinn, Rolo and Porzingis is a really nice bigs rotation.

who does he remind you of? his numbers suggest diaw-lite.

Diaw-Like??..What's that, fat, overweight and slow??

do you have any idea how dumb that post is? any at all..

Can't be as dumb as trying to say he is Diaw-Lite..

school is now in session: give me your assessment of o'quinn's game.

As a second-round pick out of tiny Norfolk State, Magic C-PF Kyle O’Quinn was authoring a feel-good underdog story his first two NBA seasons. But reality caught up with him during 2014-15.

O’Quinn took a step back after a solid month of December (8.6 ppg., 4.6 rpg., 52 percent shooting) watching his minutes steadily decrease the second half of the season.

He didn’t play in 15 of the Magic’s final 25 games.

A coaching change affected O’Quinn, who fell behind journeyman Dewayne Dedmon in the rotation.
Interim coach James Borrego turned to the aggressive Dedmon in an attempt to help a porous defense and give Orlando energy.
O'Quinn can pass for a big...Diaw handles the ball..There is a difference..Diaw can play point forward and O'Quin can't, there is a difference..

I know you watch a lot of ball. You really don't like O'Quinn? I think his best position is the 5. Not sure if he should start at the 4 but I think he is a really solid player and a great locker room guy.

you and a few others need to cease assigning numbers to these players, 4 or 5 and whatnot. the triangle offense doesn't require these designations. o'quinn, as with every other "frontcourt" player on the team is destined to be a post player and his numbers suggest he can be an effective passer. as to assigning a number to him as a result of who he is best-suited to guard, this is really irrelevant or an afterthought.

i see a guy who is a younger version of diaw or perhaps turiaf, but a better rebounder than both. that will be a good thing for the knicks.

Well he is going to have to play defense against 4s or 5s and whatnot.

dk7th
USA
9/4/2015  2:57 PM
What did. I just say
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
holfresh

9/4/2015  4:55 PM
dk7th wrote:What did. I just say

A lot a stupid shet...

dk7th
USA
9/4/2015  9:23 PM
holfresh wrote:

A lot a stupid shet...

what was stupid about it? i said don't bother labeling o'quinn on offense, it's an empty exercise within the context of the triangle. so far as who he will defend, it will be split between pf and center. what is your problem this time, einstein?

holfresh

9/4/2015  10:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/4/2015  10:24 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

A lot a stupid shet...

what was stupid about it? i said don't bother labeling o'quinn on offense, it's an empty exercise within the context of the triangle. so far as who he will defend, it will be split between pf and center. what is your problem this time, einstein?

You have never seen him play over a period of time and you are projecting him to be a player like X and not Y..Don't put labels on him??...Take some time and read the Magic websites if you are that much interested in O'Quinn..Most think he is a player who needs development..They feel last year was a setback for him because his minutes weren't always steady..So hold your horses on the Diaw-lite proclamation..This is a guy trying to find his way in the NBA..

dk7th
USA
9/4/2015  10:59 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

A lot a stupid shet...

You have never seen him play over a period of time and you are projecting him to be a player like X and not Y..Don't put labels on him??...Take some time and read the Magic websites if you are that much interested in O'Quinn..Most think he is a player who needs development..They feel last year was a setback for him because his minutes weren't always steady..So hold your horses on the Diaw-lite proclamation..This is a guy trying to find his way in the NBA..

send me the jumps and i'll have a look... but if the posters there are the usual dumbasses i am sure it will be of little value to me.. especially those you agree with

holfresh

9/4/2015  11:15 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

A lot a stupid shet...

send me the jumps and i'll have a look... but if the posters there are the usual dumbasses i am sure it will be of little value to me.. especially those you agree with

Which I why I won't waste my time..

dk7th
USA
9/4/2015  11:23 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

A lot a stupid shet...

how many games have you seen him play, holfresh.

lying is a non-starter

holfresh

9/4/2015  11:46 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

A lot a stupid shet...

lying is a non-starter

Clearly not enough to be making proclamations...
dk7th
USA
9/5/2015  12:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/5/2015  12:17 AM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

A lot a stupid shet...

lying is a non-starter

my proclamations are based on research of the numbers, yours contributions are all hearsay. numbers don't lie, people do. hence i kindly suggest you stfu..

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/5/2015  12:34 AM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

A lot a stupid shet...

lying is a non-starter

my proclamations are based on research of the numbers, yours contributions are all hearsay. numbers don't lie, people do. hence i kindly suggest you stfu..

You need to watch games. You certainly can use numbers if you have seen the player. I would guess I have seen O'quinn play 6 times. Never focused in on him but msg used to talk about O'Quinn, Harris, and Harkless because they all were from ny during pregames when the Magic played the Knicks. Never watched him and thought he looked like Diaw ever.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
holfresh

9/5/2015  12:41 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

A lot a stupid shet...

lying is a non-starter

You need to watch games. You certainly can use numbers if you have seen the player. I would guess I have seen O'quinn play 6 times. Never focused in on him but msg used to talk about O'Quinn, Harris, and Harkless because they all were from ny during pregames when the Magic played the Knicks. Never watched him and thought he looked like Diaw ever.

The very few times I saw him..Diaw wasn't ever in my mind..Again I really didn't focus on him when he played..

holfresh

9/5/2015  12:46 AM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

A lot a stupid shet...

lying is a non-starter

I remember working late nights and missed a few Knick games..I used to look at the box score and thought I knew what happened in the game..After watching those games later, It was never like I thought it was..

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

9/5/2015  10:52 AM
Nalod wrote:I don't like Rubio's contract but if he become a decent shooter then what?

I said "a little imagination". Minny needs some vet leadership and Rubio is expendable for them.

And why is he "expendable" for them?

WHY?

I keep saying it over and over on this board - PLAYER X THAT EVERYONE DEMANDS THE KNICKS GET, THAT PLAYER IS AVAILABLE FOR A REASON. PROBABLY MANY REASONS. AND OFTEN THOSE REASONS ARE NOT GOOD.

Also banking on what a player could be is a risk you take when he's a rookie, maybe in his 2nd year, it's not a risk you want to take in his 5th year.

The Rubio contract is like the Joe Johnson one and the Carlos Boozer one, it looks like and smells like a bad contract the minute it was signed, which is always a bad omen for any player.

The same reason why the Knicks don't want some of their players and want to unload them are the EXACT SAME REASONS WHY THE NON KNICKS TEAM doesn't want them.

The same reason why the non Knicks team don't want some of their own players and want to unload them SHOULD BE the EXACT SAME REASONS WHY THE KNICK SHOULD NOT WANT THEM.

How that basic principle eludes so many in lopsided or bizarre trade scenario after trade scenario is baffling.

dk7th
USA
9/5/2015  10:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/5/2015  11:55 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

A lot a stupid shet...

lying is a non-starter

i'm not going to watch teams that are bad or uninteresting. that's not my job. but lookit-- we will see o'quinn play soon enough and then you can call me on it or acknowledge that i extrapolated properly based on his numbers. to all intents and purposes, if you want to take the holfresh route and read what magic fans have to say aobout o'quinn, you should be able to find plenty of posts that corroborate my assertions, namely that he is a good passer and rebounder and his defensive stats are good too... that he has found posts to the opposite and cast him in a negative light, well, that's just pure hating, and i expect a whole bunch of hating from holfresh this season. game threads will be a hoot especially.

holfresh

9/5/2015  11:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/5/2015  11:15 AM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

A lot a stupid shet...

lying is a non-starter

i'm not going to watch teams that are bad or interesting. that's not my job. but lookit-- we will see o'quinn play soon enough and then you can call me on it or acknowledge that i extrapolated properly based on his numbers. to all intents and purposes, if you want to take the holfresh route and read what magic fans have to say about o'quinn, you should be able to find plenty of posts that corroborate my assertions, namely that he is a good passer and rebounder and his defensive stats are good too... that he has found posts to the opposite and cast him in a negative light, well, that's just pure hating, and i expect a whole bunch of hating from holfresh this season. game threads will be a hoot especially.

Is it hate to say he needs continued development and comparing him to Boris Diaw is a reach??..You haven't seen him play..You aren't being realistic..No one will call you out, it's just too stupid...
dk7th
USA
9/5/2015  11:57 AM
Look at his numbers and what magic fans have said before you say anything. You haven't seen him play so I kindly ask you to stfu until then.
holfresh

9/5/2015  12:00 PM
dk7th wrote:Look at his numbers and what magic fans have said before you say anything. You haven't seen him play so I kindly ask you to stfu until then.

I have seen him play more than the highlight video you prob beating off to....

A little imagination.....Rubio

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy