[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Most of these signings moves really have very little tod with the future of the knicks
Author Thread
fwk00
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6048

8/3/2015  11:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/3/2015  11:26 PM
mreinman wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
fwk00 wrote:Is today Negative Nancy day? Good grief. Are we back to dumping on Dolan, Phil can do no right, Fisher sucks, and nobody on this team is any good before they even step on the court?

Get some counseling fer crissakes. Or find another team before you jump out the basement window and hurt yourselves.

It seems to me that if the new additions perform at their expected levels this should be a competitive team. It starts with a healthy Melo. People can hate on Melo but really his presence on the roster with the new additions should allow this team to be a playoff contender. But he's got to be healthy and in NBA form, which we won't know until he gets back on the court.

The addition of RoLo, Afflalo and O'Quinn should help to make this team more stable. They aren't sexy pick ups but they are hard workers on both ends. Helping this team to be a much better defensive team is a very important key to success this year. We really need bounce back seasons from RoLo and Afflalo. The better they play next to Melo, the better chance this team has to get wins.

Gallo, Jose, LT, Early and Lou should be even more comfortable after a season in the system. We gotta hope Jose can be more efficient and stay healthy. Gallo and Early need to take a step forward in their development this year.

Then we have KP and Jerian, who we hope can contribute at a reasonable rookie level. They won't have to carry the action as our kids did last year.

One question is what will we be able to get out of DWill. He could be a real X factor this year. He's got a lot of untapped talent and if we can get him going it could really provide a nice boost.

There are a lot of questions going into this season but there is also a lot of good news and hope to be more competitive than last year.

Well, "last year" is being misinterpreted by way too many people. It represented a transformation. The first half of the year was Phil providing Melo with empirical evidence that that current roster wasn't winning anything even if Bargnani and Calderon were healthy. Melo's early season injury sealed the deal. So when you factor in no Melo and an unmotivated cadre of vets, the Knicks weren't winning a playoff spot. After that the season was a well-orchestrated drive to lose. To think otherwise and whine endlessly about a 17 win season is just psychotic.

In truth, there is no last season to discuss. Phil tried it Melo's way and it failed none of which is either Melo's or Phil's fault (not that that will stop the blame game). The season simply turned into a transition year. Assuming the obligatory and mandatory tanking exercise were not a factor, the second half team would have won about 25 games and had Melo and others been healthy, maybe as many as thirty. The draft distorts everyone's record.

I think the Knicks can conservatively win 42-45 games IFF the main players stay healthy. Any significant injuries are a playoffs stopper.

I don't think Melo will leave nor do I think he's upset. Where would he go to be guaranteed *anything*. No such place. He can and will win here. I like all the signings. Phil has assembled a roster that is built to win. Grant is going to be a force as will Krisp. That's a Big Three in the making. And Melo is no longer alone in the final seconds taking the last shot - Sasha and Gallo both aren't afraid to shoot. It makes a big difference.

I'm looking forward to the season.

As an aside, I'm so glad the Knicks cut Ledo.

Be careful....optimism is not allowed.....

But I agree. Melo reads all the negative criticism and Im sure hes motivated.

optimism is allowed but after a while, its laughed at.

realism is prefered.

Hey, don't let me stand in the way of your self-flagellation. I find the negativism hilarious. I could put together a small flowchart of how it escalates from some player got signed therefore Phil doesn't know what he's doing, and he won't last long, and then Dolan will step in and then AIEEEEEEEEEEEE!, Zeke will take over, and then all of the Debbie Downers on all the Knicks forums will BE RIGHT! Then we'll start all over again til we tear down the next one and the next one, ad Knick-finitum.

Real enough for you?

AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

8/3/2015  11:57 PM
blkexec wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
fwk00 wrote:Is today Negative Nancy day? Good grief. Are we back to dumping on Dolan, Phil can do no right, Fisher sucks, and nobody on this team is any good before they even step on the court?

Get some counseling fer crissakes. Or find another team before you jump out the basement window and hurt yourselves.

It seems to me that if the new additions perform at their expected levels this should be a competitive team. It starts with a healthy Melo. People can hate on Melo but really his presence on the roster with the new additions should allow this team to be a playoff contender. But he's got to be healthy and in NBA form, which we won't know until he gets back on the court.

The addition of RoLo, Afflalo and O'Quinn should help to make this team more stable. They aren't sexy pick ups but they are hard workers on both ends. Helping this team to be a much better defensive team is a very important key to success this year. We really need bounce back seasons from RoLo and Afflalo. The better they play next to Melo, the better chance this team has to get wins.

Gallo, Jose, LT, Early and Lou should be even more comfortable after a season in the system. We gotta hope Jose can be more efficient and stay healthy. Gallo and Early need to take a step forward in their development this year.

Then we have KP and Jerian, who we hope can contribute at a reasonable rookie level. They won't have to carry the action as our kids did last year.

One question is what will we be able to get out of DWill. He could be a real X factor this year. He's got a lot of untapped talent and if we can get him going it could really provide a nice boost.

There are a lot of questions going into this season but there is also a lot of good news and hope to be more competitive than last year.

Well, "last year" is being misinterpreted by way too many people. It represented a transformation. The first half of the year was Phil providing Melo with empirical evidence that that current roster wasn't winning anything even if Bargnani and Calderon were healthy. Melo's early season injury sealed the deal. So when you factor in no Melo and an unmotivated cadre of vets, the Knicks weren't winning a playoff spot. After that the season was a well-orchestrated drive to lose. To think otherwise and whine endlessly about a 17 win season is just psychotic.

In truth, there is no last season to discuss. Phil tried it Melo's way and it failed none of which is either Melo's or Phil's fault (not that that will stop the blame game). The season simply turned into a transition year. Assuming the obligatory and mandatory tanking exercise were not a factor, the second half team would have won about 25 games and had Melo and others been healthy, maybe as many as thirty. The draft distorts everyone's record.

I think the Knicks can conservatively win 42-45 games IFF the main players stay healthy. Any significant injuries are a playoffs stopper.

I don't think Melo will leave nor do I think he's upset. Where would he go to be guaranteed *anything*. No such place. He can and will win here. I like all the signings. Phil has assembled a roster that is built to win. Grant is going to be a force as will Krisp. That's a Big Three in the making. And Melo is no longer alone in the final seconds taking the last shot - Sasha and Gallo both aren't afraid to shoot. It makes a big difference.

Be careful....optimism is not allowed.....around here!

So would you agree that if I become more of a hater, my additional hate will motivate Anthony even more, cause him to play even better, and therefore improve our record?

Shouldn't I get some kind of financial renumeration for doing this if it leads the Knicks to some success in the playoffs?

Just a thought.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/3/2015  11:58 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

So would you agree that if I become more of a hater, my additional hate will motivate Anthony even more, cause him to play even better, and therefore improve our record?

Shouldn't I get some kind of financial renumeration for doing this if it leads the Knicks to some success in the playoffs?

Just a thought.

Not sure but I love the quote from Jackson in the Phil Files that you just posted. Have to think that he looked into Melo's ethics before he offered the deal he did no?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WaltLongmire

8/4/2015  8:48 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Just a thought.

Not sure but I love the quote from Jackson in the Phil Files that you just posted. Have to think that he looked into Melo's ethics before he offered the deal he did no?

Real clever, buddy, I think Phil was still naive when he signed Melo. Its been a growth process for him. You also had the Dolan factor.

Remember my narrative, though- Anthony being injured and needing an operation, but still wanting to continue playing so he could be in the All Star Game, is the transformative "event" for Phil.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
holfresh
Member: #1081

8/4/2015  10:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/4/2015  10:17 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Just a thought.

Real clever, buddy, I think Phil was still naive when he signed Melo. Its been a growth process for him. You also had the Dolan factor.

Remember my narrative, though- Anthony being injured and needing an operation, but still wanting to continue playing so he could be in the All Star Game, is the transformative "event" for Phil.

You keep saying the Dolan factor in Melo's signing..Phil said that Dolan left it up to him to decide whether or not to sign Melo..Maybe you believe Phil is lying??

DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

8/4/2015  10:36 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I can put some argument into what was selected 19-35 because it was and still is an unsuspected add ins. but the 1 and only key for this teams future is porzingis. Not Carmelo Anthony or any of these free agents but what will Porzingis be at 21 years old. If we can't compete for a chip I really don't give a sht that's why I think we should trade melo-- not because melo scks or is worth 10/100 etc. but he represents the only other avenue to value add in rebuilding assets who can compliment Porzingis as a core. It's all about porzingis and his ability to stay healthy and to learn how to play the way a 7-3 guy can be most efficient to his team.

You're likely 100% right .. Briggs
I dont like this looking into FUTURE all the time with Knickerbockers
but what choice ? ? do we have?

Zeke Thomas messed up this roster and past,future with blunder draft gifts
and Zeke being in love with players whom really never EVER EVER be same again in NBA (i.e. Eddy Curry)

Thank you Zeke Thomas for absolutetly damn NOTHING brother!
ZEKE ISIAH THOMAS WORST KNICK MOMENTs
https://str8hoops.wordpress.com/2007/11/15/63/

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
WaltLongmire

8/4/2015  1:37 PM
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Just a thought.

You keep saying the Dolan factor in Melo's signing..Phil said that Dolan left it up to him to decide whether or not to sign Melo..Maybe you believe Phil is lying??

I think Phil knows how to play the game. Organizational politics sometimes trump he truth...not the time for him to instigate a public power struggle with Dolan. I assume Phil's read Sun Tzu's The Art of War- you have to pick your battles.

The big internal battle will come if Anthony doesn't totally buy into the system this year and puts up his normal numbers but the team flounders and there is some dissension in the locker room.

Can he actually live with an 18/8/5 line, slightly fewer minutes, and no All Star Game if the team is winning and actually makes the playoffs?

Will be an interesting season.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/4/2015  1:47 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Just a thought.

I think Phil knows how to play the game. Organizational politics sometimes trump he truth...not the time for him to instigate a public power struggle with Dolan. I assume Phil's read Sun Tzu's The Art of War- you have to pick your battles.

The big internal battle will come if Anthony doesn't totally buy into the system this year and puts up his normal numbers but the team flounders and there is some dissension in the locker room.

Can he actually live with an 18/8/5 line, slightly fewer minutes, and no All Star Game if the team is winning and actually makes the playoffs?

You can't have it both ways. Phil is naive when he signs Anthony but knows how to play the game? Which is it? In my opinion Phil isn't naive. He has had too much success to ever think he was naive. He might make mistakes but he isn't naive.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WaltLongmire

8/4/2015  2:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Just a thought.

You can't have it both ways. Phil is naive when he signs Anthony but knows how to play the game? Which is it? In my opinion Phil isn't naive. He has had too much success to ever think he was naive. He might make mistakes but he isn't naive.

What the heck...I sucked up my pride and gave you a Smiley on that one, and I hate using these things!
holfresh

8/4/2015  2:29 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Just a thought.

Is this based on what you think should happen or what has happened with a Phil Jackson team?? Because MJ shot attempts didn't change with Phil Jackson and Kobe's shot attempts increased under Phil Jackson..MJ assist per game went down under Phil...Have you seen the triangle work without an ISO player??

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
8/4/2015  3:50 PM
Yes. The 2 peat Lakers. Pau, Bynum, Odom all would like a word with you. Even Artest bailing out Kobe's worst playoff game in Game 7 against Boston.

Without those guys touches, Kobe doesn't have his last 2 rings.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/4/2015  4:28 PM
People need to understand that ISO or One on One looks are part of the Triangle. That's the result of the motion. You either get a shot at the basket off a cut or you end up with an ISO play in the flow of the offense. You want to get your better scorers getting wide open shots, open lanes to the basket or a One on One situation. It's not rocket science. What you don't want is to force bad shots. If the ball and players are moving effectively then you'll end up with a good shot more often than not. Melo is gonna end up with One on One looks in addition to some catch and shoot looks off motion.

The hope is that the REST of the team is much more effective in scoring the ball than they were last year.

holfresh

8/4/2015  4:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/4/2015  4:46 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:Yes. The 2 peat Lakers. Pau, Bynum, Odom all would like a word with you. Even Artest bailing out Kobe's worst playoff game in Game 7 against Boston.

Are you talking about the two playoff series where Kobe averaged 29 pts and 30 pts per???..5+ rebs, 5+ assist???..Those playoff series??..You mean the two playoff series the Kobe was Finals MVP???..I don't understand the aversion to giving the guys who do the heavy lifting, the credit...

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
8/4/2015  5:09 PM
they are building a culture. The players must match the system. Hopefully you get a few that are really talented and fit the system that can carry the team to a championship.
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
8/4/2015  5:09 PM
holfresh wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:Yes. The 2 peat Lakers. Pau, Bynum, Odom all would like a word with you. Even Artest bailing out Kobe's worst playoff game in Game 7 against Boston.

Are you talking about the two playoff series where Kobe averaged 29 pts and 30 pts per???..5+ rebs, 5+ assist???..Those playoff series??..You mean the two playoff series the Kobe was Finals MVP???

in the orlando series he shot 52.7TS%-- not good

58-135 for 43% from the field-- not good

.93:1 usage:assist ratio is actually great... albeit against an inferior finalist-- garnett was injured

in the celtics series he shot 53.3TS%-- not good

10-22
8-20
10-29
10-22
13-27
9-19
6-24 in the game where the celtics had lost perkins in game 6
60-163 for 36% from the field-- horrible!

1.56:1 usage:assist ratio the return of the black garter snake who shrinks under real pressure

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
ChuckBuck
USA
8/4/2015  5:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/4/2015  5:36 PM
Thanks dk for posting the facts once again.

Kobe did not have a good NBA finals in 2010, and choked big time in Game 7. If it weren't for Pau and Artest bailing him out due to Kobe's terrible performance, he'd be tied with Shaq still with only 4 rings.

In fact Phil even called Ron Artest the Game 7 hero:

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jun/18/sports/la-sp-lakers-web-20100619

"Ron Artest was the most valuable player tonight," Coach Phil Jackson said Thursday. "He brought life to our team, he brought life to the crowd."

LOL...phuck Kobe.

holfresh

8/4/2015  5:39 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Are you talking about the two playoff series where Kobe averaged 29 pts and 30 pts per???..5+ rebs, 5+ assist???..Those playoff series??..You mean the two playoff series the Kobe was Finals MVP???

.93:1 usage:assist ratio is actually great... albeit against an inferior finalist-- garnett was injured

10-22
8-20
10-29
10-22
13-27
9-19

1.56:1 usage:assist ratio the return of the black garter snake who shrinks under real pressure

So when you win the Finals, A win is still not a win??

ChuckBuck
USA
8/4/2015  5:47 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

10-22
8-20
10-29
10-22
13-27
9-19

Kobe didn't win the Finals, he had a TON of help.

Stop with this hero ball non-sense. One guy doesn't win the game. Team game. Triangle offense preaches team game. For every Jordan, you need a Kerr, Hodges, Paxson, Longley, Wennington, Harper, Armstrong hitting shots. For every Kobe, you need a Fish, Horry, Artest, Vujacec knocking down shots as well.

Guess I can see where you get your idolotry with #StayMe7o

Knicks advance to 2nd round, It's all Me7o!

Knicks crash and burn to 17 games, it can't be Me7o, it's the team around sucking...he's absolved of it, he's a bball hero!

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
8/4/2015  6:28 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

10-22
8-20
10-29
10-22
13-27
9-19

in the conference finals a win is win... BUT they can be qualified.

the celtics destroyed the lakers in 2008 and paul "the truth" pierce won mvp of the finals, guarding bryant the lion's share of the time. both teams were at full force and healthy. here a win is a win, solid and genuine.

orlando had NO business being in the finals but hooray for bryant and his POS 43% FG%. the magic were overmatched. here a win is a win but wow was it a cheap win.

by the way here are the fg/fga against orlando:

16-34
10-22
11-25
11-31
http://10-23
58-135

celtics lost perkins in game 6 of that series otherwise the celtics win that series too and poor wittle bwack mamba is stuck on 4. here a win is a win but just not very valuable.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
holfresh

8/4/2015  7:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/4/2015  7:09 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

10-22
8-20
10-29
10-22
13-27
9-19

in the conference finals a win is win... BUT they can be qualified.

the celtics destroyed the lakers in 2008 and paul "the truth" pierce won mvp of the finals, guarding bryant the lion's share of the time. both teams were at full force and healthy. here a win is a win, solid and genuine.

orlando had NO business being in the finals but hooray for bryant and his POS 43% FG%. the magic were overmatched. here a win is a win but wow was it a cheap win.

by the way here are the fg/fga against orlando:

16-34
10-22
11-25
11-31
http://10-23
58-135

celtics lost perkins in game 6 of that series otherwise the celtics win that series too and poor wittle bwack mamba is stuck on 4. here a win is a win but just not very valuable.

Yeah, Kobe must be kicking himself because his TS% wasn't up to par and his usage was out of this world...Who needs NBA Championship trophies..

Most of these signings moves really have very little tod with the future of the knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy