knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYY1NYK2 wrote:This kid can ball, look at his highlights from last season. great passing ability, has a great first step,fake, and uses both hands. His defense can get lazy at times, but he should be our 6th man off the bench and insurance for afflalo.
No clue why fisher played scrubby larkin 38 mins vs ledo 5 to 10, day in and day out

Because fisher had no clue what the hell he was doing

Of course you were hanging out at practice day after day watching Ledo's progress picking up the offense and defense, so you are uniquely qualified to know that Fisher had no clue about what he was doing...
At the exact moment moment Fisher *should* have been teaching Ledo to be an NBA star he was instead thinking of how best to ruin the Knicks draft position.

so we played larkin 38 minutes as part of the tank. God forbid he played Ledo more minute we might have made the playoffs, or worse yet, ledo might be worth keeping..like what are you guys getting at, It sounds like your thinking he did good thing by giving him sporadic minutes

Your protecting fisher like he no hand in the horrible season we just witness, even he himself has excepted blame.

not protecting Fisher. Just not making comments that rank among the dumbest Ive ever read here like not playing Ledo more might have cost the playoffs. Fisher had a very tough season. His veterans were hurt the start the season, his guys in walk years wanted nothing to do with the team and there wasnt much else to lean on.

What are these 38 minutes your talking about? Actually never mind.

dude, all im saying is that anyone who states fisher didn't do a even halfway decent job, you give him a million excuses. I know the roster was trash, but why not play a guy who you have plans on keeping, instead of a guy you have zero interest in.

Ledo wouldn't have been the difference maker, but more PT wouldn't have been a bad Idea

The Knicks knew what they were dealing with regarding Ledo. You are the one that isn't thinking clearly when it comes to Fish. Why do you think it was necessary to play Ledo big minutes? What he needed to fix wasn't going to get done in the regular season. People have this notion that players actually get better with in game minutes. Sure part of their process of developing has to come in game action but the biggest part of the process is working in the gym on their skills and conditioning etc. Ledo was practically ignored in Dallas and his skills and conditioning suffered. Ledo also needed a lot of work on his understanding of how to fit in the system wasn't going to get significantly better with a few more game minutes. Fish knew that. You're the one who just didn't understand that.

Your absolute right, i don't understand, neither do you,and neither did fisher. Were all trying to make sense of it. I don't know if ledo is a pg or sg, i geuss will go with combo guard.

But there is one thing I'm 100% clear on, LEDO is better than Larkin, in more then one way.

Then again, a delusional person may also be 100% clear on a belief, too.

Just saying...

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
7/7/2015  10:08 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYY1NYK2 wrote:This kid can ball, look at his highlights from last season. great passing ability, has a great first step,fake, and uses both hands. His defense can get lazy at times, but he should be our 6th man off the bench and insurance for afflalo.
No clue why fisher played scrubby larkin 38 mins vs ledo 5 to 10, day in and day out

Because fisher had no clue what the hell he was doing

Of course you were hanging out at practice day after day watching Ledo's progress picking up the offense and defense, so you are uniquely qualified to know that Fisher had no clue about what he was doing...
At the exact moment moment Fisher *should* have been teaching Ledo to be an NBA star he was instead thinking of how best to ruin the Knicks draft position.

so we played larkin 38 minutes as part of the tank. God forbid he played Ledo more minute we might have made the playoffs, or worse yet, ledo might be worth keeping..like what are you guys getting at, It sounds like your thinking he did good thing by giving him sporadic minutes

Your protecting fisher like he no hand in the horrible season we just witness, even he himself has excepted blame.

not protecting Fisher. Just not making comments that rank among the dumbest Ive ever read here like not playing Ledo more might have cost the playoffs. Fisher had a very tough season. His veterans were hurt the start the season, his guys in walk years wanted nothing to do with the team and there wasnt much else to lean on.

What are these 38 minutes your talking about? Actually never mind.

dude, all im saying is that anyone who states fisher didn't do a even halfway decent job, you give him a million excuses. I know the roster was trash, but why not play a guy who you have plans on keeping, instead of a guy you have zero interest in.

Ledo wouldn't have been the difference maker, but more PT wouldn't have been a bad Idea

The Knicks knew what they were dealing with regarding Ledo. You are the one that isn't thinking clearly when it comes to Fish. Why do you think it was necessary to play Ledo big minutes? What he needed to fix wasn't going to get done in the regular season. People have this notion that players actually get better with in game minutes. Sure part of their process of developing has to come in game action but the biggest part of the process is working in the gym on their skills and conditioning etc. Ledo was practically ignored in Dallas and his skills and conditioning suffered. Ledo also needed a lot of work on his understanding of how to fit in the system wasn't going to get significantly better with a few more game minutes. Fish knew that. You're the one who just didn't understand that.

Your absolute right, i don't understand, neither do you,and neither did fisher. Were all trying to make sense of it. I don't know if ledo is a pg or sg, i geuss will go with combo guard.

But there is one thing I'm 100% clear on, LEDO is better than Larkin, in more then one way.

No I'm sure I knew what I was looking at and so did Fisher. YOU didn't know what you were looking at and that's why it confused you. Yes Ledo is a SG that has some passing skills. That is pretty much a text book PJax guard. He likes all of his players to actually have as much passing ability as possible, which makes sense in a ball and player movement system. Ledo also has breakdown ability and gets to the rim which is another one of Phil's favorite things. Your bias towards Fish has made it impossible for you to realize that he had a plan for Ledo. Fish and Phil clearly had a plan for Ledo and he's been working with the team and on his own. If he can put it all together he'll have a big role.
Red
Member: #6016

7/8/2015  8:15 AM
I started another thread, without checking first. Figured you guys would not have seen Porter's doc as yet. Sorry bout that! Corey Porter puts together nice basketball pieces. He himself is going to go a long way in that business. Here's hoping Ledo himself can get it together and it's not too late......
RedmenBaller
Member: #6084

7/8/2015  8:23 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Interesting piece on Ledo.

Seems to get it. Has a good support from his family. He showed signs at the end of last season. He is able to create his own shot and shoots it well.

May be a sleeper for the Knicks this season. I believe he has a partial guarantee??

*Update* - according to Spotrac - He has contract that will pay him just under $1M this season.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-york-knicks/ricky-ledo/

All we have is sleepers except for Melo and Aflalo. Let's hope they don't stay asleep.

Red
Member: #6016

7/8/2015  8:55 AM
I came across this video on one of the Providence forums. You guys wouldn't believe the "hate" this guy generates among a lot of PC fans, just because he declared without ever playing a game for Providence. I don't think some of those fans will ever forget. Others, myself included, wish him only the best. And I think Ledo is right when he says "this is the year".
nixluva
USA
7/8/2015  9:39 AM
Red wrote:I came across this video on one of the Providence forums. You guys wouldn't believe the "hate" this guy generates among a lot of PC fans, just because he declared without ever playing a game for Providence. I don't think some of those fans will ever forget. Others, myself included, wish him only the best. And I think Ledo is right when he says "this is the year".

IMO this is a great spot for him. His skills and talents fit this kind of system perfectly. As he calms down and feels more relaxed he'll make fewer mistakes and more smart plays. You could see the talent even last year when I think he wasn't at his best physically. Here in NY they'll teach him sound basketball principles which will only make him better.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
7/8/2015  10:01 AM
After watching the video, maybe I see a young Joe Johnson...
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
nixluva
USA
7/8/2015  10:13 AM
technomaster wrote:After watching the video, maybe I see a young Joe Johnson...

Yeah very similar style of play. High shoulders. More about skill and creating just enough space to get his shot off, than athletic ability.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
7/8/2015  11:04 AM
It might be worth noting that Joe Johnson didn't really come into his own until his 3rd season in the NBA, and all-star level player in year 5. He looked like a middling role player over his first 2 seasons - ~8.5ppg/2.5apg/3.2rpg in 25mpg - 41%FG). I thought he had bust written all over him. :)

In his 3rd season (at age 22), he looked like an average starter - 16.7ppg, 2.6apg, 3.2rpg in a whopping 40.6mpg. Other than scoring, his apg/rpg barely moved!

It wasn't until 2 seasons later that he really started looking like a bonafide all-star with the Hawks in his 5th season - 20.2ppg, 6.5apg, 4.1rpg - albeit still with heavy minutes (40.7mpg).

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/johnsjo02.html

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/8/2015  12:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/8/2015  12:06 PM
Just hope he plays smart and under control...no need for hero-ball from him at this point.

I expect that you will know early on whether or not he's matured as a player based on his decision making. He should be well acquainted with the Triangle at this point, so I expect to see him take advantage of the system.

He's still only 22. If he's a keeper we will have a pretty good nucleus of younger players (<25) on the team:

Galloway
Grant
Ledo
Early
KP
Hernangomez
O'Quinn
Thanasis (hopefully)

and maybe guys like Labeyrie or Ndour, both 23, are players.

Edit- forgot that Derrick Williams is under 25, too.

Not used to this type of youth on the Knicks. Just hope that everyone lives up to their potential.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
USA
7/8/2015  12:40 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Just hope he plays smart and under control...no need for hero-ball from him at this point.

I expect that you will know early on whether or not he's matured as a player based on his decision making. He should be well acquainted with the Triangle at this point, so I expect to see him take advantage of the system.

He's still only 22. If he's a keeper we will have a pretty good nucleus of younger players (<25) on the team:

Galloway
Grant
Ledo
Early
KP
Hernangomez
O'Quinn
Thanasis (hopefully)

and maybe guys like Labeyrie or Ndour, both 23, are players.

Edit- forgot that Derrick Williams is under 25, too.

Not used to this type of youth on the Knicks. Just hope that everyone lives up to their potential.

The things that is interesting for me is that Phil has been looking for kids who have the kind of game that fits into the needs of this system. with every move he's adding players who are much more of a fit for this style of basketball. The real potential of the team is greater than the Media realizes because we have so many kids who haven't yet had a chance to develop and show just how much talent they actually have. There's a LOT of latent talent on this roster. I'm hoping for some of that talent to show this year.

Most of the kids Phil has brought in have a very good skill and BB IQ level. As they learn and grow in team oriented system basketball that talent should start to be exposed. Ledo is a perfect example of that kind of latent talent. As he gains experience and comfort at this level he should start to shine in a team concept. The Baby Knicks as I called them last year will come up together and should develop some good chemistry.

PhilinLA
Member: #696
7/8/2015  12:48 PM
Ledo might be the kind of ringer we need to solve our 2 problem early.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
NumberTwoPencil
Member: #481
USA
7/8/2015  2:14 PM
I just looked to see if Rick Ledo was wearing Lavar Postell's jersey number. (Alas, not, Ledo = 11, Postell = 7, based on a quick google.)

I was thinking Ledo's upside might be Postell and, hey, we need a new Postell. The big surprise, to me, however, was this update on Lavar Postell. He's in the Army now!

http://www.army.mil/article/96167/NBA_player__Lavor_Postell__joins_U_S__Army/

Two years ago, Postell was a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) 91B: Wheel Vehicle Mechanic. I don't see any recent updates so presumably Postell is still in the army.

Oh, okay, back to Rick Ledo.

nixluva
USA
7/8/2015  2:29 PM
NumberTwoPencil wrote:I just looked to see if Rick Ledo was wearing Lavar Postell's jersey number. (Alas, not, Ledo = 11, Postell = 7, based on a quick google.)

I was thinking Ledo's upside might be Postell and, hey, we need a new Postell. The big surprise, to me, however, was this update on Lavar Postell. He's in the Army now!

http://www.army.mil/article/96167/NBA_player__Lavor_Postell__joins_U_S__Army/

Two years ago, Postell was a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) 91B: Wheel Vehicle Mechanic. I don't see any recent updates so presumably Postell is still in the army.

Oh, okay, back to Rick Ledo.

Why would you be making jokes about Postell in regards to Ledo? Are you that down on Ledo that you think he has no shot at all? He may not have been ready last year but we'll get a better idea of what he can do this year. I like his basic skills and I hope he can put it all together. This is definitely his opportunity to show he can stick at the NBA level.
NumberTwoPencil
USA
7/9/2015  3:21 AM
Oh, come on, I wasn't seriously dissing Ricky Ledo and, hey, no joke he's in the army now :) (That said, the first and second year stats for Ledo and Postell are very similar.)
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/9/2015  9:01 AM
Wow. That video was moving. I hope he makes it. The Knicks have only one real SG, so this kid should get a chance. It is up to him. I would not mind the Knicks using this season to really see what Ledo, Grant, Galloway, and Early can do. The FA signings, we should still be able to make it to the 8th playoff spot, even if we give PT to guys like Ledo.
Trust the Process
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/9/2015  9:03 AM
One other thing. Ledo needs to put in more work on defense. THat is what is going to get him playing time.
Trust the Process
NumberTwoPencil
USA
8/3/2015  10:30 AM
Oooops, Ledo didn't even make it to Lavar Postell status. Oh, well. Is he going to land on the Bayhawks? (The only rumor I see is that the Lakers _may_ be interested.)
Ricky Ledo - Working Hard this off season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy