[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks Talk With Sasha Vujacic
Author Thread
wh4t
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6039
USA
8/1/2015  2:07 AM
What the hell is wrong with phil jax? Vujacic? Man please. I love to be optimistic about next season but I'm a little worried brehs. Hopefully Vujacic gets waived like Lamar Odom did.
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
8/1/2015  2:45 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I don't care if we run the Hoosiers system flawless. We are going to take it on the chin by other teams speed. In fact our poor attention to team speed and athletism which could've been addressed will be the conduit to multiple blowout losses.

Who should the Knicks have went after?

Well that's something you address with 30mm in cap And 3 draft picks we could've easily signed Alex s and signed a quality guard at 35 instead of a 4 th center who may never play here

Do you really think that would have made a huge difference to our teams speed? How many minutes would Schved and this annonymous 35th pick have gotten?

smackeddog
Member: #883
8/1/2015  2:52 AM
dk7th wrote:he's being brought in not to produce but to be a mentoring presence to help establish a lasting culture. big picture, long term move. knicks are going nowhere next season unless porzingis and/or grant explode anyway.

Exactly. Back in the Layden days I used to think the team was boring, but if you look at their record, considering the roster they over achieved- they were hard working, good character players who played defense. IT brought in more individual talent and younger guys but the overall team play was horrific.

Also if you look back at that 56 win season, a large part of it was attributable to slow, older players who put up unimpressive numbers- Kidd, Thomas, Camby, etc.

tj23
Member: #3119

8/1/2015  3:19 AM
Is he really a good mentor though? I always thought he was a chucker with low bball IQ
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

8/1/2015  4:03 AM
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:Sasha will likely be ledos replacement. Locker room presence and master of the triangle. He should see scrub minutes at best.

If he's in shape I could see him being a solid reserve. We already know who the main rotation players were likely to be so these last few roster spots are depth guys at this point.

Lead Guard Scoring Guard Small Forward Power Forward Center
Jerian Grant Arron Afflalo Carmelo Anthony Kristaps Porzingis Robin Lopez
Jose Calderon Sasha Vujacic Cleanthony Early Derrick Williams Kyle O’Quinn
Langston Galloway Lance Thomas Lou Amundson

Langston Galloway is a shooting guard and will likely play there.

The Future is Bright!
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
8/1/2015  11:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/1/2015  11:06 AM
This is a guy Phil and Fisher trust. He iced Game 7 with 2 FTs to beat Boston in 2010, at age 25. He's 31 now but with conditioning being what it is and the fact that he doesn't have as many NBA miles on him as some do, I think he'll be fine. Not sure why people are so upset, as always. This is a fine move and a guy who can shoot it and has shot well on the biggest stage and won two rings and knows the system. People always want to overpay Spurs guards who do this type of thing, I've seen people pine for Patty Mills, Gary Neal, Bellinelli, etc. Vujacic could be a sleeper Bellinelli type. I think this is a smart move. If Phil signs Bynum, I'll have a problem, but I'm fine with this one and curious to see if he can be a positive pressence here.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/1/2015  11:07 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
blkexec wrote:31 is your prime......As long as you have been injury free, thats the age when your physical and mental basketball IQ comes together. I was invited to an NBA camp at 29......At 24 I didn't have the confidence or IQ. In my early 30's, I was unstoppable. I don't understand how people call someone thats 31 old. Plus in this system, you can be 45.....As long as you have a jumper and know how to pass.

Everyone has a right to their opinion.

However what you are saying pretty much defies most of what is known and accepted in modern professional sports history.

If you want to find some strange outlier like Jerry Rice or Gordie Howe or Jaromir Jagr, or even a fringe situation like LaTroy Hawkins/Mike Morgan/Jesse Orosco, you can, but those are going to be rare exceptions to the rule, but the "rule" exists for the majority for a reason.

I don't want to end up like Briggs and start challenging people and demand their resumes, and I loathe the idea of opening up the conversation for you to continue to talk about yourself instead of Vujacic ( I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, but sorry, you spend a lot of time in posts bringing any subject back to you) , but your own experiences aren't the hard fast rule for everyone else out there, esp established NBA veterans.

"Father Time is undefeated" - Charles Barkley

On Vujacic, I fail to see the upside over the short term or long term. I see this as a 'tax' on having a dogmatic approach to the Triangle from the Knicks. That the non use of the system by feeder college programs and in the pros creates an incentive to unearth a veteran player who doesn't look like he can help now, but worse, eats up a roster spot for a player who could be something for the Knicks down the road.

Maybe if Maria Sharpova shows up each home game in revealing clothing and lap dances fans at MSG, maybe that would be worth it.

blkexec is right about the fact that you don't necessarily have to be young and athletic to be successful in the Triangle. Especially if you're a low minute reserve off the bench. It's more about BB IQ and skill. As long as Vujacic can move and shoot he should be fine filling in. You don't have to be blazing fast or athletic to get the job done. I don't think Vujacic is anywhere near his prime self but then again we haven't really been able to watch him play. I can't imagine that he's any slower than Jose.

My guess is that he won't be expected to push the ball every time down the floor, if he's in there. I'm guessing he'll be used as the trailing guard to receive the Lag Pass. In any event his knowledge of the Triangle should help a great deal in practice and in games when he's called upon. We've got enough young guys and will likely add a couple more.

TPercy

8/1/2015  2:06 PM
I doubt we add another guard unless we cut Saunders or Galloway. Our team is almost set, we just need to get another big.
Btw nix, why do you say this vuajnic guy is an excellent shooter, his numbers look bang on average to me. Either way I 85% support the intent of this signing.
The Future is Bright!
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

8/1/2015  2:09 PM
Vujacic has such a high BBIQ, the Knicks will now unveil their new Polygon Offense...more details to follow
nixluva
USA
8/1/2015  3:02 PM
TPercy wrote:I doubt we add another guard unless we cut Saunders or Galloway. Our team is almost set, we just need to get another big.
Btw nix, why do you say this vuajnic guy is an excellent shooter, his numbers look bang on average to me. Either way I 85% support the intent of this signing.

I actually never said that Sasha is a great overall shooter. I think the idea is that he can be a threat from 3pt range.

The Knicks need three-point shooting, and Vujacic is a career 37.1% shooter from behind the arc. A quick glance at his recent European numbers suggests that he also hit roughly 37 percent of his threes during his NBA sabbatical.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/1/2015  3:07 PM
This is a vet minimum signing.... best vet out there to me is Ben Gordon and he's 6'2" on a good day.

Vujacic is a proven shooter in the nba with championship experience. He's also projected to be a bench player for us.

With every move does it have to be a +5 page thread of Frank Isola twitter impersonations?.... it's not a sexy move but when you have a few singles at the titty bar, you gotta take what you can get and make then count.

1 year minimum. Step off the ledge

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nixluva
USA
8/1/2015  3:20 PM
EnySpree wrote:This is a vet minimum signing.... best vet out there to me is Ben Gordon and he's 6'2" on a good day.

Vujacic is a proven shooter in the nba with championship experience. He's also projected to be a bench player for us.

With every move does it have to be a +5 page thread of Frank Isola twitter impersonations?.... it's not a sexy move but when you have a few singles at the titty bar, you gotta take what you can get and make then count.

1 year minimum. Step off the ledge

A lot of this stems from a group of posters who don't really like this roster. They feel this team sucks and they are still thinking that there's some better options we're missing out on. They don't accept that the rotation players are pretty much set at this point and the guys we're adding are most likely low minute to no minute players.

Lead Guard Scoring Guard Small Forward Power Forward Center
Jerian Grant Arron Afflalo Carmelo Anthony Kristaps Porzingis Robin Lopez
Jose Calderon Langston Galloway Cleanthony Early Derrick Williams Kyle O’Quinn
??? Sasha Vujacic Lance Thomas Lou Amundson ???
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/1/2015  3:26 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I don't care if we run the Hoosiers system flawless. We are going to take it on the chin by other teams speed. In fact our poor attention to team speed and athletism which could've been addressed will be the conduit to multiple blowout losses.

Well that's something you address with 30mm in cap And 3 draft picks we could've easily signed Alex s and signed a quality guard at 35 instead of a 4 th center who may never play here

Do you really think that would have made a huge difference to our teams speed? How many minutes would Schved and this annonymous 35th pick have gotten?

Do I think we'd be better with schvyed and Powell? By a mile. You'll see what I'm talking about in a couple of months.

RIP Crushalot😞
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/1/2015  3:47 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TPercy

8/1/2015  3:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/1/2015  3:56 PM
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:I doubt we add another guard unless we cut Saunders or Galloway. Our team is almost set, we just need to get another big.

I actually never said that Sasha is a great overall shooter. I think the idea is that he can be a threat from 3pt range.

The Knicks need three-point shooting, and Vujacic is a career 37.1% shooter from behind the arc. A quick glance at his recent European numbers suggests that he also hit roughly 37 percent of his threes during his NBA sabbatical.

He was decent in the NBA in terms of shooting. His Europe numbers have him at 33% overall but he was really bad last season. Hopefully he can return to his best.

The Future is Bright!
RedmenBaller
Member: #6084

8/1/2015  4:59 PM
crzymdups wrote:This is a guy Phil and Fisher trust. He iced Game 7 with 2 FTs to beat Boston in 2010, at age 25. He's 31 now but with conditioning being what it is and the fact that he doesn't have as many NBA miles on him as some do, I think he'll be fine. Not sure why people are so upset, as always. This is a fine move and a guy who can shoot it and has shot well on the biggest stage and won two rings and knows the system. People always want to overpay Spurs guards who do this type of thing, I've seen people pine for Patty Mills, Gary Neal, Bellinelli, etc. Vujacic could be a sleeper Bellinelli type. I think this is a smart move. If Phil signs Bynum, I'll have a problem, but I'm fine with this one and curious to see if he can be a positive pressence here.

Think I would have liked the signing of someone who is veteran that younger guys can look up to or a young with potential and little financial risk. Cant really say that was accomplished here.

DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

8/1/2015  5:27 PM
sorry
I like some of the knicks off season moves,
many was turning nothing to something for upcoming camp

However this Sasha Vujacic is a waste of $$$
and time by Phil Jackson

We never learn from these things
what has this guy done ? ? ?
since the LAL Kobe last championship yrs, with Gasol ?

This makes no sense bringing in a washedup
Sasha Vujacic for sake of Triangle play

Go figure Jackson
could have saved the $$$signing for someone else

Sasha Vujacic will not work in NY
maybe 3-5 yrs ago

You got to be kidding me ?

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

8/1/2015  6:26 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Do I think we'd be better with schvyed and Powell? By a mile. You'll see what I'm talking about in a couple of months.

So you didn't answer the question Nixluva asked you about which teams is it in the east that will have too much speed for us??
nixluva
USA
8/1/2015  6:38 PM
DJMUSIC wrote:sorry

and time by Phil Jackson

Go figure Jackson

maybe 3-5 yrs ago

I don't think he's here to log major minutes. We have to keep things in perspective. The guys we're signing now are not intended to be major contributors. If we are down to depending Sasha then things have gone really wrong. He's here to fill in and play a role as a veteran presence who has experience in this system. Some young guy who has talent but no idea how to function in the Triangle isn't necessarily a better option off the bench. Sasha's not a long term answer but he might serve a good purpose in the short term. I'm hoping the guards ahead of him Ball Out and we never really have to play him much.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/1/2015  8:22 PM
nixluva wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:sorry

and time by Phil Jackson

Go figure Jackson

maybe 3-5 yrs ago

I don't think he's here to log major minutes. We have to keep things in perspective. The guys we're signing now are not intended to be major contributors. If we are down to depending Sasha then things have gone really wrong. He's here to fill in and play a role as a veteran presence who has experience in this system. Some young guy who has talent but no idea how to function in the Triangle isn't necessarily a better option off the bench. Sasha's not a long term answer but he might serve a good purpose in the short term. I'm hoping the guards ahead of him Ball Out and we never really have to play him much.

What team is faster than the Knicks? I believe the answer is all of them or very close to it.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knicks Talk With Sasha Vujacic

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy