[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks Talk With Sasha Vujacic
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/31/2015  3:55 PM
I like this move. There weren't any shooters available to replace what THJ brought tot he table. Well, consider THJ replaced now... possibly even improved
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
7/31/2015  3:58 PM
Very good pickup. Perfect triangle player. Definitely a bench coach/mentor role for the younguns.

Can't have all prospects and projects, need to offset that with veterans willing to show the young guys how to play.

blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
7/31/2015  3:59 PM
earthmansurfer wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:We haven't been able to see any of Sasha's games in Turkey but i'm sure the Knicks have some scout who have. Maybe he still has a little gas left. 31 isn't that ancient for a low minute shooter off the bench. Sasha is kind of a safety blanket. They still need to find a young guard for the future, but I guess they think Sasha can fill in for the short term.

31 is your prime......As long as you have been injury free, thats the age when your physical and mental basketball IQ comes together. I was invited to an NBA camp at 29......At 24 I didn't have the confidence or IQ. In my early 30's, I was unstoppable. I don't understand how people call someone thats 31 old. Plus in this system, you can be 45.....As long as you have a jumper and know how to pass.

Interesting point, I wonder when you start playing so young with all the wear and tear on the body, if your "prime" is indeed 27 ish. NBA guys seem to reach their peak around there, at least physically. They still get better with their understanding, so I'd say 27-31 in the NBA. If you have a late start, less wear on you, perhaps that can be pushed back.

I think the special NBA stars peak much sooner.....And they hold their peak until 30 something. But role players peak later. It doesn't matter too much when you started playing. What matters is when you became the go to guy. Thats when wear and tear catches up with you. When my physical and mental caught up to each other, for 3 yrs str8, I was unstoppable. But since I increased my playing time, because I was invited to all these different leagues, and played every minute of every game, thats when my induries came.....And I tore my achilles.

Thats why Melo had knee surgury.....Thats why Kobe tore his achilles.....It's not just age, it's minutes played plus age. And Dantoni ran Melo and Kobe into the ground. Melo was playing more minutes than anybody in the NBA at age 29. Sasha will not be playing heavy minutes, and for the most part, his basetball play will not increase, but rather decrease. So the time on the court, he will become a major asset, playing off of Melo and KP. Him and Aflalo will play the Ray Allen role. You can be affective in that role for a very long time. Look at Paul Piece.

This is why I knew Lebron was not just hype. He had physical skills and high basketball IQ in HS....Anybody who can run the point at a young age, be a past first player, while having the ability to take over a game.....And know when to take over the game. Lebron had that insight, but it took his experience in Miami to perfect it.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
y2zipper
Member: #3287

7/31/2015  4:09 PM
An NBA player's physical peak is usually from their age 26-29 seasons. 29-32 is late-prime from some and the beginning of physical decline for most players. A pro scout can spot an NBA star at like 12 years old and you can see a special LeBron-type player earlier than that, but that's usually when it is.

Role players and shooters can sometimes peak later than this or stay in the game longer because the fundamental skills never actually go away no matter how old you get.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/31/2015  4:30 PM
sounds like most of you are just being optimistic, signing sasha is nothing to right home about. I havent seen the guy play in 4 yrs so i can't make any judgement, I just hope it fits the role fisher gives him
ES
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/31/2015  4:49 PM
sasha is an overrated shooter who doesn't play defense. Galloway really needs to take the next step this year because everyone else sucks on D. Hopefully Grant is a good defender too.
blkexec
Member: #748
7/31/2015  5:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/31/2015  5:47 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:sasha is an overrated shooter who doesn't play defense. Galloway really needs to take the next step this year because everyone else sucks on D. Hopefully Grant is a good defender too.

I think Gallo is overrated....and undersized as a SG. Sasha is a taller guard and more of a system player than a scorer.

Gallo is a hot n cold scorer.....i rather have Sasha in those crunch time moments on offense. I trust his IQ in this system over Gallo.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
TPercy
Member: #5748

7/31/2015  6:48 PM
Sasha will likely be ledos replacement. Locker room presence and master of the triangle. He should see scrub minutes at best.
The Future is Bright!
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/31/2015  6:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/31/2015  6:58 PM
TPercy wrote:Sasha will likely be ledos replacement. Locker room presence and master of the triangle. He should see scrub minutes at best.

If he's in shape I could see him being a solid reserve. We already know who the main rotation players were likely to be so these last few roster spots are depth guys at this point.

Lead Guard Scoring Guard Small Forward Power Forward Center
Jerian Grant Arron Afflalo Carmelo Anthony Kristaps Porzingis Robin Lopez
Jose Calderon Sasha Vujacic Cleanthony Early Derrick Williams Kyle O’Quinn
Langston Galloway Lance Thomas Lou Amundson
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/31/2015  7:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/31/2015  8:27 PM
blkexec wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:sasha is an overrated shooter who doesn't play defense. Galloway really needs to take the next step this year because everyone else sucks on D. Hopefully Grant is a good defender too.

I think Gallo is overrated....and undersized as a SG. Sasha is a taller guard and more of a system player than a scorer.

Gallo is a hot n cold scorer.....i rather have Sasha in those crunch time moments on offense. I trust his IQ in this system over Gallo.

He's also played all of 45 games...and starts this season at only 23, after being second team all-rookie.

I would think that he'd be allowed time to improve his game and build on last year and take that next step...No?

Agree about the shooting consistency, but he was best as an off the ball SG in college, where he was pretty consistent from the 3.

I'm sure Gallo is his equal in terms of knowing the system...I think he's kind of nerdy in that way.

Hopefully he improves a bit, but I expect him to get less playing time than last year.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

7/31/2015  7:26 PM
oh cool it's just a camp invite

....no wait WTF....guaranteed????

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

7/31/2015  7:43 PM
Calderon and Vujacic are already working out together in Spain

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/31/2015  8:29 PM
His deal is guaranteed.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/31/2015  8:33 PM
I don't care if we run the Hoosiers system flawless. We are going to take it on the chin by other teams speed. In fact our poor attention to team speed and athletism which could've been addressed will be the conduit to multiple blowout losses.
RIP Crushalot😞
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

7/31/2015  8:51 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:It is a very smart move by Phil to add someone who is familiar with the triangle. The dude is a smart player and used to play with a an attitude. Why not

That's what i'm saying. It's absolutely a smart move to bring him in and let him try to win a spot on the 15.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/31/2015  9:40 PM
blkexec wrote:

Well You should expect that from most rookies and especially a rookie in his position, not surrounded by good players. If you take a look at Galloway shooting numbers you will see that many of his 2pt FGAs were not assisted only 47% of his 2pt shots were assisted and only 74% of his 3PAs were assisted. That's terrible for a classic spot up shooter.

Vujacic never had a season under 55%(career avg 69%) assisted 2pt FGAs and his assisted 3PAs were never under 86%(career avg 93%). Despite getiing assisted on most of his shot he is still a poor shooter. He is a good 3pt shooter but didn't shoot enough of those to offset his poor ability to score inside the arch. On top of that he sucks on D. He does move the ball and rebound well though.

Oh well, he'll fit right in.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/31/2015  9:55 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I don't care if we run the Hoosiers system flawless. We are going to take it on the chin by other teams speed. In fact our poor attention to team speed and athletism which could've been addressed will be the conduit to multiple blowout losses.

Who should the Knicks have went after?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/31/2015  10:08 PM
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I don't care if we run the Hoosiers system flawless. We are going to take it on the chin by other teams speed. In fact our poor attention to team speed and athletism which could've been addressed will be the conduit to multiple blowout losses.

Well that's something you address with 30mm in cap And 3 draft picks we could've easily signed Alex s and signed a quality guard at 35 instead of a 4 th center who may never play here

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/31/2015  11:10 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Well that's something you address with 30mm in cap And 3 draft picks we could've easily signed Alex s and signed a quality guard at 35 instead of a 4 th center who may never play here

While I would agree that the Knicks won't be one of the fastest or athletic rosters in the league, I don't think it's exactly a team of plodders either. Who are the teams with outstanding speed in the East that the Knicks have to be so worried about? You've been making this case for a while now but I don't see a lot of teams we won't be able keep up with in terms of team speed.

We have to see who actually gets the last spots on the roster but currently we have players who can move at the pace we need to compete. Jerian, Galloway, KP, Early and DWill aren't slow. Afflalo, Lance, Lou and RoLo aren't the fastest players but they aren't slow for their positions either. Now when it comes to Melo, Sasha and Jose they aren't fast or athletic but you can't really base the whole team's speed off of those guys.

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
8/1/2015  12:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/1/2015  12:05 AM
he's being brought in not to produce but to be a mentoring presence to help establish a lasting culture. big picture, long term move. knicks are going nowhere next season unless porzingis and/or grant explode anyway.
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Knicks Talk With Sasha Vujacic

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy