[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why am I a Jets fan again?
Author Thread
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
7/31/2015  9:25 AM
http://deadspin.com/cops-say-sheldon-richardson-raced-nentley-143-mph-refu-1721206785

Let's see the checklist here:

-Resisting arrest after being chased by police
-Going in excess of 143 MPH
-Reeking of marijuana
-Have 3 other passengers in the car while going 143 MPH, one a 12 year kid
-Loaded semi automatic weapon found in the car
-Just got suspended 4 games for weed
-Didn't inform team of said incident, so they got completely blindsided by the news yesterday

Only one thing to do....GET THE PHUCK OFF MY TEAM A#SHOLE!

Thank God for the Leonard Williams pick. After this season is done, he'll be cut from the team, and Mo Wilkerson will get Sheldon Richardson's contract money.

Phucking athletes man...thought Ballers was an HBO show only, not reality TV.

AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/31/2015  9:32 AM
That is an impressive rap sheet
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/31/2015  10:02 AM
Football players usually go a bit nuts the two weeks before camp.

Good/great players are not always good people.

Denis Rodman was a jerk off the court but on it he was true. Same for Spree. JR had his off court problems but clowning, not paying attention, suspensions and other antics ON THE COURT was a problem.
Love your Jets.

Report is Giants don't know how many fingers JPP has. Thats phuched up!!!!!
Love the teams, don't have to always love the players. They change.

ChuckBuck
USA
7/31/2015  10:11 AM
Nalod wrote:Football players usually go a bit nuts the two weeks before camp.

Good/great players are not always good people.

Denis Rodman was a jerk off the court but on it he was true. Same for Spree. JR had his off court problems but clowning, not paying attention, suspensions and other antics ON THE COURT was a problem.
Love your Jets.

Report is Giants don't know how many fingers JPP has. Thats phuched up!!!!!
Love the teams, don't have to always love the players. They change.

I'm beginning to lean towards that thinking, Nalod.

Name in the front over the name in the back. Any player that compromises that or goes against, I start to root against. It's not about "hating" on your own players, but rooting for the higher character, hard working, best exemplifying ones. They don't all have to be saints or angels, do community service, or be a high profile media darlings either. Just don't say you're not a dope fiend and will do everything to make up for the 4 game suspension (which Sheldon promised), and minutes later get the bomb dropped that you've been arrested for racing at over 143 MPH with a 12 year old kid in the car with weed, guns, and trying to outrun the police at the same time.

The Jets are bad enough as it is! Now arguably their best defensive player will get the boot by the league...not a great start to camp.

holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

7/31/2015  10:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/31/2015  10:21 AM
Stop being naive..Lots of these guys live on the edge..It's what makes them who they are and able to do their sport..Lawerence Taylor was a complete nut which made him a great player..Wait, you want the greatness along with good behavior..Ronnie Lott had his finger amputated during a game so he could get back in the game..Most of these guys are doing risky things that normal people don't do..But you want them to behave on your terms..You should become a bowling fan...
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/31/2015  10:26 AM
holfresh wrote:Stop being naive..Lots of these guys live on the edge..It's what makes them who they are and able to do their sport..Lawerence Taylor was a complete nut which made him a great player..Wait, you want the greatness along with good behavior..Ronnie Lott had his finger amputated during a game so he could get back in the game..Most of these guys are doing risky things that normal people don't do..But you want them to behave on your terms..You should become a bowling fan...

Yeah man I agree with you. These guys live on the edge and it makes them who they are. The problem is they don't live on the edge they go beyond it. One thing about football is next man up. I'm a Giants fan and I'll tell you that JPP should not get any deal no matter how he returns. Next man up!

ChuckBuck
USA
7/31/2015  10:28 AM
holfresh wrote:Stop being naive..Lots of these guys live on the edge..It's what makes them who they are and able to do their sport..Lawerence Taylor was a complete nut which made him a great player..Wait, you want the greatness along with good behavior..Ronnie Lott had his finger amputated during a game so he could get back in the game..Most of these guys are doing risky things that normal people don't do..But you want them to behave on your terms..You should become a bowling fan...

If their off the field behavior compromises their playing time on the field, then they get all their just desserts much deserved criticisms coming their way.

If you can't root for them on the court or field due to suspension, why do they deserve any sort of praise for not showing up to work?

Not my fault, you root for as#holes in life to succeed. I like my players to show performance and character on and off the field, or if you're going to be a numbskull off the court at least show up when it counts on it.

holfresh

7/31/2015  10:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/31/2015  10:41 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:

If their off the field behavior compromises their playing time on the field, then they get all their just desserts much deserved criticisms coming their way.

If you can't root for them on the court or field due to suspension, why do they deserve any sort of praise for not showing up to work?

Not my fault, you root for as#holes in life to succeed. I like my players to show performance and character on and off the field, or if you're going to be a numbskull off the court at least show up when it counts on it.

If they weren't numskulls they wouldn't play the sport...I haven't researched this in a while..The average player dies in his 50s...It takes a different breed of men to do this..But you think they should be well behaved to please you...Hey behave yourself off the field but when on the field, try to maim the player carrying the ball...
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/31/2015  10:45 AM
holfresh wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

If they weren't numskulls they wouldn't play the sport...I haven't researched this in a while..The average player dies in his 50s...It takes a different breed of men to do this..But you think they should be well behaved to please you...Hey behave yourself off the field but when on the field, try to maim the player carrying the ball...

Yeah, I think a player with 5 years experience as an avg mortality of 57 years old. That could be lineman mostly. This was a few years ago I read it. Between eating to keep weight up, roids, and meds to reduce inflamation it was a bad sign. I think when Lyle Alzado died of brain cancer and he came out with his roid warnings was a turning point. Mostly they die of heart problems but its related to what I mentioned. Now with dementia and other brain abnormalities its gonna get ugly for the sport.

holfresh

7/31/2015  10:55 AM
Nalod wrote:
holfresh wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

Yeah, I think a player with 5 years experience as an avg mortality of 57 years old. That could be lineman mostly. This was a few years ago I read it. Between eating to keep weight up, roids, and meds to reduce inflamation it was a bad sign. I think when Lyle Alzado died of brain cancer and he came out with his roid warnings was a turning point. Mostly they die of heart problems but its related to what I mentioned. Now with dementia and other brain abnormalities its gonna get ugly for the sport.

I was a big fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers in the late 70s as a kid, I read somewhere about 10 years ago that most of their offensive linemen were dead..Mike Webster, a pro bowl center, one of the all time greats, died at age 50...Then I started looking up other players from that era, who were dying early as well...These are your modern day gladiators...The sport is just starting to admit that their might be a problem..Nothing will change tho, just too much money involved..
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/31/2015  11:00 AM

I consider driving 80 on the parkway to be living on the edge. Driving 143 with a 12 year old and a loaded semi-automatic? Come on dude. I could care less about the weed part. This isn't about football. The man should be in jail for a decent amount of time.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/31/2015  11:06 AM
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:
holfresh wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

I was a big fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers in the late 70s as a kid, I read somewhere about 10 years ago that most of their offensive linemen were dead..Mike Webster, a pro bowl center, one of the all time greats, died at age 50...Then I started looking up other players from that era, who were dying early as well...These are your modern day gladiators...The sport is just starting to admit that their might be a problem..Nothing will change tho, just too much money involved..

That was group which might have been doing PEDs, by the way. Known for being on the small side, I think, but very strong.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
holfresh

7/31/2015  11:08 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:

I consider driving 80 on the parkway to be living on the edge. Driving 143 with a 12 year old and a loaded semi-automatic? Come on dude. I could care less about the weed part. This isn't about football. The man should be in jail for a decent amount of time.

That is nuts, can't argue that..

ChuckBuck
USA
7/31/2015  11:17 AM
Besides that head trauma stuff that they didn't really monitor in the 70's, 80's and early 90's, alot of these players are able to live normal productive lives after football.

Alot of prominent ex-NFL athletes are for the most part healthy and functional: Jim Brown, Howie Long, Mike Ditka, Marc Schlereth, Terry Bradshaw, LT, Michael Irvin, Joe Namath, Warren Sapp, Joe Montana, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Troy Aikman, Daryl Johnson, Michael Strahan, Tiki Barber, Joe Theisman, Tony Gonzalez, Joe Klecko, Phil Simms, Cris Carter, Jerry Rice, Deion Sanders, Ray Lewis etc etc

Things like Junior Seau taking his own life due to football related trauma is sad no doubt, but that's more the exception, not the norm.

The precautions they take nowadays for head trauma during games is so stringent and actually one of the few good changes the NFL has established in recent sports history. Some NFL players like Wes Welker and Troy Polamulu I can see having some issues down the road, but it is a steep price to play this game.

That out of the way, the topic at hand is scumbags that compromise their team's trust and integrity in binding contract that stipulates you won't act like a complete buffoon off the field like Sheldon Richardson. Just perpetuating stereotypes left and right with speeding in a Bentley automobile, eluding the cops, while smoking weed and having GATs in your car while your kid watches.

Just despicable behavior no matter how you look at athletes lives off the field, and the fact that he let his team down a 2nd time as a repeat offender is what most gets me.

WaltLongmire

7/31/2015  11:43 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:

Driving 143mph with a child and a gun and being chased by the police.

He could have killed himself, everyone in the car, and others.

Not sure Richardson is "living on the edge" at this point...I'd say he's fallen off the edge.

He's a guy who clearly cannot handle the money and prestige that has been bestowed upon him as an NFL player. Maybe he should be locked up with his favorite video games during the off-season so he can't do anything stupid.

This is a guy who could be traveling all over the world or the country, but choses to race at ridiculous speeds in his luxury car and uses a substance that he is not allowed to use according the rules of the league that has helped him become rich, and this is after he has been caught doing so a number of times, already!

Actors, Athletes, Celebrities, and the Wealthy...they all seem to be above our petty codes of morality, and it always amazes me when people support them no matter what they do...

...of course this is why they have probably turned into the people they are- we set few boundaries for these folks, as long as they continue to entertain the masses they can do as they please.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

7/31/2015  12:10 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:Besides that head trauma stuff that they didn't really monitor in the 70's, 80's and early 90's, alot of these players are able to live normal productive lives after football.

Alot of prominent ex-NFL athletes are for the most part healthy and functional: Jim Brown, Howie Long, Mike Ditka, Marc Schlereth, Terry Bradshaw, LT, Michael Irvin, Joe Namath, Warren Sapp, Joe Montana, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Troy Aikman, Daryl Johnson, Michael Strahan, Tiki Barber, Joe Theisman, Tony Gonzalez, Joe Klecko, Phil Simms, Cris Carter, Jerry Rice, Deion Sanders, Ray Lewis etc etc

Things like Junior Seau taking his own life due to football related trauma is sad no doubt, but that's more the exception, not the norm.

The precautions they take nowadays for head trauma during games is so stringent and actually one of the few good changes the NFL has established in recent sports history. Some NFL players like Wes Welker and Troy Polamulu I can see having some issues down the road, but it is a steep price to play this game.

That out of the way, the topic at hand is scumbags that compromise their team's trust and integrity in binding contract that stipulates you won't act like a complete buffoon off the field like Sheldon Richardson. Just perpetuating stereotypes left and right with speeding in a Bentley automobile, eluding the cops, while smoking weed and having GATs in your car while your kid watches.

Just despicable behavior no matter how you look at athletes lives off the field, and the fact that he let his team down a 2nd time as a repeat offender is what most gets me.

My teams are the Jets, Knicks, and Mets- more or less in that order.

Not much more needs to be said about my luck as a fan.

Big fan of Richardson when he came up, and I had no issues with his ****iness. Heard earlier this year that he had shown some inconsistencies last season. His punishment was based on being caught 3 or 4 times with pot in his blood. He clearly cannot control himself if he puts himself into a situation where he will lose money and maybe his career.

Totally hypocritical to make a big deal about pot when alcohol is a much bigger problem. If guys live up to their contract and play hard, I really don't care personally if they use weed, but you have to play within the rules created by the folks who allow you to live a lifestyle and make the kind of money you would almost certainly not make in another profession.

Add to his stupidity the possibility of killing others because of his actions, and you have an entirely different situation.

The time he had to report this latest incident to the proper authorities was almost up, and I heard him on the Kaye show yesterday talking humble pie about his suspension...knowing that this incident would soon be brought to light.

I'm one of the guys who got to see the Jets win their only Super Bowl, and actually saw them play in the Polo Grounds as the NY Titans, and it's amazing how something always seems to happen when you think things are about to turn for the better with this franchise. (Same is true for the other teams I root for, especially the Mets, who can't seem to catch a break injury-wise.)

This is worse than an injury that knocks out a star, though. Hard to control when you get injured...Richardson, though, had the money and resources available to deal with his problem, yet chose another path.

Sad for fans.

Sad for the Jets as an organization.

Even sadder for Richardson.

ChuckBuck
USA
7/31/2015  12:33 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:Besides that head trauma stuff that they didn't really monitor in the 70's, 80's and early 90's, alot of these players are able to live normal productive lives after football.

My teams are the Jets, Knicks, and Mets- more or less in that order.

Not much more needs to be said about my luck as a fan.

Big fan of Richardson when he came up, and I had no issues with his ****iness. Heard earlier this year that he had shown some inconsistencies last season. His punishment was based on being caught 3 or 4 times with pot in his blood. He clearly cannot control himself if he puts himself into a situation where he will lose money and maybe his career.

Totally hypocritical to make a big deal about pot when alcohol is a much bigger problem. If guys live up to their contract and play hard, I really don't care personally if they use weed, but you have to play within the rules created by the folks who allow you to live a lifestyle and make the kind of money you would almost certainly not make in another profession.

Add to his stupidity the possibility of killing others because of his actions, and you have an entirely different situation.

The time he had to report this latest incident to the proper authorities was almost up, and I heard him on the Kaye show yesterday talking humble pie about his suspension...knowing that this incident would soon be brought to light.

I'm one of the guys who got to see the Jets win their only Super Bowl, and actually saw them play in the Polo Grounds as the NY Titans, and it's amazing how something always seems to happen when you think things are about to turn for the better with this franchise. (Same is true for the other teams I root for, especially the Mets, who can't seem to catch a break injury-wise.)

This is worse than an injury that knocks out a star, though. Hard to control when you get injured...Richardson, though, had the money and resources available to deal with his problem, yet chose another path.

Sad for fans.

Sad for the Jets as an organization.

Even sadder for Richardson.

Well said Walt! I was a huge huge fan of Sheldon's. Had a breakout Defensive Rookie of Year campaign. Made the pro Bowl his 2nd season. One of the game's best DT's in the league already:

Just a gifted pass rusher and run stuffer and general disruptive force offenses have to gameplan for.

Was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt with the weed suspension, but have this happen so soon after....disappointing.

holfresh

7/31/2015  12:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/31/2015  12:57 PM
Dude should never have driven like that with a kid in the car...That's the story..Otherwise, Ill take him on the Giants..
ChuckBuck
USA
7/31/2015  1:03 PM
holfresh wrote:Dude should never have driven like that with a kid in the car...That's the story..Otherwise, Ill take him on the Giants..

Trade!

Actually, nah, don't want captain hook over there.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/31/2015  1:57 PM
I was born a jet fan as knicks Rangers and Mets and will die the same. Can a fan help if a player does drugs or a gm sucks or if the owner is a jackass? Nope can't do anything but be a fan and hope for the best. I never really gave a abt about Dolan until he sent that email to that fan I did not care for that.it was ok for Jim to run the worst Franchise in sports history for 15 years and boy when a little critiscm comes back your not a fan right?
RIP Crushalot😞
Why am I a Jets fan again?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy