[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Texans RB Arian Foster reveals that he doesn't believe in God
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Posts: 27102
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

8/7/2015  12:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/7/2015  4:56 PM
Hard to believe if what the guy in the article says is true- that Foster is the "first active professional athlete, let alone star, to ever stand up in support of gaining respect for secular Americans."

Sad, if true (that so few athletes "come out" because of financial consequences), but not unexpected given what you usually hear from pro athletes today. Big reason why I did not want Tebow doing anything good for the Jets.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25262223/arian-foster-reveals-that-he-doesnt-believe-in-god


The topic of God was a popular one in the NFL this year after Seattle's improbable 28-22 win over the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Championship.

After the win, Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson said that God set his team up for the win. Then there was Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who held firm to the belief that God doesn't care "a whole lot about the outcome" of football games.

"He cares about the people involved, but I don't think he's a big football fan," Rodgers said.

Texans running back Arian Foster agrees that God doesn't care about football, but Foster's reason for believing that is slightly different than Rodgers' reason:Foster believes that God doesn't care about football because God doesn't exist.

During an interview with ESPN the Magazine, Foster revealed that he doesn't believe in God.

"If there is a God and he's watching football, there are so many other things he could be doing," Foster said. "There are hungry children and diseases and famine and so much important stuff going on in the world, and he's really blessed your team? It's just weird to me."

Foster's brother Abdul jokes that Arian is "The anti-Tebow,"

The chairman of Openly Secular, Todd Stiefel, believes that Foster is the first professional athlete to openly admit he doesn't believe in God.

"This is unprecedented," Stiefel told ESPN. "He is the first active professional athlete, let alone star, to ever stand up in support of gaining respect for secular Americans."

Foster believes there are other players like him, but they're afraid to open up about their beliefs because of potential backlash.

"You don't want to ruin endorsements," Foster said. "People might say, 'I don't want an atheist representing my team.' "

Foster said that being a star in the NFL allowed him to open up about what he believes.

"I'm established in this league, and as I'm digging deeper into myself and my truth, just being me is more important than being sexy to Pepsi or whoever," Foster said. "After awhile, what's an extra dollar compared to the freedom of being you? That's the choice I made."

The 28-year-old was raised Muslim, but that only lasted until his junior year in high school when he finally told his dad about his beliefs.

"Everybody always says the same thing: You have to have faith," Foster said. "That's my whole thing: Faith isn't enough for me. For people who are struggling with that, they're nervous about telling their families or afraid of the backlash ... man, don't be afraid to be you. I was, for years."

According to the Texans running back, some people just don't understand what it means when he says he's secular.

"I get the devil-worship thing a lot. They'll ask me, 'You worship the devil?' " Foster said. " 'No, bro, I don't believe there's a God, why would I believe there's a devil?' There's a lot of ignorance about non-belief. I don't mean a negative connotation of ignorance. I just mean a lack of understanding, a lack of knowledge, lack of exposure to people like me."

Foster, who's expected to miss some serious time in 2015 after injuring his groin this week, is probably going to have to get to used to people like this.

Don't look for Foster to respond to stuff like that though, the Texans running back said he respects all beliefs.

"I have no ill will toward religion or religious people. I have no quarrels," Foster said. "Believe what you want to believe."



Arian Foster is the 'anti-Tebow,' according to Foster's brother. (USATSI)

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
DJMUSIC
Posts: 22489
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/30/2007
Member: #1283

8/7/2015  1:15 PM
Sad, but I respect the dude foster
Ya know what he will believe one day ..c
Gent just doesn't know it yet!
Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
DrAlphaeus
Posts: 23751
Alba Posts: 10
Joined: 12/19/2007
Member: #1781

8/7/2015  3:37 PM
DJMUSIC wrote:Sad, but I respect the dude foster
Ya know what he will believe one day ..c
Gent just doesn't know it yet!

You think he'll believe there is a god one day? Sure it's possible but I seriously doubt it, that's probably just wishful thinking. I think he's been like this since high school and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't say it if he didn't mean it.

(Also are you saying God looks like Mike D'Antoni?)

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
Nalod
Posts: 54072
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
8/7/2015  4:22 PM
Sad?

Preach it brother!

Anger sells, don't buy!
WaltLongmire
Posts: 27102
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

8/7/2015  4:59 PM
Nalod wrote:Sad?

Preach it brother!

Adjusted my post. For me the "sadness" has to do with the fact that athletes will not say things like this because of the possible financial repercussions.

I expect that there is a lot of peer pressure on some of these guys, too.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
jrodmc
Posts: 30601
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
8/10/2015  3:42 PM
DrAlphaeus wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:Sad, but I respect the dude foster
Ya know what he will believe one day ..c
Gent just doesn't know it yet!

You think he'll believe there is a god one day? Sure it's possible but I seriously doubt it, that's probably just wishful thinking. I think he's been like this since high school and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't say it if he didn't mean it.

(Also are you saying God looks like Mike D'Antoni?)

Antony Flew. Dude wrote books on atheism for decades. Then changed his mind based on facts. You're right; anything's possible.

Plus, are you saying you wanted Tebow to flop for the Jets just because he displays his faith? Foster seems a bit more of an open minded secular atheist than you are.

You guys spend a lot of time commenting on the internet?
DrAlphaeus
Posts: 23751
Alba Posts: 10
Joined: 12/19/2007
Member: #1781

8/11/2015  8:58 AM
jrodmc wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:Sad, but I respect the dude foster
Ya know what he will believe one day ..c
Gent just doesn't know it yet!

You think he'll believe there is a god one day? Sure it's possible but I seriously doubt it, that's probably just wishful thinking. I think he's been like this since high school and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't say it if he didn't mean it.

(Also are you saying God looks like Mike D'Antoni?)

Antony Flew. Dude wrote books on atheism for decades. Then changed his mind based on facts. You're right; anything's possible.

Plus, are you saying you wanted Tebow to flop for the Jets just because he displays his faith? Foster seems a bit more of an open minded secular atheist than you are.

Antony Flew, I think I've heard about him. Interesting, I will look into him.

The Tebow thing was Walt, I don't believe in football.

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
jrodmc
Posts: 30601
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
8/11/2015  3:08 PM
DrAlphaeus wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:Sad, but I respect the dude foster
Ya know what he will believe one day ..c
Gent just doesn't know it yet!

You think he'll believe there is a god one day? Sure it's possible but I seriously doubt it, that's probably just wishful thinking. I think he's been like this since high school and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't say it if he didn't mean it.

(Also are you saying God looks like Mike D'Antoni?)

Antony Flew. Dude wrote books on atheism for decades. Then changed his mind based on facts. You're right; anything's possible.

Plus, are you saying you wanted Tebow to flop for the Jets just because he displays his faith? Foster seems a bit more of an open minded secular atheist than you are.

Antony Flew, I think I've heard about him. Interesting, I will look into him.

The Tebow thing was Walt, I don't believe in football.

Football doesn't believe in you, either.

I always get you and Walt confused. Not sure why. Maybe I'll write a book about it in the Off Topic Forum.

You guys spend a lot of time commenting on the internet?
WaltLongmire
Posts: 27102
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

8/25/2015  11:53 AM
jrodmc wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:Sad, but I respect the dude foster
Ya know what he will believe one day ..c
Gent just doesn't know it yet!

You think he'll believe there is a god one day? Sure it's possible but I seriously doubt it, that's probably just wishful thinking. I think he's been like this since high school and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't say it if he didn't mean it.

(Also are you saying God looks like Mike D'Antoni?)

Antony Flew. Dude wrote books on atheism for decades. Then changed his mind based on facts. You're right; anything's possible.

Plus, are you saying you wanted Tebow to flop for the Jets just because he displays his faith? Foster seems a bit more of an open minded secular atheist than you are.

Antony Flew, I think I've heard about him. Interesting, I will look into him.

The Tebow thing was Walt, I don't believe in football.

Football doesn't believe in you, either.

I always get you and Walt confused. Not sure why. Maybe I'll write a book about it in the Off Topic Forum.


???
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire
Posts: 27102
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

8/25/2015  11:58 AM
...And then there is this one. Not sure how Anthony Flew would react to this...Bertrand Russell would have a laugh, though

Lions safety: God meant for Packers WR Jordy Nelson to get hurt
By John Breech | CBSSports.com
August 24, 2015 3:52 pm ET

After Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson went down with a serious knee injury during a preseason game with the Steelers on Sunday, one of the first topics of conversation was: Should the NFL shorten its preseason?

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and Hall of Fame quarterback Troy Aikman both agree that the preseason should be shortened. However, not everyone's on the same page as those two.

According to Lions safety Glover Quin, the length of the preseason doesn't matter because the injuries are going to happen no matter what. Quin believes that players like Nelson are predestined by God to be injured.

"I hated Jordy got hurt, but in my beliefs, and the way I believe, it was -- God meant for Jordy to get hurt," Quin told MLive.com.

Quin basically believes that Nelson would've still gotten hurt even if he sat out the entire preseason because the injury was "meant" to happen.

"If he wouldn't have got hurt [on Sunday], if he wouldn't have played in that game, if he wouldn't have practiced anymore, and the next time he walked on the field would have been opening day, I feel like he would have got hurt opening day," Quin said.

God has been a hot topic this offseason.

Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson said God spoke to him in the NFC title game -- and then there's Arian Foster, who probably has a hard time believing Wilson (or Quin). The Texans running back publicly announced in August that he doesn't believe in God.

As for Nelson's injury, Glover actually sees a silver lining for the Packers: Since Nelson was injured in mid-August, Green Bay's offense will have a few weeks before the regular season starts to figure out how its offense will operate without him.

"They've got three weeks to make adjustments and prepare before opening day, as opposed to it happening opening day and now you're in the season and now Jordy gets hurt," Glover said. "It happening in the preseason, you hate that it happened, but that gives them time to make adjustments and try to find something."

At least the Supreme Deity had the decency to injure Nelson at a time which allows the Packers to adjust.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
DrAlphaeus
Posts: 23751
Alba Posts: 10
Joined: 12/19/2007
Member: #1781

8/25/2015  10:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/25/2015  11:22 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:...And then there is this one. Not sure how Anthony Flew would react to this...Bertrand Russell would have a laugh, though

Lions safety: God meant for Packers WR Jordy Nelson to get hurt
By John Breech | CBSSports.com
August 24, 2015 3:52 pm ET

After Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson went down with a serious knee injury during a preseason game with the Steelers on Sunday, one of the first topics of conversation was: Should the NFL shorten its preseason?

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and Hall of Fame quarterback Troy Aikman both agree that the preseason should be shortened. However, not everyone's on the same page as those two.

According to Lions safety Glover Quin, the length of the preseason doesn't matter because the injuries are going to happen no matter what. Quin believes that players like Nelson are predestined by God to be injured.

"I hated Jordy got hurt, but in my beliefs, and the way I believe, it was -- God meant for Jordy to get hurt," Quin told MLive.com.

Quin basically believes that Nelson would've still gotten hurt even if he sat out the entire preseason because the injury was "meant" to happen.

"If he wouldn't have got hurt [on Sunday], if he wouldn't have played in that game, if he wouldn't have practiced anymore, and the next time he walked on the field would have been opening day, I feel like he would have got hurt opening day," Quin said.

God has been a hot topic this offseason.

Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson said God spoke to him in the NFC title game -- and then there's Arian Foster, who probably has a hard time believing Wilson (or Quin). The Texans running back publicly announced in August that he doesn't believe in God.

As for Nelson's injury, Glover actually sees a silver lining for the Packers: Since Nelson was injured in mid-August, Green Bay's offense will have a few weeks before the regular season starts to figure out how its offense will operate without him.

"They've got three weeks to make adjustments and prepare before opening day, as opposed to it happening opening day and now you're in the season and now Jordy gets hurt," Glover said. "It happening in the preseason, you hate that it happened, but that gives them time to make adjustments and try to find something."

At least the Supreme Deity had the decency to injure Nelson at a time which allows the Packers to adjust.

It's funny, a week or two before jrod brought up Antony Flew, I came across his book "Atheistic Humanism" in a bookstore and snapped a pic of the cover — which I do when I see an interesting book I may want to read someday and want to remember the title. Only put 2 & 2 together afterwards. Prophetic! (Is that how prophecy works?)

Flew did indeed "convert" from atheism in his last years to what looks like deism or maybe pantheism — closer to the creator god of Jefferson or Spinoza who wasn't a personal god meddling with revelations, incarnations, or even the Holy American Game of Gridiron.

Looking into the mess of who exactly authored those last books with Flew... yuck. Looks like a bunch of Christian apologists giddy over this big "get" to their side (even though again, Flew didn't believe in the revelations of any Abrahamic faith) and using an elderly man's fame & trust to co-sign their holy ghostwriting.

But what do I know, it's not like I was there and saw the book authored or anything.

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
DrAlphaeus
Posts: 23751
Alba Posts: 10
Joined: 12/19/2007
Member: #1781

8/25/2015  11:05 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:Sad, but I respect the dude foster
Ya know what he will believe one day ..c
Gent just doesn't know it yet!

You think he'll believe there is a god one day? Sure it's possible but I seriously doubt it, that's probably just wishful thinking. I think he's been like this since high school and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't say it if he didn't mean it.

(Also are you saying God looks like Mike D'Antoni?)

Antony Flew. Dude wrote books on atheism for decades. Then changed his mind based on facts. You're right; anything's possible.

Plus, are you saying you wanted Tebow to flop for the Jets just because he displays his faith? Foster seems a bit more of an open minded secular atheist than you are.

Antony Flew, I think I've heard about him. Interesting, I will look into him.

The Tebow thing was Walt, I don't believe in football.

Football doesn't believe in you, either.

I always get you and Walt confused. Not sure why. Maybe I'll write a book about it in the Off Topic Forum.


???

Translation: you arrogant godless types are all the same #sorrynotsorry #blessed

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
jrodmc
Posts: 30601
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
8/26/2015  11:13 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:...And then there is this one. Not sure how Anthony Flew would react to this...Bertrand Russell would have a laugh, though

Lions safety: God meant for Packers WR Jordy Nelson to get hurt
By John Breech | CBSSports.com
August 24, 2015 3:52 pm ET

After Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson went down with a serious knee injury during a preseason game with the Steelers on Sunday, one of the first topics of conversation was: Should the NFL shorten its preseason?

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and Hall of Fame quarterback Troy Aikman both agree that the preseason should be shortened. However, not everyone's on the same page as those two.

According to Lions safety Glover Quin, the length of the preseason doesn't matter because the injuries are going to happen no matter what. Quin believes that players like Nelson are predestined by God to be injured.

"I hated Jordy got hurt, but in my beliefs, and the way I believe, it was -- God meant for Jordy to get hurt," Quin told MLive.com.

Quin basically believes that Nelson would've still gotten hurt even if he sat out the entire preseason because the injury was "meant" to happen.

"If he wouldn't have got hurt [on Sunday], if he wouldn't have played in that game, if he wouldn't have practiced anymore, and the next time he walked on the field would have been opening day, I feel like he would have got hurt opening day," Quin said.

God has been a hot topic this offseason.

Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson said God spoke to him in the NFC title game -- and then there's Arian Foster, who probably has a hard time believing Wilson (or Quin). The Texans running back publicly announced in August that he doesn't believe in God.

As for Nelson's injury, Glover actually sees a silver lining for the Packers: Since Nelson was injured in mid-August, Green Bay's offense will have a few weeks before the regular season starts to figure out how its offense will operate without him.

"They've got three weeks to make adjustments and prepare before opening day, as opposed to it happening opening day and now you're in the season and now Jordy gets hurt," Glover said. "It happening in the preseason, you hate that it happened, but that gives them time to make adjustments and try to find something."

At least the Supreme Deity had the decency to injure Nelson at a time which allows the Packers to adjust.

Bertrand Russell, the same guy who couldn't stay married because he took a bike ride, and who was quoted as saying he just wanted someone to love him?

Nice of you to assign an acceptable level of "decency" to the Supreme Deity. God sends his sincere thanks to you.

You guys spend a lot of time commenting on the internet?
jrodmc
Posts: 30601
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
8/26/2015  11:17 AM
DrAlphaeus wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:...And then there is this one. Not sure how Anthony Flew would react to this...Bertrand Russell would have a laugh, though

Lions safety: God meant for Packers WR Jordy Nelson to get hurt
By John Breech | CBSSports.com
August 24, 2015 3:52 pm ET

After Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson went down with a serious knee injury during a preseason game with the Steelers on Sunday, one of the first topics of conversation was: Should the NFL shorten its preseason?

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and Hall of Fame quarterback Troy Aikman both agree that the preseason should be shortened. However, not everyone's on the same page as those two.

According to Lions safety Glover Quin, the length of the preseason doesn't matter because the injuries are going to happen no matter what. Quin believes that players like Nelson are predestined by God to be injured.

"I hated Jordy got hurt, but in my beliefs, and the way I believe, it was -- God meant for Jordy to get hurt," Quin told MLive.com.

Quin basically believes that Nelson would've still gotten hurt even if he sat out the entire preseason because the injury was "meant" to happen.

"If he wouldn't have got hurt [on Sunday], if he wouldn't have played in that game, if he wouldn't have practiced anymore, and the next time he walked on the field would have been opening day, I feel like he would have got hurt opening day," Quin said.

God has been a hot topic this offseason.

Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson said God spoke to him in the NFC title game -- and then there's Arian Foster, who probably has a hard time believing Wilson (or Quin). The Texans running back publicly announced in August that he doesn't believe in God.

As for Nelson's injury, Glover actually sees a silver lining for the Packers: Since Nelson was injured in mid-August, Green Bay's offense will have a few weeks before the regular season starts to figure out how its offense will operate without him.

"They've got three weeks to make adjustments and prepare before opening day, as opposed to it happening opening day and now you're in the season and now Jordy gets hurt," Glover said. "It happening in the preseason, you hate that it happened, but that gives them time to make adjustments and try to find something."

At least the Supreme Deity had the decency to injure Nelson at a time which allows the Packers to adjust.

It's funny, a week or two before jrod brought up Antony Flew, I came across his book "Atheistic Humanism" in a bookstore and snapped a pic of the cover — which I do when I see an interesting book I may want to read someday and want to remember the title. Only put 2 & 2 together afterwards. Prophetic! (Is that how prophecy works?)

Flew did indeed "convert" from atheism in his last years to what looks like deism or maybe pantheism — closer to the creator god of Jefferson or Spinoza who wasn't a personal god meddling with revelations, incarnations, or even the Holy American Game of Gridiron.

Looking into the mess of who exactly authored those last books with Flew... yuck. Looks like a bunch of Christian apologists giddy over this big "get" to their side (even though again, Flew didn't believe in the revelations of any Abrahamic faith) and using an elderly man's fame & trust to co-sign their holy ghostwriting.

But what do I know, it's not like I was there and saw the book authored or anything.

Or bothered to actually read his "There IS a God" book. Yuck! Imagine actually reading something instead of snapping pics or reading Yum! atheist reviews of said books. Don't be afraid, DrA, God loves you anyway. Hopefully even as much as you think is decent.

But keep 'em coming with the evil right wing religionist extremist consipiracy theories. Very entertaining.

You guys spend a lot of time commenting on the internet?
jrodmc
Posts: 30601
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
8/26/2015  11:21 AM
DrAlphaeus wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:Sad, but I respect the dude foster
Ya know what he will believe one day ..c
Gent just doesn't know it yet!

You think he'll believe there is a god one day? Sure it's possible but I seriously doubt it, that's probably just wishful thinking. I think he's been like this since high school and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't say it if he didn't mean it.

(Also are you saying God looks like Mike D'Antoni?)

Antony Flew. Dude wrote books on atheism for decades. Then changed his mind based on facts. You're right; anything's possible.

Plus, are you saying you wanted Tebow to flop for the Jets just because he displays his faith? Foster seems a bit more of an open minded secular atheist than you are.

Antony Flew, I think I've heard about him. Interesting, I will look into him.

The Tebow thing was Walt, I don't believe in football.

Football doesn't believe in you, either.

I always get you and Walt confused. Not sure why. Maybe I'll write a book about it in the Off Topic Forum.


???

Translation: you arrogant godless types are all the same #sorrynotsorry #blessed

Subtitle: "I sure hope my passive agressiveness shows my sincere need to be my own God, and that I am truly qualified for the job" #arrestedadolescent #victimmentality

You guys spend a lot of time commenting on the internet?
DrAlphaeus
Posts: 23751
Alba Posts: 10
Joined: 12/19/2007
Member: #1781

8/26/2015  12:20 PM
jrodmc wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:...And then there is this one. Not sure how Anthony Flew would react to this...Bertrand Russell would have a laugh, though

Lions safety: God meant for Packers WR Jordy Nelson to get hurt
By John Breech | CBSSports.com
August 24, 2015 3:52 pm ET

After Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson went down with a serious knee injury during a preseason game with the Steelers on Sunday, one of the first topics of conversation was: Should the NFL shorten its preseason?

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and Hall of Fame quarterback Troy Aikman both agree that the preseason should be shortened. However, not everyone's on the same page as those two.

According to Lions safety Glover Quin, the length of the preseason doesn't matter because the injuries are going to happen no matter what. Quin believes that players like Nelson are predestined by God to be injured.

"I hated Jordy got hurt, but in my beliefs, and the way I believe, it was -- God meant for Jordy to get hurt," Quin told MLive.com.

Quin basically believes that Nelson would've still gotten hurt even if he sat out the entire preseason because the injury was "meant" to happen.

"If he wouldn't have got hurt [on Sunday], if he wouldn't have played in that game, if he wouldn't have practiced anymore, and the next time he walked on the field would have been opening day, I feel like he would have got hurt opening day," Quin said.

God has been a hot topic this offseason.

Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson said God spoke to him in the NFC title game -- and then there's Arian Foster, who probably has a hard time believing Wilson (or Quin). The Texans running back publicly announced in August that he doesn't believe in God.

As for Nelson's injury, Glover actually sees a silver lining for the Packers: Since Nelson was injured in mid-August, Green Bay's offense will have a few weeks before the regular season starts to figure out how its offense will operate without him.

"They've got three weeks to make adjustments and prepare before opening day, as opposed to it happening opening day and now you're in the season and now Jordy gets hurt," Glover said. "It happening in the preseason, you hate that it happened, but that gives them time to make adjustments and try to find something."

At least the Supreme Deity had the decency to injure Nelson at a time which allows the Packers to adjust.

It's funny, a week or two before jrod brought up Antony Flew, I came across his book "Atheistic Humanism" in a bookstore and snapped a pic of the cover — which I do when I see an interesting book I may want to read someday and want to remember the title. Only put 2 & 2 together afterwards. Prophetic! (Is that how prophecy works?)

Flew did indeed "convert" from atheism in his last years to what looks like deism or maybe pantheism — closer to the creator god of Jefferson or Spinoza who wasn't a personal god meddling with revelations, incarnations, or even the Holy American Game of Gridiron.

Looking into the mess of who exactly authored those last books with Flew... yuck. Looks like a bunch of Christian apologists giddy over this big "get" to their side (even though again, Flew didn't believe in the revelations of any Abrahamic faith) and using an elderly man's fame & trust to co-sign their holy ghostwriting.

But what do I know, it's not like I was there and saw the book authored or anything.

Or bothered to actually read his "There IS a God" book. Yuck! Imagine actually reading something instead of snapping pics or reading Yum! atheist reviews of said books. Don't be afraid, DrA, God loves you anyway. Hopefully even as much as you think is decent.

But keep 'em coming with the evil right wing religionist extremist consipiracy theories. Very entertaining.

I may read it one day, but reviews help to see if it's worth the time. From what I've read, looks like the co-author Roy Abraham Varghese did a lot of the heavy lifting and it sounds suspect. But happy to be a clown.

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
DrAlphaeus
Posts: 23751
Alba Posts: 10
Joined: 12/19/2007
Member: #1781

8/26/2015  12:22 PM
jrodmc wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:Sad, but I respect the dude foster
Ya know what he will believe one day ..c
Gent just doesn't know it yet!

You think he'll believe there is a god one day? Sure it's possible but I seriously doubt it, that's probably just wishful thinking. I think he's been like this since high school and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't say it if he didn't mean it.

(Also are you saying God looks like Mike D'Antoni?)

Antony Flew. Dude wrote books on atheism for decades. Then changed his mind based on facts. You're right; anything's possible.

Plus, are you saying you wanted Tebow to flop for the Jets just because he displays his faith? Foster seems a bit more of an open minded secular atheist than you are.

Antony Flew, I think I've heard about him. Interesting, I will look into him.

The Tebow thing was Walt, I don't believe in football.

Football doesn't believe in you, either.

I always get you and Walt confused. Not sure why. Maybe I'll write a book about it in the Off Topic Forum.


???

Translation: you arrogant godless types are all the same #sorrynotsorry #blessed

Subtitle: "I sure hope my passive agressiveness shows my sincere need to be my own God, and that I am truly qualified for the job" #arrestedadolescent #victimmentality

Your monkey see monkey do style of mocking retort always satisfies, thanks bro.

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
DrAlphaeus
Posts: 23751
Alba Posts: 10
Joined: 12/19/2007
Member: #1781

8/26/2015  12:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/26/2015  12:55 PM
Is my silly hashtag joke about why you get Walt and me confused — and can't even just say "my bad" without snark — really passive aggressiveness? Hmm, maybe! But I think you might be using the term wrongly. But I'm no psychologist.

Is passive aggressiveness a sign I'm trying to be my own God? Is that because the real God is passive aggressive?

"I want you to do what I want on penalty of eternal damnation but I can't be bothered to actually come all the way down there and walk and talk amongst you like I used to back in the day with your great-great-grandmama who screwed it up for you by falling for temptations that I also created..."

Homie used to get in wrasslin' matches with dudes, now he can't even text a brother.

Arrested adolescence is an easy one, we are grown men talking about ballsports.

Victim mentality? Methinks thou doth project too much.

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
WaltLongmire
Posts: 27102
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

8/27/2015  4:18 PM
jrodmc wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:Sad, but I respect the dude foster
Ya know what he will believe one day ..c
Gent just doesn't know it yet!

You think he'll believe there is a god one day? Sure it's possible but I seriously doubt it, that's probably just wishful thinking. I think he's been like this since high school and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't say it if he didn't mean it.

(Also are you saying God looks like Mike D'Antoni?)

Antony Flew. Dude wrote books on atheism for decades. Then changed his mind based on facts. You're right; anything's possible.

Plus, are you saying you wanted Tebow to flop for the Jets just because he displays his faith? Foster seems a bit more of an open minded secular atheist than you are.

Antony Flew, I think I've heard about him. Interesting, I will look into him.

The Tebow thing was Walt, I don't believe in football.

Football doesn't believe in you, either.

I always get you and Walt confused. Not sure why. Maybe I'll write a book about it in the Off Topic Forum.


???

Translation: you arrogant godless types are all the same #sorrynotsorry #blessed

Subtitle: "I sure hope my passive agressiveness shows my sincere need to be my own God, and that I am truly qualified for the job" #arrestedadolescent #victimmentality


Each of us is our own "god," seems pretty clear at this point in my life.

Glover Quin, on the other hand, by throwing out the predestination BS, is running from the personal responsibility we all have as human beings, and putting out the concept that there is a deity out there somewhere pushing buttons which whether I buy whole wheat or multigrain English muffins at Trader Joes. (Bought both, by the way-perhaps an indication that the supreme being could not make up his or her mind for me.)

So it goes.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
jrodmc
Posts: 30601
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
8/31/2015  8:47 AM
DrAlphaeus wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:Sad, but I respect the dude foster
Ya know what he will believe one day ..c
Gent just doesn't know it yet!

You think he'll believe there is a god one day? Sure it's possible but I seriously doubt it, that's probably just wishful thinking. I think he's been like this since high school and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't say it if he didn't mean it.

(Also are you saying God looks like Mike D'Antoni?)

Antony Flew. Dude wrote books on atheism for decades. Then changed his mind based on facts. You're right; anything's possible.

Plus, are you saying you wanted Tebow to flop for the Jets just because he displays his faith? Foster seems a bit more of an open minded secular atheist than you are.

Antony Flew, I think I've heard about him. Interesting, I will look into him.

The Tebow thing was Walt, I don't believe in football.

Football doesn't believe in you, either.

I always get you and Walt confused. Not sure why. Maybe I'll write a book about it in the Off Topic Forum.


???

Translation: you arrogant godless types are all the same #sorrynotsorry #blessed

Subtitle: "I sure hope my passive agressiveness shows my sincere need to be my own God, and that I am truly qualified for the job" #arrestedadolescent #victimmentality

Your monkey see monkey do style of mocking retort always satisfies, thanks bro.

I've heard imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I just didn't realize I would be flattering a monkey, bro. But then, if you're correct, we're all just Rhesus on evolutionary steroids, right?

Or was that your point to begin with?

You guys spend a lot of time commenting on the internet?
Texans RB Arian Foster reveals that he doesn't believe in God

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.