[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Porzingis looks like he is adding muscle
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/31/2015  2:42 PM
EnySpree wrote:

Don't act like you guys don't see this. Is your Porzingis fantasy!

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/31/2015  2:42 PM
EnySpree wrote:

Don't act like you guys don't see this. Is your Porzingis fantasy!

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
ESOMKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6064

8/31/2015  4:19 PM
Nalod wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:KP is strictly a spot up shooter or garbage basket scorer on the offensive end, and a shot blocker on the defensive end right now, if he develops other aspects of his game, he could become a taller version of Robert Horry, which ain't that bad in itself.

I think you are severely underrating what this kid is already capable of, just check out a few clips online and you will see someone completely different than you are describing.

The Robert Horry comparison is strange, although I hope KP will retire with as many rings as he had.

We saw a number of different offensive looks from him during the games he played in SL. Almost seemed like he was doing a showcase of the different things he can do.

Just a matter of being put into the right opportunities to take a shot. I don't think you see many isolation sets or over-dribbling from players in Europe, and I wonder if this is what Americans like ESOMKnicks think of as an "offensive game."

Funny thing is that we were told by many...even some "experts," that KP is not a good passer, yet we saw a few advanced passes when he had an opportunity to make them- which makes me think there is much more to his game than we've seen so far.

I disagree. Championships are won by teams that have one or two cornerstone players, capable of creating their own shot and scoring against their man one-on-one, players who are unstoppable one-on-one and are effective passers out of a double team. KP can be effective as a third scoring option, if the team creates spot-up jump shot, cut-to-the-basket or put-back opportunities for him. But he needs to develop an unstoppable individual game to become a true cornerstone for the Knicks. And it is not a Euro vs US player thing, Dirk, for example, is very effective with the ball and creating his own shot with the deadly turnaround fadeaway that cannot be defended one-on-one.

As for the passing, KP may have dished out a couple of passes here and there, but the point is comparisons to Sabonis or KG, who were elite passers, and KP is not, nor does he show the passing ability that young Sabonis had.

How do we know what he "Needs", he has not played an NBA game!!!!!!

Based on watching footage of him playing in Europe and in the NBA summer league.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/31/2015  4:31 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
Nalod wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:KP is strictly a spot up shooter or garbage basket scorer on the offensive end, and a shot blocker on the defensive end right now, if he develops other aspects of his game, he could become a taller version of Robert Horry, which ain't that bad in itself.

I think you are severely underrating what this kid is already capable of, just check out a few clips online and you will see someone completely different than you are describing.

The Robert Horry comparison is strange, although I hope KP will retire with as many rings as he had.

We saw a number of different offensive looks from him during the games he played in SL. Almost seemed like he was doing a showcase of the different things he can do.

Just a matter of being put into the right opportunities to take a shot. I don't think you see many isolation sets or over-dribbling from players in Europe, and I wonder if this is what Americans like ESOMKnicks think of as an "offensive game."

Funny thing is that we were told by many...even some "experts," that KP is not a good passer, yet we saw a few advanced passes when he had an opportunity to make them- which makes me think there is much more to his game than we've seen so far.

I disagree. Championships are won by teams that have one or two cornerstone players, capable of creating their own shot and scoring against their man one-on-one, players who are unstoppable one-on-one and are effective passers out of a double team. KP can be effective as a third scoring option, if the team creates spot-up jump shot, cut-to-the-basket or put-back opportunities for him. But he needs to develop an unstoppable individual game to become a true cornerstone for the Knicks. And it is not a Euro vs US player thing, Dirk, for example, is very effective with the ball and creating his own shot with the deadly turnaround fadeaway that cannot be defended one-on-one.

As for the passing, KP may have dished out a couple of passes here and there, but the point is comparisons to Sabonis or KG, who were elite passers, and KP is not, nor does he show the passing ability that young Sabonis had.

How do we know what he "Needs", he has not played an NBA game!!!!!!

Based on watching footage of him playing in Europe and in the NBA summer league.

He looks nothing like Robert Horry. The only nothing KP needs to watch is that 3 point line as in stay inside it and closer to the basket.

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/31/2015  4:46 PM
KP is going to be doing a little bit of EVERYTHING. IMO a mix of Pau Gasol, Dirk and KG is likely where he's headed. He's got a bit more agility than Pau so he'll be able to do some different things. He's got that special talent that made Dirk so tough to guard, where he can shoot over his defender or drive by them. He's got some defensive ability and speed up and down the floor and laterally. Plus a bit of a confidence to challenge people. The talent base that KP is building on is really impressive. Just how good he becomes is all on him. He wants to be great and I believe he'll work at whatever he needs to work on to reach his full potential.

Adding strength is something he should be able to do as he's maturing. It's important but not as hard as developing more skills in the post etc. Being here in the States is gonna be good for his progress in terms of his power game. Working out with the other Knicks bigs this summer should have a positive impact on him. Lou and Seraphin are strong bigs. Lou is always in shape and could show KP how to get in NBA shape. Seraphin has some post skills that he could share with KP.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

8/31/2015  6:26 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:

I've never compared him to Sabonis...entirely different player in terms of style.

Flip Saunders made the original KG comparison...perhaps he saw something.

I made the passing comment because he had been criticized for this...but he was playing at the stretch 4 position, not one where you get a ton of assists. Neither of us can say how good of a passer KP will be. Sabonis, for instance, was a classic center when young, and developed that unique passing game of his later on in his career, as he began to break down physically.

Another, even funnier thing...if he develops an "unstoppable individual game" it will probably be in the post, where many around here don't even want him playing. You have that, the Dirk fall-aways, or maybe a Ewing type turnaround. I don't want a 7'3" player doing crossover dribbles around the 3 point line, although I expect some of you will.

You have to let his body develop, and that will determine some of the things he can and can't do. I do believe that if they ever do run the offense through him, he can be a pretty good passer- much better than most bigs now in the NBA.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
blkexec
Member: #748
8/31/2015  7:18 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:

I've never compared him to Sabonis...entirely different player in terms of style.

I made the passing comment because he had been criticized for this...but he was playing at the stretch 4 position, not one where you get a ton of assists. Neither of us can say how good of a passer KP will be. Sabonis, for instance, was a classic center when young, and developed that unique passing game of his later on in his career, as he began to break down physically.

Another, even funnier thing...if he develops an "unstoppable individual game" it will probably be in the post, where many around here don't even want him playing. You have that, the Dirk fall-aways, or maybe a Ewing type turnaround. I don't want a 7'3" player doing crossover dribbles around the 3 point line, although I expect some of you will.

You have to let his body develop, and that will determine some of the things he can and can't do. I do believe that if they ever do run the offense through him, he can be a pretty good passer- much better than most bigs now in the NBA.

Isn't Iverson looking for a job? He can teach KP that crossover move that made Jordan's legs look like spaghetti.

Does it really matter where he's scoring from, as long as the ball goes into the hole?

DWill on the other hand, thinks he's a 3 pt shooter, and should really stay inside the 3 pt line. Sounds like most of the KP comments should be directed at DWill. Thats one player I do not want to see shooting 3's all game.....I don't care if he was 6'9 or 5'9......He's not a good 3pt shooter, and his best scoring zone is at the rim.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
8/31/2015  7:36 PM
Nalod wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:
holfresh wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:He doesn't have to be massive to pound with the biggies in the post, see David Robinson.

He's the perfect template for KP. Just get shredded and cut to the absolute bone, hopefully by year 3. Admiral used speed, skill, agility, stamina, and core strength to battle with the Shaq's, Hakeem's and Ewings.

Why are u guys comparing him to unrealistc players..KP can be a good player but it will be a process..Please stop comparing him to Larry Bird and David Robinson..Thats why players can't develop here...David Robinson used to do a hand stand and walk the length of the court...Please stop...

INternet comparisons is why players can't develop here?

Jeeze, all this time I thought it was owners fear of losing would turn away fans and mandated a "win now, sorta" business plan!

No..Unrealistic player expectations that they should be doing things the greats have done..And when they come up short, it's time to move them...There will be pressure, that you can be assured of...U think articles are written about stuff discussed on this board??..Talk radio??..

If management listens to media, then its influential.

jackson is going to listen to stephen a smith?!? i wouldn't bet on that.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
nixluva
USA
8/31/2015  7:44 PM
blkexec wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:

Isn't Iverson looking for a job? He can teach KP that crossover move that made Jordan's legs look like spaghetti.

Does it really matter where he's scoring from, as long as the ball goes into the hole?

DWill on the other hand, thinks he's a 3 pt shooter, and should really stay inside the 3 pt line. Sounds like most of the KP comments should be directed at DWill. Thats one player I do not want to see shooting 3's all game.....I don't care if he was 6'9 or 5'9......He's not a good 3pt shooter, and his best scoring zone is at the rim.

I'm not worried about DWill taking a few 3's. He's got to be able to do it at a slightly better clip because the 3 and 4 move around on the floor a LOT!!! If you study the motion of the Triangle it takes the forwards to many different spots on the floor. You want well rounded players who can be effective in different spots on the floor. DWill has only avg'd 2 3pt shot attempts a game.

KP will be in a position to post, set screens and Pop as well as move to the Elbow and the corner 3. It's going to be a mixed bag because it's a motion offense and he's got the perimeter shooting skills to play that role.

Sangfroid
Member: #2784

8/31/2015  10:15 PM
Nalod wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

These pics are not current!

David Robinson was 24 when he played his first game.

If Porzingas looked like that David Robinson pic by the time he reached age 24, I would be ecstatic

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

8/31/2015  11:03 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:

Sabonis, for instance, was a classic center when young, and developed that unique passing game of his later on in his career, as he began to break down physically.

And a good thing you didn't. KP may be a decent player, but he ain't the next Sabonis, unfortunately, or he hasn't shown that level of promise yet. This is what a 19-year old Sabonis was, according to Bill Walton: "I first witnessed Sabonis’ extraordinary talents at the European Championships in Stuttgart, Germany in the early ’80s. He was 19 years old and played like a 7-3 Larry Bird, running like the wind, shooting threes, dribbling like Magic Johnson, rebounding like Wilt Chamberlain and blocking shots like Bill Russell. In the first half of the championship game, Sabonis had 30 points and 20 boards – at the half!"

nixluva
USA
9/1/2015  12:29 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Sabonis, for instance, was a classic center when young, and developed that unique passing game of his later on in his career, as he began to break down physically.

And a good thing you didn't. KP may be a decent player, but he ain't the next Sabonis, unfortunately, or he hasn't shown that level of promise yet. This is what a 19-year old Sabonis was, according to Bill Walton: "I first witnessed Sabonis’ extraordinary talents at the European Championships in Stuttgart, Germany in the early ’80s. He was 19 years old and played like a 7-3 Larry Bird, running like the wind, shooting threes, dribbling like Magic Johnson, rebounding like Wilt Chamberlain and blocking shots like Bill Russell. In the first half of the championship game, Sabonis had 30 points and 20 boards – at the half!"

Sabonis is an All Time Great. I would caution being caught up in how developed he was at 19. Kristaps may just develop at a slower rate. Doesn't mean that he won't get a heck of a lot better than he is now. I don't see Sabonis in KP but in terms of what he's going to eventually become it's way early to really say where he's headed. What I do know is that KP has a lot of talent and needs to continue to develop his body and his skills. Don't make the mistake of assuming everyone that is great has to develop at the same rate or at the same time. We should just be glad to have a draft pick with a lot of upside and potential for a change.

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
9/1/2015  8:58 AM
his calves are big and his shoulders are broad. there is going to be a lot of filling out for him to do over the next several years, but the priority in his physical development is to maintain agility to match his length. if he loses his agility then guess what... his length will be squandered. he is already good at anticipating where the ball is going to go defensively and rotating to where the action is. the gasol brothers are good defenders but they don't possess the agility that porzingis exhibits.

porzingis should possess the same relative quickness as kirilenko and garnett.

offensively, while it is important for a 7'3" player to develop a postgame, he should always have the option to shoot the 3 ball if only because he already has one. meantime, the knicks are going to exploit the fact that he has good court vision and make him develop a passing game, since the triangle works from inside out, making the post players the main passers in the offense, as opposed to the point guards. there is no reason why he can't make 3 to 4 assists per game by his 4th year or so, ie be a facilitator as opposed to merely being a finisher. this facilitating is a skill that tyson chandler never possessed, so for that reason alone he was not going to be effective in the triangle.

porzingis's development should be focussed primarily on defensive agility and passing out of the post.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
blkexec
9/1/2015  9:29 AM
nixluva wrote:
blkexec wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:

I'm not worried about DWill taking a few 3's. He's got to be able to do it at a slightly better clip because the 3 and 4 move around on the floor a LOT!!! If you study the motion of the Triangle it takes the forwards to many different spots on the floor. You want well rounded players who can be effective in different spots on the floor. DWill has only avg'd 2 3pt shot attempts a game.

KP will be in a position to post, set screens and Pop as well as move to the Elbow and the corner 3. It's going to be a mixed bag because it's a motion offense and he's got the perimeter shooting skills to play that role.

+1

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nixluva
USA
9/1/2015  10:08 AM
It's only natural for Knicks fans to be concerned about the success of their Rookies. KP presents a unique problem because he has so much raw talent and he isn't a completely defined player yet. For New York fans potential breeds FEAR. If they can't say for sure what a player is on day one that causes all kinds of panic. There's no panic over Jerian because he's pretty much a known quantity. He's more mature and developed and a well rounded Combo PG. He's not only a good floor leader but can also take on a scoring role.

KP on the other hand is still working on so many aspects. His physical body. His post game. He still has to learn so much about the game in general. We can't even say for sure just what he's going to be yet. Is he Pau, Dirk, KG etc. We should just be happy that we have a rookie prospect with the highest upside possible. I do know that if he can get just a little stronger and develop even a basic post game he's gonna be a top rookie this year. It's the only thing that could hold him back IMO. I think he's smart enough to pick up the D and O. He's got the perimeter game. It's his ability to score inside that will push him over the top. I'm very excited to watch him this year.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/1/2015  10:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/1/2015  10:29 AM
via Wikipedia:

Sabonis made his professional debut in 1981 with one of the oldest basketball teams in Lithuania, BC Žalgiris, in his hometown of Kaunas. He won three consecutive Soviet League titles and reached the 1986 Euroleague finals with the team.

Sabonis was selected by the Atlanta Hawks with the 77th pick of the 1985 NBA draft. However, the selection was voided because Sabonis was under 21 at the time of the draft. The following spring, he suffered a devastating Achilles' tendon injury. Nevertheless, he was selected by the Portland Trail Blazers with the 24th pick of the 1986 NBA draft.[4]

Sabonis was not allowed to play in the NBA by Soviet authorities until 1989. However, he did go to Portland to rehabilitate his injury with Blazers trainers. He also practiced with the team.

In the 1988 Summer Olympics, Sabonis led the Soviet Union to a gold medal with a win against a United States team that featured future NBA All-Stars David Robinson, Mitch Richmond and Danny Manning[4] in the semi-finals. The team later beat Yugoslavia in the finals.[4]

Sabonis, a member of the Soviet Union national team, taking on David Robinson and Danny Manning during the semifinal clash with Team USA at the 1988 Olympics. The Soviets scored a famous 82-76 victory with Sabonis contributing 13 points and 13 rebounds.
The 1985–1988 stretch of a heavy playing schedule and lack of rest took a significant toll on Sabonis' future health and durability. Various leg injuries weren't given much time to heal due to the Cold War climate that surrounded international competition as well as BC Žalgiris – CSKA Moscow games. In a 2011 interview, Sabonis expressed an opinion that overuse by the coaches of the Soviet national program was a major contributing factor to his first Achilles' tendon injury back in 1986.[5] Another key moment for his future health took place in 1988 when Sabonis had a surgical Achilles procedure performed in Portland but was rushed back on the floor with the USSR Olympic team before a full recovery. The decision to include a limping Sabonis on the USSR roster for the 1988 Olympic games was protested at the time by Portland medical staff and was later heavily criticized.[6] Eventually Sabonis would develop chronic knee, ankle and groin issues that substantially limited his mobility and explosiveness by the mid-1990s.

In 1992, after playing with CB Valladolid for three seasons, Sabonis joined Real Madrid and won two Spanish League titles and a Euroleague title in 1995. During the 1994–95 regular season with Real Madrid, he averaged 22.8 points, 13.2 rebounds, 2.6 blocked shots, and 2.4 assists per game.[4]

After the 1994–95 European season, Sabonis and Portland contacted one another about a move to the NBA. Before signing Sabonis, Portland's then-general manager Bob Whitsitt asked the Blazers team physician to look at Sabonis' X-rays. Illustrating the impact of Sabonis' numerous injuries, Whitsitt recalled in a 2011 interview that when the doctor reported the results, "He said that Arvydas could qualify for a handicapped parking spot based on the X-ray alone."[7] Nevertheless, the Blazers signed Sabonis. He had a successful rookie campaign, averaging 14.5 points on 55% shooting and 8.1 rebounds while playing less than 24 minutes per game.[4] Sabonis was selected to the All-Rookie First Team and was runner-up in both Rookie of the Year and Sixth Man of the Year votings.[4] His postseason averages were up to 23.6 points and 10.2 rebounds.[4] In the first playoff series of his NBA career, Portland lost to Utah in five games.

Sabonis averaged 16.0 points, 10.0 rebounds and 3.0 assists in 1997–98, all career-highs.

During Sabonis' first leg in Portland the Blazers always made the playoffs (part of a 21-year streak); between 1998 and 1999 the Oregon franchise changed large parts of its roster in order to compete for the title (after six consecutive first round losses), with center Sabonis the only player remaining in the starting five. Kenny Anderson and Isaiah Rider were traded for Damon Stoudamire and Steve Smith. In both those years the Blazers reached the Western Conference Finals; in 1999 they were swept by the eventual champions, the San Antonio Spurs, while the next year the team (starting Sabonis, Smith, Stoudamire, Rasheed Wallace and recently added Scottie Pippen) lost to the Los Angeles Lakers (at the beginning of the Shaq-Kobe three-peat) in 7 games.

He won the Euroscar Award twice while playing with the Blazers. He also became a fan favorite.

The question that surrounds Sabonis' NBA career revolves around how good he could have been had he played in the NBA during his prime.[9][10] Sabonis was nearly 31 when he joined the Blazers, by which time he had already won multiple gold medals, suffered through numerous injuries and had lost much of his mobility and athleticism. In Bill Simmons' "Book of Basketball", Arvydas Sabonis the international player is idealized while Arvydas Sabonis the Blazer is described as "lumbering up and down the court in what looked to be concrete Nikes" and ranking "just behind Artis Gilmore on the Moving Like a Mummy Scale."[11] In ESPN's David Thorpe's view, Sabonis would be the best passing big in NBA history and possibly top 4 center overall, had he played his entire career there.[12] In Clyde Drexler's view, if Sabonis had been able to spend his prime in Portland next to the plethora of other Trail Blazers' All Stars (Drexler, Terry Porter, Buck Williams and "Cliff" Robinson), Trail Blazers would "have had four, five or six titles. Guaranteed. He was that good. He could pass, shoot three pointers, had a great post game, and dominated the paint."[13]

After the 2000–2001 NBA season, Sabonis refused to sign an extension with Trail Blazers and retired from the NBA. In his own words, he "was tired mentally and physically." Instead, he returned to Europe where he signed a one-year deal at nominal salary with Žalgiris, expecting to join the team for most important games down the stretch. However, he ended up missing that season in its entirety resting and recovering from injuries. Sabonis rejoined Trail Blazers for one final season in 2002–2003.[14]

Sabonis came back to Žalgiris to play his final season in 2003–2004. He led the team to the Top 16 stage of the Euroleague that year and was named the Regular Season MVP and the Top 16 MVP. He also became the team's president.[15] Sabonis would officially retire in 2005.

Sabonis was awarded a silver medal at the 2013 EuroBasket tournament as the LKF president.[16]

blkexec
9/1/2015  10:53 AM
nixluva wrote:It's only natural for Knicks fans to be concerned about the success of their Rookies. KP presents a unique problem because he has so much raw talent and he isn't a completely defined player yet. For New York fans potential breeds FEAR. If they can't say for sure what a player is on day one that causes all kinds of panic. There's no panic over Jerian because he's pretty much a known quantity. He's more mature and developed and a well rounded Combo PG. He's not only a good floor leader but can also take on a scoring role.

KP on the other hand is still working on so many aspects. His physical body. His post game. He still has to learn so much about the game in general. We can't even say for sure just what he's going to be yet. Is he Pau, Dirk, KG etc. We should just be happy that we have a rookie prospect with the highest upside possible. I do know that if he can get just a little stronger and develop even a basic post game he's gonna be a top rookie this year. It's the only thing that could hold him back IMO. I think he's smart enough to pick up the D and O. He's got the perimeter game. It's his ability to score inside that will push him over the top. I'm very excited to watch him this year.

+1

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
9/1/2015  12:30 PM
mreinman wrote:please tell me one 6 9' player that played PG before magic? Just one!!!

how about 7 footers who can dribble and shoot threes like Durant? Just one!!

I would like to see kp but on really short shorts and converse sneakers and say darn it and nincompoop.

Exactly KP like those 2 have very unique skills for their size. No sense in trying to pigeonhole his game. Let him be himself and work in the post game slowly. No matter how hard hey push him he is only 19 and can only do some much against grown men. You can't overwhelm a rookie. That is just setting him up to fail. Got figure Phil knows this better ban anyone. Certainly better than Briggs

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
9/1/2015  12:50 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

He'll end up a 5. I just dont see a 7-3 260-265 pd perimeter player. If he can continue putting on nice muscle hell be a load and a half to contend with under the hoop.

Can we ever get a picture of him working inside the paint for goodness sakes?

Big baby can hold his own against any NBA big.....Please show me one muscle!

Muscle doesn't make you a dominate post player. Can't turn a square into a circle. KP has the skills to be a dominate player period. He will NEVER have a permanent NBA position. He will always play 2 or 3 positions......Think of a Euro version of Kevin Garnet, with a 3 point shot. Thats all the muscle he needs.

First off, his arms show clear definition. Secondly, adding muscle doesn't mean getting chiseled. He just needs to get a lot stronger. The weakest parts of his games are low post defense, rebounding and taking the ball to the rim, whether it's from driving or posting up. If KP and the Knicks and the fans want him to stay out of foul trouble, then he damn well better add some strength. Anyone who compares him to Larry Bird are being misguided. He needs to add strength to maximize his game. He doesn't have to look like Triple H. He just needs to get much improved base strength and add to his shoulders so he can absorb contact.

Exactly and this won't happen overnight like Briggs is suggesting. He body will mature both naturally and by working out/eating right. He won't be fully developed physically until he hits 24-25. He will not be pushed around by then. His core will be strengthened

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/1/2015  1:00 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

He'll end up a 5. I just dont see a 7-3 260-265 pd perimeter player. If he can continue putting on nice muscle hell be a load and a half to contend with under the hoop.

Can we ever get a picture of him working inside the paint for goodness sakes?

Big baby can hold his own against any NBA big.....Please show me one muscle!

Muscle doesn't make you a dominate post player. Can't turn a square into a circle. KP has the skills to be a dominate player period. He will NEVER have a permanent NBA position. He will always play 2 or 3 positions......Think of a Euro version of Kevin Garnet, with a 3 point shot. Thats all the muscle he needs.

First off, his arms show clear definition. Secondly, adding muscle doesn't mean getting chiseled. He just needs to get a lot stronger. The weakest parts of his games are low post defense, rebounding and taking the ball to the rim, whether it's from driving or posting up. If KP and the Knicks and the fans want him to stay out of foul trouble, then he damn well better add some strength. Anyone who compares him to Larry Bird are being misguided. He needs to add strength to maximize his game. He doesn't have to look like Triple H. He just needs to get much improved base strength and add to his shoulders so he can absorb contact.

Exactly and this won't happen overnight like Briggs is suggesting. He body will mature both naturally and by working out/eating right. He won't be fully developed physically until he hits 24-25. He will not be pushed around by then. His core will be strengthened

If he is 20 a professional trainer could have him at absolute peak body condition in one year. That doesnt mean your game is peak but physically someone very good could easily get him there.

RIP Crushalot😞
Porzingis looks like he is adding muscle

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy