[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

A little imagination.....Rubio
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/3/2015  10:36 AM
Kids got a contract for 14mil a year for next 4 years.
Big guard with spotty shot. Can he fix it and get better? Im not talking about youtube practice or article how he is working 28 hours a day taking 20,000 shots so we dont' really know if he is fixing it or not.

Superior ball handle skills, court vision and decent defender. Minny might be in dump mode if they can't get a good deal for him.
Kid has starphuch marketability.

Calderon contract gets you half way there. We have any trade exemptions?

Can "Phish" rehabilitate this kid so he stays healthy? Shoot better? Zen?
Can Grant be even better than Rubio sooner than later?

http://hoopshype.com/storyline/ricky-rubio-trade/

AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/3/2015  10:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/3/2015  10:50 AM
Knicks don't have the right assets. Teams don't operate with foresight. Next year all of a sudden calderon would be a valuable contact. That's how it is. Calderón would be better to help the development of the young guys they have there but they aren't thinking along those lines. At least not with Calderón.

I would take Rubio though. I like his game. Jerian Grant is still my guy though. Once he gets settled in to the nba I think he is what we need.

I also like Brandon Jennings. He could come in and start now, then when Jerian is ready he could fall back into a Lou Williams role. Detroit actually liked Calderón but traded him out of necessity. I could see them taking him back and running him with Reggie Jackson

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/3/2015  10:52 AM
Nalod wrote:Kids got a contract for 14mil a year for next 4 years.
Big guard with spotty shot. Can he fix it and get better? Im not talking about youtube practice or article how he is working 28 hours a day taking 20,000 shots so we dont' really know if he is fixing it or not.

Superior ball handle skills, court vision and decent defender. Minny might be in dump mode if they can't get a good deal for him.

Any trade involving rubio is going to require draft picks. Unless this roster falls completely flat on their face, it's hard to see phil making any trades. That would mean he fck'd up once again considering he just brought in 8 new players, and those are the only assets he has.

ES
Nalod
USA
9/3/2015  12:05 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Any trade involving rubio is going to require draft picks. Unless this roster falls completely flat on their face, it's hard to see phil making any trades. That would mean he fck'd up once again considering he just brought in 8 new players, and those are the only assets he has.

I doubt unless there is a fire sale we do an in season trade for a starting PG as it would take time for him to adjust to the system.
Basically I agree was don't have the trade assets nor would it be a good thing to bring guys here then trade them asap unless they requested.
I don't see us trading a future first like the 2018 pick.
Im looking forward to the current season and the growth of the guys we do have.

holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

9/3/2015  1:00 PM
Are we still in the business of sizing up players with bad contracts who are always hurt?
mreinman
Member: #3189

9/3/2015  1:04 PM
was the biggest fan of him coming in to the NBA. Now, I would stay a mile away. Terrible contract, always hurt, can't shoot a lick!!
so here is what phil is thinking ....
Nalod
USA
9/3/2015  1:34 PM
holfresh wrote:Are we still in the business of sizing up players with bad contracts who are always hurt?

We as fans on a websie are in the business of discussing players.

14mil is not an awful contract anymore.

Knicks are in the business of evaluating players that would be enhanced by a system and environment conducive to success.

O'Quinn and Derrik Williams are such type "risks". Their contracts are not as large as Rubio. Someimes players mature and stop getting hurt, and sometimes in the right circumstances they blossom.
Fear not Holfresh, Nalod has no power to sign or make trades and if I did, I would not confer with the faithful here.

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
9/3/2015  1:37 PM
Dude's entering his 5th year in the league and still can't shoot for shyt.

Grant hasn't played a single minute, and anyone with half a brain knows immediately he'll be a better shooter than Rubio.

Pass.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

9/3/2015  1:56 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Any trade involving rubio is going to require draft picks.
Unless this roster falls completely flat on their face, it's hard to see phil making any trades. That would mean he fck'd up once again considering he just brought in 8 new players, and those are the only assets he has.

So how many picks do you think Minny would need to give up for NY to take Rubio off their hands?

mreinman

9/3/2015  2:02 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Unless this roster falls completely flat on their face, it's hard to see phil making any trades. That would mean he fck'd up once again considering he just brought in 8 new players, and those are the only assets he has.

So how many picks do you think Minny would need to give up for NY to take Rubio off their hands?

give us future HOFer zach levine

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

9/3/2015  2:39 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Nah, give me Top 5 ever, Anthony Bennett.

re: Levine - Honestly, I was not big on Levine coming out but my general rule is to throw out rookies' first year stats.

mreinman

9/3/2015  3:07 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Nah, give me Top 5 ever, Anthony Bennett.

re: Levine - Honestly, I was not big on Levine coming out but my general rule is to throw out rookies' first year stats.

future mega mega star

Nalod
USA
9/3/2015  3:21 PM
"a little imagination"......We know Rubio is injury prone and has not had a good shot. Im curious if he has matured and perhaps has a regimen that he will use going forward as he is not young anymore to stay healthy, and if he has worked on his shot. Minny might just dump him.

Obviously Phil felt Bargnani would not rise up despite his talents. But he did with Derrick Williams.

holfresh

9/3/2015  4:35 PM
Nalod wrote:
holfresh wrote:Are we still in the business of sizing up players with bad contracts who are always hurt?

Knicks are in the business of evaluating players that would be enhanced by a system and environment conducive to success.

O'Quinn and Derrik Williams are such type "risks". Their contracts are not as large as Rubio. Someimes players mature and stop getting hurt, and sometimes in the right circumstances they blossom.
Fear not Holfresh, Nalod has no power to sign or make trades and if I did, I would not confer with the faithful here.

Cousins at 14 mil per is good...Rubio at 14 mil per isn't good...There are currently many "risk" players on the roster..We made a "risk" pick...I'm not sure how Rubio fits given the offense we run...He isn't a wing, his true skills of passing wouldn't be frequently used given historically his role would be one of a spot up shooter, which he isn't good at...The wings do a majority of the ball handling..He eats into projected next years cap space increase..Seems like the target next year is Durant...I'll pass...

wargames
Member: #6053

9/3/2015  4:50 PM
EnySpree wrote:Knicks don't have the right assets. Teams don't operate with foresight. Next year all of a sudden calderon would be a valuable contact. That's how it is. Calderón would be better to help the development of the young guys they have there but they aren't thinking along those lines. At least not with Calderón.

I would take Rubio though. I like his game. Jerian Grant is still my guy though. Once he gets settled in to the nba I think he is what we need.

I also like Brandon Jennings. He could come in and start now, then when Jerian is ready he could fall back into a Lou Williams role. Detroit actually liked Calderón but traded him out of necessity. I could see them taking him back and running him with Reggie Jackson

I actually think the knicks are thinking of Calderon in regards to the cap going up. If he is still good enough to be a legit backup PG by the trade deadline I could see a few teams asking about him. 7 mil is the new 4 mil contract.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
9/3/2015  5:18 PM
If someone was to ask "What would the worst triangle PG's qualities be?" I'd pretty much come up with something like Rubio.
I'm exaggerating as he can break down a defense, but the kid can't shoot and for 14 million a year, it is just crazy to consider him.
If we had a team of stars like Boston used to have, MAYBE, right now, I don't want him on this team no matter the salary.
On another team, maybe and even there it would only be on Great teams.
The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/3/2015  6:30 PM
EnySpree wrote:Knicks don't have the right assets. Teams don't operate with foresight. Next year all of a sudden calderon would be a valuable contact. That's how it is. Calderón would be better to help the development of the young guys they have there but they aren't thinking along those lines. At least not with Calderón.

I wouldn't want Rubio at this point but I agree with you about Jennings. I think he has a lot of talent and could be had at a steep discount because he is coming back from injury and they have Jackson.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
9/3/2015  7:05 PM

he is an adequate defender but you can't have a bad shooter in this offense. his point guard skills would be squandered in the triangle and at 14 million? pass

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
9/3/2015  7:07 PM
Nalod wrote:

why is o'quinn a risk? he's a stout defender and a good passer.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
holfresh

9/3/2015  9:32 PM
dk7th wrote:
Nalod wrote:

why is o'quinn a risk? he's a stout defender and a good passer.

He was riding the bench on a lottery team last year..

A little imagination.....Rubio

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy