[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jerian Grant Is Our Starting Lead Guard
Author Thread
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
7/17/2015  10:09 PM

His bloodlines are solid. He will do Harvey and Horace proud. His basketball DNA is intelligent and intuitive. As Bill Bradley describes basketball comprehension as, "having a sense of where you are on the floor". Jerian Grant fits that narrative better than anyone in our backcourt.

No reason to defer his development by not giving him the responsibility to run the team. He will make his share of rookie errors but he is ready. He is also a quick study. He will not make the same mistake twice. We dig that about him.

Book It.

once a knick always a knick
AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/17/2015  10:11 PM
I like him a lot. He is a like a cross between Mark Jackson and Greg Anthony.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/17/2015  10:13 PM
I love this kid. I was so happy when they announced we got him in the draft. Now watching him play it just makes me even more happy cuz we really needed a guard for our future. No more TD or Felton types. A real guard that can do the things this team needs. I could kiss Phil for giving us what we've needed for so long. I'm pulling for him to win the starting job cuz I think he's our best option, even as a rookie.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/17/2015  10:17 PM
nixluva wrote:I love this kid. I was so happy when they announced we got him in the draft. Now watching him play it just makes me even more happy cuz we really needed a guard for our future. No more TD or Felton types. A real guard that can do the things this team needs. I could kiss Phil for giving us what we've needed for so long. I'm pulling for him to win the starting job cuz I think he's our best option, even as a rookie.
agreed. Never been a calderon fan so im hoping grant gets the nod
H1AND1
Member: #5648

7/17/2015  10:26 PM
It would be so amazing to have a NBA starting caliber point guard.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/17/2015  10:28 PM
Do you mean Grant by himself or Grant and Calderon?.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/17/2015  10:29 PM
This season should be about the development of Grant and KP period. They hold the keys to us being a contender in the next few yrs. Regardless of wins or losses develop these 2.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
nixluva
USA
7/17/2015  10:30 PM
H1AND1 wrote:It would be so amazing to have a NBA starting caliber point guard.

OH I think we've got one now. The entire point was to land a big in KP and a legit PG and Jerian has shown he is a legit PG and the right guard for this team IMO. It's not easy to look good in the Triangle as a guard. You have to be smart and skilled. Jerian also has the speed to get in the paint and create for himself and others and we REALLY needed that.

misterearl
USA
7/17/2015  10:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/17/2015  10:37 PM
The Answer Man Never Stutters

Q. Yellowboy: Do you mean Grant by himself or Grant and Calderon?

A. Long live the BBC. (The Big Backcourt) Calderon can come off the bench. Afflalo can play the other guard spot and provide more rugged defense than Calderon. Afflalo also shot 38 per cent from three point range. And I like Calderon. But this is business. It's not personal.

Knicks1969
Member: #5915

7/17/2015  10:33 PM
Agree
Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/17/2015  10:39 PM
misterearl wrote:

His bloodlines are solid. He will do Harvey and Horace proud. His basketball DNA is intelligent and intuitive. As Bill Bradley describes basketball comprehension as, "having a sense of where you are on the floor". Jerian Grant fits that narrative better than anyone in our backcourt.

No reason to defer his development by not giving him the responsibility to run the team. He will make his share of rookie errors but he is ready. He is also a quick study. He will not make the same mistake twice. We dig that about him.

Book It.

Have you told Phil and Fisher about your decision on this matter?
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
misterearl
USA
7/17/2015  10:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/17/2015  10:51 PM
Who You Gonna Believe, That Lyin' Clarence Gaines Jr. or The The Answer Man?

Q. WaltLongmire - Have you told Phil and Fisher about your decision on this matter?

A. Derek Fisher follows The Answer Man on twitter. You do the math.

(Note: Clarence Gaines Jr, like his famous Dad, Big House, Owns Two Critical Eyes For Judging Talent)

blkexec
Member: #748
7/17/2015  10:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/17/2015  10:58 PM
nixluva wrote:

OH I think we've got one now. The entire point was to land a big in KP and a legit PG and Jerian has shown he is a legit PG and the right guard for this team IMO. It's not easy to look good in the Triangle as a guard. You have to be smart and skilled. Jerian also has the speed to get in the paint and create for himself and others and we REALLY needed that.

Nix....i dont get why people hate your optimism but you are spot on......Phil deserves more credit than hes givin. And got two defensive SF / PF types to protect melos weakness.....with a PG on top.

Sounds like ordering a sundae.....

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nixluva
USA
7/17/2015  11:05 PM
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Nix....i dont get why people hate your optimism but you ate spot on......Phil deserves more credit than hes givin. And got two defensive SF / PF types to protect melos weakness.....with a PG on top. SWEET

Man the haters don't bother me. I'm too strong willed for that. Phil is doing what his basketball instincts tell him is right. I tried to tell people that we had some capable basketball minds and talent evaluators on staff. Guys like Clarence Gaines who know what Phil is looking for. He knows Phil wanted a legit big guard who could do a little of everything and that had leadership qualities. There's more to it than just raw talent which some people don't understand.

Phil wasn't going after only a big name in FA. He was looking for the right combo of character, talent, hard work, BB IQ and sacrifice for the team. It's not a quick fix. This is the building blocks of a winning team that you can build on. It's just the beginning of the process. Besides NY fans love hard working players that are not about the glitz but grinding and that's the kind of team Phil is giving us.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/17/2015  11:29 PM
Watching the game on delay and listening to Dwayne Casey talking about Calderon. I think Calderon starts this year and splits minutes with Grant.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloanyk
Member: #5615

7/18/2015  12:16 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Watching the game on delay and listening to Dwayne Casey talking about Calderon. I think Calderon starts this year and splits minutes with Grant.
Agree. Calderon is experienced and not the bum that some like him out to be. Grant may be more seasoned than the average rook but he's still a rook and not as refined as others like to be believe. Let him come off bench and develop properly
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/18/2015  1:36 AM
It would be best if Grant was able to beat Calderon outright.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
TPercy
Member: #5748

7/18/2015  3:31 AM
No way should Calderon start. He is a good pg and has always had a solid cheer but we need someone who can penetrate as well as distributing the ball and play plus defense.
The Future is Bright!
TPercy
Member: #5748

7/18/2015  3:31 AM
No way should Calderon start. He is a good pg and has always had a solid cheer but we need someone who can penetrate as well as distributing the ball and play plus defense.
The Future is Bright!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/18/2015  7:45 AM
The old school way is you have to earn your spot. We all have the confidence in Grant, but Calderón deserves his respect. Jerian has to prove that he's worthy and show up to training camp to show and prove. Calderón is still a respected pg in this league and internationally. Calderón isn't going to give up on his career just yet. I'm sure he's working hard to make sure Jerian doesn't take his spot....

anyway you look at it, it's great for our franchise. We need a rookie to cross that bridge. His day will come but he has to earn it

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Jerian Grant Is Our Starting Lead Guard

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy