8/30/2015  2:12 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:I really don't get the misdirect blame thing u do..Donnie and MDA brought Amare here but u say Dolan..Dolan's Melo meddling saved us from DWill..Next couple of years, we might need him again...

dolan pays fisher and jackson from a separate checking account, one that does not have anything to do with the players' salaries. hence your hypocrisy in saying "x and y got paid therefore z should also get paid."

yes dolan was ultimately responsible for all the years up until jackson. then he finally admitted he did not know what he was doing. hence everything leading up to that admission has his paw prints and values all over it. isiaiah thomas promising the playoffs, marbury, crawford, zbo, curry, anucha and the whole mess... then walsh is virtually foisted on dolan and do you think dolan appreciates that? no he does not. he is behind the lbj sweepstakes, he is behind the stoudemire acquisition because of his "values," and he is clearly behind the melo trade-rape in 2011. proof is in how eager walsh was to hightail it out of msg.

you want the knicks to win you have to keep dolan far far away from the knicks.

So u still won't admit Amare was signed by Donnie and MDA..MDA resigned because Dolan didn't trade Melo for DWill..You won't admit that Phil resigned Melo..How do you decide which facts to acknowledge and not acknowledge and why would anyone take you seriously if the basics fact aren't even acknowledged?

come on man. the directive of win now when isaiah was here was from whom? obviously dolan! so isaiah, that miserable little shyt, lied to dolan saying he could build a winner on the fly and failed miserably. what a joke. and embarrassing.

the directive of pursuing lbj was given by dolan. no problem there. every imbecile can recognize a true franchise talent. but.......... when that failed dolan gave a directive-- a DIRECTIVE-- to walsh to pursue a marquee name to put.azzes.in.seats. that was not walsh. why would walsh take on a guy with uninsurable knees and depends on nash for his career? is amare a basketball decision or a business decision?

a gm's job is to try to put together a winner, but if the owner's desire is to put azzes in seats then guess what happens: the knicks.

I hate to butt in here but I'm gonna have to call you out on the bold. You and I had a similar debate a while ago. At the time, you were adamant that Amare was a Walsh signing. In fact, you actually made it out to look a lot more positive than you are now.

so far as walsh's intents with stoudemire, it is not a fact that it was a mistake to acquire him but it is a fact that walsh had to start someplace that summer. why is that a fact? because we all suffered from two years of emptiness and walsh had to reward our patience. it was necessary.

because walsh wanted to rebuild and that 2010-11 season was the first season of rebuild, after two season's of flushing thomas's poopoo away. that is not pandering. walsh is smarter than the fanbase but understands that they waited patiently for lebron james. so something had to be done. had to = necessity.

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=46863&page=5

Now, there's nothing wrong with you seemingly having changed your mind but is that the case or no?

yes i definitely said those things and thanks for providing the link so i could look at my own words. here's the thing... yes i have shifted my point of view on walsh to one of his working from the directive of dolan vis a vis putting azzes in seats. i think he agreed to this scenario to appease dolan but did not expect the level of collusion that lebron, wade, and bosh stooped to. it caught everyone off guard. that said, i believe that if walsh had full autonomy he would have passed on stoudemire-- the move was a sign of desperation that i do not see as sourced in walsh's M.O. the next desperate move was the melo trade-- the desperation of that trade was clearly from dolan. anything desperate reeks of dolan.

i believe that until dolan admitted he did not know what he was doing you can assume it all comes from him, that the moves that the gms have made were never autonomous and refelcted the values of dolan, such as they are....

that's why i am optimistic about jackson's work here, if for no other reason than he has been promised full autonomy.

Ok, fair enough. We're in agreement about Melo ultimately being Dolan's call. Amare, on the other hand, I think was a Walsh panic move.
And of course we're in agreement that Phil having full autonomy would be for the better after what Dolan has done.
i had no problem with the amare signing even though 5 years was too long. If walsh did nothing the fanbase would have been pissed. The mistake walsh made was using the amnesty clause on billups instead of amare
It was a huge mistake. The doctors in Phoenix said that he would not be able to play for that long and that was why they didn't offer him a contract. He couldn't have his contract insured because his knee condition was so bad. I think Walsh felt he had to come away with something. He had traded away picks and assets to get cap space and he didn't want to come up empty handed. Walsh bid against himself and compromised the knicks cap position for five years.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
TeamBall
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4386

8/30/2015  2:15 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:I really don't get the misdirect blame thing u do..Donnie and MDA brought Amare here but u say Dolan..Dolan's Melo meddling saved us from DWill..Next couple of years, we might need him again...

dolan pays fisher and jackson from a separate checking account, one that does not have anything to do with the players' salaries. hence your hypocrisy in saying "x and y got paid therefore z should also get paid."

yes dolan was ultimately responsible for all the years up until jackson. then he finally admitted he did not know what he was doing. hence everything leading up to that admission has his paw prints and values all over it. isiaiah thomas promising the playoffs, marbury, crawford, zbo, curry, anucha and the whole mess... then walsh is virtually foisted on dolan and do you think dolan appreciates that? no he does not. he is behind the lbj sweepstakes, he is behind the stoudemire acquisition because of his "values," and he is clearly behind the melo trade-rape in 2011. proof is in how eager walsh was to hightail it out of msg.

So u still won't admit Amare was signed by Donnie and MDA..MDA resigned because Dolan didn't trade Melo for DWill..You won't admit that Phil resigned Melo..How do you decide which facts to acknowledge and not acknowledge and why would anyone take you seriously if the basics fact aren't even acknowledged?

come on man. the directive of win now when isaiah was here was from whom? obviously dolan! so isaiah, that miserable little shyt, lied to dolan saying he could build a winner on the fly and failed miserably. what a joke. and embarrassing.

the directive of pursuing lbj was given by dolan. no problem there. every imbecile can recognize a true franchise talent. but.......... when that failed dolan gave a directive-- a DIRECTIVE-- to walsh to pursue a marquee name to put.azzes.in.seats. that was not walsh. why would walsh take on a guy with uninsurable knees and depends on nash for his career? is amare a basketball decision or a business decision?

a gm's job is to try to put together a winner, but if the owner's desire is to put azzes in seats then guess what happens: the knicks.

I hate to butt in here but I'm gonna have to call you out on the bold. You and I had a similar debate a while ago. At the time, you were adamant that Amare was a Walsh signing. In fact, you actually made it out to look a lot more positive than you are now.

so far as walsh's intents with stoudemire, it is not a fact that it was a mistake to acquire him but it is a fact that walsh had to start someplace that summer. why is that a fact? because we all suffered from two years of emptiness and walsh had to reward our patience. it was necessary.

because walsh wanted to rebuild and that 2010-11 season was the first season of rebuild, after two season's of flushing thomas's poopoo away. that is not pandering. walsh is smarter than the fanbase but understands that they waited patiently for lebron james. so something had to be done. had to = necessity.

Now, there's nothing wrong with you seemingly having changed your mind but is that the case or no?

yes i definitely said those things and thanks for providing the link so i could look at my own words. here's the thing... yes i have shifted my point of view on walsh to one of his working from the directive of dolan vis a vis putting azzes in seats. i think he agreed to this scenario to appease dolan but did not expect the level of collusion that lebron, wade, and bosh stooped to. it caught everyone off guard. that said, i believe that if walsh had full autonomy he would have passed on stoudemire-- the move was a sign of desperation that i do not see as sourced in walsh's M.O. the next desperate move was the melo trade-- the desperation of that trade was clearly from dolan. anything desperate reeks of dolan.

i believe that until dolan admitted he did not know what he was doing you can assume it all comes from him, that the moves that the gms have made were never autonomous and refelcted the values of dolan, such as they are....

that's why i am optimistic about jackson's work here, if for no other reason than he has been promised full autonomy.

Ok, fair enough. We're in agreement about Melo ultimately being Dolan's call. Amare, on the other hand, I think was a Walsh panic move.
And of course we're in agreement that Phil having full autonomy would be for the better after what Dolan has done.
i had no problem with the amare signing even though 5 years was too long. If walsh did nothing the fanbase would have been pissed. The mistake walsh made was using the amnesty clause on billups instead of amare

We were not going to amnesty Amare after the season he had
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

8/30/2015  2:50 PM
TeamBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

we could have amnestied him after the next season. Point is ... we should have held on to it.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
8/30/2015  2:53 PM
TeamBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

No, but they didn't have to that season. They had to know the risk of signing Amare at the money and yrs they did with the injuries he had. There had to be some type of escape or backup plan. If they waited one more yr and let Billups expire while seeing if Amare could hold up. They would have put themselves in position to free up 34mil in cap space.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
TeamBall
Member: #4386

8/30/2015  2:57 PM
mreinman wrote:we could have amnestied him after the next season. Point is ... we should have held on to it.

No, but they didn't have to that season. They had to know the risk of signing Amare at the money and yrs they did with the injuries he had. There had to be some type of escape or backup plan. If they waited one more yr and let Billups expire while seeing if Amare could hold up. They would have put themselves in position to free up 34mil in cap space.

I agree with you both. I could be remembering this wrong but wasn't this handled by two different GM's? Didn't Walsh pick up Bullips' option and then stepped down, making the way for Grunwald to come in who would then amnesty Billups to sign Tyson?
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/30/2015  3:01 PM
TeamBall wrote:
mreinman wrote:we could have amnestied him after the next season. Point is ... we should have held on to it.

I agree with you both. I could be remembering this wrong but wasn't this handled by two different GM's? Didn't Walsh pick up Bullips' option and then stepped down, making the way for Grunwald to come in who would then amnesty Billups to sign Tyson?
You are right about Walsh/Grunwald.
mreinman
Member: #3189

8/30/2015  3:59 PM
TeamBall wrote:

they were both terrible gm's.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
holfresh
Member: #1081

8/30/2015  4:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/30/2015  4:57 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

So it actually turns out you are a big Donnie, MDA and Gallo guy..Which explains the Melo hate...Supported the Amare signing and he plays no defense..You talk about defense but defended MDA all the way in the face of defensive criticism...So all this Melo defense talk is BS..Can't say I'm surprised..
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
8/30/2015  5:49 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

So it actually turns out you are a big Donnie, MDA and Gallo guy..Which explains the Melo hate...Supported the Amare signing and he plays no defense..You talk about defense but defended MDA all the way in the face of defensive criticism...So all this Melo defense talk is BS..Can't say I'm surprised..

i am not so much a d'antoni and walsh guy as i am an anti-dolan guy. you are clearly a dolan guy or you wouldn't be trying to twist my position into making up sides and choosing. i am a true knick fan and dolan has ruined the knicks. you defend dolan, apparently because he is willing to spend money-- but you fail over and over again to see what a meddlesome know-nothing he has been.

"mister" dolan is an imbecilic, infantile, spoiled, entitled, tantrum-throwing, talentless, wretched low-life drunk who is good at breaking stuff but has deep enough pockets-- fvck you money-- to insulate himself from this reality.

the reason why you defend him is because he hired your fetish object isaiah thomas, who has also shown he is good at breaking stuff. it's not a good look for you that you endorse them. i mean look at the folks dolan attracts or is drawn to: isaiah thomas, stephon marbury, allan houston, carmelo anthony.

really?!?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
holfresh

8/30/2015  6:14 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

i am not so much a d'antoni and walsh guy as i am an anti-dolan guy. you are clearly a dolan guy or you wouldn't be trying to twist my position into making up sides and choosing. i am a true knick fan and dolan has ruined the knicks. you defend dolan, apparently because he is willing to spend money-- but you fail over and over again to see what a meddlesome know-nothing he has been.

"mister" dolan is an imbecilic, infantile, spoiled, entitled, tantrum-throwing, talentless, wretched low-life drunk who is good at breaking stuff but has deep enough pockets-- fvck you money-- to insulate himself from this reality.

the reason why you defend him is because he hired your fetish object isaiah thomas, who has also shown he is good at breaking stuff. it's not a good look for you that you endorse them. i mean look at the folks dolan attracts or is drawn to: isaiah thomas, stephon marbury, allan houston, carmelo anthony.

really?!?

At least I can admit who I support and don't support..I'm not going to run from it...I had you once telling me you hated MDA then in other places see you wholeheartedly supporting and defending him...No worries..We know what to expect in our back and forth...

dk7th
USA
8/30/2015  6:35 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

really?!?

At least I can admit who I support and don't support..I'm not going to run from it...I had you once telling me you hated MDA then in other places see you wholeheartedly supporting and defending him...No worries..We know what to expect in our back and forth...

i have no idea what you are referring to. when it comes to choosing between supporting dolan and anyone else guess what i am going to support anyone else, even when i don't particularly care for them per se. this kind of thinking may be above your intellectual capacity so you will of course attempt some sort of crude teardown. i'm cool widdat.

so you're admitting to liking those pieces of **** dolan and thomas? and that psychotic mess marbury too? holy moley

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
holfresh

8/30/2015  8:18 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

really?!?

i have no idea what you are referring to. when it comes to choosing between supporting dolan and anyone else guess what i am going to support anyone else, even when i don't particularly care for them per se. this kind of thinking may be above your intellectual capacity so you will of course attempt some sort of crude teardown. i'm cool widdat.

so you're admitting to liking those pieces of **** dolan and thomas? and that psychotic mess marbury too? holy moley

How could you lobby so hard against Dolan knowing the guys you supported wanted DWill which would had us in deep dooo dooo until 2017?Amare and DWill would have buried us for 7 years..Dolan saved us from those two..

holfresh

8/30/2015  8:53 PM
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Does Phil have full autonomy??

He sure seems to have enough, don't you think?

For me, the Phil Files speaks volumes about things changing. One never knows but drafting long term, high potential KP, shedding all of the other players last year, bringing in the types of role players, etc. seems like a new regime under enough full autonomy.

What autonomy don't you think he has had that would have made a difference?

I gotta ask..How do you know KP has high potential or high upside as everyone like to say?

newyorknewyork
8/30/2015  10:36 PM
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

For me, the Phil Files speaks volumes about things changing. One never knows but drafting long term, high potential KP, shedding all of the other players last year, bringing in the types of role players, etc. seems like a new regime under enough full autonomy.

I gotta ask..How do you know KP has high potential or high upside as everyone like to say?

Physical tools to go along with defined skill. As well as well documented by coaches and scouts etc who have done there research on him. His love for the game of basketball and desire to be great.

When you have a prospect that measures high in all 3 of those categories then skiy is the limit.

holfresh

8/30/2015  10:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/30/2015  10:43 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Physical tools to go along with defined skill. As well as well documented by coaches and scouts etc who have done there research on him. His love for the game of basketball and desire to be great.

When you have a prospect that measures high in all 3 of those categories then skiy is the limit.

So his height leads you to believe his upside is high?..I only ask because other players his age are more skilled and love the game and want to be great...But they are further along...So why does he get tabbed as having a higher ceiling...

dk7th
USA
8/30/2015  11:48 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

really?!?

How could you lobby so hard against Dolan knowing the guys you supported wanted DWill which would had us in deep dooo dooo until 2017?Amare and DWill would have buried us for 7 years..Dolan saved us from those two..

show me where walsh EVER said he preferred williams to anthony? i mean, he did say he was not aware williams was available and admitted he should have known better. and even if he did actively pursue williams, why would williams playing under d'antoni be so bad? wouldn't that have been a better pairing with stoudemire?

newyorknewyork
8/30/2015  11:55 PM
holfresh wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

So his height leads you to believe his upside is high?..I only ask because other players his age are more skilled and love the game and want to be great...But they are further along...So why does he get tabbed as having a higher ceiling...

His height along with his mobility for his height and ability to shoot or put the ball on the floor. This could potentially make him unguardable. Then on the defensive side he has the mobility and length to stay in front of guards off the pick and roll and rim protect at pretty high level. These are major skills in today's nba.

There aren't many players out of his draft that have as many potential tools that he has which is what makes him have the higher ceiling. Doesn't mean that he will reach them all though but its there for him. Same reason Towns went number 1 because of all the potential tools that he has for a guy his size.

holfresh

8/30/2015  11:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/30/2015  11:59 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

really?!?

show me where walsh EVER said he preferred williams to anthony? i mean, he did say he was not aware williams was available and admitted he should have known better. and even if he did actively pursue williams, why would williams playing under d'antoni be so bad? wouldn't that have been a better pairing with stoudemire?

Better pairing on the bench given their injuries/contracts crippled the respective franchises..DWill has no heart..Dude couldn't hack it in NY's distant second tier market..But then that fits right in with MDA doesn't it..
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/30/2015  11:58 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

really?!?

Unless Williams could fix STAT's back and knees no pairing with STAT and his max deal would be good. Also, the Williams trade and the trades made to keep him when he became a free agent in 2012 killed the Nets. Williams also doesn't fit your fluctuating character requirements unless he is another exception.
newyorknewyork
8/31/2015  12:02 AM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

really?!?

Williams was had in a seemingly cheaper deal then Anthony was. If Walsh new Williams was available he could have used that as leverage against Denver and if he got Williams it would have probably been for a cheaper deal then Anthony's deal was.

Williams would have been horrible though as MDA style would have broke him down physically and if you hate Melo's attitude and leadership skills then you would multiply the hate times 10 for Williams. He had Paul Pierce questioning his mental makeup and he made Sloan quit which means he probably would have ate MDA up.

Article: It is time we respect Carmelo Anthony

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy