dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
9/3/2015  10:29 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Nalod wrote:
holfresh wrote:Are we still in the business of sizing up players with bad contracts who are always hurt?

We as fans on a websie are in the business of discussing players.

14mil is not an awful contract anymore.

Knicks are in the business of evaluating players that would be enhanced by a system and environment conducive to success.

O'Quinn and Derrik Williams are such type "risks". Their contracts are not as large as Rubio. Someimes players mature and stop getting hurt, and sometimes in the right circumstances they blossom.
Fear not Holfresh, Nalod has no power to sign or make trades and if I did, I would not confer with the faithful here.

why is o'quinn a risk? he's a stout defender and a good passer.

He was riding the bench on a lottery team last year..

his numbers suggest he could be similar to boris diaw. diaw would be great in the triangle. again, you prove incapable of grasping context.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
9/3/2015  11:01 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Nalod wrote:
holfresh wrote:Are we still in the business of sizing up players with bad contracts who are always hurt?

Knicks are in the business of evaluating players that would be enhanced by a system and environment conducive to success.

O'Quinn and Derrik Williams are such type "risks". Their contracts are not as large as Rubio. Someimes players mature and stop getting hurt, and sometimes in the right circumstances they blossom.
Fear not Holfresh, Nalod has no power to sign or make trades and if I did, I would not confer with the faithful here.

his numbers suggest he could be similar to boris diaw. diaw would be great in the triangle. again, you prove incapable of grasping context.

Wasn't he hurt for a lot of last year. Also, for some reason Vaughn didn't like him. Knicks gain in my opinion. One of my favorite acquisitions and an early candidate for my favorite Knick next year.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dk7th
USA
9/3/2015  11:33 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Wasn't he hurt for a lot of last year. Also, for some reason Vaughn didn't like him. Knicks gain in my opinion. One of my favorite acquisitions and an early candidate for my favorite Knick next year.

if he can give you 75% of what diaw brings in terms of floor impact that would be a great gain for the knicks.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
USA
9/3/2015  11:39 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Nalod wrote:

if he can give you 75% of what diaw brings in terms of floor impact that would be a great gain for the knicks.

I like his game. He reminds me of a few guys when I have watched him. I think he will be really good on the Knicks. Seraphin, O'quinn, Rolo and Porzingis is a really nice bigs rotation.
dk7th
USA
9/3/2015  11:43 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I like his game. He reminds me of a few guys when I have watched him. I think he will be really good on the Knicks. Seraphin, O'quinn, Rolo and Porzingis is a really nice bigs rotation.

who does he remind you of? his numbers suggest diaw-lite.

holfresh
Member: #1081

9/3/2015  11:49 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Diaw-Like??..What's that, fat, overweight and slow??

dk7th
USA
9/3/2015  11:59 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Nalod wrote:

do you have any idea how dumb that post is? any at all..

holfresh

9/4/2015  12:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/4/2015  12:04 AM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Can't be as dumb as trying to say he is Diaw-Lite..

dk7th
USA
9/4/2015  12:12 AM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Nalod wrote:

school is now in session: give me your assessment of o'quinn's game.

holfresh

9/4/2015  12:22 AM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Nalod wrote:

As a second-round pick out of tiny Norfolk State, Magic C-PF Kyle O’Quinn was authoring a feel-good underdog story his first two NBA seasons. But reality caught up with him during 2014-15.

O’Quinn took a step back after a solid month of December (8.6 ppg., 4.6 rpg., 52 percent shooting) watching his minutes steadily decrease the second half of the season.

He didn’t play in 15 of the Magic’s final 25 games.

A coaching change affected O’Quinn, who fell behind journeyman Dewayne Dedmon in the rotation.
Interim coach James Borrego turned to the aggressive Dedmon in an attempt to help a porous defense and give Orlando energy.
O'Quinn can pass for a big...Diaw handles the ball..There is a difference..Diaw can play point forward and O'Quin can't, there is a difference..

dk7th
USA
9/4/2015  12:42 AM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Nalod wrote:

As a second-round pick out of tiny Norfolk State, Magic C-PF Kyle O’Quinn was authoring a feel-good underdog story his first two NBA seasons. But reality caught up with him during 2014-15.

O’Quinn took a step back after a solid month of December (8.6 ppg., 4.6 rpg., 52 percent shooting) watching his minutes steadily decrease the second half of the season.

A coaching change affected O’Quinn, who fell behind journeyman Dewayne Dedmon in the rotation.
Interim coach James Borrego turned to the aggressive Dedmon in an attempt to help a porous defense and give Orlando energy.
O'Quinn can pass for a big...Diaw handles the ball..There is a difference..Diaw can play point forward and O'Quin can't, there is a difference..

you haven't studied the numbers so you're basically ignint. he's a better defender than diaw, a better rebounder than diaw, but the key is he will be able to garner similar assist numbers in the triangle. i foresee potentially similar floor impact.. i wonder if this is stuff that's too advanced for u.. remedial bball is in the basement next to shop class and the janitors' closets.

CrushAlot
USA
9/4/2015  12:46 AM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I know you watch a lot of ball. You really don't like O'Quinn? I think his best position is the 5. Not sure if he should start at the 4 but I think he is a really solid player and a great locker room guy.
CrushAlot
USA
9/4/2015  12:50 AM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I think Diaw is pretty unique. O'Quinn can handle the ball a little and he can pass but not like Diaw at this point. Not sure if I could pick a guy he resembles in particular. His game is a little like Monroe's as well. I think he is a leader, he plays defense and is a really good locker room guy. High character. Reasonable contract. I think he will bust it on the court as a Knick and become a fan favorite.
holfresh

9/4/2015  12:52 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I know you watch a lot of ball. You really don't like O'Quinn? I think his best position is the 5. Not sure if he should start at the 4 but I think he is a really solid player and a great locker room guy.

I really don't dislike him..He doesn't play with the energy you would like for a big..But offensively he will be ok..He doesn't really play the post either..He will spot up and shoot...I'm not sure if he is motivated to play hard all the time...Wel will see..I'm just not convince every player that comes here makes a change for the better..

knicks1248
Member: #582
9/4/2015  12:54 AM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I think Diaw is a stretch as far as skill wise, but i think the circumstance (like diaw)can be very similar, right system, right role, better production.

ES
CrushAlot
USA
9/4/2015  12:58 AM
holfresh wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I really don't dislike him..He doesn't play with the energy you would like for a big..But offensively he will be ok..He doesn't really play the post either..He will spot up and shoot...I'm not sure if he is motivated to play hard all the time...Wel will see..I'm just not convince every player that comes here makes a change for the better..

I really liked him. I don't watch the magic a lot but was surprised with his poor numbers last year(had him on one of my fantasy teams) but I think he was hurt for awhile. Ankle? I think he has a good chance of being an exciting role player. A guy you get excited to see come off the bench. I am not sure what was up with him and Vaughn. Sometimes it is an issue with a particular coach but it could be on him.
dk7th
USA
9/4/2015  12:59 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I think Diaw is pretty unique. O'Quinn can handle the ball a little and he can pass but not like Diaw at this point. Not sure if I could pick a guy he resembles in particular. His game is a little like Monroe's as well. I think he is a leader, he plays defense and is a really good locker room guy. High character. Reasonable contract. I think he will bust it on the court as a Knick and become a fan favorite.

no argument here. what halfandhalfspoiled fails to grasp is that the triangle is not a "ballshandling" offense it's a passing offense, and passing out of the post is a priority. the triangle allows for improvisation on a team scale as contrasted with individual improvisation.

holfresh

9/4/2015  1:06 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I really liked him. I don't watch the magic a lot but was surprised with his poor numbers last year(had him on one of my fantasy teams) but I think he was hurt for awhile. Ankle? I think he has a good chance of being an exciting role player. A guy you get excited to see come off the bench. I am not sure what was up with him and Vaughn. Sometimes it is an issue with a particular coach but it could be on him.

It's wasn't Vaughn..It was the new coach who wanted a better defender..

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

9/4/2015  7:24 AM
Nalod wrote:14mil is not an awful contract anymore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beck_Weathers

Mount Everest
Main article: 1996 Mount Everest disaster

In May 1996, Weathers was one of eight clients being guided by celebrated guide Rob Hall of Adventure Consultants on Mount Everest. However, he soon discovered that he was blinded by the effects of high altitude and overexposure to ultraviolet radiation on his eyes that had been altered by radial keratotomy surgery,[2] the effects of altitude upon which had not been well described at the time. On May 10, the day of the summit assault, after telling Hall that he could not see, Hall wanted him to descend to Camp IV immediately. Weathers, however, believed that his vision might improve when the sun came out, so Hall had him promise that he would wait on the Balcony (27,000 ft) until he (Hall) came back down to descend with him.

Hall, up high waiting for another client to reach the summit, never came down to assist Weathers and later died high up on the mountain. Weathers eventually began descending with guide Michael Groom, who was short-roping him. When the blizzard struck, Weathers and 10 other men and women became disoriented in the storm, could not find Camp IV, and staggered around the South Col for several hours. When there was a break in the storm, Weathers had been so weakened that he and three other climbers were left there so the others could summon help. Anatoli Boukreev, a guide on another expedition led by Scott Fischer, came and rescued several climbers, but during that time, Weathers had stood up and disappeared into the night. The next day, another client on Rob Hall's team, Stuart Hutchison, and two Sherpas arrived to check on the status of Weathers and fellow client Yasuko Namba. Believing that Weathers and Namba were both near death and would not make it off the mountain alive, Hutchison and the others left and returned to Camp IV.

Weathers spent the night in an open bivouac in a blizzard with his face and hands exposed. When he awoke, he managed to walk down to Camp IV under his own power. His fellow climbers said that his frozen hand and nose looked and felt as if they were made of porcelain, and they did not expect him to survive. With that assumption, they only tried to make him comfortable until he died, but he survived another freezing night alone in a tent unable to drink, eat, or keep himself covered with the sleeping bags he was provided with. His cries for help could not be heard above the blizzard, and his companions were surprised to find him alive and coherent the following day.

Weathers was later helped to walk on frozen feet to a lower camp, where he was a subject of one of the highest altitude medical evacuations ever performed by helicopter.[3] Following his helicopter evacuation from the Western Cwm, he had his right arm amputated halfway between the elbow and wrist. All four fingers and the thumb on his left hand were removed, as well as parts of both feet. His nose was amputated and reconstructed with tissue from his ear and forehead.

I'm sure at some point, some folks will say, "Hey, that really sucks, but at least the guy isn't dead"

No, he's not dead. He just was left for dead several times, spent what must have felt like an eternity waiting to die or suffering in some of the worst conditions known to man and ended up with ONE FINGER as the final result, not discounting having to lose his nose and parts of his feet.

But hey, at least he's not dead, right?

The road between "not dead" and being somewhere ideal is a LONG ASS ROAD.

The road between "It's not an awful contract anymore" for another FOUR YEARS and an ideal place for the Knicks and their future salary cap is a LONG ASS ROAD.

Basic VORP ( Value Over Replacement Player) principle - Can ANY NBA franchise get 65-75 percent of Rubios production at 20-30 percent of the cost? Or less?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/4/2015  7:26 AM
Phil thinks O'quinn can break out a bit. Same for Dwilliams.
I don't like Rubio's contract but if he become a decent shooter then what?

I said "a little imagination". Minny needs some vet leadership and Rubio is expendable for them.

A little imagination.....Rubio

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy