[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Read PHils books!!!
Author Thread
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
8/3/2015  4:56 PM
He never said Kobe was a better defender than MJ, just that he trained harder than MJ, weights and conditioning wise.
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

8/3/2015  5:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/3/2015  5:13 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:He never said Kobe was a better defender than MJ, just that he trained harder than MJ, weights and conditioning wise.

I didn't say he said that..I'm basing it off a quote you posted, if it's true at all..He said that MJ couldn't hit an outside shot and couldn't defend...Complete rubbish..
I have to question if Phil would even say that??..

“Shaq didn’t work at it,” Jackson said. “Michael was able to succeed despite all kinds of limitations in his game. He couldn’t hit an outside shot. He couldn’t defend.
ChuckBuck
USA
8/3/2015  5:42 PM
Yes, MJ worked extra hard on his game to get to GOAT status.

In other news, the sun rises and sets, and the sky is blue.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

8/3/2015  6:35 PM
holfresh wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:He never said Kobe was a better defender than MJ, just that he trained harder than MJ, weights and conditioning wise.

I didn't say he said that..I'm basing it off a quote you posted, if it's true at all..He said that MJ couldn't hit an outside shot and couldn't defend...Complete rubbish..

“Shaq didn’t work at it,” Jackson said. “Michael was able to succeed despite all kinds of limitations in his game. He couldn’t hit an outside shot. He couldn’t defend.

Yeah, saying MJ wasn't a good defender was dumb and ignorant. Last year he said THjr was 6'8 or something and a few other stuff that didn't make since. It's what phil does. I think they will make a Geico commercial about it.

holfresh
Member: #1081

8/4/2015  10:04 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Yeah, saying MJ wasn't a good defender was dumb and ignorant. Last year he said THjr was 6'8 or something and a few other stuff that didn't make since. It's what phil does. I think they will make a Geico commercial about it.

Even Phil statement that MJ had to overcome all kinds of limitations in his game is a little curious..Dude was the best player in the game even before Phil got there...He said MJ had to pass the ball more but MJ was averaging 8 assist the year before Phil took over..I'm just wondering if most of the Phil talk is just bravado after the fact, trying to shape what people think...

ChuckBuck
USA
8/4/2015  10:06 AM
holfresh wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Even Phil statement that MJ had to overcome all kinds of limitations in his game is a little curious..Dude was the best player in the game even before Phil got there...He said MJ had to pass the ball more but MJ was averaging 8 assist the year before Phil took over..I'm just wondering if most of the Phil talk is just bravado after the fact, trying to shape what people think...

Phil pushed the best player in the world to the greatest of all time.

Remember MJ was ringless before he got there, and Pippen was already there.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/4/2015  10:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/4/2015  11:02 AM
holfresh wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Phil never said he worked on his game AFTER he became coach. He said he had to over come limitations. Maybe for haters its important phil say "From his rookie moment he had to overcome limitations in his game" He could have spoken about his career and COMPLIMENTED that he became who he became. He thought Kobe took it to another level. Every player sets a benchmark and another comes along and exceeds it.
Kobe had limitations as well coming into the league. Don't most rookies?

My take is he is humanizing Jordan and implicating the guy worked hard to be who he was. I think more than anything Phil was able to get Jordan between the ears and not think as a do it all superstar but being that in the context of the team. GOAT came AFTER winning 6 titles in 6 tries. That Jordan was able to do that is what puts him on that lofty GOAT.

Im comparison he thought Shaq did not work very hard. Not to say shaq was not great.

seems Kobe, Jordan and Phil have some traits in common. They are very supremely confident in who they are and what they did/do. If you hate, its arrogance that you take away. Red Auerbach was pretty much disliked by many too. Red Holzman was loved, but he is not in the same league as Phil and Auerbach on the legends scale. Don't get me wrong, I loved the man and his legacy.

Read PHils books!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy