[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Are you Team Cap or Team Iron Man? Who you got and why?

Author Poll
ChuckBuck
Member: #3806
USA

Brief background to why they're fighting:

Captain America: Civil War Plot

Captain America: Civil War plot picks up where Avengers: Age of Ultron left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain.

Basically after another Avengers outing, a whole bunch of innocent people die, tons of backlash, governments put pressure on SHIELD to pass a "Superhero Act" forcing all heroes to register their real identities and information to the public and forces them to become employees of the government, not an independent apolitical super hero group as they once were. Tony Starks is on board, but Cap is like "PHUCK THIS", we need our freedom and privacy yo. They form opposing teams and voila, battle royale.

On one team you have Captain America, Falcon and his smart drone Red Wing, Winter Soldier/Bucky, Hawkeye, Antman, Sharon Carter, and Scarlet Witch(not pictured).

On the other side Iron Man, War Machine, Vision, Black Panther, Black Widow, and Spiderman(not pictured).

We won't count Hulk or Red Hulk/General Thunderbolt Ross, because they haven't been confirmed yet or don't have allegiances yet. Thor's off to Asgard to fend off the Norse end of days, Ragnarok, so he's not in this conflict.

So who you side with? Cap or Tony Starks? Pro-Registration or Anti?

5 votes
55.56%
Captain America and co. They got that wild card Scarlet Witch, she can manipulate reality!
2 votes
22.22%
Iron Man's team. Vision picked up Thor's hammer for chrissakes! Too much firepower
1 votes
11.11%
Whatever team Spiderman is on. Peter Parker is a New Yorker!
1 votes
11.11%
Have to wait and see who Hulk sides with. HULK SMASH!

Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/28/2015  9:52 AM

I got Melo.
AUTOADVERT
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
USA
8/28/2015  9:54 AM
Nalod wrote:
I got Melo.

Re-read the thread, no losers please.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/28/2015  10:24 AM
I roll worth Cap...

fight the good fight

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
8/28/2015  10:27 AM
Gotta go with any side that has Vision!!! Man I can't believe I lived long enough to see Vision in a movie. It's great that Stan Lee has lived to see the greatest era of Marvel and his creations come to life. I still have vivid memories of reading my 1st comic book. My grandmother had bought them for me. I thought being a comic book artist was going to be my career. I wised up and moved to other more lucrative endeavors but the love is still there. Passed on the love to my children and now can't wait to do the same with my grandson.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/28/2015  10:54 AM
nixluva wrote:Gotta go with any side that has Vision!!! Man I can't believe I lived long enough to see Vision in a movie. It's great that Stan Lee has lived to see the greatest era of Marvel and his creations come to life. I still have vivid memories of reading my 1st comic book. My grandmother had bought them for me. I thought being a comic book artist was going to be my career. I wised up and moved to other more lucrative endeavors but the love is still there. Passed on the love to my children and now can't wait to do the same with my grandson.

Vision/Adam Warlock are two of my favorite characters and it looks like they took aspects if both characters to form the movie version of Vision. I only wish that Marvel was free to throw Silver Surfer into the mix. It doesn't look like that's going to happen for a while. The best thing about these movies, good or bad, is that these stories are being passed down to a younger generation.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
ChuckBuck
USA
8/28/2015  10:56 AM
nixluva wrote:Gotta go with any side that has Vision!!! Man I can't believe I lived long enough to see Vision in a movie. It's great that Stan Lee has lived to see the greatest era of Marvel and his creations come to life. I still have vivid memories of reading my 1st comic book. My grandmother had bought them for me. I thought being a comic book artist was going to be my career. I wised up and moved to other more lucrative endeavors but the love is still there. Passed on the love to my children and now can't wait to do the same with my grandson.

It is a golden era in Comic Book movies indeed.

Got Avengers and Justice League and Daredevil and Flash...and done properly!

Just enjoy them while they're here and plentiful.

That said I got Cap, because of right, principal, and what he stands for. I hope that muthaF#cker Crossbones doesn't do him dirty in this movie!

ChuckBuck
USA
8/28/2015  11:02 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Vision/Adam Warlock are two of my favorite characters and it looks like they took aspects if both characters to form the movie version of Vision. I only wish that Marvel was free to throw Silver Surfer into the mix. It doesn't look like that's going to happen for a while. The best thing about these movies, good or bad, is that these stories are being passed down to a younger generation.

I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling Adam Warlock may make an appearance in Guardians of the Galaxy 2, since it's been rumored his evil alter ego, Magus, will be a villain.

I've been dying to see Silver Surfer done properly on the big screen. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer doesn't count.

Surfer is one of the few heroes powerful enough to even make Thanos flinch!

Nalod
USA
8/28/2015  11:14 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:
Nalod wrote:
I got Melo.

I never go into comic books as a kid.

Im not sure Im qualified to render a vote.
Melo is an allstar player on his way to the HOF and has made nearly $200 mil on and off the court.
CHuckbuck makes comic book polls on a knicks site.
Yeah, Melo is a loser.

ChuckBuck
USA
8/28/2015  12:45 PM
Nalod wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Nalod wrote:
I got Melo.

Melo is an allstar player on his way to the HOF and has made nearly $200 mil on and off the court.
Yeah, Melo is a loser.

Irrelevant, GTFO this thread.

Back on subject, you just know some hero is going to bite the bullet in this movie.

Captain America dying in his own movie...that'd be something.

EnySpree

8/28/2015  1:52 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
Nalod wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Nalod wrote:
I got Melo.

Yeah, Melo is a loser.

Back on subject, you just know some hero is going to bite the bullet in this movie.

He did in the Civil War comic. I dunno how they ate going to pull this off

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
ChuckBuck
USA
8/28/2015  1:58 PM
EnySpree wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Nalod wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Nalod wrote:
I got Melo.

Yeah, Melo is a loser.

He did in the Civil War comic. I dunno how they ate going to pull this off

If it is Rogers dying, then Bucky or Falcon will have to take over the Captain America mantle.

No offense to either, as they're both capable in their own ways, but there is only one Steve Rogers.

Nalod
USA
8/28/2015  2:48 PM
What about shared wins for each?
smackeddog
Member: #883
8/28/2015  2:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/28/2015  2:53 PM
When I was a kid, I spent my hard earned pocket money on a captain america comic, only to find he didn't even appear in it. I've never forgiven him, and have harboured a grudge ever since. I support Team Iron Man 100%!
ChuckBuck
USA
8/28/2015  2:57 PM
smackeddog wrote:When I was a kid, I spent my hard earned pocket money on a captain america comic, only to find he didn't even appear in it. I've never forgiven him, and have harboured a grudge ever since. I support Team Iron Man 100%!

Good reasoning!

You must be talking about when Sam Wilson took over the mantle.

Either that or it's an analogy for Melo's entire loser tenure as a Knick!

ChuckBuck
USA
8/28/2015  2:58 PM
Nalod wrote:What about shared wins for each?

Gotta go with Captain America.

He's super efficient. Knocked out Hitler with 1 punch!

Sambakick
Member: #5646

8/28/2015  4:28 PM
Team grown-ass man.
Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
EnySpree

8/28/2015  5:33 PM
Sambakick wrote:Team grown-ass man.

Enjoying comics has nothing to do with being juvenile. Women watch soap opera and reality TV and they are usually the ones crying "you still read comics?".... there's great story telling and artwork. Plenty of reasons to enjoy.

nixluva
USA
8/28/2015  6:16 PM
Grown Ass Men have always been the ones creating the very comics young people love. Cartoons were always made for adults as much as kids. It's a great way to stay connected with kid inside you and also with your own young family members. I enjoy with my sons and daughter and soon with my grandchildren. It's GREAT!!!

When I was a very young kid my Mom, who is an artist, drew me the most amazing version of Batman I had ever seen. It blew me away and I was hitting my drawing board hard from that day on trying to be just as good. It's amazing what kind of motivation it can give a young person and how that can focus a young mind.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

8/28/2015  8:11 PM
EnySpree wrote:

Enjoying comics has nothing to do with being juvenile. Women watch soap opera and reality TV and they are usually the ones crying "you still read comics?".... there's great story telling and artwork. Plenty of reasons to enjoy.

Yup.

Don't read them, (did somewhat back in the 60s), but they are a good form of escapism, and they even introduce modern social issues and conflicts at times.

Not sure of a direct link, but perhaps the graphic novels being written today owe a debt to them.

Great to see that Hollywood has been able to bring them to the big screen in a way that I never would have imagined when I was young. Loved the first two Chris Reeves Superman movies years ago, but the seem campy when compared to the CGI stuff they can throw at you these days.

Wonder if they will reach a comics into movies saturation point at some time in the near future?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
USA
8/28/2015  8:17 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Yup.

Don't read them, (did somewhat back in the 60s), but they are a good form of escapism, and they even introduce modern social issues and conflicts at times.

Not sure of a direct link, but perhaps the graphic novels being written today owe a debt to them.

Great to see that Hollywood has been able to bring them to the big screen in a way that I never would have imagined when I was young. Loved the first two Chris Reeves Superman movies years ago, but the seem campy when compared to the CGI stuff they can throw at you these days.

Wonder if they will reach a comics into movies saturation point at some time in the near future?

I think if the quality remains high that you can keep moving with these story lines. Comics don't get boring as long as the writing keeps great story lines going. They're getting better and better at making these movies.
OT: Are you Team Cap or Team Iron Man? Who you got and why?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy