[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Derrick Rose being sued for gang rape
Author Thread
Paris907
Posts: 20762
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/4/2015
Member: #6099
USA
8/27/2015  4:03 PM
The cost is also inflicted on the Bulls franchise in the sense that if its true, then lawyer or no lawyer it plays heavily as a distraction and an ongoing media matter lead by feminists and journalists alike. If it's not true then the Bulls and Rose need to devise a strategic exit. To fight it and cut the media cord so to speak. In this case whether true or not, avoiding the stench and distraction maybe prudent whether true or not.
AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Posts: 30681
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
8/27/2015  7:08 PM
No one is guilty until proven in court of law.
This is the cornerstone of American society.
If we will collectively lose it for whatever agenda this country is done and will became another Gulag in no time.
We already see how police brutality against African Americans which must be addresses by law became a political agenda instead.
It already cost lives of good officers who want to save lives and protect people but bad officers will still kill.
Time to stop the madness and start value truth again instead of whatever politically correct crap press and politician are coming up with.
He can teach them to meditate... but no one can control even his own mind...
WaltLongmire
Posts: 27102
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

8/27/2015  8:32 PM
blkexec wrote:I'm really getting tired of these stories....Whether it's true or false. First of all, this should be a lesson for all young entrepreneurs. Regardless if she's telling the truth or not, Rose should've never put himself in this vulnerable situation. But I remember being a 20 yr old, and all I have to say is thank God I wasn't a millionaire. You rarely think about consequences until after the fact.

Your money comment is intriguing...I always wonder about how wealth influences people, and how I would have reacted to having millions of dollars at a younger age. Would not have much influence on me today, but who knows about how the younger me would have dealt with it. Lots of temptation for wealthy young guys.

This is recent, too, unfortunately:
http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2015/08/27/sports/football/27reuters-usa-nfl-mcdonald.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

Ex-San Francisco 49ers Player Ray McDonald Charged With Rape

(Reuters) - Former San Francisco 49ers defensive end Ray McDonald has been charged with rape by intoxication, and current 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks has been charged with sexual battery of the same woman on the same night, prosecutors said on Wednesday.

The felony indictment against McDonald, marking the latest sex abuse scandal to embroil the National Football League, stems from a December 2014 incident at his home, according to the Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office.

The eight-year NFL veteran faces up to eight years in prison if convicted of the rape charge. McDonald was arrested on Wednesday and released after posting $100,000 bail. His arraignment was set for Sept. 25, the prosecutor's office said in a statement.

Brooks, 31, was charged separately with misdemeanor sexual battery stemming from an alleged assault that occurred the same evening against the same woman McDonald is accused of raping. Brooks' charge carries a maximum sentence of six months in jail.

Prosecutors did not immediately furnish copies of the indictment returned this week or other charging documents and declined to detail the circumstances of the offenses.

McDonald has said he and his accuser had a consensual sexual encounter.

McDonald and Brooks are the latest of a string of current and former pro football players accused of domestic abuse or sex crimes, bringing the NFL under intense scrutiny and criticism for the off-field behavior of its athletes.

In July, NFL free agent safety C.J. Spillman was charged with sexual assault in a September incident at a Dallas-area hotel when he was playing for the Cowboys.

The month before, Hall of Fame defensive tackle Warren Sapp was charged in Las Vegas with three counts of domestic abuse months after his arrest for soliciting a prostitute.

The grand jury that indicted McDonald declined to charge him with felony false imprisonment and other domestic violence charges stemming from a May 2015 incident in which he was accused of assaulting his ex-fiancee as she held their 2-month-old child, the district attorney's office said.

Two days after that incident, after posting bail, McDonald was arrested again for violating a restraining order by visiting her residence. The grand jury did indict him on a charge of breaching that restraining order, which carries a maximum penalty of one year in jail, the prosecutor's office said.

McDonald was released by the 49ers in December, after he was named as a possible suspect in the rape case. The Chicago Bears signed him in March but released him in May after the arrest involving his former fiancee.

Neither the NFL nor the 49ers had an immediate comment about McDonald's indictment.

In a statement about the charges against Brooks, 49ers General Manager Trent Baalke said the team takes any charge against its players seriously and was "in communication with the NFL." He said Brooks would not participate in Saturday's preseason game against the Denver Broncos, and the team sent him home from Colorado to California.

(Reporting by Eric M. Johnson in Seattle; Additional reporting by Steve Ginsburg in New York; Writing by Steve Gorman; Editing by Eric Beech and Clarence Fernandez)

You see this kind of stuff with a lot of athletes, but it is also happening with celebrities and the wealthy.

Athletes have become wealthy celebrities, and in the case of many of them, they have been treated as "special" as they move up the ladder from amateur to professional. When you are treated as a privileged class, you can develop a sense of importance and power that sometimes gets out of control.

On the other hand, you become a target, too, and people are constantly trying to get a piece of what you have, whether it be a woman or someone looking to invest your money to line his/her pockets

Ultimately, you have to understand the consequences of your actions, but also be a good judge of character, and hang with the kind of folks who are looking out for you and not trying to exploit you.

Hopefully the Rose situation has a happy conclusion, whatever that might be.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
arkrud
Posts: 30681
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
8/27/2015  8:42 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:I'm really getting tired of these stories....Whether it's true or false. First of all, this should be a lesson for all young entrepreneurs. Regardless if she's telling the truth or not, Rose should've never put himself in this vulnerable situation. But I remember being a 20 yr old, and all I have to say is thank God I wasn't a millionaire. You rarely think about consequences until after the fact.

Your money comment is intriguing...I always wonder about how wealth influences people, and how I would have reacted to having millions of dollars at a younger age. Would not have much influence on me today, but who knows about how the younger me would have dealt with it. Lots of temptation for wealthy young guys.

This is recent, too, unfortunately:
http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2015/08/27/sports/football/27reuters-usa-nfl-mcdonald.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

Ex-San Francisco 49ers Player Ray McDonald Charged With Rape

(Reuters) - Former San Francisco 49ers defensive end Ray McDonald has been charged with rape by intoxication, and current 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks has been charged with sexual battery of the same woman on the same night, prosecutors said on Wednesday.

The felony indictment against McDonald, marking the latest sex abuse scandal to embroil the National Football League, stems from a December 2014 incident at his home, according to the Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office.

The eight-year NFL veteran faces up to eight years in prison if convicted of the rape charge. McDonald was arrested on Wednesday and released after posting $100,000 bail. His arraignment was set for Sept. 25, the prosecutor's office said in a statement.

Brooks, 31, was charged separately with misdemeanor sexual battery stemming from an alleged assault that occurred the same evening against the same woman McDonald is accused of raping. Brooks' charge carries a maximum sentence of six months in jail.

Prosecutors did not immediately furnish copies of the indictment returned this week or other charging documents and declined to detail the circumstances of the offenses.

McDonald has said he and his accuser had a consensual sexual encounter.

McDonald and Brooks are the latest of a string of current and former pro football players accused of domestic abuse or sex crimes, bringing the NFL under intense scrutiny and criticism for the off-field behavior of its athletes.

In July, NFL free agent safety C.J. Spillman was charged with sexual assault in a September incident at a Dallas-area hotel when he was playing for the Cowboys.

The month before, Hall of Fame defensive tackle Warren Sapp was charged in Las Vegas with three counts of domestic abuse months after his arrest for soliciting a prostitute.

The grand jury that indicted McDonald declined to charge him with felony false imprisonment and other domestic violence charges stemming from a May 2015 incident in which he was accused of assaulting his ex-fiancee as she held their 2-month-old child, the district attorney's office said.

Two days after that incident, after posting bail, McDonald was arrested again for violating a restraining order by visiting her residence. The grand jury did indict him on a charge of breaching that restraining order, which carries a maximum penalty of one year in jail, the prosecutor's office said.

McDonald was released by the 49ers in December, after he was named as a possible suspect in the rape case. The Chicago Bears signed him in March but released him in May after the arrest involving his former fiancee.

Neither the NFL nor the 49ers had an immediate comment about McDonald's indictment.

In a statement about the charges against Brooks, 49ers General Manager Trent Baalke said the team takes any charge against its players seriously and was "in communication with the NFL." He said Brooks would not participate in Saturday's preseason game against the Denver Broncos, and the team sent him home from Colorado to California.

(Reporting by Eric M. Johnson in Seattle; Additional reporting by Steve Ginsburg in New York; Writing by Steve Gorman; Editing by Eric Beech and Clarence Fernandez)

You see this kind of stuff with a lot of athletes, but it is also happening with celebrities and the wealthy.

Athletes have become wealthy celebrities, and in the case of many of them, they have been treated as "special" as they move up the ladder from amateur to professional. When you are treated as a privileged class, you can develop a sense of importance and power that sometimes gets out of control.

On the other hand, you become a target, too, and people are constantly trying to get a piece of what you have, whether it be a woman or someone looking to invest your money to line his/her pockets

Ultimately, you have to understand the consequences of your actions, but also be a good judge of character, and hang with the kind of folks who are looking out for you and not trying to exploit you.

Hopefully the Rose situation has a happy conclusion, whatever that might be.

The happy conclusion will be his and her layers will make a deal which will be acceptable for both sides.
If she will get too greedy or he will get too chip they will pay the price.
But I guess they will resolve it this way or another.

He can teach them to meditate... but no one can control even his own mind...
CrushAlot
Posts: 55242
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
8/27/2015  9:05 PM
“I am just focusing on staying healthy and getting ready for the season,” Rose said in the statement. “I am not going to comment other than to say – I know the truth, and am confident I will be proven innocent.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/bulls/2015/08/27/derrick-rose-denies-allegations-sexually-assaulted-ex-girlfriend/71283196/
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
WaltLongmire
Posts: 27102
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

8/27/2015  9:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
“I am just focusing on staying healthy and getting ready for the season,” Rose said in the statement. “I am not going to comment other than to say – I know the truth, and am confident I will be proven innocent.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/bulls/2015/08/27/derrick-rose-denies-allegations-sexually-assaulted-ex-girlfriend/71283196/

From the article- thought this was interesting...

A representative for Rose, Lisa Cohen, pushed back hard against those claims as well.

“The plaintiff's allegations are completely false and without any factual basis,” Cohen said in a statement. “This is nothing more than a desperate attempt to shake down a highly respected and successful athlete. Mr. Rose was in a non-exclusive, consensual sexual relationship with the plaintiff for over two years.

The plaintiff expressed no complaints about Mr. Rose until various lawyers began to surface and demand that the plaintiff be paid millions of dollars. This is the third lawyer the plaintiff has retained in this matter. Two years have passed since Mr. Rose ended the consensual relationship with the plaintiff, and her claims are as meritless now as they were two years ago. We have complete confidence that the case will be dismissed and that Mr. Rose will be vindicated. This lawsuit is outrageous.”

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Nalod
Posts: 54072
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
8/28/2015  10:01 AM
Derricks lawyers are doing what they should do by painting her as a gold digger. I don't trust anything that flies out of these guys mouths.
It will all get sorted out in time.

Seemed he wanted to have some threesomes and have her be with his friends. She was not into that. Nothing wrong with that. If they raped her, big problem. How she proves it I don't know.
It will all get sorted over time.

Rose does not get good press.

Anger sells, don't buy!
ChuckBuck
Posts: 28851
Alba Posts: 11
Joined: 1/3/2012
Member: #3806
USA
8/28/2015  10:04 AM
They'll probably settle out of court for a few million. Don't think you can prove anything either way 2 years later, but just to keep her happy and put the ordeal behind them. Hush money.
BigDaddyG
Posts: 25022
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

8/28/2015  10:46 AM
Nalod wrote:Derricks lawyers are doing what they should do by painting her as a gold digger. I don't trust anything that flies out of these guys mouths.
It will all get sorted out in time.

Seemed he wanted to have some threesomes and have her be with his friends. She was not into that. Nothing wrong with that. If they raped her, big problem. How she proves it I don't know.
It will all get sorted over time.

Rose does not get good press.


The whole thing sounds bizarre and it's hard to believe anything that comes from either side at this point. I tend to believe the victims in these cases more often times than not, but these things take a different turn when money and custody issues are thrown in the fray.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Posts: 54072
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
8/28/2015  11:24 AM
Rose's popularity has not been doing well given his injury problems but his surly attitude and rumors he is not the best teammate.
With his injuries he won't see big long term contracts and I doubt much more endorsments with this crap as well.

One would think if he is willing to let it go public his resolve must be pretty strong and his defense would be solid.

If he lived with her for while, was engaged and has a kid with her I tend to be sympathetic as there was a commitment.
We have seen Lebron marry after years of not with the mother of his children and similar with Amare who had been public about dating.
That's just my opinion and kudo's to those who take care of the mother of their children. LIke I said, they had been together a while.
Im not usually sympathetic to women who are looking to get impregnated and be taken care of.

My take is there is a stench of something bad here. A women scorned will spew venom.

Anger sells, don't buy!
meloshouldgo
Posts: 23947
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

8/29/2015  12:55 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:They'll probably settle out of court for a few million. Don't think you can prove anything either way 2 years later, but just to keep her happy and put the ordeal behind them. Hush money.

Hush Money is usually paid BEFORE it makes the circles in the National Media.

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
BRIGGS
Posts: 49442
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
8/29/2015  1:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/29/2015  1:19 PM
arkrud wrote:No one is guilty until proven in court of law.
This is the cornerstone of American society.
If we will collectively lose it for whatever agenda this country is done and will became another Gulag in no time.
We already see how police brutality against African Americans which must be addresses by law became a political agenda instead.
It already cost lives of good officers who want to save lives and protect people but bad officers will still kill.
Time to stop the madness and start value truth again instead of whatever politically correct crap press and politician are coming up with.

Bill Cosby is as guilty as heck don't need a court of law for that. On the other hand on Simpson was also guilty as f and the courts let him get away with it. If history teaches us anything there is some truth to this. Does this female have much of a chance to prove it probably not. You know you can be an attractive 24 year old male rich or not and have a world of temptation at your feet. It's the person's character that ultimately matters.

TripleThreat
Posts: 21517
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/24/2012
Member: #3997

8/29/2015  6:14 PM
blkexec wrote:I'm really getting tired of these stories....Whether it's true or false. First of all, this should be a lesson for all young entrepreneurs. Regardless if she's telling the truth or not, Rose should've never put himself in this vulnerable situation. But I remember being a 20 yr old, and all I have to say is thank God I wasn't a millionaire. You rarely think about consequences until after the fact.

.....This is what happens to celebrities when you stop paying your ex girlfriends bills. Just like police brutality, and how we should hold the police accountable. We should also hold these ex girlfriends accountable if their stories are false. If Barry Bonds goes to jail for lying, so should the police and ex girlfriends. Otherwise, you will continue to have these allegations. Same should be said for gun suppliers. If a person or company sells a gun to a mentally ill person....And that person kills or harms someone, then the seller of the gun should do time as well.

You know, I've been called names on this board, accused of being a racist, been mobbed on, been belitted, insulted, spit on and so on for things I've said about "basketball", but it's sort of ironic for me to see you say stuff like this and simply get a pass.

I say things like look at the low rate of return on lottery picks like Shawn Bradley, Yi Jialian, Adam Morrison, etc and get called a racist and you get to push this?

Does it just come down to who runs in these informal UK face to face get togethers and who is buying the beers or something?

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of the crazed modern liberal fem nazis out there, but Jesus H Christ man...

Since you came on this board you have been way off in regards to trade value. - Briggs 7/28/2015
TeamBall
Posts: 24335
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/13/2012
Member: #4386

8/29/2015  11:02 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
blkexec wrote:I'm really getting tired of these stories....Whether it's true or false. First of all, this should be a lesson for all young entrepreneurs. Regardless if she's telling the truth or not, Rose should've never put himself in this vulnerable situation. But I remember being a 20 yr old, and all I have to say is thank God I wasn't a millionaire. You rarely think about consequences until after the fact.

.....This is what happens to celebrities when you stop paying your ex girlfriends bills. Just like police brutality, and how we should hold the police accountable. We should also hold these ex girlfriends accountable if their stories are false. If Barry Bonds goes to jail for lying, so should the police and ex girlfriends. Otherwise, you will continue to have these allegations. Same should be said for gun suppliers. If a person or company sells a gun to a mentally ill person....And that person kills or harms someone, then the seller of the gun should do time as well.

You know, I've been called names on this board, accused of being a racist, been mobbed on, been belitted, insulted, spit on and so on for things I've said about "basketball", but it's sort of ironic for me to see you say stuff like this and simply get a pass.

I say things like look at the low rate of return on lottery picks like Shawn Bradley, Yi Jialian, Adam Morrison, etc and get called a racist and you get to push this?

Does it just come down to who runs in these informal UK face to face get togethers and who is buying the beers or something?

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of the crazed modern liberal fem nazis out there, but Jesus H Christ man...


Why don't you actually tell the whole story? Talk about how you used Shumpert as an example that all young black athletes care about it flash and mixtapes; how you said all young black children are taught to rely on the race card; how you hoped Melo got a divorce due to his wife's alleged infidelity because you somehow thought it would cause him to push for a trade. I haven't even told the whole story when it comes to your ignorance.

I'm really getting tired of these stories....Whether it's true or false. First of all, this should be a lesson for all young entrepreneurs. Regardless if she's telling the truth or not, Rose should've never put himself in this vulnerable situation. But I remember being a 20 yr old, and all I have to say is thank God I wasn't a millionaire. You rarely think about consequences until after the fact.
.....This is what happens to celebrities when you stop paying your ex girlfriends bills. Just like police brutality, and how we should hold the police accountable. We should also hold these ex girlfriends accountable if their stories are false. If Barry Bonds goes to jail for lying, so should the police and ex girlfriends. Otherwise, you will continue to have these allegations. Same should be said for gun suppliers. If a person or company sells a gun to a mentally ill person....And that person kills or harms someone, then the seller of the gun should do time as well.

I don't see how you could want him to get flack for this (I'm not getting into the whole gun discussion). There have been plenty of stories where a woman accused a man of rape only to later admit that it was fabricated. I think a case in Hofstra comes to mind but I don't remember. These men accused get the full effect of the court of public opinion before even seeing a day in court. Their reputations are ruined. Why should the accuser, of ANY gender, not get punished for it?
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
TPercy
Posts: 24619
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/5/2014
Member: #5748

8/30/2015  1:11 AM
holfresh wrote:Just one big clusterfck...If he really did that..Wow..If she is lying, Wow..

This

The Future is Bright!
arkrud
Posts: 30681
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
8/30/2015  8:31 AM
TeamBall wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
blkexec wrote:I'm really getting tired of these stories....Whether it's true or false. First of all, this should be a lesson for all young entrepreneurs. Regardless if she's telling the truth or not, Rose should've never put himself in this vulnerable situation. But I remember being a 20 yr old, and all I have to say is thank God I wasn't a millionaire. You rarely think about consequences until after the fact.

.....This is what happens to celebrities when you stop paying your ex girlfriends bills. Just like police brutality, and how we should hold the police accountable. We should also hold these ex girlfriends accountable if their stories are false. If Barry Bonds goes to jail for lying, so should the police and ex girlfriends. Otherwise, you will continue to have these allegations. Same should be said for gun suppliers. If a person or company sells a gun to a mentally ill person....And that person kills or harms someone, then the seller of the gun should do time as well.

You know, I've been called names on this board, accused of being a racist, been mobbed on, been belitted, insulted, spit on and so on for things I've said about "basketball", but it's sort of ironic for me to see you say stuff like this and simply get a pass.

I say things like look at the low rate of return on lottery picks like Shawn Bradley, Yi Jialian, Adam Morrison, etc and get called a racist and you get to push this?

Does it just come down to who runs in these informal UK face to face get togethers and who is buying the beers or something?

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of the crazed modern liberal fem nazis out there, but Jesus H Christ man...


Why don't you actually tell the whole story? Talk about how you used Shumpert as an example that all young black athletes care about it flash and mixtapes; how you said all young black children are taught to rely on the race card; how you hoped Melo got a divorce due to his wife's alleged infidelity because you somehow thought it would cause him to push for a trade. I haven't even told the whole story when it comes to your ignorance.

I'm really getting tired of these stories....Whether it's true or false. First of all, this should be a lesson for all young entrepreneurs. Regardless if she's telling the truth or not, Rose should've never put himself in this vulnerable situation. But I remember being a 20 yr old, and all I have to say is thank God I wasn't a millionaire. You rarely think about consequences until after the fact.
.....This is what happens to celebrities when you stop paying your ex girlfriends bills. Just like police brutality, and how we should hold the police accountable. We should also hold these ex girlfriends accountable if their stories are false. If Barry Bonds goes to jail for lying, so should the police and ex girlfriends. Otherwise, you will continue to have these allegations. Same should be said for gun suppliers. If a person or company sells a gun to a mentally ill person....And that person kills or harms someone, then the seller of the gun should do time as well.

I don't see how you could want him to get flack for this (I'm not getting into the whole gun discussion). There have been plenty of stories where a woman accused a man of rape only to later admit that it was fabricated. I think a case in Hofstra comes to mind but I don't remember. These men accused get the full effect of the court of public opinion before even seeing a day in court. Their reputations are ruined. Why should the accuser, of ANY gender, not get punished for it?

No one should generalize.
We have one culture - American culture.
There are some things in it which are wrong and are setting us back as society from reaching more wealth and happiness.
We make mistakes and we try to correct them but then again make mistakes in doing this.
This is natural for humans.
What we must not do is to stop openly argue this mistakes. Because if we will stop we are done improving our lives.
We all know that we have huge issues with race relationship, racism, homophobia, sexism, crime, and corruption.
We know all races, genders, and groups are contribute to them.
So lets openly talk about it without hanging labels and shutting down independent opinions.

He can teach them to meditate... but no one can control even his own mind...
TeamBall
Posts: 24335
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/13/2012
Member: #4386

8/30/2015  12:53 PM
arkrud wrote:No one should generalize.
We have one culture - American culture.
There are some things in it which are wrong and are setting us back as society from reaching more wealth and happiness.
We make mistakes and we try to correct them but then again make mistakes in doing this.
This is natural for humans.
What we must not do is to stop openly argue this mistakes. Because if we will stop we are done improving our lives.
We all know that we have huge issues with race relationship, racism, homophobia, sexism, crime, and corruption.
We know all races, genders, and groups are contribute to them.
So lets openly talk about it without hanging labels and shutting down independent opinions.

I did not generalize. I simply strongly disagreed with his generalizations which I have a right to. I am more than willingly to openly discuss it as long as all points are heard and acknowledged and not cherry picked.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
martin
Posts: 46304
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
8/30/2015  12:57 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
blkexec wrote:I'm really getting tired of these stories....Whether it's true or false. First of all, this should be a lesson for all young entrepreneurs. Regardless if she's telling the truth or not, Rose should've never put himself in this vulnerable situation. But I remember being a 20 yr old, and all I have to say is thank God I wasn't a millionaire. You rarely think about consequences until after the fact.

.....This is what happens to celebrities when you stop paying your ex girlfriends bills. Just like police brutality, and how we should hold the police accountable. We should also hold these ex girlfriends accountable if their stories are false. If Barry Bonds goes to jail for lying, so should the police and ex girlfriends. Otherwise, you will continue to have these allegations. Same should be said for gun suppliers. If a person or company sells a gun to a mentally ill person....And that person kills or harms someone, then the seller of the gun should do time as well.

You know, I've been called names on this board, accused of being a racist, been mobbed on, been belitted, insulted, spit on and so on for things I've said about "basketball", but it's sort of ironic for me to see you say stuff like this and simply get a pass.

I say things like look at the low rate of return on lottery picks like Shawn Bradley, Yi Jialian, Adam Morrison, etc and get called a racist and you get to push this?

Does it just come down to who runs in these informal UK face to face get togethers and who is buying the beers or something?

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of the crazed modern liberal fem nazis out there, but Jesus H Christ man...

TripleThreat, I'm getting tired of your non-basketball posts and other garbage, and to be utterly clear: this is garbage post and I want it to stop. Stick to basketball. Thanks.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Sangfroid
Posts: 23625
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/7/2009
Member: #2784

8/30/2015  1:18 PM
martin wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
blkexec wrote:I'm really getting tired of these stories....Whether it's true or false. First of all, this should be a lesson for all young entrepreneurs. Regardless if she's telling the truth or not, Rose should've never put himself in this vulnerable situation. But I remember being a 20 yr old, and all I have to say is thank God I wasn't a millionaire. You rarely think about consequences until after the fact.

.....This is what happens to celebrities when you stop paying your ex girlfriends bills. Just like police brutality, and how we should hold the police accountable. We should also hold these ex girlfriends accountable if their stories are false. If Barry Bonds goes to jail for lying, so should the police and ex girlfriends. Otherwise, you will continue to have these allegations. Same should be said for gun suppliers. If a person or company sells a gun to a mentally ill person....And that person kills or harms someone, then the seller of the gun should do time as well.

You know, I've been called names on this board, accused of being a racist, been mobbed on, been belitted, insulted, spit on and so on for things I've said about "basketball", but it's sort of ironic for me to see you say stuff like this and simply get a pass.

I say things like look at the low rate of return on lottery picks like Shawn Bradley, Yi Jialian, Adam Morrison, etc and get called a racist and you get to push this?

Does it just come down to who runs in these informal UK face to face get togethers and who is buying the beers or something?

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of the crazed modern liberal fem nazis out there, but Jesus H Christ man...

TripleThreat, I'm getting tired of your non-basketball posts and other garbage, and to be utterly clear: this is garbage post and I want it to stop. Stick to basketball. Thanks.

Definitely a candidate for the Off-Topic Forum...

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
martin
Posts: 46304
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
8/30/2015  1:22 PM
Sangfroid wrote:Definitely a candidate for the Off-Topic Forum...

Yup.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Derrick Rose being sued for gang rape

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.